Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2019, 10:28 AM

Default Botach - Order not shipped, not responding to inquiries

I ordered from Botach on the 3rd and still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. I went through their route by leaving a voicemail, and doing their text chat and they still haven't gotten back to me.

I get that they're swamped, but i'm starting to get frustrated that I can't even get a simple email or chat response.

Update:

Got ahold of them and it looks like they sold stock they didn't have and are waiting on a shipment to fulfill my order. Definitely annoyed, considering PSA will have shipped and delivered before these guys and PSA is SLOOOOOOOW.

Last edited by dwinters14; 04-09-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Old 04-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Oh!
Old 04-09-2019, 11:54 AM
CGN Contributor

Botach is a CA company and don't stock standard cap magazines for civvie sales, so they had to scramble and fight for allocation from suppliers when last week's magstravaganza happened. They had to arrange drop ships of magazines from out of state and these take longer to deliver.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

Botach is in Las Vegas
Old 04-09-2019, 12:09 PM

yeah they are no longer based in los angeles. But even when they were they always misrepresented stock they had on hand. Best way to order from them was to actually call and see if they had any on will call then order and have it shipped.

They used to let us pick up in there LA store but the drive gets tedious.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:12 PM

I'm in the same boat.. Ordered on on the 31st, for product that showed in stock. Messaged with them, and they said its on backorder.

I'm still waiting, and order hasn't changed status or shipped yet, from their order system. I'm not worried, its no rush, and I am looking forward to getting that order.
But I can wait. As long as they honor their order, I'm good, and they're good to go.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:39 PM

Worst retailer I’ve ever dealt with EVER!
Old 04-09-2019, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

Surprise surprise... y’all must be new to the game! Not the first time they’ve screwed the pooch
Old 04-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member

I placed two orders with them on the 31st, one shipped on the 1st, the other on the 3rd. Both were delivered on the 5th. Lowest prices I could find and free shipping.
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 04-09-2019, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357manny View Post
I'm in the same boat.. Ordered on on the 31st, for product that showed in stock. Messaged with them, and they said its on backorder.

I'm still waiting, and order hasn't changed status or shipped yet, from their order system. I'm not worried, its no rush, and I am looking forward to getting that order.
But I can wait. As long as they honor their order, I'm good, and they're good to go.
It's not the end of the world but I prefer to be told accurate information. Brownells would have had the order to me by now as they have already delivered 2 and I ordered abut the same time.
Old 04-09-2019, 1:13 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Botach is in Las Vegas
Hmm, shows how long it's been since I've ordered from them!

But what I said still stands about them not having stock on-hand. They order stuff from suppliers and then re-ship out to buyers after a delay, or they will drop-ship stuff to your address from a third party.

And not just for Botach, but a lot of online retailers have had delays because their shippers like fedex, ups & usps have been overwhelmed by the exponential increase in orders to deliver.
Old 04-09-2019, 1:20 PM

I am actually pretty happy they allowed us to shop from their distribution inventory. I was able to order some things that I wouldn't have been able to get any where else. I just received one order that I placed an hour before the deadline. I have two other orders awaiting shipment. Unless they later cancel those orders I am pretty happy with them.
Old 04-09-2019, 1:26 PM

They did everyone a favor selling to us even though it was legal for that week. They got slammed like most retailers. Why complain about it. I'm sure business went up a huge margin for them. Seriously people need to relax.
Old 04-09-2019, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock17_1986 View Post
They did everyone a favor selling to us even though it was legal for that week. They got slammed like most retailers. Why complain about it. I'm sure business went up a huge margin for them. Seriously people need to relax.
They did us a favor? Because they followed the law and made a boatload of money?

It was mutual transaction and the rules of commerce don't take a backseat because you think they're "doing us a favor" that's bull****.

We needed mags and they need money, win win for both. Also like i said it's not the end of the world, i like botach, just wish they would have done a better job keeping everything transparent.
Old 04-09-2019, 2:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Botach joined the Magapalooza early. I placed an order with them on Sunday morning. The merchandise was in my hands on Saturday - except one item which was not included in the shipment - no packing sheet, no explanation.

Finally I got a reply from someone at cs@botach.com today, explaining that the one item was on back order and would ship out when it arrived.

I'm satisfied with the explanation and as it's not something urgently needed, I don't have a problem with waiting for it to arrive.

Keep in mind, ships are used to the tides coming and going, but virtually none of them are prepared to deal with a tsunami. Botach may be set up for regular business but expecting those systems to react the same under the tsunami of orders of Magazpalooza isn't really fair to them. They kind of went out on a limb for us while others were still holding back being cautious. It's fair that we cut them a little slack instead of lumping them in with the big boys like Brownells. At least in my case, they are honoring the sale.
Old 04-09-2019, 3:08 PM
Veteran Member

Bought a $300 watch from Botach, came dead on arrival, sent it back for exchange and the new one was also dead and in used condition. Glad I didn't order any mags from them.
Old 04-09-2019, 3:48 PM

I got my first botach delivery on 4/3. 2nd shipment has been in preshipment with a tracking number since Friday.
Old 04-09-2019, 4:49 PM

I have known not to order anything from this company for a while due to all the crazy bad reviews.

But lately I noticed the reviews have been better.
Plus a friend here just ordered from them and everything went fine.

So on the 1st I decided what the hell and put an order in.

Stuff shipped(according to tracking)on the 2nd-finally arrived today-the 9th.

So ...seven days to get from Friggin Vegas to Southern California.
Amazing.

But you know what -not complaining...it showed up.
In one piece.

I wasn’t really stressing. Well if It didn’t show up today I might have stressed a bit.

They used smart post -that was the problem.
Fed ex hands off to USPS. Lame.

Conversely, made an order with DSA in Illinois on evening of April 4.

Tracking says shipped on the fifth -Regular old USPS.

Three days travel time to Socal. It showed up yesterday.

Yes -beat the Botach package by one day traveling across a large section of the whole country LOL

What I order from Botach again?

Yup.

Sure really good pricing too.

I think I would make sure smart post is not used though.
Old 04-09-2019, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters14 View Post
I ordered from Botach on the 3rd and still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. I went through their route by leaving a voicemail, and doing their text chat and they still haven't gotten back to me.

I get that they're swamped, but i'm starting to get frustrated that I can't even get a simple email or chat response.

Update:

Got ahold of them and it looks like they sold stock they didn't have and are waiting on a shipment to fulfill my order. Definitely annoyed, considering PSA will have shipped and delivered before these guys and PSA is SLOOOOOOOW.
When you go on your Botach account, does it indicate that it is "awaiting processing"? My order from 3/30 is still "awaiting processing." There was also a charge on my CC from Botach which has since been removed. I contacted them yesterday and the CS rep stated that Botach doesn't charge your CC until your order ships.
Old 04-09-2019, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus28 View Post
When you go on your Botach account, does it indicate that it is "awaiting processing"? My order from 3/30 is still "awaiting processing." There was also a charge on my CC from Botach which has since been removed. I contacted them yesterday and the CS rep stated that Botach doesn't charge your CC until your order ships.
It says "ready" and they did charge my CC. I assume because 3/4 of the order is ready, just waiting for the back ordered items.
Old 04-09-2019, 7:24 PM

Not sure if they completely moved to LV. I was hesitant but I ordered on the 4th (they charged me sales tax). And it shipped on the 5th from the Compton post office. Got it yesterday.
Old 04-09-2019, 8:35 PM

An order you recently placed on our website has had its status changed.

The status of order #XXXXXXXXX is now*Shipped

Order Details

Order Total:$110.20 USD
Date Placed:5th Apr 2019
Payment Method:Credit Card

Magpul MAG556MCT PMAG Gen 3 Coyote Magazines w/Window 6/Pack
Magpul-MAG556MCT6P

I ordered ON FRIDAY and they also included a tracking number with this email I received today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2019, 8:51 PM

good companies dont carry much inventory. a small safety stock that can handle small blips of demand not forecasted. in this particualar case a demand of millions of magazines was created in a small amount of time. so these companies are ordering from their suppliers, who in turn are ordering from their suppliers down to possibly similar manufacturing sources in the supply chain. those manufacturing sources have to order excess raw materials and so on down the chain. it will take a long while before all the orders are fulfilled. so just be patient and we will all get ours.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:49 PM

I ordered a few things from Botach late on Friday. I got a tracking number by end of day Friday. FedEx just now (last 20 minutes) scanned the box for the first time in Henderson NV. Delivery is scheduled for Thursday.. Whew. Now I need Brownells to get a couple things in stock...
Old 04-09-2019, 11:24 PM

I placed two orders with Botach, one on Thursday and another on Friday. I was worried because I haven't received any notifications from them except the transaction receipts sent by email, but today I logged in to my account and the Friday order was shipped out today and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. They did not send me an email with shipping confirmation. My Thursday order is still "awaiting processing".

If you're concerned about your order from Botach, I suggest logging in to your account (if you created one) and checking the status there.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters14 View Post
It's not the end of the world but I prefer to be told accurate information. Brownells would have had the order to me by now as they have already delivered 2 and I ordered abut the same time.
My Brownells order was made a day before my Botach order. Brownells is still in transit...Botach got here last Thursday. They all have good days and bad days.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comblock View Post
good companies dont carry much inventory. a small safety stock that can handle small blips of demand not forecasted. in this particualar case a demand of millions of magazines was created in a small amount of time. so these companies are ordering from their suppliers, who in turn are ordering from their suppliers down to possibly similar manufacturing sources in the supply chain. those manufacturing sources have to order excess raw materials and so on down the chain. it will take a long while before all the orders are fulfilled. so just be patient and we will all get ours.
Good companies let you know the product you are buying is out of stock, and give you the option to purchase on back-order if you don't mind waiting for the resupply. It is dishonest for a company like Botach to imply they have their products in stock and allow you to purchase but then stay completely silent about lengthy waits and delays, just to entrap you as a customer and prevent you from buying from a competitor that can deliver you the product in a more timely manner.
Old 04-10-2019, 2:35 AM
Banned

Did not hear about my botach order until Tuesday afternoon saying my order was here. Checked mail and sure enough it was there . No tracking no updates just an alert saying it was here

Last edited by Brandonpitudo; 04-10-2019 at 8:35 AM..
Old 04-10-2019, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSideburns View Post
Good companies let you know the product you are buying is out of stock, and give you the option to purchase on back-order if you don't mind waiting for the resupply. It is dishonest for a company like Botach to imply they have their products in stock and allow you to purchase but then stay completely silent about lengthy waits and delays, just to entrap you as a customer and prevent you from buying from a competitor that can deliver you the product in a more timely manner.
agreed. if the company is using some sort of erp AND their data is accurate then when an order is placed, at that point they would know if their is availability or not. then they would notify the customer of the status or present a new delivery date
Old 04-10-2019, 6:36 AM
Banned

Ordered on Friday afternoon, emailed update on Monday, arrived at my door yesterday.
Old 04-10-2019, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSideburns View Post
I agree. PSA and brownells had plenty of stock and when you're fighting against a clock, time is of the essence.

It's now been a whole week and my order still hasn't shipped.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2019, 8:00 AM
Veteran Member

Botach and Brownells are the last two i'm waiting on. I'm so paranoid about porch pirates I've driven back home during lunch the last two days just to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!
Old 04-10-2019, 8:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman00 View Post
Botach and Brownells are the last two i'm waiting on. I'm so paranoid about porch pirates I've driven back home during lunch the last two days just to check.
Leave a sticky note for ups or USPS to throw packages over your fence.
Old 04-10-2019, 8:44 AM

Tracking for me says Monday the 15th, but looking at the packages location tells me it should be here sooner.

The whole experience reminds me of way back when, when I got my COE and had an SKS delivered to my door.

As a side note, I was in Tucson yesterday and while driving between sites I must have heard dozens of radio ads for gun stores and their specials - freedom is sooooooo good.

California just sucks.

Old 04-10-2019, 8:46 AM

It's very interesting regarding the mags. I'm thinking it must be stock related. I ordered something from Botach (not a mag) last Monday evening (April 8) and it shipped the next morning.
Old 04-10-2019, 9:06 AM

I have an order that shows shipped and the tracking number provided on 4/1, still shows preshipment on the usps tracker.
I guess based on the previous posts here, they don’t have the stock on hand. Kinda dodgy practice though to declare it as shipped when in fact usps didn’t even get the package
Old 04-10-2019, 9:18 AM
Uhaul Enthusiast
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by miuk View Post
I have an order that shows shipped and the tracking number provided on 4/1, still shows preshipment on the usps tracker.
I guess based on the previous posts here, they don’t have the stock on hand. Kinda dodgy practice though to declare it as shipped when in fact usps didn’t even get the package
On the contrary, I had my order from Botach stick in pre-shipment. It was delivered two days ago. Tracking still says pre-shipment.
Old 04-10-2019, 9:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44.shooter.lb View Post
The whole experience reminds me of way back when, when I got my COE and had an SKS delivered to my door.

freedom is sooooooo good.

California just sucks.
Yeah. I remember getting SKS, Mosin, Mausers delivered on the same day back when the C&R did more here. Rifles used to just sit there outside waiting for me to get home.

A few days later 1800 rounds of 8mm in two boxes from Century. UPS didn't like me.

Hopefully we'll see more freedom here in the future. You never know... the left should just keep getting dumber and keep eating itself.
Old 04-10-2019, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Yeah. I remember getting SKS, Mosin, Mausers delivered on the same day back when the C&R did more here. Rifles used to just sit there outside waiting for me to get home.

A few days later 1800 rounds of 8mm in two boxes from Century. UPS didn't like me.

Hopefully we'll see more freedom here in the future. You never know... the left should just keep getting dumber and keep eating itself.
Yeah, who knew at one point we'd be saying "remember back when you could buy all the ammo you wanted online and just have it delivered?"

It's always so tough for me travelling to Tucson for work, California is sad.

Old 04-10-2019, 9:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrChuch View Post
On the contrary, I had my order from Botach stick in pre-shipment. It was delivered two days ago. Tracking still says pre-shipment.
I guess there's Hope for my original first few orders......
I'll give it one more week before I start making a fuss with them.