Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 07-23-2021, 8:27 PM
Banned

Default Just purchased an Athlon Argos 6x24x50 BTR.

Folks,

Have just purchased an Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6x24x50, great reviews but we will see. Any comments? A2
Old 07-24-2021, 9:21 AM
Calguns Addict

I don't own one, but here's more info about Athlon. Article makes some points worth reading.
https://riflescope-review.com/where-...-manufactured/

Quote:
*Athlon Neos scopes – Made in China to Athlon specifications.
*Athlon Talos and Talos BTR scopes – Made in China to Athlon specifications.
*Athlon Argos BTR and Helos BTR scopes – Made in China to Athlon specifications.
*Athlon Midas BTR, Midas HMR, Midas TAC scopes – Also made in China to Athlon’s specific specifications.
*Athlon Ares BTR and Ares ETR scopes – Made in China as well to Athlon’s specifications.
*Athlon Cronus BTR scope – This model is currently Athlon’s top of the line scope and is made in Japan to Athlon specifications.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 07-25-2021, 6:53 AM

I have their Midas 5x25 (6x24, I forget) and its good glass, reticle and overall scope. True zero stop is nice.
Old 07-25-2021, 7:06 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

i have not looked through one, but for the money they are hard to beat based on what people say on other forums for long range shooting.
Old 07-25-2021, 2:52 PM

Should be good to go. I have a couple of Athlons, including a Midas Tac which is a solid performer...no complaints.
Old 07-25-2021, 4:17 PM

I got 3 of them when they were still new and gen 1. Great for the price and features for the times. I think they are still great Scopes today but there are probably competition now. Over 20x glass gets less clear. Turrets from gen 1 are not great. If you have a gen 2, might be better turrets. Cost me about 300 each when new.
Old 07-25-2021, 4:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCM16A2 View Post
Folks,

Have just purchased an Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6x24x50, great reviews but we will see. Any comments? A2
I actually have two of that exact optic, bought one brand new for a rifle I was gonna buy. But ended up buying the rifle gently used with a Vortex viper PST on it. Ended up buying another used rifle that came with the Athlon, but went another direction with it not using that optic.

Ended up replacing a 4x14x44 I had on a Howa with the used Athlon and have put close to 100 rounds with it. For the cost decent glass, holds zero on my 308 and functions well. You could do far worse, by the way I have a Athlon Talos BTR 4x14 on a Ruger precision rimfire that I love and I still have that new Argos sitting in its box, never used it.