Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 01-16-2021, 5:12 PM

Default RTIC hard cases, are they GTG?

I've been looking at the case offerings from RTIC 43" hard case in comparison to the Pelican 1720. Anyone have experience or better, pictures of a layout with this case?

https://rticoutdoors.com/Hard-Cases?...in&color=Black

Seems to be a close match in dimensions, though I have some concerns that the wheel wells cut into the case too much, making it harder to store more than one rifle. I was hoping to fit one full size carbine plus an AR pistol.

Last edited by Caligula36; 01-16-2021 at 5:16 PM..
Old 01-16-2021, 5:51 PM

I have 3 of them. LOVE them. I even went back and bought several pistol cases.
Old 01-16-2021, 5:53 PM

ETA. I have had at least 2 rifles in each and if taken apart, fit 3. This includes one or two with optics. Literally some of the best cases I have owned.
Old 01-16-2021, 5:58 PM

Edited again. I may have the 53”. They are FDE. Shoot me a PM with a cell/email and I’ll shoot you some pics. I’m in FL now so a little late to go digging tonight, but I can hook you up tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2021, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livetoride33 View Post
Edited again. I may have the 53”. They are FDE. Shoot me a PM with a cell/email and I’ll shoot you some pics. I’m in FL now so a little late to go digging tonight, but I can hook you up tomorrow.
Yea, the 53" would be no problem, probably same space as a Pelican 1750. I do like the larger wheels on them, but it appears that it does cut into the interior space as a result.

On yours, did you cut the foam out just as you would with a pelican?

I'm looking at a used 43", thinking if I can squeeze two in.
Old 01-16-2021, 6:32 PM

I didn’t cut any foam, but IIRC there is foam glued to each side of the case and 2 layers of foam that are loose. I pulled 1 layer out then just forced it. I’ll drag one of them out tomorrow and measure for you.

The more I think about it the more I’m confident they are all 53” but I will verify tomorrow. A carbine and pistol should still work but hit me up with what you want me to try. I regret not buying more of them.