Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1121  
Old 07-19-2019, 4:59 PM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
A CCW here is a "unicorn".
Yup, I spoke w/a Calgunner who got a CCW middle of last year. I applied earlier and just got a nice letter in the mail today. No soup for you!

Well, that pissed away over $100. Oh well. I tried.

For those of you playing along at home, here's a readers digest version:
Application mailed in the first week of April.
I got the letter back on 4/6 for the Live Scan.
Live Scan on 4/18.
The interview was 6/5.
I just got my denial letter today, 7/19 or about 3 months from the date of the Live Scan.

If you want a CCW, I DO suggest you try. They ARE approving them, just not to too many people. You'll never know until you do.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #1122  
Old 07-19-2019, 8:41 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 9,940
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Yup, I spoke w/a Calgunner who got a CCW middle of last year. ...

If you want a CCW, I DO suggest you try. They ARE approving them, just not to too many people. You'll never know until you do.
Yeah, think of all the fast food franchise owners/managers in all of CoCoCo, of all the sandwich shop owners/managers, of all the little shop owners, restaurant owners/managers, gas station owners/managers, jewelry shop owners/managers, the list goes on and on of people who's jobs require them to make regular deposits in cash, often after dark/business hours. Add to that all of the female RE agents and women (and some men) who've got restraining orders against crazy exs who've tried attacking them.... There are TONS of people in CoCoCo would have a solid chance of getting a CCW if they applied.
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 09-16-2019 at 8:15 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1123  
Old 07-20-2019, 7:05 AM
Go Navy's Avatar
Go Navy Go Navy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,967
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I applied, got turned down, and kept all the paperwork. If someone ever starts a class action against this County on 2A rights, I'll be one of the class plaintiffs.
__________________
USN Veteran, Gun Owners of Calif. Member, NRA Life Member

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Reply With Quote
  #1124  
Old 10-04-2019, 8:33 PM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Yeah, think of all the fast food franchise owners/managers in all of CoCoCo, of all the sandwich shop owners/managers, of all the little shop owners, restaurant owners/managers, gas station owners/managers, jewelry shop owners/managers, the list goes on and on of people who's jobs require them to make regular deposits in cash, often after dark/business hours. Add to that all of the female RE agents and women (and some men) who've got restraining orders against crazy exs who've tried attacking them.... There are TONS of people in CoCoCo would have a solid chance of getting a CCW if they applied.
This hit the news just recently. Listen to her screams. Just horrifying.

https://www.kron4.com/news/californi...at-open-house/

"A terrifying attack caught on camera.

A realtor who asked not to be shown on camera was showing a home in Encino on Sunday when she was attacked and her leg battered.

“I think he would’ve raped me, that’s number one, and he would have killed me,” the realtor said.

The realtor said his name was Tom and she got a funny feeling before the attack and move their conversation to the porch, hoping he would leave, but he kept asking questions.

“He said well can I show you the closet? I said no I’m gonna stand out here. So he said can I have water? I said the fridge is right there in the kitchen, you can walk, open the fridge. And he said can I use the bathroom? I said no the owner doesn’t allow anyone to use the bathroom,” she said.

You can hear them talk on the porch and then the man even looks at the camera twice and takes off his hat.

You can clearly see the man’s bald head and face.

The realtor says when he pushed her, he grabbed her chest and she thought he was trying to grab her necklace, but then he took off.

She thinks screaming saved her life.

“I said no matter what I’m just gonna keep screaming until I get help.”

This isn’t the first time she’s seen this man.

She says this guy came to her open house on a bike last week and her gut told her something was strange.

That’s why this weekend she had a friend stay with her at the open house on Sunday for most of the day, but when her friend left, she says Tom showed up.

“I was so lucky, I had a feeling from day one that this person gonna hurt me.”

The realtor says she thinks her attacker may have had a partner.

She saw another man walk by before the attack whom she recognized from the open house the previous week.

Police are investigating but so far they haven’t arrested anyone."


Be safe all.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #1125  
Old 11-24-2019, 9:40 AM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Went out Friday night to a nice Italian dinner in downtown Concord. Crazies driving from the time we left the house! All down Willow Pass Road too. Almost turned around and went home. By the time we left, there were at least 3-4 squad cars on the street in front of the restaurant. As we walked to our car, we saw several others. Quite a few police out in the streets actively looking for somebody. On the way back home we saw about another 10 or so police cars parked right by the Wells Fargo with a couple of guys in cuffs sitting on the curb.

Sure, no need for a CCW here in this wonderfully safe community. Ugh.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #1126  
Old 12-05-2019, 4:31 PM
peregrine312 peregrine312 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

For anyone considering applying for a CCW in Contra Costa, I obtained some updated information from public records.

In Contra Costa, for 2019, there are currently 360 active CCW carriers (excluding judges, peace officers). So since Paladin’s post in 2018, a total of 23 new CCW applicants have been approved.

In 2018, a total of 72 applicants were denied a CCW permit.

In 2019, a total of 56 applicants were denied.

Therefore, of the 151 people that applied, and 15% of the CCW applicants were approved.

Contra Costa has a population of approximately 1 million.
Reply With Quote
  #1127  
Old 12-06-2019, 10:21 AM
Go Navy's Avatar
Go Navy Go Navy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,967
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine312 View Post
For anyone considering applying for a CCW in Contra Costa, I obtained some updated information from public records.

In Contra Costa, for 2019, there are currently 360 active CCW carriers (excluding judges, peace officers). So since Paladin’s post in 2018, a total of 23 new CCW applicants have been approved.

In 2018, a total of 72 applicants were denied a CCW permit.

In 2019, a total of 56 applicants were denied.

Therefore, of the 151 people that applied, and 15% of the CCW applicants were approved.

Contra Costa has a population of approximately 1 million.
This is an absolute travesty and violation of the Bill of Rights and our freedom. As one who applied and was denied based on nothing other than I apparently didn't demonstrate sufficient "need" as decreed by the Sheriff's Dept., I join with others whose Constitutional right has been summarily denied with no realistic appeals whatever.

Until a class action is brought somewhere (and if here, I'll join in the class, because I've kept all my documentation), and fought all the way through the appellate process, we citizens are being abused.

Keep an eye on the NYC case now before SCOTUS, although it has nothing to do with carry permits.

We should not even have to apply for a right to carry.
__________________
USN Veteran, Gun Owners of Calif. Member, NRA Life Member

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Reply With Quote
  #1128  
Old 12-06-2019, 12:29 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Mojave Desert
Posts: 430
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Keep trying
Reply With Quote
  #1129  
Old 12-07-2019, 8:55 PM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
This is an absolute travesty and violation of the Bill of Rights and our freedom. As one who applied and was denied based on nothing other than I apparently didn't demonstrate sufficient "need" as decreed by the Sheriff's Dept., I join with others whose Constitutional right has been summarily denied with no realistic appeals whatever.

Until a class action is brought somewhere (and if here, I'll join in the class, because I've kept all my documentation), and fought all the way through the appellate process, we citizens are being abused.

Keep an eye on the NYC case now before SCOTUS, although it has nothing to do with carry permits.

We should not even have to apply for a right to carry.
^^^Yup. I don't know how many others have applied or how recently, but I applied earlier this year and got turned down. I was hoping that maybe, just perhaps the Sheriff was starting to loosen up just a hair.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #1130  
Old 12-07-2019, 9:09 PM
jessdigs's Avatar
jessdigs jessdigs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Somerset ca
Posts: 414
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

I got denied too, in 2011. When I moved to El Dorado, it took 11 months, but I was approved and used self defense as good cause.
If you can't move that far, maybe consider Solano county. Benecia, Cordelia, Fairfield, susuin. All right there and they issue. If you own, it's tough, if you rent..... Make it happen.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #1131  
Old 12-08-2019, 3:56 PM
peregrine312 peregrine312 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
This is an absolute travesty and violation of the Bill of Rights and our freedom. As one who applied and was denied based on nothing other than I apparently didn't demonstrate sufficient "need" as decreed by the Sheriff's Dept., I join with others whose Constitutional right has been summarily denied with no realistic appeals whatever.

Until a class action is brought somewhere (and if here, I'll join in the class, because I've kept all my documentation), and fought all the way through the appellate process, we citizens are being abused.

Keep an eye on the NYC case now before SCOTUS, although it has nothing to do with carry permits.

We should not even have to apply for a right to carry.
Yes, I saw the denials in this thread, which prompted me to ask Public Records for “good cause” statements only, no names or other private information (and was denied - person I was eventually referred to cited Gov. Code §6255, that me knowing violated public safety). I was forced to amend my request for the latter information in my previous post.

I think it should be completely transparent what qualifies an applicant for ‘Good Cause’ prior to paying the $129 application fee, to ensure the public knows there is no corruption in the CCW issuing process.

Paladin referred me to a court case, CBS, Inc. v. Block - https://scocal.stanford.edu/opinion/...-v-block-28477 that may help release ‘Good Cause’ statements specifically, but I need time to review it. However, if anyone wants to inquire as well, I started my inquiries by emailing the CCW coordinator at bottom of the page at http://www.cocosheriff.org/howdoi/ccw_permit.htm and was referred to public records, who were both very courteous to me.

Perhaps if more people inquire, we’ll be more knowledgeable in what precisely entails ‘Good Cause’ and get more CCWs out there. It doesn’t cost anything, and it was all done through emails.

Peace
Reply With Quote
  #1132  
Old 01-06-2020, 4:19 PM
peregrine312 peregrine312 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Wanted to share this, a Baypoint shooting happened about two weeks ago, and is covered in the Active Self Protection youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/B91Qh1FcI9U

Due to not having a CCW permit, and not having a firearm on his person, the encounter nearly cost the clerk his life.

Last edited by peregrine312; 01-06-2020 at 4:23 PM.. Reason: Spelling, grammar
Reply With Quote
  #1133  
Old 01-06-2020, 5:04 PM
vandal vandal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Walnut Creek
Posts: 2,451
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Sweet I sent that to him. But I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Reply With Quote
  #1134  
Old 01-06-2020, 5:06 PM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine312 View Post
Wanted to share this, a Baypoint shooting happened about two weeks ago, and is covered in the Active Self Protection youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/B91Qh1FcI9U

Due to not having a CCW permit, and not having a firearm on his person, the encounter nearly cost the clerk his life.
In 100% agreement!
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #1135  
Old 01-06-2020, 11:45 PM
scbauer's Avatar
scbauer scbauer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 1,075
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
Sweet I sent that to him. But I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Sent what to who?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1136  
Old 01-07-2020, 4:59 AM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbauer View Post
Sent what to who?


I think he meant that he sent the video/news article to John at ASP.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #1137  
Old 01-07-2020, 8:16 AM
peregrine312 peregrine312 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
Sweet I sent that to him. But I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Nice! People in the area need to remember Pittsburg/Baypoint/Antioch is not the safest place to live, despite how much nicer some areas look due to renovation.
Reply With Quote
  #1138  
Old 01-19-2020, 8:35 PM
thebronze's Avatar
thebronze thebronze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sack of Tomatoes
Posts: 938
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine312 View Post
Wanted to share this, a Baypoint shooting happened about two weeks ago, and is covered in the Active Self Protection youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/B91Qh1FcI9U

Due to not having a CCW permit, and not having a firearm on his person, the encounter nearly cost the clerk his life.

A CCW isn't required for someone to carry concealed in a private business.

If he was the owner, he didn't need to do anything to CC. If he was an employee, he only needed the owner's permission.
__________________
Retired Mil & former Cop

Semper Fi!

Reply With Quote
  #1139  
Old 01-19-2020, 8:46 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cottage Grove, OR
Posts: 40,184
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
A CCW isn't required for someone to carry concealed in a private business.

If he was the owner, he didn't need to do anything to CC. If he was an employee, he only needed the owner's permission.
That needs some refinement.

See the wiki article, http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...oncealed_Carry

Employees without CCW may have access to a firearm, with the business owner's permission. They may not carry in any publically-accessible part of the business.

For some gun stores, it seems that some local PD allow different behavior from what is strictly legal.
__________________
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.


Gregg Easterbrook’s “Law of Doomsaying”: Predict catastrophe no later than ten years hence but no sooner than five years away — soon enough to terrify people but distant enough that they will not remember that you were wrong.


Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.


Reply With Quote
  #1140  
Old 01-25-2020, 4:31 AM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
That needs some refinement.



See the wiki article, http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...oncealed_Carry



Employees without CCW may have access to a firearm, with the business owner's permission. They may not carry in any publically-accessible part of the business.



For some gun stores, it seems that some local PD allow different behavior from what is strictly legal.


Beg to differ with you there. What needs refinement is CoCo County’s CCW policy of practically no-issue!
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #1141  
Old 04-01-2020, 8:35 AM
Casoobaru Casoobaru is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

What a shame. Look at all the increased home invasions at least in my frequent areas over the last 2+ years.

I wish the Sheriff had the courage to step up.
Reply With Quote
  #1142  
Old 04-01-2020, 9:31 AM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 9,940
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casoobaru View Post
What a shame. Look at all the increased home invasions at least in my frequent areas over the last 2+ years.

I wish the Sheriff had the courage to step up.
They'll tell you you don't need a CCW to carry inside your home. Of course, that's of no help if you come home unarmed to a burglary in progress.

If you want to see if you have a solid chance of getting issued in CoCoCo, read my posts in: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 04-01-2020 at 9:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1143  
Old 04-14-2020, 6:38 PM
Casoobaru Casoobaru is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

...
Reply With Quote
  #1144  
Old 04-30-2020, 5:07 PM
Sppotlight Sppotlight is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: East Bay
Posts: 21
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

There was a home invasion around the block from me earlier this week, in the middle of the afternoon. Luckily they ran and nobody got hurt. But criminals are getting bolder now that the police are not making stops or responding to most calls. I've started carrying at home, I never felt the need to before this month. The pandemic really made clear that when the chips are down, the only person you can rely on for your family's safety is yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #1145  
Old 04-30-2020, 7:57 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 9,940
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sppotlight View Post
There was a home invasion around the block from me earlier this week, in the middle of the afternoon. Luckily they ran and nobody got hurt.
How many BGs? men/women? approx age? race?

Was there a getaway car? If not, how far away was the crime scene from the nearest BART/bus stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sppotlight View Post
But criminals are getting bolder now that the police are not making stops or responding to most calls. I've started carrying at home, I never felt the need to before this month. The pandemic really made clear that when the chips are down, the only person you can rely on for your family's safety is yourself.
Not only that, LE is emptying their jailbirds onto the streets. Contact the sheriffs' office and leave the sheriff a message saying you want him to liberalize CCW issuance.
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #1146  
Old 04-30-2020, 8:19 PM
vandal vandal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Walnut Creek
Posts: 2,451
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

If this is the same one that happened April 29 on my street, it wasn’t quite a home invasion but the post on Nextdoor was titled that way. The homeowner scared off three masked (although everyone is masked these days) Individuals from his back sliding door. He described them as black.

I think I actually drove past their car while it was going on and gave a description of the vehicle to police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
How many BGs? men/women? approx age? race?

Was there a getaway car? If not, how far away was the crime scene from the nearest BART/bus stop?


Not only that, LE is emptying their jailbirds onto the streets. Contact the sheriffs' office and leave the sheriff a message saying you want him to liberalize CCW issuance.
Reply With Quote
  #1147  
Old 05-02-2020, 11:03 PM
Lemonhead965 Lemonhead965 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
How many BGs? men/women? approx age? race?

Was there a getaway car? If not, how far away was the crime scene from the nearest BART/bus stop?


Not only that, LE is emptying their jailbirds onto the streets. Contact the sheriffs' office and leave the sheriff a message saying you want him to liberalize CCW issuance.

Pleasant Hill
Reply With Quote
  #1148  
Old 05-04-2020, 5:59 PM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead965 View Post
Pleasant Hill

PH? Just awesome. Mom lives there as do several close friends. I’m just over the hill in Martinez.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #1149  
Old 05-07-2020, 9:14 AM
Sppotlight Sppotlight is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: East Bay
Posts: 21
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
If this is the same one that happened April 29 on my street, it wasn’t quite a home invasion but the post on Nextdoor was titled that way. The homeowner scared off three masked (although everyone is masked these days) Individuals from his back sliding door. He described them as black.

I think I actually drove past their car while it was going on and gave a description of the vehicle to police.
Yes, perhaps a more accurate description would be attempted home invasion. Regardless, if some nefarious individuals tried to get into my house, I'd rather yell "Go away or I will shoot!" than "Oh my God honey get the baby and hide in the bathroom!"
Reply With Quote
  #1150  
Old 05-24-2020, 3:24 PM
vandal vandal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Walnut Creek
Posts: 2,451
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

There are currently more people with CCW in Contra Costa than people with COVID-19. Food for thought.
Reply With Quote
  #1151  
Old 05-24-2020, 9:28 PM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
There are currently more people with CCW in Contra Costa than people with COVID-19. Food for thought.

Cococo has a population of 1.154 million with 1,321 infected and 36 deaths due to the ‘Rona. As of 2/2017, there were 317 approved CCW holders.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #1152  
Old 05-24-2020, 9:54 PM
vandal vandal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Walnut Creek
Posts: 2,451
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default Contra Costa

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Cococo has a population of 1.154 million with 1,321 infected and 36 deaths due to the ‘Rona. As of 2/2017, there were 317 approved CCW holders.
I know our minds are drawn to the bigger number.

Only 200 active COVID cases. The other 1100 recovered.


http://claycord.com/2020/05/24/daily...084-recovered/

Last edited by vandal; 05-24-2020 at 10:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1153  
Old 06-15-2020, 10:43 PM
Maaster Maaster is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Walnut Creek
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

If one successfully gets a CoCoCo CCW, and that person wants to add a second firearm to the permit, do they just submit the application again with the new firearm serial #? Just planning.
Reply With Quote
  #1154  
Old 06-15-2020, 11:18 PM
nszzya nszzya is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 210
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaster View Post
If one successfully gets a CoCoCo CCW, and that person wants to add a second firearm to the permit, do they just submit the application again with the new firearm serial #? Just planning.
No. If you are not adding the second firearm at the time of ccw renewal, you have to provide the firearm information to the sheriff’s office and schedule a range qualification during one of the Saturday class days. You don’t have to sit through the lecture again. $35 as of March.

If you add the firearm during renewal, you must shoot the qualification with both firearms.
Reply With Quote
  #1155  
Old 06-24-2020, 9:33 AM
Casoobaru Casoobaru is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Is there any chance the Sheriff will find a backbone and start to issue some CCW's?

I'd really like to hear Paladin's thoughts on the whole NBC Santa Clara CCW corruption thing, maybe some other counties will start to issue more since the spotlight is on them?
Reply With Quote
  #1156  
Old 06-24-2020, 10:33 AM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 9,940
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casoobaru View Post
Is there any chance the Sheriff will find a backbone and start to issue some CCW's?
The Sheriff does issue, but only if you have what we call Yellow or, preferably, Light Red criteria. See post #31 at: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1482924 If you think you can pass Yellow, Light Red or Dark Red and want to try, read ALL my posts in that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casoobaru View Post
I'd really like to hear Paladin's thoughts on the whole NBC Santa Clara CCW corruption thing, maybe some other counties will start to issue more since the spotlight is on them?
If that was the 11 pm investigation report of about a week ago, it was nothing new to those of us watching that investigation unfold. If it was some new news report, please link.

re. other counties liberalizing out of fear of similar investigations: No, her problem was, it sounds like, she did not issue consistently with her own restrictive policy. AFAIK, Ahern in Ala Co, for example, is consistent with his policy even though it is very restrictive: Light Red, maybe even Dark Red. Dittos with SF and Marin.
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #1157  
Old 06-24-2020, 10:56 AM
Casoobaru Casoobaru is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
The Sheriff does issue, but only if you have what we call Yellow or, preferably, Light Red criteria. See post #31 at: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1482924 If you think you can pass Yellow, Light Red or Dark Red and want to try, read ALL my posts in that thread.


If that was the 11 pm investigation report of about a week ago, it was nothing new to those of us watching that investigation unfold. If it was some new news report, please link.

re. other counties liberalizing out of fear of similar investigations: No, her problem was, it sounds like, she did not issue consistently with her own restrictive policy. AFAIK, Ahern in Ala Co, for example, is consistent with his policy even though it is very restrictive: Light Red, maybe even Dark Red. Dittos with SF and Marin.
I guess i had a hope as this blatant corruption comes to light to the public more, maybe it would pressure people in charge e.f Sheriff's to do the right thing, even if only out of fear of not being on the wrong side of things.

Same report, the one where donors were 14 times more likely to get a permit and made up like 80 percent or something.
Reply With Quote
  #1158  
Old 06-29-2020, 8:53 PM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

I got turned down over a year ago. Imagine my surprise when I get a call from the CCW coordinator!!! Yes haw!!!

She dialed the wrong number. Man!!!! Oh well.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #1159  
Old 06-29-2020, 9:11 PM
vandal vandal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Walnut Creek
Posts: 2,451
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default



That's brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
I got turned down over a year ago. Imagine my surprise when I get a call from the CCW coordinator!!! Yes haw!!!

She dialed the wrong number. Man!!!! Oh well.
Reply With Quote
  #1160  
Old 06-30-2020, 5:45 AM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post


That's brutal.

I know right?

Well, to whomever she was calling, hope he gets it!
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:59 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical