Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 06-29-2020, 2:34 PM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
It should be very simple in that a man's word sealing a deal is his bond and standing among men. if a man's word is no good then you can have no trust among traders and that man should be shunned. I might sell a thousand dollar gun for a hundred dollars and find out later what the true worth is. If i make a deal to sell the gun I am obligated as a fair and honest man to complete the deal if the other side keeps it's end of the bargain. It is my lesson in life to learn not the buyers. Out this person and send him on to a less reputable site. we do not need them here.

I agree. Doesn't matter about someone's finances. When they make a deal they need to honor it. Or they have no honor and should never to be trusted.
Old 06-29-2020, 2:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
So we get a clog of 100 junk/pointless replies in threads; and that's that. Remember, they are shady people - they don't care to take a few minutes to post a crap-load of one-word or single sentence replies just to get going.

Nope. Those sorts get banned, LONG before they reach 100 posts. And the marketplace.
Old 06-29-2020, 2:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post
Thanks.

I sure hope that you didn't think that I was accusing you of price fixing.
I was not referring to you. Hehe.

I listed on a another post several issues (i did not mention about sellers asking for higher prices) I noticed in the market place and I was accused of trying to fix or control the price of the market place. Hehe so need to be clear this time
Old 06-29-2020, 3:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Was it THIS GUY?
Old 06-29-2020, 4:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Saiga View Post
Was it THIS GUY?
Legend has it, he's NEVER stopped.
Old 06-29-2020, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Old Guy View Post
Noob question? So how does one go about improving their statistics? I joined March of this year, and I am on here every day to look around and learn. I made a purchase from another Calgunner in May, luckily for me, he took a chance on me because I did not have an iTrader score and I still don't because I don't think he left a rating for me.

I've posted several questions and have gotten awesome answers which I am grateful for.

How do I go about improving my scores so that other Calgunners will trust me as a buyer when I want to make another purchase?
My father always told me to trust everyone, until they prove that they should not be trusted.
And yes you will get kicked in the teeth once in a while.
Old 06-29-2020, 4:52 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
I just decided who cares. I've moved on. Karma will get this person. If anybody individually wants his username, I'll send it to them.
I think you should let everyone know who this person is so we can avoid them.

If you really do not want to. Please send the name to me so I can avoid them. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2020, 6:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedski View Post
My father always told me to trust everyone, until they prove that they should not be trusted.
And yes you will get kicked in the teeth once in a while.
teeth are expensive!
Old 06-29-2020, 6:14 PM

I hope you at very least turn it into admin. If he is willing to break forum rules once who knows what else he will do to others. Save us the headache. I would Give him bad feedback also.
Old 06-29-2020, 6:47 PM
Veteran Member

I won't deal with anyone unless they buy me dinner first.
Old 06-29-2020, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk74 View Post
In my humble, Junior member status, of around nine years, I would suggest compassion and consideration.
You have no idea what that person’s financial stability is, and in this current American situation, you have no place to judge it.<snip>
It doesn't matter what his financial situation is. The guy posted a gun for sale at $xxxx. OP and gun seller agree to price of $yyyy(not sure if it was asking price or not) Gun seller then came back in PM and asks for more money.

If he had a financial issue, maybe he should have asked for more than $xxxx or the agreed upon $yyyy.

A complete scumbag move. I've eaten a big doodoo sandwich on more than one occasion due to a type error on an ad. Hopefully karma bites him in the butt.
Old 06-29-2020, 7:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTC-J View Post
It doesn't matter what his financial situation is. The guy posted a gun for sale at $xxxx. OP and gun seller agree to price of $yyyy(not sure if it was asking price or not) Gun seller then came back in PM and asks for more money.

If he had a financial issue, maybe he should have asked for more than $xxxx or the agreed upon $yyyy.

A complete scumbag move. I've eaten a big doodoo sandwich on more than one occasion due to a type error on an ad. Hopefully karma bites him in the butt.
This ^^

No matter what the current situation of the seller is.... if he already have an agreement with a buyer.. he should honor the deal EVEN IF another scumbag offers more money.
Old 06-29-2020, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal326 View Post
Maybe create a questionnaire for anyone you intend to do business with. Ask them to fill it out before you'll start negotiations.

Alternately you can simply realized that buying and selling on the secondary market has some issues. If you don't want to deal with it then buy/sell from a shop.
I've not had any trouble here. But reading the comments I can see where I might in the future. And it would be great to have a way to flag people that don't share my code to avoid any hassles when I read things that are, to me, a red flag.

You're one of the people I would not do business with.
I am not your lawyer. I am not giving you or anyone else who reads my posts legal advice. I am making off-the-cuff comments that may or may not be accurate and are personal, not professional, opinion. If you think you need a lawyer please retain a qualified attorney in your jurisdiction. Your local bar association may be able to help if you need a referral.

Two Weeks!: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...p/t-59936.html
Old 06-29-2020, 9:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by code_blue View Post
I won't deal with anyone unless they buy me dinner first.
Well, with at least 149 dinners you are doing pretty good.
Old 06-29-2020, 9:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
I just decided who cares. I've moved on. Karma will get this person. If anybody individually wants his username, I'll send it to them.
At least tell the mods, why let this individual walk away unscathed?
Old 06-29-2020, 9:52 PM

Yeah, screw him. You say yes to the deal then you go through with it at that price with that buyer. That shows a lack of honor and integrity on the part of the seller.

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich quick theory of life." - Theodore Roosevelt
Old 06-29-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Karma does work, a few years back I lost a sale of an HKP7 because some one offered more money than the seller asked.
Than a few months later someone had an HKP7M8 in super nice shape for a few more dollars, I was able to buy it from a great, honest calgunner.
Since than I have bought Nill grips for it to make it even more memorable.
One of my favorite odd pistols to shoot, Karma will take care of them, trust me!
Old 06-29-2020, 10:58 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

I guess I don't have enough iTrader points to deal with some people.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:23 PM
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor

respect, honor and integrity are what lacking nowadays.
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faterikcartman View Post
...it would be great to have a way to flag people that don't share my code to avoid any hassles when I read things that are, to me, a red flag.
Well maybe we can talk about your criteria. We can scrape their comments like Facebook does. I'll grab key words and phrases and formulate a list of people you'd do business with. Sounds like a fun project.

personally I've never had issues buying or selling here. Never had a problem on craigslist or offer up either. I've never checked trader or post count. Never even considered it. I do my deals face to face and everyone's been great.

Last edited by SoCal326; 06-30-2020 at 12:34 AM..
Old 06-30-2020, 5:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw-g30 View Post
I think board tenure is a better indicator of someone's intentions and reliability. If 180 days was a requirement to post in the marketplace, I might be able to inflate my post count with a few hundred meaningless posts in a few days but it'd be damn hard to push the calendar ahead six months to qualify. If I want a quick score, I'm not waiting around 6 months to get it.
Damn good point.

I have sold to more than a few newbies, never a problem and met some nice folk but they most often fail to leave a positive feedback even when I get them started with positive feedback.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw-g30 View Post
I think board tenure is a better indicator of someone's intentions and reliability. If 180 days was a requirement to post in the marketplace, I might be able to inflate my post count with a few hundred meaningless posts in a few days but it'd be damn hard to push the calendar ahead six months to qualify.
No need to work up a bunch of meaningless posts...go to the "New to Calguns" sticky and start saying welcome to everybody. When they say, "Thanks," respond with, "You're welcome".

Instant validity.