Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2020, 2:04 PM

Default Ever heard of a ""different " kind of Delay

Hey everybody .first time buyer, first time poster here . wondering if I could get some feedback on my ****uation
Ok here we go,
June 7 , started my dros a week after making the actual purchase (appointment) .was told to come back for pick up on June 21st .
June 21st after tbe hour drive arrived only to be told I was on a. Pending status .
June 23rd , waa told that i was put on a delayed status. And that tnis was a "not the normal delayed status " but a different status and that my 30 day time frame was starting from the June 23rd .
So that would put me at a July 23rd default date . thats almost 2 months from the start of my dros .
Does this sound right?
Am I being violated ?
Any feedback would be immensely apprieciated.

Last edited by Deelayed; 06-26-2020 at 2:06 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 2:08 PM

You will receive a letter from the DOJ letting you know why you were delayed. After 30 days if they do not put it as a pass or denied it will go to un determined. It is up to the FFL if they will release on a un determined.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2020, 2:13 PM

Hey thanks for the input . I'm under the impression that my 30 days has been reset . not from june 7th (the original date I started the dros) but now from june 23rd (the date from which my "pending" switched to "delayed " .
Old 06-26-2020, 2:14 PM

30 days from your dros date

Old 06-26-2020, 2:18 PM

Ok . you know with all these hoops the state makes you jump through . its no wonder why the 80% market has exploded . I mean if you only plan on using your firearm for personal protection no one woukd even be the wiser of its exsistence . which totally undermines the supposed purpose of these infringments in the first place .
Old 06-26-2020, 2:27 PM

Thanks for the info . such a. PITA.
Old 06-26-2020, 4:51 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTrav View Post
30 days from your dros date

But there have been reports from the FFLs in the FFL subforum, that DOJ *is* extending the 30 days date, beyond 30 days from the DROS date.

These are strange times, things are different.

Old 06-26-2020, 5:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sounds like when Kameltoe was AG. Pulled this crap all the time. Somebody took it to court, won and she was forced to revert to the actual law. Unfortunately we have another lawless AG. Let the games begin.
CRPA Member

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed"
~ Barry Goldwater 1964
Old 06-28-2020, 5:09 PM

So in the meantime since it went to the delayed status I have not recieved a letter and I was concerned that im going to have to start this b.s. again . also am i correct in saying that even after the 30 days nothing can be done until the ffl gets a letter saying "undetermined" or "approved" .because if it is still "delayed" im in limbo?
Old 06-28-2020, 5:54 PM

People keep playing by losing rules and yet complaining when they lose. Until people keep their own records, ignore a system designed to fail and take your money while it is at it, and you buy and sell among yourselves you are not going to encourage them to clean up their act. when they are sure they have lost control of tracking guns and you have records to submit as to who bought or sold you the gun for court trial the CADOJ are going to leave more and more of you in "delayed without valid legal reasons". they keep the guns out of your hands and get your money as well. What a swell scam.
Old 06-29-2020, 1:31 PM
Veteran Member

Is it possible that your dealer ****ed up the report of sale and that is why the 30 days begins when it does. The date that the FFL finally corrected things?
I never practiced criminal nor firearms law.Do not rely on my post, but consult your own attorney.
Old 06-30-2020, 1:47 AM

I thought about that . i got a copy of the dros whem it was submitted .i got my letter of Delay yestarday (29 th) it was dated for the 23rd . the same day my ffl called me and told me I was delayed . i got about 7 days left . how likely would itbbe if I was approved before the 30 days ? My father said this day would come god rest his soul . he said it would eventually get way worse. I was thinking if the police can run someones record in seconds , why cant the almighty glorious all knowing DOJ use the same tech ? It boggles my mind how any law that is in conflict with a god given right as stated in the constitution ,can be put into effect .
Old 06-30-2020, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
Is it possible that your dealer ****ed up the report of sale and that is why the 30 days begins when it does. The date that the FFL finally corrected things?
My letter says 30 days from the dros day . so maybe there was a misunderstanding . all i know is that criminals dont wait 30 days to do criminal **** . tbey are literally putting lives at potential risk . literally disgusted .
Old 06-30-2020, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelayed View Post
I thought about that . i got a copy of the dros whem it was submitted .i got my letter of Delay yestarday (29 th) it was dated for the 23rd . the same day my ffl called me and told me I was delayed . i got about 7 days left . how likely would itbbe if I was approved before the 30 days ? My father said this day would come god rest his soul . he said it would eventually get way worse. I was thinking if the police can run someones record in seconds , why cant the almighty glorious all knowing DOJ use the same tech ? It boggles my mind how any law that is in conflict with a god given right as stated in the constitution ,can be put into effect .
So then the DOJ letter should have told you why you were delayed. Did this help you understand why you were delayed?

Old 06-30-2020, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTrav View Post
So then the DOJ letter should have told you why you were delayed. Did this help you understand why you were delayed?

It seems to be the same letter that majority of other people have been getting something about the fingerprint and/prohibitive record and the stolen gun thing . it lioks to me like its a generic standard letter that they have been sending to every one in delayed status . OH! And dont forget the push for the live scan at the end .
Dragging it out then squeezing some more time and money from the buyer . .