Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 09-17-2021, 6:38 PM

Default Diana 34 from numrich .177

Just picked this Diana 34 T06 from numrich (gunpartscorp). Arrived double boxed, barrel needed a good cleaning, but happy to report excellent accuracy from this German made 199.99 springer. Shooting the crosman hollow points from Walmart and grouping very well. If anyone is looking to get into air rifles, I think this rifle beats a lot of the stuff from Walmart. Feels slim and shoulders well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5D0C8E55-0290-4DC1-91A4-518B01B9AA2B.jpg (18.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg A340B05F-8ABA-4ABE-843A-FF0F769888AF.jpg (14.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 09-17-2021, 9:13 PM

All time classic springer and I think it's a steal at $199. I have 3 and all of them shoot about as well as my $$$ FWB Sport springer. Picky on pellets like every .177 ever, but mine luckily all like the QYS training grade pills.
Old 09-18-2021, 9:28 AM

I have used many pellet rifles over the years and you have chosen the best basic classic. Enjoy I own a .22 and it loves the RWS hollowpoints but it will group many brands well.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:00 AM

Yep, I cringe when I hear people try the cheap Walmart air rifles, then they get turned off of air rifles when it becomes a futile experience. Surprisingly, I am getting good groups with just standard crosman premier pellets.
Old 09-18-2021, 3:07 PM

I've been looking at a pellet rifle. This one looks like it might fit the bill.
Old 09-18-2021, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
I've been looking at a pellet rifle. This one looks like it might fit the bill.
You won't regret it. All time classic honestly. Heavy though, like proper rifle heavy.
Old 09-18-2021, 4:01 PM

It does fit the bill.

A couple things you should know however are that these air rifles WILL destroy any cheap optics you mount on them, be prepared to buy premium optics if you want them to survive. They have a forward and backward recoil that is super harsh on scopes. Even the scopes they come packaged with may or may not break quickly from the recoil.

Many people also like to use a howitzer hold where you don't grip the rifle as tightly so it can recoil more freely kind of like a howitzer firing. Some swear that this produces better groups with a spring powered air rifle.

Also, never dry fire a springer.
Old 09-18-2021, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff213 View Post
It does fit the bill.

A couple things you should know however are that these air rifles WILL destroy any cheap optics you mount on them, be prepared to buy premium optics if you want them to survive. They have a forward and backward recoil that is super harsh on scopes. Even the scopes they come packaged with may or may not break quickly from the recoil.

Many people also like to use a howitzer hold where you don't grip the rifle as tightly so it can recoil more freely kind of like a howitzer firing. Some swear that this produces better groups with a spring powered air rifle.

Also, never dry fire a springer.
More fun with irons anyway. You can get some sweet apertures.
Old 09-18-2021, 5:57 PM

Iron sights on pellet rifles are accurate shooters.
Old 09-19-2021, 7:03 AM

Double braced reticles on scope for airguns has been standard for decades. Even the less expensive models work just fine.

The UTG Bug buster series as well as budget models from BSA and others are perfectly adequate for springers.

I've been using the $100-$150 scopes on FWB 124s and my Diana Model 23 and 25 for a long time and none have ever shown a problem. A springer can tend to be hard on regular rifle scopes but those made for airguns are fine and don't break the bank either.

If you need to dry fire just use some felt cleaning pellets and a cardboard box filled with shredded paper, it works fine even indoors and it helps keep the bore nice and clean.
You can have it one way or the other; you can have it both ways; you can have it every way but not always.
Old 09-19-2021, 5:48 PM

Bought one of these from Numrich as well. Great gun. Kicks quite a bit! And that plastic buttplate is not very forgiving after plinking for an hour.
Old 09-19-2021, 5:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom77 View Post
Surprisingly, I am getting good groups with just standard crosman premier pellets.
Those Crosman pellets perform better than any of the varieties of Beeman pellets - and at a great price to boot. Only RWS perform better in my Diana 350 magnum. The "quality" of Beeman pellets tanked years ago..
Old 09-20-2021, 9:28 AM

I have to cheat to get really nice groups, I rest the rifle fore end on a shooting bag. Also, if you use a scope, get scope mounts that have a anti droop feature.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:32 AM

Just checked, it's $323.99 now. You scored!
Old 09-20-2021, 8:30 PM

Did you click on the description? It should say 199.99