Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 04-16-2019, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
All things considered, by the time you get any serious amounts of rounds through your Glock, you will have purchased another firearm.

Back in 2008 I purchased a Gen3 G23 and a conversion barrel with the thoughts that this would be the "only handgun I will ever buy".

I now have 5 handguns.......and have my eye on a sixth.
This is true. I bought my first handgun, a G19 in 2012. I know have a FFL03 and over 15 handguns and over 10 long guns now. I still have a list of guns I want. A few I know will be ones I shoot 20 rounds and put them away until the next range trip (S&W 500 just for fun) and others I will shoot more often.

They are fun, what can I say.

A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

--Librarian
Old 04-17-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
The only valuable Glock is a G7, but those are illegal now. The rest of them can be shot indefinitely.
But those cost more than you make in a month

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by VoR; 04-17-2019 at 12:07 PM..
Old 04-17-2019, 6:36 PM
From Anotha Motha
CGN Contributor

No need to buy a Gen3 to keep a low round count on your Gen4. And if you decide to sell your gun down the road, the value of a Glock that's been shot 200 rounds vs 2000 rounds is maybe $10. The reason being, Glocks are reliable and common.

I have a gun that I haven't shot at all!

I take several guns to the range and shoot a few out of each one. Next range trip, I rotate different ones. Over time, some get shot a bunch and some don't.