Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Old 08-15-2020, 3:24 PM

Default New to me 1911

Picked this up from an auction in Anaheim. Info I got was limited, but advertised as having been through Kings Custom at some point in its life. Springfield told me it came out of there Custom Shop in 1989, they are trying to gather more info for me as those are paper record times. Picked it up for a fair price, I think! Has a small Kings Custom logo on the rear slide in front of the rear sight. Looking forward to putting some range down range. Someone reconfigured the trigger guard as it meets the dust cover. After i shoot it, I may repair it, or just leave it and refinish the frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200726-062940_Chrome.jpg (84.9 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200726-063000_Chrome.jpg (84.8 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200726-062903_Chrome.jpg (80.8 KB, 140 views)
Old 08-15-2020, 3:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4242 View Post
Picked this up from an auction in Anaheim. Info I got was limited, but advertised as having been through Kings Custom at some point in its life. Springfield told me it came out of there Custom Shop in 1989, they are trying to gather more info for me as those are paper record times. Picked it up for a fair price, I think! Has a small Kings Custom logo on the rear slide in front of the rear sight. Looking forward to putting some range down range. Someone reconfigured the trigger guard as it meets the dust cover. After i shoot it, I may repair it, or just leave it and refinish the frame.
Check under the slide for another King's logo mark and is there one on the bushing?
CGN
Old 08-15-2020, 4:03 PM

Nothing under the slide, or the bushing. Maybe Kings just milled the Bomar cut?? Nobody really knows! The slide and barrel are both marked with the S/N. Only other markings outside of a stock 1911 are the Springfield Custom, and the small kings logo.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:31 PM

That is King's Bomar cut, anyone still do the same cut?
Old 08-16-2020, 3:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Thumbs up

Very nice. I'm not keen on those sights, but ANYTHINGS better than G.I./Mil-spec sights!

You still gotta tell us how much, though.
Old 08-16-2020, 6:13 AM

That is a nice piece of history. Kings gunworks used to be in Burbank before they closed. They were one of the go to places to have work done to a 1911. Looks like the flattened the front trigger guard for someone but did not do the squaring off of the trigger which was a common mod when they were open.

Back then a lot of competition shooters would have the front trigger guard squared and flattened for competition.

The fact it has a King’s logo is pretty cool.

Enjoy shooting her.
Old 08-16-2020, 6:23 AM

I paid $750 for it for those that asked. No box, one magazine. The flattening of the front of the trigger guard does not bother me with dry fire drills, we'll see how it feels while shooting. The stippling cuts on the front strap are very aggressive, may polish those down just a bit before I get it refinished. I need to weigh the trigger pull, it seems light, very smooth and crisp with a short reset. It is easily the smoothest trigger on any pistol I have. Hopefully Springfield has the paper work orders archived for this. Not sure what was the qualifier to having the slide marked Springfield Custom as they worked on them??