Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 06-15-2019, 4:48 PM

Default Hiring/Training Truck drivers, tractor and harvesters as well.

Morning star trucking is getting ready to start its tomato season again this year.

Go see my write up on the job from my season I did with them for 2018 here..
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1440066

I just wanted to give a heads up that they are getting ready to go again, probably start the first or second week of July.

If you do not have a class A, they can train you but you will be expected to complete the entire season in order to get the training for free or they will charge you for the training. I do not know for sure if there is still time to train new drivers, some years they cut off new recruits by now but last year they were so short they were still training people in mid August.

But wanted to pass on info to some of you guys that are already truck drivers. I have read somewhere, Maybe in a paper they sent me, that they are open to any drivers that would like to work only weekends. So if you are driving for yourself or a company and have weekends free and are near los banos or Williams, and you have weekends free, looking for a little extra cash, you could pick up some weekend loads for them. You can use your own truck, you get paid quite a bit more per load but you also pay for your own gas obviously or you can drive one of their trucks. I just mention this because I remember someone asking me once if you could drive part time as the regular drivers work 7 days a week, minimum 12hrs a day.

They are also looking for shuttle drivers, these guys drive a shuttle truck (No Class A Required) that stays on the company property, you basically hook up to the tomato trailers, pull them a hundred yards or 2, to the plant where they dump the trailer, then park the empty trailer where the drivers can get to it to take back to the field, then you just continue this cycle. Fast paced hook, pull, drop. You do not even need to get out of the shuttle to hook up, you back up, step out the back door to hook your lines and go. I can not remember what they pay, I believe it was something like $14 or more last year, but not sure. They also have positions such as fuel attendants, you just basically fill the fuel tank of a truck when it pulls up to top off. And truck wash people, Both these possitions tend to move up to shuttle drivers during the season as well, but I am sure you can apply straight on as a shuttle driver. The location of Los banos kind of sucks as unless you live in Los Banos, you are looking at a good commute unless you want to crash in the bunk house with 20 other guys. Or gals, they have the ladies bunk house for the woman drivers as well.

Then they are also looking for Tractor and harvester Drivers, they will train you. The locations change depending on what field they are working but they have fields all up and down the valley. Not sure what they pay but seems a bit tougher work. In the dusty hot fields running the harvester or tractor that pulls the trailer being filled. Not for me but maybe someone you know might be looking for the work.

Anyway, if you want to know more about the trucking part, I have a full write up on it at the link above. The post is old so you can not comment on it so if you have any questions just ask here or pm me. And if any of you do go for it, PM me so I can give you my info to give to them so I get a head hunter payment

"A Holocaust survivor dies of old age, when he gets to heaven he tells God a Holocaust joke. God says, That isn't funny. The Old man tells God, well, I guess you had to be there."

Last edited by CaliforniaCowboy; 06-15-2019 at 4:57 PM..