Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2019, 9:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
Colossians 1:18.
Christ is also the head of the church, which is his body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So he is first in everything.

So, you see that the pope is not head of the Church. Christ is and there is no substitute. Anyone claiming to be in the stead of Christ is anti-Christ.
Christ is the only intercessor between man and God. Anyone claiming to be an intercessor is lying.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 01-06-2019, 9:13 AM
Veteran Member

Yep.
Old 01-07-2019, 7:38 AM

^Ramclap and Mike are spot on.
Old 01-07-2019, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta34 View Post
^Ramclap and Mike are spot on.
Spot on,....no.

I understand what both are saying that generally that there is no replacing Jesus with some earthly soul....and here comes the "but", The Pope represents Christ on earth. He is the head of the Catholic Church....here on earth.

To say the Pope is lying or that he is anti-Christ is just plain...............silly.
Pretty strong words said about him in this thread, sadly, and a bit judgemental I might ad.
Old 01-07-2019, 3:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Spot on,....no.

I understand what both are saying that generally that there is no replacing Jesus with some earthly soul....and here comes the "but", The Pope represents Christ on earth. He is the head of the Catholic Church....here on earth.

To say the Pope is lying or that he is anti-Christ is just plain...............silly.
Pretty strong words said about him in this thread, sadly, and a bit judgemental I might ad.
No one represents Christ but Christ himself, here or otherwise.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 01-07-2019, 4:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Jesus Christ was not of this world. Ergo a stranger in a strange land regardless of his locations. Thats called travelling not migrating.
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 01-26-2019, 3:26 PM

Jesus wasn’t an MS13 member trying to cross a border to sell drugs and kill. Just sayin
Old 01-27-2019, 12:24 AM

Remember when Jesus left to return to the right hand of the Father. He said he would not leave you as orphans. He would send you the Holy Spirit to be with you. The Holy Spirit is given to all who believe and our obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ. The spirit reveals the word of the lord to you. You cannot understand the word of God without the Spirit of God revealing it to you. If the Spirit of God is not with you, the Bible will not make any sense to you.
Old 01-28-2019, 5:57 PM

What?! John 1 says “He went to his own and his own did not receive him.” Anyone read the first chapter of the New Testament? Matthew 1? Jesus as the fulfillment of the Davidic covenant. Couldn’t have belonged to the people of his land anymore than that!
Does anyone read the Bible in the Roman Catholic Church anymore?!
Old 01-28-2019, 10:51 PM

The pope and Catholic Church is aligned with Satan and are corrupt criminal organization soooooo nothing they say means much not to mention hypocrites , rampant homosexuality and pedophiles
Old 01-29-2019, 6:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeguns View Post
What?! John 1 says “He went to his own and his own did not receive him.” Anyone read the first chapter of the New Testament? Matthew 1? Jesus as the fulfillment of the Davidic covenant. Couldn’t have belonged to the people of his land anymore than that!
Does anyone read the Bible in the Roman Catholic Church anymore?!
From my experience within my family and my wife's family, sadly they don't. It seems must Catholics prefer rituals and traditions
Quote:
Hmmm,.....God (The Father) is the Creator. Jesus is the Son of God.
"Father why hast Thou forsaken me?" said Jesus on the cross.
He wasn't talking to himself but to his Father (God the Creator).
There is a distinction between the two right there.

Adam and Eve were not talking to Jesus in Genesis were they? No, they were talking to God - The Creator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eta34 View Post
You don’t need to know the man. He’s asking for millions of dollars for a jet. Christian or not, that makes him a band person. He’s greedy. As a minister, it’s even worse. It’s disgusting. What could those millions do to change the lives of others positively? (Please note, I’m not implying being wealthy is in-Christian. It isn’t.).
then the word of God. Pray for those who are being misled.
Old 01-29-2019, 7:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsInMyEyes View Post
The pope and Catholic Church is aligned with Satan and are corrupt criminal organization soooooo nothing they say means much not to mention hypocrites , rampant homosexuality and pedophiles
The 1560 Geneva Bible was considered to be the very first “study Bible.” In the 1560 (not the later 1599) Geneva Bible (which I have a copy), Revelation 17’s margin notes written by Calvin, he professed that the Antichrist was compared to a “great harlot.” He also noted that the “great whore” was an antichrist and that antichrist was nonother than the Pope.

We know today though that there are literally millions of antichrists in this world, however it amazing to see that even in the 16th century, the catholic pope was labeled an antichrist back then as well.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 01-29-2019, 7:59 AM

Quote:
<sigh>
So, this thread has evolved from bashing the Pope to now including the Catholic Church as being aligned with satan.
Nice.
Nice Christian attitudes goin' on here.......not.

Might want to get your noses out of the Bible for a moment and read the forum rules about that sort of thing.
Old 01-29-2019, 8:10 AM

“Get your noses out of the Bible” Rizzo? In my previous post I pointed out that the problem is precisely that. If we had our noses in the Bible a bit more we may not make biblically ignorant statements, like the pope.
Old 01-29-2019, 8:14 AM

Rizzo, check out Pauls’s Statements to the Galatians in chapters 1 and 3! He calls them foolish and bewitched and even accursed for turning to another gospel. You may find a similar accusation here for statements made that confront the Word. At least on my part.
Old 01-29-2019, 9:50 AM

@trailerparktrash Do not confuse false prophets with the actual anti Christ .... @rizzo being aware and discerning as a Christian does not mean I have a bad attitude it just means I'm not in denial on the Catholic Churches actions which clearly you are , every facet of the Catholic Church is corrupted which is a statement by one of their top Cardinals at the Vatican who was the head of investigating corruption there, from their bank having 900+ corrupt accounts tied to mob and narco trafficking , to unspeakable child abuses and human/child trafficking , to sex parties , to buying the largest European gay bath house , to literal satanic rituals. Being aware isn't my fault it's their actions if they don't want such scandals tied to them they shouldn't do them and try to cover them up

Last edited by GunsInMyEyes; 01-29-2019 at 10:59 PM..
Old 01-29-2019, 11:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
<sigh>
So, this thread has evolved from bashing the Pope to now including the Catholic Church as being aligned with satan.
Nice.

Might want to get your noses out of the Bible for a moment and read the forum rules about that sort of thing.
Pope/Catholic church bashing is quite common on calguns. Any post about Catholicism eventually devolves into they are the devil talk.

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns
Old 01-29-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Ono View Post
Back then it was a Roman World.
From Spain to Britan to North Africa
to Persia and Germany.

There were walls in Jerusalem. At one time a great Kingdom.
It went bad for Israel and the city and walls were destroyed.
Then God directed Nehemiah to go back rebuild Jerusalem and
make the city great again and make Israel great again.

Strange no one in the media spoke about Nehemiah.

And the first thing they did when they got there? Re-build the wall. One-handed, with a weapon in the other. Higher on the list than rebuilding the temple even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2019, 3:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
<sigh>
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
Pope/Catholic church bashing is quite common on calguns. Any post about Catholicism eventually devolves into they are the devil talk.
Yup, it's too bad Kes doesn't do anything about it. You would think he'd enforce his own forum's rules. This thread went down the toilet long ago.
Old 01-30-2019, 9:09 AM

Quote:
... @rizzo being aware and discerning as a Christian does not mean I have a bad attitude it just means I'm not in denial on the Catholic Churches actions which clearly you are , every facet of the Catholic Church is corrupted which is a statement by one of their top Cardinals at the Vatican who was the head of investigating corruption there, from their bank having 900+ corrupt accounts tied to mob and narco trafficking , to unspeakable child abuses and human/child trafficking , to sex parties , to buying the largest European gay bath house , to literal satanic rituals. Being aware isn't my fault it's their actions if they don't want such scandals tied to them they shouldn't do them and try to cover them up
My post was in regard to all of the Pope and Catholic Church bashing going on in this thread.

Certainly there has been some improper activity going on in the Catholic Church.
So, you state I am in denial. How do you come to that conclusion from my post about the bashing going on? You are exaggerating my post in order to spew your hatred of the Catholic Church.
Feel better now?

The world is full of corruption and bad people. This includes the Catholic Church, your church, the government, etc., etc.

But, regarding the Catholic Church, the core is the Bible and the teachings of Jesus and people who believe in Jesus Christ that try to live their lives according to His teachings.
You don't throw the baby out with the bath water do you? Get it?

The issue here is yours and others disrespect for someone else's religious beliefs.
Old 01-30-2019, 1:48 PM

I would say you are in denial on the Catholic Church based that I guess you aren't aware of all their stances and statements that are out of line with bible and gods teachings let alone alllllllllll the despicable actions of them maybe what you see as hate speech is just awareness and you are the only one who can't see your lack of it?
Old 01-31-2019, 8:26 AM
Veteran Member

History is replete with the excesses of the Holy Roman Apostolic Catholic Church, as for the current time we are living in, I for myself focus on fellowship with the Catholics in the so called Charismatic movement wherever I come into fellowship with them. I know what is happening in Rome, and am aware of where it is likely heading. The current pope will be around for awhile, and he likely will be replaced by someone else. Directions will likely shift again. For now I encourage Bros to fellowship where they can with those who Name the name of Jesus in faith and love, aware of others who are engaged in folly and strange doctrine.

Peace Bros
Psalm 1
Old 01-31-2019, 8:47 AM

Quote:
"absolutely" huh?
Well, since you've stated that it that way must be true!.....not.

So, the head of the Catholic Church, which spreads the teachings of Christ is himself being antiChrist, according to you.
Yeah, that makes sense!
I think the catholic church incorporates the Gospel in their religion but it is still certainly against Christ in the sense that it adds and distorts the very same Gospel. he certainly isn't a Bible centered teacher. It's a really good trick on the devils part. Want someone with an allergy to eat peanuts? Don't hand them a jar of peanut butter and a spoon, give em a jelly sandwich and a tiny dollup of peanut butter in the center. The outside looks and tastes nice but you will soon see you been duped. And the result just might be death.

I hear the term "catholic bashing" alot. I guess it depends on the heart and language of the one speaking. I get carried away sometimes but it shocks me to see such doctrines promoted. So I'd like to add, i wouldn't consider peoples words on the peope or catholicism to be bashing, necessarily. If a mormon or jw comes to me asserting to know the truth, i will tell them why they are wrong too. Not to ridicule them but to show them there is error and hell on their path. Also note, I've seen catholics on these boards that say they attend catholic church but disagree with certain customs, people, and/or practices. Many of these people are unaware that they are likely anathema according to their own faith. The catholic church dictates what all its congregation believes and to stray is anti catholic. To all who see, research your faith with the Bible. If it doesnt match God's instruction manual, question it.

Last edited by Emperor Kuzco; 01-31-2019 at 9:23 AM.. Reason: Additional info
Old 01-31-2019, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member

If they want to paint Jesus as a migrant, we can still build the wall. If Jesus wants to enter the US he can just walk through it. Everybody else will need to go through official channels.
Old 01-31-2019, 1:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Yup, it's too bad Kes doesn't do anything about it. You would think he'd enforce his own forum's rules. This thread went down the toilet long ago.
I don’t think the thread was about bashing Catholics. It was about pointing out behavior of a particular man, that being the pope.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 02-01-2019, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
I don’t think the thread was about bashing Catholics. It was about pointing out behavior of a particular man, that being the pope.
You're right, TpT. But, remember, only Christians take attacks as attacks against God and not themselves (Col. 1:24, unless it's our sin! (1 Peter 4:15)).

To ALL others in the world, an attack/criticism/disagreement with their beliefs is personal because they've created their own god and you are challenging them. Their god is not outside themselves, it's their own "creation" - their own beliefs (Romans 1:23-25).

Until God draws someone through Jesus Christ (John 6:44), they'll always take it personally.

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 02-01-2019, 4:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post

Yup, it's too bad Kes doesn't do anything about it.

You would think he'd enforce his own forum's rules.

This thread went down the toilet long ago.

While we can mostly (all?) agree that the current pope is beneath contempt for his brazenly anti-Christian statements and actions,

demonization of Catholic church here does not seem to result in the kind of knee-jerk blocking, deleting and banning that other more protected groups seem to enjoy...

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 02-02-2019, 2:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
You're right, TpT. But, remember, only Christians take attacks as attacks against God and not themselves (Col. 1:24, unless it's our sin! (1 Peter 4:15)).

To ALL others in the world, an attack/criticism/disagreement with their beliefs is personal because they've created their own god and you are challenging them. Their god is not outside themselves, it's their own "creation" - their own beliefs (Romans 1:23-25).

Until God draws someone through Jesus Christ (John 6:44), they'll always take it personally.
Good points!

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 02-02-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post

Hmmm,....doesn't make sense to me.
If I were to say that you were an idiot for believing what you do (religiosly), then that would be a personal "attack" on you, not against God.

Regarding "To ALL others in the world...."
Here again we have that arrogant attitude that if you are not a Christian your religious beliefs are wrong and God (yep, spelled with a capital G) is just a creation in your head or some other nonsense.

Bravo to you pastor for your strong beliefs and dedication to trying to bring people to God, but insulting other's beliefs is rude and judgemental.
Old 02-02-2019, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Hmmm,....doesn't make sense to me.
If I were to say that you were an idiot for believing what you do (religiosly), then that would be a personal "attack" on you, not against God.

Here again we have that arrogant attitude that if you are not a Christian your religious beliefs are wrong and God (yep, spelled with a capital G) is just a creation in your head or some other nonsense.

Bravo to you pastor for your strong beliefs and dedication to trying to bring people to God, but insulting other's beliefs is rude and judgemental.
Rizzo - No, I wouldn't take it as a personal attack. I get to decide what I take personally and what I don't. A Christian understands that attacks really against God (Col. 1:24). You may intend it against me, but biblically I know better.

"To All others in the world" is not arrogant, it's biblical. You can put everyone in one of two buckets. In one bucket is biblical Christians and all others fit in the other bucket because when you dissect their beliefs, they have a common root - they've created their own god. Sorry, that's biblical too.

You take it as rude, but again, you're just verifying my point. Yes, telling people what the God says can often be judgment - when they disagree with what God says in His word. That's just "by definition."

Another way to look at it - I care enough about seeing people go to heaven to tell them when they are wrong in their beliefs and aren't going to end up there. That's being a faithful witness as Christ calls me to be. He knows that some will be offended, but others He will use this witnessing to draw them through His Holy Spirit (John 6:44). I was born and raised Catholic. I didn't like it when Christians told me I was going to hell with my beliefs. I finally decided to go to the Bible and prove them wrong. And...I couldn't. I'm now a Christian. Looking back, I didn't decide anything. God was drawing me and using the witness of others to do so. He saved me (Titus 3:5).

I'm praying for your salvation.

In Christ,

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 02-03-2019, 2:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Here again we have that arrogant attitude that if you are not a Christian your religious beliefs are wrong....
Well now just think about that statement for a second. Of course a Christian believes in the “CHRISTian” doctrine and beliefs. To a CHRISTisn, everything else was incorrect. Do you think a Muslim, a Jew, a Buddhist, or any other religion believes in any other religion but their own? Of course not. So why should a Christian be frowned upon for NOT believing in any other religion than their own “CHRISTian” beliefs. It’s CHRIST or nothing at all for the CHRISTian believer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo
A Christian I only refuting all other religions is not necessarily “insulting,” as it’s more of a denial of a falsehood in the eyes of a CHRIST worshipping believer. Jesus said “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6). So you can’t expect a true Christian to think or believe anything else, for that would be absurd.

Second, you mention being judgemental. Correcting the Sinner is not “Being Judgmental.” It is an Essential Work of Charity. Did you know that we Christians are actually called to judge? Yup, it’s right there in the good book.
“Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” John 14:6. We are actually called to judge, but not self righteously. For if we do not judge righteously, we are actually deficient!

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><