Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 11-21-2022, 3:05 PM

Default OC spray

Well.. my mk4 decided to start leaking.. eventually onto my crotch area before I noticed it was... My junk is now on fire... 10/10 would not recommend. And on my brand new pants.. Anyone else have this experience?
Old 11-21-2022, 3:59 PM

LMAO!!! I have lady junk, so I can't exactly relate. But, I'm not a fan of OC so I feel bad for you!
Old 11-21-2022, 4:20 PM
Calguns Addict

My coworker didnt have a pin in his mk9 and he was doing computer work and coughing up a storm so I walked into the office and just see orange all over the walls, fridge, microwave and he didnt even notice for about 10 mins.
Old 11-21-2022, 7:50 PM
Veteran Member

I think I was party to a few “leaks” into the AC vents of a running patrol vehicle during the summer but your experience was yet another reason I didn’t regularly carry OC spray.
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.
Old 11-22-2022, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
LMAO!!! I have lady junk, so I can't exactly relate. But, I'm not a fan of OC so I feel bad for you!
Lol I would imagine it would be worse for your lady parts
Old 11-22-2022, 8:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestargrizzly View Post
My coworker didnt have a pin in his mk9 and he was doing computer work and coughing up a storm so I walked into the office and just see orange all over the walls, fridge, microwave and he didnt even notice for about 10 mins.
I've seen one shoot right into the air and land perfectly into another coworkers eyes.. I balled out laughing so hard while simultaneously helping her wash her eyes out. She noticed my laughter more than my assistance... needless to say she wasn't a fan of me for a while
Old 11-22-2022, 9:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobie View Post
I've seen one shoot right into the air and land perfectly into another coworkers eyes.. I balled out laughing so hard while simultaneously helping her wash her eyes out. She noticed my laughter more than my assistance... needless to say she wasn't a fan of me for a while
Pepperballs are fun for that too
Old 11-22-2022, 12:48 PM

Old time Mace is also a pleasure. Unlocked the canister and not needed. Then struggling to place the perp in the patrol car. Managed to release the entire canister onto my groin area. That was a 20 minute fun ride to the jail.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:16 AM

Had a partner once accidentally discharge his mk9 OC Fogger in our small office....that was alot fun.
Old 11-30-2022, 4:11 PM

At least your partner didn’t spray you in the side of the face while you were assisting someone to the floor.
Old 11-30-2022, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish71 View Post
At least your partner didn’t spray you in the side of the face while you were assisting someone to the floor.
Hahaha I heard a similar story from a coworker
Old 12-01-2022, 7:30 AM

One night around midnight, I stopped in front of a Mexican food restaurant that had full size, glass windows across the front. The entire restaurant mostly college crowd was involved in a brawl/food fight. Burritos were flying every which way. Most of the fighting was not of much consequence, except for one guy who was down and on his back, with another guy sitting on his chest delivering non-stop punches to the face.

I needed to cross the entire restaurant to get to them, but the crowd wouldn’t let me through. Out came the OC and everyone within range was a recipient. I felt like Moses parting the Red Sea. It worked like magic.

Edit update:
I forgot to mention the tears of appreciation that the diners all had after taking care of the victim. Everyone was crying for happy that I was able to assist their fellow diner in distress. It was a very touching moment.

Last edited by Rustlin’ Jack; 12-01-2022 at 9:28 AM..
Old 12-04-2022, 7:48 PM

I accidentally touched the nozzle of an MK-9 and then rubbed my eye. It wasn’t as bad as getting directly sprayed, but it was annoying for an hour or so.

I had a partner that has since retired that managed to pull out his MK-3 backwards and proceeded to spray himself with it. We still have no idea how he was able to flip up the button cover and depress it while it was facing the wrong way. He never lived that one down until he left.
Old 12-05-2022, 6:37 AM

OC, works good as decongestant.
Old 12-07-2022, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustlin’ Jack View Post
I forgot to mention the tears of appreciation that the diners all had after taking care of the victim. Everyone was crying for happy that I was able to assist their fellow diner in distress. It was a very touching moment.
"Tears of appreciation" LOLZ!

I had a partner call it "opening up a can of Act Right".
Old 12-12-2022, 6:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

One of my partners released the entire contents of a gun belt carried OC container into his locker. He had hung his gun belt inside his locker and forced the door shut. Somehow something inside his locker found the top of his OC canister and started spraying into his locker.

He couldn't get his locker door open as it was jammed shut. Everything inside locker his was contaminated.

It seeped so deeply into his belt, that when he wore it after cleaning the heat of his body brought out more OC . He had burns around his waist from OC contact was off IOD for a week...

One of my trainees sprayed a combative suspect in the ER of one of our hospitals....

Result.... evacuation of the entire ER department for a few hours...

That resulted in a new Department order making discharge of any chemical agent inside any hospital or medical facility Verboten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
Old 12-12-2022, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
One of my trainees sprayed a combative suspect in the ER of one of our hospitals....

That resulted in a new Department order making discharge of any chemical agent inside any hospital or medical facility Verboten!
Lmao I thought was a given.. but then again most if not all department policies exist as a result of things happening
Old 12-12-2022, 9:42 PM

Quote:

It's always fun to have a new policy named after you. Well, not always...

"News stories and the truth are a bit like fraternal twins. They are related but only vaguely resemble each other."

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich quick theory of life." - Theodore Roosevelt
Old 12-13-2022, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Typical over reaction by the brass.

Homicide: “Why did you shoot him?”

Officer: “I ran out of other force options and OC was forbidden per policy.”

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 12-20-2022, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Typical over reaction by the brass.

Homicide: “Why did you shoot him?”

Officer: “I ran out of other force options and OC was forbidden per policy.”
Just like when they took away the carotid. We were still good to go up until George Floyd. The common “why choke ‘em” joke that we laughed at. Now we’re working under the same principles.