Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 06-29-2019, 3:55 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_h View Post
Hey everyone! I'm Milo, currently based in the LA area. I'm a newish shooter--used to shoot as a kid with my dad and in 4-H, but it's been a few years and I'm looking to get back into it and learn more on my own. Glad to be here!

Hi Milo and welcome back to shooting.

Puttering around the forum ought to get you the info you want. Ask lots of questions too.

Here I am.

"I'm for Hoffa until they pat my face with a shovel and steal my cufflinks." Frank Sheerin. Man who admitted killing Hoffa
Old 06-29-2019, 9:24 PM

Default Introduction

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Toby and am located in the SFV.

I am not new to shooting, but have recently begun to build my collection. I have taken a few defensive handgun classes and have CCW training. Motorcycle riding has recently become a fun little hobby.

I have really enjoyed calguns.net, but am still learning the ropes. The biggest question I have is about leaving feedback. I have completed two PPTs recently (just waiting my 10 days) and have scheduled another. So far sellers have been great and very helpful, but I want to make sure I can leave feedback once I have final possession of the firearms.

How do I leave feedback?

NRA Member
Old 06-29-2019, 9:38 PM
Calguns Addict

^

Aloha sloksig !

You might be able to find a clearer easy to understand answer if you do a search for how to 'leave itrader feedback" but I will try to go over the basics.

To the right side, top and side of every post any member makes you'll see some information about the member like their location, when they've joined and how many post they've made.

Right below that info. you'll see the word
" itrader" and a blue number. Click on that blue number and it should take you to the page where you'll see some information about that members past buying and selling ratings. Somewhere on that page is the "leave itrader rating" for whoever it is.

You click on that and if you've made a deal with that person you follow the instructions, including leaving a link to the page where the deal was made, and bingo you've left them a positive, a neutral or a negative I traitor rating.

Hopefully they remember to leave you and I traded rating and if they don't it's okay to ask them to do it but don't be too pushy because some people either don't want to or they never get around to it, they don't know how or they have something personal against it.

For instance when you see people with itrader ratings I guarantee most of them had many more sales and deals than it's showing.

I hope that helps and welcome aboard.

Last edited by sealocan; 06-29-2019 at 9:57 PM..
Old 06-29-2019, 9:55 PM
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor

Welcome Toby.
When you copy the URL of the deal be sure to remove the “s” from HTTPS or the i-trader will not recognize the URL.
Old 06-30-2019, 8:42 AM

Hey guys,
My name is Matt. I have been following the forums for a while now. Iím mainly interested in starting to build my knowledge of hunting. Wanting to do a deer hunt this fall or next fall in one of the zones near lake Isabella.
Old 06-30-2019, 9:47 AM
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltideguy View Post
Hey guys,
My name is Matt. I have been following the forums for a while now. Iím mainly interested in starting to build my knowledge of hunting. Wanting to do a deer hunt this fall or next fall in one of the zones near lake Isabella.
Welcome 'Bama
Old 06-30-2019, 11:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltideguy View Post
Hey guys,

Another Matt!!
Welcome!
Old 06-30-2019, 1:32 PM

Default New here.

When I was five I wanted to be a cowboy.

Am now 63 and still trying. What's truly important is being able to shoot and ride.
Old 06-30-2019, 2:00 PM
G u n t h u s i a s t
CGN Contributor

Hey Kowboy
Old 07-01-2019, 4:14 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Cory. I own a few pistols and rifles nothing much to speak of. I've been a gun owner in this state since I was 18, I'm now 33. I have seen my rights slowly eroded away here, so I have been an NRA member since 18, and recently joined CRPA, and I couldn't be happier with them honestly! I just wanted to join Calguns because I figured it's a great place to keep up with things, but also learn what more I can do. Oh, and I have a wife who is an huge supporter ofthe the 2nd amendment and shoots just as often as me, and my 4 year old daughter (with assistance) is getting used to the .22, I love Calguns and am stoked to be here!
Old 07-01-2019, 4:44 PM
G u n t h u s i a s t
CGN Contributor

Welcome to Calguns FFM86.

Sent from Crapatalk
Old 07-01-2019, 4:50 PM
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor

Welcome F86
Old 07-01-2019, 6:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Welcome new members especially those in the 707. Check out the 707 banter in off topic
Old 07-02-2019, 10:07 PM

619 Reporting in.

Relatively newish shooter. I didn't have a lot of firearms experience until I joined the military. I grew up in California, recently decided to purchase some firearms after nearly a decade out of the military. Some of my fondest memories of being on active duty were range days.

I'm still waiting to take possession of my recent purchases, despite having absolutely no criminal background (no one even in my family), holding a clearance, no mental health issues, I was put on delay by the DOJ. Apparently this is common if you have a common last name.

When I was reading up on CA gun safety regulations and laws this website came up a lot in the results, so I decided to join.

I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to take the plunge. I've always been generally against laws that restrict/prohibit choice or lifestyle decisions, as such I find the trend of restricting people's ability to purchase firearms pretty disturbing.

So far I've got a .22 lever action rifle, Glock 17 9mm and a Remington 870. I want to pick up a Glock 21 (probably will once my 30 days from my last purchase passes), an M1A (when I first joined, the Navy was still using the M14 for topside watchstanding, we didn't get the hand-me-down M16A2s from the Army until like 2009, and I liked shooting the M14 despite it being so heavy compared to the 16) and I am looking at either a Tikka T3X or Bergara B14 HMR bolt action (thinking maybe 6.5 creedmoor).

What I am hoping is that I can continue to learn and hopefully be able to contribute something to the community, and meet other enthusiasts in the state.

My first thing is to find a bigger outdoor range, I know there's one in Dulzura, but there have to be more Northeast of here in like Inland Empire or something, right?
Old 07-02-2019, 10:29 PM
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor

Welcome

solim profundum variat
Old 07-02-2019, 11:01 PM

Hey everyone, I've own a couple of handguns for the last 8 years and have been shooting on occasion. Just recently gotten back into shooting and have been saving up for another handgun. I saw this forum while researching on different 1911's and wanted to join and interact with other cal gunners.
Old 07-03-2019, 6:54 AM
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor

Welcome Hamster
Old 07-04-2019, 7:29 AM

Hey everyone, just getting back to this forum after retirement from military. Joined when i was still active duty back in Hawaii. Keeping up to date whats going in my home state, got my ccw from riverside county and been carrying since. I meet some high school classmates and introduced them to the world of sport shooting. Converting one californian at a time😂 .
Old 07-04-2019, 9:41 AM
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor

Welcome p-noy, even if you are 6 years late for your first post.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:56 AM

Hello calguns!

Thanks to all who helped me figure out how to leave feedback and the welcome messages!!

This is the steps it takes to leave buyer/seller feedback. Option 1 has more steps, but is much easier; you do not have to dig through you PMs to find a PM that the buyer/seller sent you. In my experience buyer/sellers do not always send/reply to PMs; the communications move to text/phone to make the process more efficient.

Below are two different ways to leave buyer/seller feedback:

Option 1 -
1) Go to the original post (either seller WTS or buyer WTB)
2) Copy/save the link to the post
3) Click on buyer/seller calguns.net user ID
4) Select 'View Public Profile'; which will bring you to the buyer/seller profile
5) Select 'Feedback Score' right most tab; which brings you to buyer/seller iTrader Profile
6) Select 'View Complete Feedbacks for buyer/seller'; brings you further into buyer/seller iTrader Profile
7) Select 'Submit Feedback For buyer/seller'
8) Fill out feedback form.**When pasting the link to your original post you need to remove the 's' from 'https' so it should read 'http://www...'

Option 2 -
1) Go to the original post (either seller WTS or buyer WTB)
2) Copy/save the link to the post
3) Go into the message buyer/seller sent each other
4) On the right side you should see buyer/seller 'iTrader' number that can be clicked
5) Click buyer/seller iTrader number and that will bring you to buyer/seller iTrader Profile
6) Click 'Submit Feedback For buyer/seller'
7) Fill out feedback form.**When pasting the link to your original post you need to remove the 's' from 'https' so it should read 'http://www...'
Old 07-04-2019, 5:28 PM

Hey guys,

My name is Toni. I just want to learn more about guns in general before I buy my own. I used to shoot guns as a kid and as a teen.

Please be patient with me because I have a tendency of asking stupid questions. LOL!

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2019, 5:41 PM
G u n t h u s i a s t
CGN Contributor

welcome, Toni!
Old 07-05-2019, 7:57 AM
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioMartha View Post
Hey guys,

My name is Toni. I just want to learn more about guns in general before I buy my own. I used to shoot guns as a kid and as a teen.

Please be patient with me because I have a tendency of asking stupid questions. LOL!

Thanks!

Welcome Toni.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people who reply rudely at times.

If you later ask for advice on what gun to buy, describe basically what you want and why you want it (CCW, HD, plinking...) to help us pin down our response.

To some, the answer is always Glock.

Never ask what is better, 9mm or .45.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:07 AM

Default Fox4Life

Thanks for the welcome....NRA Life Member, member CRPA, lifelong BSA Scouter, NRA CRSO. NRA Instructor.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:13 AM

You can call me Ray!! Have some guns to sell and some to buy...Look forward to communicating .....
Old 07-09-2019, 10:46 AM
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor

Welcome Ray

GLWS
Old 07-09-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioMartha View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Welcome to Calguns, Toni!

Tell your fellow shooters (if you know any) to sign up!

Old 07-09-2019, 3:25 PM

Default Greetings!

I love this forum and all the awesome posts. I recently got started with learning how to defend myself with a course at Front Sight and quickly saw first-hand California has a different view of 2A. Despite that, I will exercise that right to the fullest extent possible, as much as Bay Area living will allow.
Old 07-09-2019, 4:56 PM
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor

Welcome rightie.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:02 PM
CGN Contributor

Welcome in rightsider.

Here I am.

"I'm for Hoffa until they pat my face with a shovel and steal my cufflinks." Frank Sheerin. Man who admitted killing Hoffa
Old 07-12-2019, 10:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Welcome guys!
Old 07-17-2019, 10:33 AM

Hey all.

I’m Andrew, or JP, whichever works I’m not picky. I’ve been target shooting and jackrabbit hunting since 14. I live in the Meth capital of our great USA, fought for Uncle Sam and currently back to school to officially this weird thing people call a Degree. Anyway, looking forward to talking to you guys.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:33 AM
G u n t h u s i a s t
CGN Contributor

Welcome JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk