Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you patronize indoor range in Chino/Chino Hills area?
yes 26 78.79%
no 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2017, 7:22 AM

Default indoor range project poll

please leave the city you live in in the comments

Indoor range project in the Chino / Chino Hills area - proposing 25 yards, RIFLE & PISTOL rated, open 7 days a week, open late - until 11-11pm

Would you patronize such a facility?

Last edited by WakeUpCA; 09-27-2017 at 1:23 PM..
Old 06-04-2017, 8:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Depends on rules and setup of the range. Also you will have competition in area. A better place may be around Temecula that area could use a range.
Old 06-04-2017, 8:33 AM

I'm always interested in places to shoot...especially not too far from me. Like the poster above mentioned depends on how it's run if I will become a regular. I've been looking for a convenient indoor or any range for that matter where I could load up shoot for an hour and not have a ton of winshield time. Are you looking to open a range?
CGN CONTRIBUTOR
Old 06-04-2017, 1:02 PM

No. Too far away and not a fan of indoor ranges. But best of luck. I looked into opening one here in the Temecula valley a few years ago. Very, very, expensive project.
Old 06-04-2017, 3:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

From Ontario, would be nice to have another location..
Old 06-08-2017, 9:07 AM

the working plan is for an indoor range in the chino area - 25 yards, open 7 days and extended hours (open until 10pm, 11pm or maybe even midnight). the idea also has a portion of the range be rifle rated up to 308.
honestly, the more responses to this poll will greatly help in furthering progress of this project - if you know anyone in the area and a member of calguns, please direct them to the poll so they can respond
thanks
Old 06-29-2017, 3:37 PM

This sounds awesome! I live in Chino and like indoor ranges and staying up late
Old 06-29-2017, 11:31 PM

I live in Chino Hills. I like shooting outdoors much more than indoor but having a local indoor range would be great and would definitely go more after hours than I currently can. Having late hours is awesome, can go after the kids are in bed.
Old 07-02-2017, 5:13 AM

thanks for taking the poll & the comments - send your friends this way - we need a lot more responses
Old 07-02-2017, 5:39 AM

I would but the 2 indoor ranges I frequent are not always packed so u would need to have something they don't, late night hours may not be enough of a difference
Old 07-03-2017, 4:53 PM

I patronize any range indoor or out as long as the attitude of the staff is pleasant.
Old 07-08-2017, 6:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam99 View Post
I would but the 2 indoor ranges I frequent are not always packed so u would need to have something they don't, late night hours may not be enough of a difference
What would you suggest? always open to ideas to offer something to distinguish this range from competition. the ideas of proximity and availability are initial components - other attributes will help maintain regular customers. Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Just curious - are you in the chino/ chino hills area?

Last edited by WakeUpCA; 07-08-2017 at 7:11 AM..
Old 07-08-2017, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richca View Post
I patronize any range indoor or out as long as the attitude of the staff is pleasant.
The partners like to think their strengths include their professionalism, customer service and friendliness - one of the initial ideals was to build a place with a welcoming environment. Nice to see that they were at least on the right track with that...

Thanks for you comments - are you in the chino/ chino hills area?
Old 07-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

The best new range is PW&G. Mostly funded by presales of founder nemberships that where over subscribed. Opened on time, on budget, and is doing very well. Worth a trip down to SD to see it.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Gunner View Post
The best new range is PW&G. Mostly funded by presales of founder nemberships that where over subscribed. Opened on time, on budget, and is doing very well. Worth a trip down to SD to see it.
thanks - we'll have to make trip down - even just for the range time
Old 07-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

Default indoor range project poll

Bring your bench guns. 100 yard indoor, great for getting a good zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2017, 1:20 PM

The project is still ongoing - lots of research to do - this poll really will go a long way to getting us to fulfilling the idea - we just need the numbers - please guys, if you're in the area of chino ca, take a few moments to take the poll then comment where you live - thanks guys
Old 08-08-2017, 10:10 PM

If it allowed rifle calibers, sure. If it allowed magnetic ammo, definitely.
Covina/Glendora
Old 08-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo m View Post
No. Too far away and not a fan of indoor ranges. But best of luck. I looked into opening one here in the Temecula valley a few years ago. Very, very, expensive project.

They are not cheap to build. The equipment costs are very high. However PWG started with a small LGS. The owner pre-sold founding memberships which were over subscribed. He had a build to suit facility with 25,50,and 100yd ranges completely funded from membership pre-sales. While I was skeptical he'd every build it, the first time I went I bought the top tier membership and have renewed every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2017, 7:40 PM

project update - things progressing forward - slower than anticipated but moving forward

Thank you for your participation in the poll & the thread
Old 09-05-2017, 8:54 PM

Would be nice to have a FT3-like place, but without the drive. A 100y setup like in Poway would be great too.

DB
Old 09-05-2017, 8:59 PM

Ontario, I'd try it out for sure.
Old 09-05-2017, 9:11 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpCA View Post
the working plan is for an indoor range in the chino area - 25 yards, open 7 days and extended hours (open until 10pm, 11pm or maybe even midnight). the idea also has a portion of the range be rifle rated up to 308.
honestly, the more responses to this poll will greatly help in furthering progress of this project - if you know anyone in the area and a member of calguns, please direct them to the poll so they can respond
thanks
Awesome idea and my wife and I would most likely buy an annual membership, but rifle calibers is a turn-off for an indoor range.
Magnum calibers tend to be annoying, and OC Indoor allows slugs in shotguns and those are downright irritating when you're trying to concentrate.

And really... 25 yards is great for handguns when most indoor ranges are running 10-15, but really pointless for rifle calibers (aside from AR/AK pistols). You can't sight in at 25, the only thing it's good for is function testing. Maybe two lanes isolated from the rest set aside/prioritized for rifle calibers.

Again, comparing to OC Indoor, my only complaints there:
1 - Heat/humidity. That problem is going to be compounded this side of the hills.
2 - Bench crowding. They allow multiple shooters per lane, which is cool, but sometimes it seems like there are 30 people stuffed in there and there's no bench space for gear, particularly when girlfriends are just hanging at the bench and not shooting, but are blocking the area. I've seen 2 guys and their GFs using 1 lane and crowding the neighboring lanes.

Maybe a double-deck bench arrangement. Top bench low enough for the RSO to still see through the windows (maybe elevate the main floor a bit) and a bottom bench a foot or so below it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 09-06-2017, 7:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
Would be nice to have a FT3-like place, but without the drive. A 100y setup like in Poway would be great too.

DB
thanks for the input - have you taken the poll? the participation will help - the plan is to have welcoming, safe facility to attract new shooters & provide an ideal facility to attract experienced shooters too - hope we can meet your needs soon enough and become a range option for you
Old 09-06-2017, 7:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef9boy88 View Post
Ontario, I'd try it out for sure.
have you taken the poll? it really helps - thanks for your input
Old 09-06-2017, 7:44 AM

Quote:
LOL, I actually did that before I commented.
Old 09-06-2017, 7:54 AM

Cokebottle - have you taken the poll?
thanks for you input - we our trying to design what would be our favorite indoor range. My business partner and i have seen many ranges indoors and out & a good amount of effort is going into what we think will be an ideal place to shoot - we hope to surprise our customers with what comes from our efforts
Old 09-06-2017, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Voted, good luck with the venture.
Old 09-06-2017, 4:59 PM

I'm in Chino hills, would love a range here, I go to raahauges and oc indoor right now. I would be in for a membership and the family as well, good luck.
Old 09-06-2017, 6:08 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Cokebottle - have you taken the poll?
thanks for you input - we our trying to design what would be our favorite indoor range. My business partner and i have seen many ranges indoors and out & a good amount of effort is going into what we think will be an ideal place to shoot - we hope to surprise our customers with what comes from our efforts
Yep, answered the poll before I posted.

And understand, I don't expect it to be between 68 and 72 all the time... but a little airflow across the back of the lanes and keeping the humidity down really help to make it more pleasant.

Like a gym, it's always a problem balancing humidity on busy days with being too cold on slow days.

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Administrator

I wish you luck on the venture, but I had to vote no since I live in Winchester (next to Murrieta/Temecula. I belong to Rainbow outdoor range nearby, so I use that. I would shoot at an indoor range if it were in my area, but I understand yours will be in the Chino/Chino Hills area and if it weren't for my wife's nephew, we'd still be in Chino Hills.

I would add to Cokebottle's comment regarding rifles. I shot at the Riverside Magnum range one time and almost jumped out of my socks when I heard a shotgun blast. I hadn't shot there for a while and wasn't aware they were now allowed. That place is not large, so the sound really affected one's concentration. I left not because of that, but because I don't care to be shooting at a place where skinheads are shooting.

I have no idea what, if anything you and your partner can do to mitigate the loud noise that will occur from allowing rifles, but that is something you and your partner should address when constructing the location. Good luck.
Old 09-07-2017, 5:56 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
I have no idea what, if anything you and your partner can do to mitigate the loud noise that will occur from allowing rifles, but that is something you and your partner should address when constructing the location. Good luck.
5,000 watt sound system and Metallica on continuous play

I'm curious as to the planned location. There's a new industrial park across from BAPS, and two new ones under construction... but there's also been a lot of expansion down near Prado.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2017, 6:02 AM

WE are early in the process - there are several locations being proposed so it might be a little premature to say now where it will be located
thanks for the input