Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-25-2019, 7:33 PM

On live scan I was lucky
I met officer Yezzo for my interview at 3:00 then he said when you leave call the office across from ours and set up a live scan appointment, he was firm don't just show up they wont take you well I sat on on the bench by the elevator on the fifth floor and called and asked them to make me the soonest appointment for my live scan and the women said wish you were close we have a 4:00 opening so I asked her to stand up and look on the bench next to the elevator, we looked at each other and I waved .
Best part was I'm at the window paying my $10.00 when Yezzo was leaving and he said I told you, you cant just show up without an appointment and she said he just called and we had an opening at 4:00, the look on his face was priceless, I told him hope he has a good time at the hockey game
moral is better to be lucky than good
Ed
Old 01-25-2019, 7:40 PM

On live scan I was lucky
I met officer Yezzo for my interview at 3:00 then he said when you leave call the office across from ours and set up a live scan appointment, he was firm don't just show up they wont take you well I sat on on the bench by the elevator on the fifth floor and called and asked them to make me the soonest appointment for my live scan and the women said wish you were close we have a 4:00 opening so I asked her to stand up and look on the bench next to the elevator, we looked at each other and I waved .
Best part was I'm at the window paying my $10.00 when Yezzo was leaving and he said I told you, you cant just show up without an appointment and she said he just called and we had an opening at 4:00, the look on his face was priceless, I told him hope he has a good time at the hockey game
moral is better to be lucky than good
Ed
Old 01-26-2019, 7:43 AM

That story is priceless, I had yezzo for my deputy as well and I could only imagine the look on his face haha
Old 01-26-2019, 5:39 PM

I talked to him on several occasions but only met him that one time, he was a nice and friendly guy, he will be missed by everyone he dealt with.
Old 01-26-2019, 9:33 PM

I just had my interview and completed my LiveScan. I am waiting for Ben Clark date (March 2). Question - does the sheriff's office wait until your Ben Clark class before the packet is submitted for approval? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the process.
Old 01-26-2019, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley72 View Post
I just had my interview and completed my LiveScan. I am waiting for Ben Clark date (March 2). Question - does the sheriff's office wait until your Ben Clark class before the packet is submitted for approval? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the process.
They do hold on to it until after the class..UNLESS you request having them pre- approve it first (which is something they offer). See you March 2nd

Mark

Old 01-27-2019, 9:37 PM

Anybody hear any rumors regarding shutting down ben Clark for ccw quals?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2019, 1:36 PM

Just got the call from Officer Perry
I pick up my permit tomorrow and don't forget to bring the final payment either Cashiers Check or Money Order
Ed
Old 01-28-2019, 2:00 PM

Looking for the live scan phone # through the Sheriff's department, tried calling the Sheriff's standard general number but couldn't find a selection for live scan.

Anybody have this available?
Old 01-28-2019, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawfuls View Post
Looking for the live scan phone # through the Sheriff's department, tried calling the Sheriff's standard general number but couldn't find a selection for live scan.

Anybody have this available?
See post #3636

Old 01-28-2019, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamduh View Post
See post #3636

Saw it, but the picture is illegible, looks too small and blurry for me.
Old 01-28-2019, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawfuls View Post
Saw it, but the picture is illegible, looks too small and blurry for me.

951-955-2440. I uploaded and didn’t realize the copy got so crappy. Looks clear on my phone.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Who told you that?! They have been increasing the frequency of ccw quals at BCTC. They are making $100 off of each student in those classes. The last new ccw class I saw had about 30-40 people in it. That's $3,000-$4,000 a class. I can't imagine them shutting that down.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
Who told you that?! They have been increasing the frequency of ccw quals at BCTC. They are making $100 off of each student in those classes. The last new ccw class I saw had about 30-40 people in it. That's $3,000-$4,000 a class. I can't imagine them shutting that down.
I heard it during a ppt with demento19

Old 01-29-2019, 3:37 PM

All done and officer Perry is very nice
Ed
Old 01-29-2019, 3:58 PM

Question for those who have been to the BCTC ccw class.

Does the holster need to have a retention strap? I’ve heard some people mention that it is needed, but the paperwork just says well fitting holster.

The RCSD website says “All holsters will be inspected to ensure that they are safe and comply with department guidelines. Holsters MUST have a thumb snap of either metal, Velcro, or other acceptable method of retaining the weapon in the holster.”

I have IWB Milt Sparks VM-2 leather holsters for each weapon, no retention strap. Is that an acceptable retention method? Just want to be sure.
Old 01-29-2019, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrish View Post
Question for those who have been to the BCTC ccw class.

Does the holster need to have a retention strap.?
No. Their main concern is that the holster stays open (ie; kydex or reinforced leather) to facilitate reholstering.
Old 01-29-2019, 4:18 PM

Awesome! No issue with them staying open.

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2019, 8:07 PM

Quote:

No. Maybe they meant for interviews? My wife just got an appointment for her interview, initial application. Email was from Deputy Searles and stated interview was to be at downtown HQ on Lemon St. Email clearly stated “The office is no longer located at the Ben Clark Training Center.”
Old 01-30-2019, 1:16 AM

Hello all. Question here.

Will having a driving lisence with driving restrictions due to DUI affect the possibility of getting a ccw? Passing a background check to purchase a firearm is no problem. Wondering if anyone has knowledge that applying for ccw in riverside would be any different.

Thank you.
Old 01-30-2019, 5:11 AM

If you were denied why are you asking again?

FYI everyone this guys attitude SUCKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamj View Post

Will having a driving lisence with driving restrictions due to DUI affect the possibility of getting a ccw? Passing a background check to purchase a firearm is no problem. Wondering if anyone has knowledge that applying for ccw in riverside would be any different.

Thank you.
Quote:
I got denied. It was worth a try. Ok, so what’s next guys?

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 01-30-2019, 7:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Thank you.
No, but having a DUI on your record will probably disqualify you. IAs are reluctant to authorize concealed carry of firearms for individuals who have shown they can’t obey laws and also violate laws against use of a (driver) license while using alcohol.

Prior to 2007, DMV carried the DUI on your record for 7 years. After 2007, it’s carried for 10 years.

Some sheriffs take this “arrest” stuff seriously. For example, Sacramento County Sheriff tells you outright that he will deny issuance for:
-Any Arrest in the last 5 years, regardless of the disposition.
-Any Conviction in the last 7 years.

You really should ask the Riverside Sheriff CCW folks if there is a lock out policy for such things.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 01-30-2019 at 7:33 PM..
Old 01-30-2019, 9:34 PM

Any word on Good Cause updates? Considering if it is time to apply.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkylrie View Post
Its always a good time to apply. Good cause just makes it easier.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
No, but having a DUI on your record will probably disqualify you. IAs are reluctant to authorize concealed carry of firearms for individuals who have shown they can’t obey laws and also violate laws against use of a (driver) license while using alcohol.

Prior to 2007, DMV carried the DUI on your record for 7 years. After 2007, it’s carried for 10 years.

Some sheriffs take this “arrest” stuff seriously. For example, Sacramento County Sheriff tells you outright that he will deny issuance for:

You really should ask the Riverside Sheriff CCW folks if there is a lock out policy for such things.
Thanks for positive feed back!
Old 01-31-2019, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkylrie View Post
It seems pretty lenient now. You can’t just put “self defense”, but it doesn’t take much effort to demonstrate the more dangerous aspects of your neighborhood, commute or travel to remote locations. If you put down your occupation as a reason, you may be asked for a letter from your employer, so be careful with that for GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO-bound View Post
No. Maybe they meant for interviews? My wife just got an appointment for her interview, initial application. Email was from Deputy Searles and stated interview was to be at downtown HQ on Lemon St. Email clearly stated “The office is no longer located at the Ben Clark Training Center.”
Nah, the rumor was shutting down the range qualification and outsourcing it to the private ranges.

As far as I know the CCW unit has been in downtown riverside for a year or so.
Old 01-31-2019, 6:08 AM

Quote:
I got denied. It was worth a try. Ok, so what’s next guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 01-31-2019, 7:08 AM

saw this posted on the facebag today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1548950703135.jpg (85.4 KB, 135 views)
Old 01-31-2019, 8:57 AM

Wow........................................this is like a soap opera

Personally I don't want anyone getting or qualifying for a CCW if they break the law as in drugs or alcohol use or mental illness, its not good for the community as a whole.

Getting a CCW is serious and we should be held to a higher standards than the general public and if you don't pass then that's on you.

Honestly some people are not well suited to having a CCW, you can try all you want but the Sheriffs dept can read between the lines and you should be denied.

As far as a reason for wanting or qualifying for a CCW I believe if you are a honest, hard working or retired and are a law abiding citizen then you should qualify.

Good luck to all those that are and to those that are not, you should have thought about it before you broke the law even if you have a card from your Dr from the internet that says you suffer from anxiety, depression or dozens of other BS reasons.

Ed

Last edited by edkel1; 01-31-2019 at 8:59 AM..
Old 01-31-2019, 9:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkel1 View Post

Personally I don't want anyone getting or qualifying for a CCW if they break the law as in drugs or alcohol use or mental illness, its not good for the community as a whole.

Getting a CCW is serious and we should be held to a higher standards than the general public and if you don't pass then that's on you.

Honestly some people are not well suited to having a CCW, you can try all you want but the Sheriffs dept can read between the lines and you should be denied.

As far as a reason for wanting or qualifying for a CCW I believe if you are a honest, hard working or retired and are a law abiding citizen then you should qualify.

Good luck to all those that are and to those that are not, you should have thought about it before you broke the law even if you have a card from your Dr from the internet that says you suffer from anxiety, depression or dozens of other BS reasons.

Ed

― Mark Twain
Old 01-31-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:

Ed
I agree to this to some extent. Its hard to judge someone on decisions made 10 or 20 yesrs ago. What if that person made 1 mistake in their life and they change thier life for the better. I can understand if it is something recent then you take that into consideration, and if its repeated behavior then that should be a hell no. Nobody is perfect we have all made mistakes in life. Its what you learn and what you do with your life is after the fact is what matters.

Old 01-31-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I agree to this to some extent. Its hard to judge someone on decisions made 10 or 20 yesrs ago. What if that person made 1 mistake in their life and they change thier life for the better. I can understand if it is something recent then you take that into consideration, and if its repeated behavior then that should be a hell no. Nobody is perfect we have all made mistakes in life. Its what you learn and what you do with your life is after the fact is what matters.

The comments you qouted are in reference to someone who currently has a restricted DL according to his/her post.

― Mark Twain
Old 01-31-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
The comments you qouted are in reference to someone who currently has a restricted DL according to his/her post.
And i agree to some extent. The rest of my comment was more towards he other comment about being a law abiding citizen. He should have known better regarding his DUI.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:13 PM

Yes we all make mistakes but sometimes you never stop paying for a mistake you made when your were young and dumb.

Should Mark David Chapman be forgiven, how about Lindsey Lohan or David Hinkley and that list is endless.......nope,never.

How about this person that got a DUI.......yea after it fall's off there record, sure they made a mistake but they have to pay for there mistakes and if it is on there record then I guess that the price you pay for being dumb or naive.

Getting a CCW is a right for those of us that follow the law and to those that don't follow the law its a privilege and to be honest some people have shown they don't deserve that privilege.

I know this will make some mad but take out the emotion and just be logical and ask your self does this person deserve a CCW, everyone knows the answer.

Learn to deal with your mistakes and go on with life.

I feel sorry for kids today .............they cant admit when there wrong or try to blame everyone else except for the one that made the mistake in the first place.

Ed

Last edited by edkel1; 01-31-2019 at 2:05 PM..
Old 01-31-2019, 2:05 PM

Hey iamj.............................How do you have a -2 on iTrader, I cant figure that one out, am I missing something.???????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????
Old 01-31-2019, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Hey iamj.............................How do you have a -2 on iTrader, I cant figure that one out, am I missing something.???????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

Flaky trader it seems.

― Mark Twain

Last edited by 38Special; 01-31-2019 at 2:29 PM..
Old 01-31-2019, 5:13 PM

Flaky is being mild..................and this person has the balls to attempt getting or qualify for a CCW makes us all look bad.
Sorry but calling it like I see it.
Old 02-01-2019, 6:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was just wondering about the holster needing a strap. I just read that in the packet.
Old 02-01-2019, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgts1 View Post
I was just wondering about the holster needing a strap. I just read that in the packet.
I used all my current carry systems. 2xAIWB, 2xIWB and 1 pancake holster nobody said a word to me, didnt even look twice. They do ask if your going to crossdraw or draw from the 4-5ockock position to let them know so they stage on the far left or far right so you dont flag anybody while drawing at 15.

Old 02-02-2019, 4:20 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

First, congratulations Mark on getting approved and through the process. I’m glad to see you’re not holding up the issuance stats anymore! (J/k)

Second, I’ve recently met with the ccw unit and they are increasing the amount of employer letters they want. Basically, if you reference any organizations (non-profits, church, volunteer, work) then the new policy is Bianco wants that org to fill out the employment form or have them write a letter corroborating your GC. This is a new policy and makes some of the good causes used in the past harder if you don’t want to have someone else submit letters or fill out forms.

I’m a little disappointed to see Bianco require more paperwork instead of less for ccw issuance. Especially since getting more permits out there was a big part of his campaign.

I also asked about using just “self defense” as a GC and was told that hasn’t been approved and they still require some form of written explanation. So that was the current state of policy within the last couple of weeks.

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777