Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2019, 9:38 AM

Default Just moved to Fresno, looking for local meetup/ clubs

Hey, long time member and firearm/camping/hunting enthusiasts who recently relocated to Fresno from the Bay Area (long over due). I am hoping to find a gun group that meets up for monthly events. Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Also is there a specific Fresno county section here on CG? I only see the “209 chapter” but clearly that’s Stockton area not Fresno or Madera.

Little about myself...my wife and our two children finally moved away from the hyper expensive and sensitive Bay Area. I grew up in Redding so moving to Fresno feels like I’m moving home. We are in our early 30s, our boys are very young (2 and 1 years old). We love outdoor activity and cannot wait for the cold to subside so we can spend the weekends camping and fishing.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:00 AM

Fresno Rifle and Pistol has a number of clubs. http://www.fresnorifleandpistolclub.com/clubs.html
Also if you are interested in a CCW both the Sheriff and current Chief of Police are CCW friendly. He’s going to retire so I recommend going with FSO. YMMV
Old 02-18-2019, 1:04 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Sun Mountain in Coarsegold is also a really good range.

Utah CCW
Handgun 101
NRA Basic Pistol
Private Instruction

Classes are held statewide

www.whitesofeyes.com
(209) 330-3900
Old 02-18-2019, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoRob View Post
Fresno Rifle and Pistol has a number of clubs. http://www.fresnorifleandpistolclub.com/clubs.html
Also if you are interested in a CCW both the Sheriff and current Chief of Police are CCW friendly. He’s going to retire so I recommend going with FSO. YMMV
Hey, thanks for the heads up. I was also wondering if there are any clubs or groups that don’t always meet at a range.

Growing up my family was always involved with RAVA ( Redding area Volkswagen association) and we would do monthly meetings at the local pizza place just to talk shop and keep in touch, we also did cruises, parades and car shows. Was hoping there was something like that for firearm enthusiasts.