Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Long Distance Shooting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Long Distance Shooting Discuss tools, techniques, tips and theories of long distance shooting

Old 12-11-2018, 3:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Cuyama 600 & 1,000 yard matches this weekend

This coming Saturday the Tri-County Rifle Club is hosting an NRA approved Mid-Range (600 yd) Match. Then on Sunday we’ll host our regular NRA approved Long Range (1,000 yd) Match.

The 600 yd match will consist of three strings, 20 shots each string. Total possible score 600 pt.
The 1,000 yd match will consist of two strings, 20 shots each string. Total possible score 400 pt.

All of our matches are open to the public. Cost is $20 per match (for non-members) and includes $4.50 fee for score submittal to NRA. $5 discount for club members.

All are welcome to arrive Friday or Saturday and can camp on the property. If you are into running water there’s the Buckhorn Inn in New Cuyama and a couple of places in Taft. Both are about a 20-30 minute drive from the range.

The range is located east of CA33 about 3 miles south of the 33 and 166 juncture. Look for a green Palma sign east of 33 at the Foothill Rd intersection. Turn into the field (east) and drive straight back to our shade structure. Please be mindful of the fields as they may be planted (stay on the well worn path).

Squadding starts at 8am both days.

Unfortunately, I will be in New Zealand this weekend so I won't be able to attend but all new shooters are welcome and there are always extra people who will be glad to help you out. Any other match that I'm at, I'll be glad to skip shooting and help any new people who show up.

If you're not ready to shoot in competition but would like to see how's it all works, you are more than welcome to come out and watch. Although, after watching the first relay, you'll be mad at yourself for not coming ready to shoot.

You'll need:
* Ear and eye protection
* The ammo for the match above plus another 4 - 10 rounds for sighters before each relay.
* A finger adjustable scope with enough adjustment to reach 1,000 (or 600) yards (~48 MOA for 308 shooters)
* A good 100 yard zero (we'll get you on paper with your sighters)
* Bipod or front rest (and optional rear rest) or you can shoot with a sling.
* A shooting mat
* A good attitude

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

Last edited by Fjold; 12-11-2018 at 4:53 PM..