Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2019, 8:40 AM

Default Palmetto Order Issue

So I'll try to keep it simple. Placed an order with Palmetto during the "Magapalooza" window, Order shipped no problem. Window closed and no more orders.

I received my order and all was great, except one type of item. The ETS magazines I purchased were transparent/smoked according to their website, not black solid color which is what I received from PSA.

I dont believe that ETS sells any mags that are not transparent/smoked. So either the mags I received are fake, or a bad batch which PSA went ahead and sent to me (and possibly other customers.)

I've already emailed PSA CS about the issue, and they replied that they cant ship 11+ rd mags to CA (window is closed), and that they can issue a refund if I ship back the items in question.

Reading the law, I'm not sure if I CAN ship these mags back to them. Am I SOL?

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-15-2019, 8:54 AM
Veteran Member

it seems those are the only 2 choices...keep it or send it back for a refund...Shipping to them shouldn't be an issue as you are not selling, importing, or purchasing

replacement is a no-go. no matter what others think the correct policy for replacement should be, it seems that Palmetto doesn't want to take the chance of sending anything out post 4/5, even if the initial mistake was their fault or not.
Old 04-15-2019, 9:03 AM
Veteran Member

Just curious; what is stamped on the base plate?

As stated above either keep or attempt to send back.

Respectfully
Kyle

Leadership, logistics, communications, and will.

"Doing nothing is doing something"

_________+__________
Old 04-15-2019, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakoomay View Post
So I'll try to keep it simple. Placed an order with Palmetto during the "Magapalooza" window, Order shipped no problem. Window closed and no more orders.

I received my order and all was great, except one type of item. The ETS magazines I purchased were transparent/smoked according to their website, not black solid color which is what I received from PSA.

I dont believe that ETS sells any mags that are not transparent/smoked. So either the mags I received are fake, or a bad batch which PSA went ahead and sent to me (and possibly other customers.)

I've already emailed PSA CS about the issue, and they replied that they cant ship 11+ rd mags to CA (window is closed), and that they can issue a refund if I ship back the items in question.

See this is bull**** on their part. They didn't complete the order you purchased during the window that was open through 5 Apr at 5:00 PM PST.
They should be able to send you the correct magazines you ordered during the period.

I too had the same problem I ordered 3 AK-47 30 Rd PMAGS from them and they sent me 3 metal AR-15 30 Rd mags instead. Got the same song and dance they couldn't send me the correct mags because it was after 5 Apr but I ordered those mags during the window on 31 March.

While I appreciate them stepping up and selling mags they're intentionally not following the directive and couldn't be bothered with completing their orders correctly.
Old 04-15-2019, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1886 View Post
Just curious; what is stamped on the base plate?

As stated above either keep or attempt to send back.

Respectfully
Kyle
They have the ETS name molded on the base plate. Should it be something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco75a View Post
See this is bull**** on their part. They didn't complete the order you purchased during the window that was open through 5 Apr at 5:00 PM PST.
They should be able to send you the correct magazines you ordered during the period.

I too had the same problem I ordered 3 AK-47 30 Rd PMAGS from them and they sent me 3 metal AR-15 30 Rd mags instead. Got the same song and dance they couldn't send me the correct mags because it was after 5 Apr but I ordered those mags during the window on 31 March.

While I appreciate them stepping up and selling mags they're intentionally not following the directive and couldn't be bothered with completing their orders correctly.
I agree.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I picked them up bc they were translucent (dumb reason, but hey) but they're black. I cant see anything inside and there are no witness holes to see how many rounds are in there...

What is grinding my gears is the fact they didn't even ask for photos, or even try to figure something out other than the generic "ship them back for refund" response. Quite disappointed honestly.
Old 04-15-2019, 5:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
What is grinding my gears is the fact they didn't even ask for photos, or even try to figure something out other than the generic "ship them back for refund" response. Quite disappointed honestly.
They can't send you replacement 10+ rd mags legally. Your two choices are keep them, or send them back for a refund.
Old 04-15-2019, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
it seems those are the only 2 choices...keep it or send it back for a refund...Shipping to them shouldn't be an issue as you are not selling, importing, or purchasing

replacement is a no-go. no matter what others think the correct policy for replacement should be, it seems that Palmetto doesn't want to take the chance of sending anything out post 4/5, even if the initial mistake was their fault or not.
Well I understand their position, but clearly we got the short end of the stick. They can just ship whatever items (new, used, faulty, etc) and know we wouldn't really be able to much about it except deal with the return and getting a refund.

There was no simple apology, or some form of interest in the situation. Here's the FIRST email response I received:
Hello,

Unfortunately we can not exchange the item. However was can refund once return.

Thank you for choosing Palmetto State Armory.

Best Regards,
JOHN DOE

Palmetto State Armory Customer Service
(803) 724-6950
Customer.Service@palmettostatearmory.com
and then I replied respectfully asking for at least an explanation or other options, this is the response:
Hello,

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to ship any magazines to your state over 10 rounds. Below is the link for the ETS magazine you received. If you do not wish to keep the black magazines, please let us know and we can issue you a prepaid shipping label to have them returned for a refund.

Thank you for choosing Palmetto State Armory.

Best Regards,

JACK DOE

Palmetto State Armory Customer Service
(803) 724-6950
Customer.Service@palmettostatearmory.com
He linked me the magazine listing, which I actually ordered, but indirectly admits that they sent me black ones. And if I dont like them, ship em back for a refund.

ETS doesn't even make black magazines, they're all translucent/clear.

I've dealt with PSA before, and they're a good company. Not trying to bash them, but definitely left a sour taste in my mouth after this. Would've just bought them from Brownells to begin with with my other orders.

Anyways, live and learn.
Old 04-15-2019, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
They can't send you replacement 10+ rd mags legally. Your two choices are keep them, or send them back for a refund.
Not even replacement bodies? Or do parts, not kits, also restricted from being shipped/sold?
Old 04-15-2019, 5:59 PM

I agree with your logic... if it was legal to ship you mags after 4/5 (as long as they were ordered on or before 4/5), then if you send back the incorrect mags they should still be able to fill that legally made order, and ship the correct ones back to you. It isn't a new order. It is the same order that was placed on 4/5 and should still be covered under the protection of the stay language.

All that said, I completely understand why none of the suppliers feel confident enough to do that. On paper it would look questionable and bring a lot of attention from the state. I have a similar issue with Numrich, and at this point I am just happy to get what I got, and not worry about it. I had them put a note on my order, and if they happen to change their minds they can contact me.

Quote:

Old 04-16-2019, 5:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I ask what was stamped on the base plate due to your statement above.

Your answer is:

Quote:
They have the ETS name molded on the base plate. Should it be something else?
I have not used ETS equipment so have no experience with them but if you think they may be fake, you might contact ETS. I don't think that will solve your dilemma, but it may clear up whether ETS makes black magazines.

I don't think PSA would knowingly sell fake equipment. Hence the question.

Respectfully
Kyle

_________+__________
Old 04-16-2019, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1886 View Post
I ask what was stamped on the base plate due to your statement above.

Your answer is:

I have not used ETS equipment so have no experience with them but if you think they may be fake, you might contact ETS. I don't think that will solve your dilemma, but it may clear up whether ETS makes black magazines.

I don't think PSA would knowingly sell fake equipment. Hence the question.

Respectfully
Kyle

Yes, I wouldn't think PSA would sell, or at least ship out fake items. They are a reputable vendor, and I've dealt with them before many times with no issues whatsoever.

I've contacted ETS, and sent them a photo of the magazines in question. Will update with what they reply.
Old 04-16-2019, 6:34 AM

Quote:
Yes, I wouldn't think PSA would sell, or at least ship out fake items. They are a reputable vendor, and I've dealt with them before many times with no issues whatsoever.

I've contacted ETS, and sent them a photo of the magazines in question. Will update with what they reply.
x2 - PSA has always done right by folks in that regard, IMO. (Slow-A## ship times, sure, but not an intentional bait-n-switch.)

I'm wondering if they were having another supplier fulfill their orders during Freedom week.

I could imagine PSA sending via email, their shipping labels, to another warehouse to slap on a box of mags, so that essentially it looked like PSA sent it, but in fact, it was never handled by PSA.
Old 04-16-2019, 6:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissiontoMars View Post
x2 - PSA has always done right by folks in that regard, IMO. (Slow-A## ship times, sure, but not an intentional bait-n-switch.)

I'm wondering if they were having another supplier fulfill their orders during Freedom week.

I could imagine PSA sending via email, their shipping labels, to another warehouse to slap on a box of mags, so that essentially it looked like PSA sent it, but in fact, it was never handled by PSA.
I sort of suspect something of that nature too. I've dealt with PSA for years and like you, my only issue has been slow shipping, otherwise they have always come through.

Curious was to what ETS might say.

Respectfully
Kyle

_________+__________
Old 04-16-2019, 7:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
This is opinion, not fact.

I believe they can send a replacement to complete the legal purchase. And they can surely send some correct magazine bodies. But that's if they cared.
Old 04-16-2019, 7:17 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

ETS is junk. 50% chance whatever they sent you works better anyhow. They were always gonna be cheap throwaways, so I wouldn't sweat it much.
Old 04-16-2019, 7:19 AM

Yup same boat except they sent me Coyote Brown Glock 19X mags instead of the Glock 17 mags I ordered. Got the same BS excuse.

I understand stuff happens, I don't want freebies, I don't want my money back I want options.

Hey we messed up, can we ship you 10rd mags instead.
Would you like to buy something else.

These are options Palmetto
Old 04-16-2019, 6:19 PM

Just an update post --

I contacted ETS customer service and after some back and forth, they told me to go ahead and ship back the magazines in question for replacements. They only accepted when I told them I reside in CA, and provided them the original invoice from Palmetto with the date stamp as proof they were purchased legally during the window.

Package ships out tomorrow, will update soon.
Old 04-17-2019, 8:43 AM

Did they say the black mags were fake? Because I believe Turner's was selling the same mags the last day.
Old 04-17-2019, 8:51 AM

Same thing happened to me. All black with no way of telling how many rounds you have left. I haven't checked my invoice but i know i clicked on the transparent ones on the website when i made the order. They also came without a box, in seran wrap.

Definitely frustrating, but there's nothing I can do.
Old 04-17-2019, 3:27 PM

My ets 31rd mag came from gunmagwarehouse and they came in with ets sealed original bag. They shouldn't come bubble wrapped. I'm still waiting for PSA for my refund for cancelling my order since they couldn't ship in LA city. But GMW and classic firearms had no problem shipping to me.
Old 04-17-2019, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar2910 View Post
Yup same boat except they sent me Coyote Brown Glock 19X mags instead of the Glock 17 mags I ordered.
Same exact thing happened to me. I was really bummed when I first saw the wrong mags, but it seems like they will work. I'm kind of glad that they didn't cancel them completely and issue a refund.
Old 04-18-2019, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock17_1986 View Post
Did they say the black mags were fake? Because I believe Turner's was selling the same mags the last day.
So the black magazines turned out to be a legitimate item ETS produces, just is not marketed or sold on their website...

After taking a closer look before shipping them out to ETS, they're not solid black, but just a really really heavy smoke. take a flashlight to the side and you'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters14 View Post
Same thing happened to me. All black with no way of telling how many rounds you have left. I haven't checked my invoice but i know i clicked on the transparent ones on the website when i made the order. They also came without a box, in seran wrap.

Definitely frustrating, but there's nothing I can do.
I was going to drill a few witness holes in the back, but kept coming back to the fact that this is NOT what I ordered or advertised. So I contacted ETS directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgwtfbbq View Post
My ets 31rd mag came from gunmagwarehouse and they came in with ets sealed original bag. They shouldn't come bubble wrapped. I'm still waiting for PSA for my refund for cancelling my order since they couldn't ship in LA city. But GMW and classic firearms had no problem shipping to me.
The mags I got didn't arrive in an ETS bag, bubble wrap, or anything. They were just tossed into the box with the other items I ordered. Didn't really care, I know they were swamped with orders to ship out, I understand they didn't have time to caress and tuck-in the mags lol
Old 04-18-2019, 8:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgwtfbbq View Post
Never use Los Angeles as the city if you can avoid it. Use a Suburb or Neighborhood name. They may have no clue where Westwood or Culver City is.
Old 05-02-2019, 7:28 AM

Just as an update -- received replacement mags from ETS and they were each packaged/bagged separately, and not just thrown into the box unpackaged like PSA did.

Issue resolved!
Old 05-02-2019, 8:12 AM

All my mags from PSA came just wrapped no packaging. No big deal. Glad ETS helped you out OP.