Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 11-07-2019, 3:26 PM
Veteran Member

Default Extended ported bbl G20

Iíll be purchasing an extended and ported bbl for my G20. Wondering about others experiences with different manufacturers.
Old 11-07-2019, 7:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt View Post
I’ll be purchasing an extended and ported bbl for my G20. Wondering about others experiences with different manufacturers.
No input whatsoever but I'd sure like to see what full house Blue Dot handloads would look like coming out of a ported barrel! Be sure to post range pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 11-07-2019, 9:17 PM

I have no experience with their ported barrels, but I have a bunch of BarSto barrels in my 1911's and Glocks, and they are great barrels.
Good people to do business with also.

https://barsto.com/product/glock-20-...tended-ported/
Old 11-07-2019, 9:33 PM
Veteran Member

I have not used one for the G20, but have used them on M&Ps. They work as advertised, but at the same time don't expect a huge difference in recoil. You are able to recover a little quicker between shots, but you still have to do your part. Bar-Sto barrels are pricey. Require hand fitting (time and patience), but you end up with a barrel that locks up tight to your particular pistol. Are they worth it? entirely subjective. Same goes for ported barrels in general. Mag-na-port is another option.

Last edited by fmunk; 11-07-2019 at 9:36 PM..
Old 11-07-2019, 10:14 PM

I have a factory length BarSto barrel for my Glock 20SF. Fitted it myself, great accuracy, tighter chamber, and improved brass life. I haven’t compared velocity to the factory but would guess it adds a couple FPS.
Old 11-08-2019, 8:11 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
I have a factory length BarSto barrel for my Glock 20SF. Fitted it myself, great accuracy, tighter chamber, and improved brass life. I haven’t compared velocity to the factory but would guess it adds a couple FPS.
I will be using my G20 for carry while I fish in Alaska, I have been reading accounts of the G20 stopping charging bears. I have MT Barsto barrels, love them, but considering the application for the G20 I would rather have something with looser tolerances. I don't worry about night time muzzle flash, there will be very little darkness while I am there. I do think it would be worth it to manage recoil, my main concern is shooting while wrestling on the ground. Not sure if ports are a good idea, maybe just go with a 6" non ported and practice a lot.
Old 11-08-2019, 1:02 PM
Veteran Member

I do not have experience with a ported G20 barrel, but I have shot pistols with ported barrel, and I do not think they are worth it. They do reduce muzzle rise, but not significantly until you get into the magnum calibers.

In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.
Old 11-08-2019, 3:03 PM

FWIW......I purchased a KKM Black nitride extended barrel (non ported) when I owned a G29 for woods carry. Fit perfectly and worked flawlessly in the pistol.