Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 12-13-2021, 9:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeavyHitter View Post
All of us expatriates are hoping that you remain in CA, because it's troublesome people like YOU that we are trying to move away from.
+1

Old 12-13-2021, 9:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeavyHitter View Post
All of us expatriates are hoping that you remain in CA, because it's troublesome people like YOU that we are trying to move away from.
Just trying to point out that you have chosen ID over CA as your home. You no longer consider yourself a Commiefornian so you are now a citizen of ID and not CA. Of course the mere fact that Expat refers to those who switch countries not states hasn't seemed the sink in.
Old 12-13-2021, 10:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Thread crapping is thread crapping.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

Last edited by bigbossman; 12-14-2021 at 9:27 AM..
Old 12-13-2021, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
Just trying to point out that you have chosen ID over CA as your home. You no longer consider yourself a Commiefornian so you are now a citizen of ID and not CA. Of course the mere fact that Expat refers to those who switch countries not states hasn't seemed the sink in.
My identity does not have anything to do with what state I'm living in, because I consider myself an "American". I'm not originally from CA or ID either..

The "expatriate" forum (as far as I understand) is intentionally meant for use by people that post on CG who no longer live in CA. The OP's question is entirely in line with the intent of the subforum and is/was in no way "trolling" as you suggest. "Trolling" would better be described as someone who moved to a free state posting their new toys (that CA members can't have) in the other forums here.
Old 12-14-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Thanks for pointing this out! Perhaps you should head over to the shotgun forum - I suspect that some posters there are not really shotguns. Likewise, I suspect there are very few actual rimfire firearms posting in the rimfire firearm forum.

You've got lots of work to do
Old 12-14-2021, 3:35 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
You get that this is a forum for those that used to live in CA that moved to other states right? The subforum title reads as follows. "California Expatriates - For members who have left California but remain Calgunners."

You get that... well like 99.99% of anyone that calls themselves an expat here will still be living in the USA right?
Old 12-15-2021, 9:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Quote:
Edited for brevity...

Expatriates are employees of organizations in one country who are assigned to work in other countries on long- or short-term business projects. They help their companies establish operations in other countries, enter overseas markets or transfer skills and knowledge to their companies' business partners.

An expatriate is an employee sent by his or her employer to work in a foreign country. The firm is normally referred to as the parent company, while the country of employment is known as the host country. ... Expatriates provide a number of benefits for companies, including greater parent control and particular expertise.
I'd take up your mis-label complaint with Kestryll...He owns Calguns.net and obviously approved the Expatriates name for this part of the site.

Maybe he will rename it, or maybe laugh his tail off.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 12-16-2021, 5:43 AM

<<<still waiting for the Kansas expat forum