Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 11-29-2021, 6:22 PM

Default FEMA Reservist position

Does anyone know, have applied or currently a Reservist with FEMA? It sounds really interesting. Basically you work your regular job until a disaster somewhere happens and you get called up to help with that emergency. Reservist travel, build professional networks, and mostly help those in need. I sent my resume to the FEMA Reservist website. I am looking for more info, maybe someone that does this now
Old 11-29-2021, 6:38 PM
Love God Love People
CGN Contributor

Can you carry?
Old 12-02-2021, 5:30 AM

Got a link to what your talking about? Sounds like the CERT program.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psssniper View Post
Can you carry?
I don't know. That's why I'm here asking for any info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit74 View Post
Got a link to what your talking about? Sounds like the CERT program.
https://www.fema.gov/careers/position-types/reservists

As far as I can tell, it's an actual part time gig where they call you up and put you on the payroll for a disaster. It seems you have to bring in a skill-set. I sent in my resume to the email on that website ( fema-careers@fema.dhs.gov ) and again have heard nothing back.
Old 12-02-2021, 2:20 PM
Banned

Be all that you can be - just like Australian police enforcing Covid laws.
Old 12-02-2021, 2:38 PM

There a job ads on the usajob too
Old 12-03-2021, 8:20 AM

Are you qualified and have the Stanford Act experience? This sounds like a rebranded form of the DHS program called Surge Capacity Force where current federal employees can sign up so it gets them out of their offices and on the ground when the SHTF somewhere. FEMA doesn’t have to pay them until they actually get deployed. I talked to a guy who did that and went to Houston I think it was. When he was done, he said never again. Sounds like a revolving door type of place to me.
Old 12-06-2021, 1:31 PM

Default FEMA Reservist position

I am a retired LEO and after retirement I went to work for FEMA as a Reservist. My first deployment was to the Loma Prieta earthquake. I worked for them for 25 years and got a lot of adventure travel out of the employment. I travelled all over the US and most of the possessions. Reservists are allowed under the authority of the Robert T. Stafford act PL 93-288 as amended. I do not believe you will be considered unless you ca leave immediately on an assignment. I was sitting home one day around noon and got a phone call ordering me to fly to Honolulu that afternoon for further assignment to American Samoa. We flew to Samoa on a C-130 and were there for 3 days when relieved to return to the mainland. Lots of adventure. My last assignment was as a lead instructor assigned to the National Emergency Training Center (NETC) located in Emmitsburg MD. If interested call me 661 317-7671.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:34 AM
Banned

FEMA Reservists will be in high demand to staff Biden and Fauci's internment camps for the unvaccinated and vaccine checkpoints outside grocery stores and state borders

Last edited by .44; 12-08-2021 at 10:37 AM..