Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 05-16-2022, 1:24 PM

Default Ventura County Sheriff Race

For those of you who live in Ventura County, are you voting for Fryhoff or Ayub?

I'll admit, I was probably going to vote for Ayub until an off duty sheriff canvassed our area and told me more about Fryhoff, the morale of current officers/employees and called Ayub "woke"- it made me think about it more. Im not 100% decided yet.

Last edited by liberty47; 05-16-2022 at 1:51 PM..
Old 05-16-2022, 1:34 PM

I don't live there anymore. Both suck. Ayub was complicit with the closing of the gun stores. Fryhoff is endorsed by the union leadership (without a vote of the members) because he will allow pension spiking and will pay the union rep a salary on top of their deputy duties from what I understand.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Old 05-16-2022, 1:35 PM

I know jack s*** about either other than Ayub signs my CCW.
Old 05-16-2022, 1:38 PM

There are no good choices. Which boils down to "the devil you know..."

Somebody's gotta be the mole so it might as well be me. Seems to be working so far.

Evil doesn't only come in black.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

My Utubery
Old 05-16-2022, 2:30 PM
Pitbull Apologist
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyna14 View Post
I know jack s*** about either other than Ayub signs my CCW.
Yup. And will they continue to honor the "self defense" GC statement...from 2014.

At leat there is an opponent. Ayub ran uncontested last election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT762 View Post
Can I bring my Donkey? He loves Chunky Monkey.
Old 05-16-2022, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmatt View Post
I don't live there anymore. Both suck. Ayub was complicit with the closing of the gun stores. Fryhoff is endorsed by the union leadership (without a vote of the members) because he will allow pension spiking and will pay the union rep a salary on top of their deputy duties from what I understand.

They both are not ideal. But if you are beholden to the unions, they will ask for payment. Maybe not now. But someday.

I hate public unions and I think they should be banned. So if the union is endorsing Fryhoff, I’ll stick with Ayub for now. As someone already said…the devil you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis
Old 05-16-2022, 4:28 PM

Ive seen people trying to ask what Fryhoff's stance on CCW is. All I see as a response is he supports 2A. That seems like he's dodging to me...
Fryhoff should be anwering- I'll pass them out like effin candy on Halloween. Ayub is signing CCW.
The devil you know right?
Old 05-16-2022, 4:45 PM

Fryhoff stopped by my house a few weeks ago; He was canvassing my neighborhood. I asked him point blank about 2a and he said he strongly believes it and believes in CCW's. That said, Ayub signs my LTC. Again, the devil I know.
Old 05-16-2022, 9:18 PM

Not sure yet but all I’ve seen are Fryhoff signs wherever I go.
Old 05-16-2022, 9:25 PM
WingDings HQ Contributor

It's like a contest between JBT's, and you're debating whose shoe polish tastes better.
Old 05-16-2022, 9:50 PM
Calguns Addict

I’m bothered by the union aspect behind Fryhoff. Having the taxpayers pay the salary of a deputy assigned as a union liaison at 100% feels wrong and looks like lunatics running the asylum. I’m also bothered that the union endorsement is just by the board and may not necessarily reflect the rank and file. There is also the perception that the rank and file are a bunch of snowflakes because Ayub doesn’t blow in their ear and hold their hands every day.

Ayub has been issuing CCWs and seems willing to give them to anyone that is reasonably qualified. I’m not convinced Fryhoff would be as reasonable.
Old 05-17-2022, 6:04 AM

As stated many times above Ayubs CCW stance is clearly stated on his website, and backed up in practice.

As for wokeness, I have no idea, but I can definitely imagine that being a public official in CA one must walk a fine line lest the lawsuits rain from every direction. It may color some choices more than others.
Old 05-17-2022, 9:37 PM
Veteran Member

It’s a tough choice due to the gun store closures. However, unions serve a purpose, but I don’t care for shills who can’t post a clear statement in writing. So Ayub is getting my vote.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:50 AM

Ayub.
Old 05-24-2022, 7:53 PM
FFL LE Dealer
CGN Contributor

A large portion of my sales are to VC Sheriff Deputies and all are supporting Fryhoff. The morale of the department is in the dump, the current leadership is ineffective / absent and they are losing deputies quicker than they can replace them. This is all due to the current leadership. I have spoken to Fryhoff personally and he supports the 2A and is a firm believer in CCW's.

Nothing will change when it comes to CCW's in Ventura county no matter who wins. Please don't just pick the name you know, at least do some research and pick the best candidate you think will Keep our communities protected effectively and support our great officers.
Old 05-30-2022, 10:19 AM

I am still researching.

Newsom actually gave Ayub the power to keep gun stores open during the pandemic, and Ayub apparently let others decide. Epic failure.

Damn I hate facebook, but regrettably many websites, including VC Defences, update and post info there, on a much more up to date fashion than their actual websites.

Posted 15 hrs ago on vc defense facebook page is a video showing the wishy washy bullsh*t excuses and vague non answers Sheriff Ayub gives concerning gun store closures during the pandemic:

https://www.facebook.com/VCDefense

I don't think I like him.

On to research if the other guy is a bigger turd or actually better.
And yes, I'm certainly considering CCW issuance.

Check out this article.

Ayub actually reassigned his challenger while his challenger was moving up in the ranks.

Ayub has been called out about it, including his challenger authorizing Ayub to openly release his entire career file publicly, considering any poor job performance.

Not a peep from Ayub.

Seem's fishy on Ayubs part, but I will continue to research Fryhoff more.

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/lo...ry/9710400002/

Right now I'm leaning Fryhoff...

Last edited by LEAD LAUNCHER; 05-30-2022 at 10:22 AM..
Old 05-30-2022, 12:18 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

As is typical in politics, we end up with two not very good to terrible choices and none other.

1. Other than allowing the gun stores to be closed during the Plague (strike 1), Ayub seemed to be ok to me.

2. Fryhoff, I know little about other than he has taken credit for some accomplishments that he had little to nothing to do with (strike 1), he has been practically forced down local voters throats via the Union financed signs and even billboards all over the county. Unions are EVIL, do not like at all (strike 2).

Coming from an executive management background, I have to say, I don't really care if the rank and file like or support either, one or the other will be their boss and the rank and file rarely like their boss, regardless of who it is. Tough choice. Ayub is endorsed by a few people in the county I know who have influence, his name is on my CCW. Ayub failed in his job big time with the gun store closures, but once again, he is a politician, not a peace officer and I am sure he is beholden through various levers to the CBOS, DA, and other County and State bigwigs that can make his life Hell if he doesn't acquiesce to the orders that come down from above him. Who knows what Fryhoff would have done in the same position, we cannot say.

I don't think either are ideal or even close to it. I also predict Fryhoff will win BECAUSE of the organized crime-ridden Union backing and the media inundation but perhaps I will be wrong. We shall see.

Old 05-30-2022, 2:02 PM

Just went to VC defense and talked to one of the seemingly more knowledgeable guys there.

After what happened with the gun store closures,obviously they don't support Ayub.

They have an elect Fryhoff sign in the window.

Although he admits we could do alot worse than Ayub concerning CCW ,he said Ayub was just pretty much keeping the process as it was when he took over, as opposed to actually improving CCW rights and/or the process.

He said he had talked to Fryhoff about CCW, and Fryhoff was actually stronger on CCW. Including wanting to extend renewals from 2 years to five.

I sure wish his opinions on this were able to be found online, however.
Including this info.
I can't really find much.
Old 05-30-2022, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAD LAUNCHER View Post
Just went to VC defense and talked to one of the seemingly more knowledgeable guys there.

After what happened with the gun store closures,obviously they don't support Ayub.

They have an elect Fryhoff sign in the window.

Although he admits we could do alot worse than Ayub concerning CCW ,he said Ayub was just pretty much keeping the process as it was when he took over, as opposed to actually improving CCW rights and/or the process.

He said he had talked to Fryhoff about CCW, and Fryhoff was actually stronger on CCW. Including wanting to extend renewals from 2 years to five.

I sure wish his opinions on this were able to be found online, however.
Including this info.
I can't really find much.

Let me just state I am not against Fryoff. But I do know the union leaders are endorsing him and supporting him. That is very troubling. That’s all. I really don’t know anything else. But if union leaders like him, it raises a red flag. It raises a red flag for any elected position.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis
Old 05-30-2022, 2:14 PM
Pitbull Apologist
CGN Contributor

Hmmm. 5 yrs renewals saves my time and $$$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT762 View Post
Can I bring my Donkey? He loves Chunky Monkey.
Old 05-30-2022, 3:16 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDawgJJ View Post
Hmmm. 5 yrs renewals saves my time and $$$.
Look at PC 26220. https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=26220.

Sounds like Fryhoff doesn't know the State Law on this? Or he's just bull excrementing for votes?

Old 05-30-2022, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
Look at PC 26220. https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=26220.

Sounds like Fryhoff doesn't know the State Law on this? Or he's just bull excrementing for votes?
Possible. Again -I just heard this info from the guy at VC...

And can't find anything online from him so-maybe take that with a grain of salt.
Old 05-30-2022, 9:12 PM

Ayub came to do an active shooter drill following an incident at work were some brandished a pistol. He said “even if you have a CCW, don’t lock it in your car. Leave it at home”.

I do not trust Ayub or Fryoff,
Old 05-30-2022, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyday_hero View Post
Ayub came to do an active shooter drill following an incident at work were some brandished a pistol. He said “even if you have a CCW, don’t lock it in your car. Leave it at home”.

I do not trust Ayub or Fryoff,
I do have a sneaking suspicion that Ayub only allows CCW because that's what helped him get the job in the first place (he promised not to change it). He's being a politician. Unless there's an incident, I think he will retain CCW as is.

Ayub certainly is not a 2A advocate. Fryhoff might be more inclined to support CCW. But he's a politician too, so who knows? At best, I think they are both RINOS.

I honestly don't know who is better. Some are picking Ayub because he's the devil you know. Fryhoff is "sounding" more conservative but what does that ultimately mean?
Old 05-31-2022, 5:10 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

To give Ayub a small amount of credit, they did go to Permitium, an on-line application and renewal portal. That didn't happen on it's own. Ayub can say that under his watch, he did legitimately make an attempt to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the CCW application and renewal process.

I have not yet gone through it as my last renewal was in place before Permitium came on-line, but general feedback I have heard is that it is easier than the system that was in place, it cuts down on the number of trips to the Sheriff's office you must make and has to make the process more efficient internally for his staff. That is a legitimate improvement that Ayub was responsible for, at least as far as I know, not working for the Sheriff's office.

https://venturaca.permitium.com/ccw/start

Old 06-11-2022, 10:41 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

I called it, I predicted that Fryhoff would win because the Union got him elected. $159k on billboards and signs and $28k on negative mailers about Ayub all came from the Union coffers. If you are a politician, not always but often whoever can spend the most money wins and in this case, I believe Fryhoff won because of the Union. I personally think Unions are evil, anti-freedom, pro-Potato agenda, not to mention at at least their highest levels, organized crime ran or beholden to organized crime.

It will be interesting to see if Fryhoff follows through on his perceived 2A support, continues with CCW policy or improves it as he claimed he wanted to.

Old 06-23-2022, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
I called it, I predicted that Fryhoff would win because the Union got him elected. $159k on billboards and signs and $28k on negative mailers about Ayub all came from the Union coffers. If you are a politician, not always but often whoever can spend the most money wins and in this case, I believe Fryhoff won because of the Union. I personally think Unions are evil, anti-freedom, pro-Potato agenda, not to mention at at least their highest levels, organized crime ran or beholden to organized crime.

It will be interesting to see if Fryhoff follows through on his perceived 2A support, continues with CCW policy or improves it as he claimed he wanted to.

Fryhoff won’t switch his stance on CCW especially with todays SCOTUS ruling. But since he is beholden to the unions, expect him to ask for more funding for his deputies. That means more taxes.

I agree. Public unions are disgusting and quite frankly should be illegal.