Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2020, 4:10 PM

Default Springfield XD Backordered at Temecula...

Placed a deposit on a Springfield XD9 4" back on June 19th at Turner's in Temecula. It was backordered and the a manger told me they were filling backorders for the XD in about 2wks but he couldn't guarantee anything. Anyone who bought recently or ThatOneTurnersGuy know how long the backorder are taking right now? Haven't even started DROS yet since they can't until a handgun is available.

Last edited by DC, PA-C; 07-01-2020 at 4:11 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 07-01-2020, 4:47 PM

I placed a deposit on my Springfield 1911 loaded parkerized on May 25th. Got a call on June 25th to start my DROS. Id say roughly anywhere from a month to 6 weeks. Could be longer. I ordered arnd the time when everything was reopening during the virus and before the riots and the protests.
Old 07-01-2020, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar2000 View Post
I placed a deposit on my Springfield 1911 loaded parkerized on May 25th. Got a call on June 25th to start my DROS. Id say roughly anywhere from a month to 6 weeks. Could be longer. I ordered arnd the time when everything was reopening during the virus and before the riots and the protests.
Thanks for the info. One month wait sounds terrible, but could be worse, I guess. Hopefully it’s not longer than that for me. Good luck with the DROS. Hopefully it goes through smoothly for you and no more delays.
Old 07-02-2020, 8:05 AM

I’ve waited like three months for a Ruger 10/22 take down backpacker stainless model. That was like last October way back. Popular firearms are always out of stock. Once they come in stock its like there selling like hot cakes!. Just be patient. I’m surprised I got my 1911 quicker than usual. I was expecting to wait at least 4 to 6 months.
Old 07-02-2020, 9:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar2000 View Post
I’ve waited like three months for a Ruger 10/22 take down backpacker stainless model. That was like last October way back. Popular firearms are always out of stock. Once they come in stock its like there selling like hot cakes!. Just be patient. I’m surprised I got my 1911 quicker than usual. I was expecting to wait at least 4 to 6 months.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking 2-3mo at first, which is why I was honestly surprised when I called and he said they were rolling them out in about 2weeks. Been thinking of getting a Glock 21SF too, so thought of getting it PPT while I wait, but worried the XD will come in and I’ll be stuck in 30-day prison...
Old 07-02-2020, 12:55 PM

Yeap thats California for you
Old 07-03-2020, 6:36 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC, PA-C View Post
Placed a deposit on a Springfield XD9 4" back on June 19th at Turner's in Temecula. It was backordered and the a manger told me they were filling backorders for the XD in about 2wks but he couldn't guarantee anything. Anyone who bought recently or ThatOneTurnersGuy know how long the backorder are taking right now? Haven't even started DROS yet since they can't until a handgun is available.
So as I'm sure you guys all know there is a surge in buying right now. That being said we always have open orders in with all the major mfgs and distributors. However, there is far more gun orders coming in than guns available. We do have shipments coming in daily and with the XDs specifically I've heard we have a few hundred coming in within the next few days and caught up on most of the XD9 orders within the next two weeks. Of course if you place your order today and with the amount of new deposits each day those time frames likely wont pertain to that new order but of course we will have more coming in after that.

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill | Temecula
| Torrance | Victorville | West Covina | Salinas | Sacramento | Fresno | Modesto | Roseville | Stockton | Santa Clarita | Fresno |Bakersfield| West Bakersfield | Palm Desert | Tucson|

33 Throughout California
Store Location Info
Our Weekly Ad
Join our e-mail list!
Old 07-03-2020, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneTurnersGuy View Post
So as I'm sure you guys all know there is a surge in buying right now. That being said we always have open orders in with all the major mfgs and distributors. However, there is far more gun orders coming in than guns available. We do have shipments coming in daily and with the XDs specifically I've heard we have a few hundred coming in within the next few days and caught up on most of the XD9 orders within the next two weeks. Of course if you place your order today and with the amount of new deposits each day those time frames likely wont pertain to that new order but of course we will have more coming in after that.
Thanks for the info! And UPDATE: I got a call last night from Turner’s that my XD is in. I have an appt this morning to begin my DROS. So glad it took such a short time to come in (13days after placing deposit). Hopefully bring it home within 2wks

Last edited by DC, PA-C; 07-05-2020 at 11:08 AM..