Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: With the latest 1/22/2022 Front Sight Restructuring, are you going to:
Stay on as a member and pay all the new fees 6 3.85%
Let my membership lapse and do nothing else. 72 46.15%
Join a class action lawsuit against Front Sight 66 42.31%
Other: explain what you are doing in a post 12 7.69%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2022, 6:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post
Thank you! It worked I can see, prove what was taken.
I already had a copy but yes it worked great!
Old 01-26-2022, 6:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dmaster View Post
I was on this forum for years about 4 years ago. I only bought a original $3400 membership that would include your wife for free. I resisted all his offers for almost 20 years. I was berated and made fun of by people on this forum every time I posted and was even referred to as 5 o clock Charley like on Mash as I came one every week like clock work. I really feel sorry for the money that was stolen from you. I was there and needed a qualification once for Utah permit to carry usually a simple deal find a instructor go to a open range at noon and done. No one would help me. Finally I was told that no one wanted to work extra until front site paid them. They were 3 weeks behind in pay roll. I asked how often does this happen they said they are always behind a week or so. Pizzo lived a high roller life hob knobbing with the high society while not paying his employees even close to on time. Many of you reading this were or are instructors there I could tell by your relentless defending of him. He got every one who gave him one dime beyond the basic member ship. I do not believe one thing that comes from his mouth. He has to live with the fact that now the world knows what a P.O.S he really is. Its not speculation any more its the truth. When a man dies all he can hope for is that he leaves a legacy of being a good person, no one will ever say that about Pizzo. He has million dollar homes built on the back of his members and staff. I got my money's worth I was there dozens of times for $3400 and I have a gun business and was able to right off the cost of the membership as I am an instructor so needed the training. Other were not so lucky. When a deal seems to good it always is!
You’re a firearms instructor? Which one is your school?

Many of us feel the same way, it’s a business model that seemed impossible to sustain. We tried to flesh it out by calculating the brass he was making off us, etc.

Who knows where this bus is taking us now. I have chosen to ride on it up to this point, and it seems to take it closer to my destination, but soon I’ll have to make the decision to disembark.

The bus seemed to be in good shape and rode well, but now all eyes are on the driver…

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 01-26-2022, 7:11 AM

reply to the restructuring emails:
Very disappointed that you now hold our assets hostage in order to receive 500-600 per year in guaranteed sales.
That is what it boils down to.
Then you blamed the members for causing the restructuring.
Regardless of what was said about not intending that, it is what happened.
The FS$ is really like a gift card from Walmart, except Walmart lets you choose the amount, and they have good values.
So even if the pro shop was fully stocked which has not been the case in my past 3 visits, and the ammo was in stock. The inflated prices charged cuts the value in half.
Where I have 9mm ammo that was obtained for .20 a round or less the bunker will charge well over .50, on top of that the bunker limit the purchases to the amount needed for the course signed up for.
Since the FS$ is only usable at Front Sight, like the credit had been in the past, I’m sure you will have limited desirable items on hand thereby limiting the amount of your cost (FS$ redemptions) that you have to do.
It is perfect from your standpoint. You get cash then decide how much you want to keep and how much goes out in redemption costs.
Those reasons coupled with the broken contracts that this “restructuring,” represents leave me no choice but to not throw good money after bad.
I hope you and both suckers you are able to convince enjoy your empty ranges until the final restructuring imposed by bankruptcy.
Old 01-26-2022, 7:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
You’re a firearms instructor? Which one is your school?

Many of us feel the same way, it’s a business model that seemed impossible to sustain. We tried to flesh it out by calculating the brass he was making off us, etc.

Who knows where this bus is taking us now. I have chosen to ride on it up to this point, and it seems to take it closer to my destination, but soon I’ll have to make the decision to disembark.

The bus seemed to be in good shape and rode well, but now all eyes are on the driver…
I have a small training business just me!
Old 01-26-2022, 7:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr View Post
LOl be sure to find the emails where he stated FS was fully funded and he was turning it over to the founders i thought this year
^^^this.
Go all the way back. Guardian membership. I believe that was the first that added all the crap about turning over FS. That membership was the guardian of FS and would run it when he was done building the "new" FS resort. I bought that back in 2013 as an upgrade from my ambassador membership. It was like 199.

Then a whole bunch of memberships offered until we got to the condo's / timeshares. That was the Heritage. You could pass down to your family and would be the one that he would safely turn over when done...again.
Old 01-26-2022, 7:36 AM

I think the point right now is for him to raise enough cash to pay his property taxes, which someone said in a post, or I maybe saw on FB were in default. Also, the lien on the title for the residential construction (Brad's house?) for not paying the construction contractor. Then the employees.

If you go back to FS training 1000 people a day. Let's say they are training 300 or so. At $75/day in new fees, that's 22,500/day in revenue from that. Forget about all the other possible revenue he may get from Ammo, etc.

Hard to see how he can get out of the hole with a profit of maybe 5k a day?
Old 01-26-2022, 7:45 AM

Default what has been done to the property besides the ranges.

Has anything been done on the campgrounds, or anything besides the ranges and area?
Old 01-26-2022, 7:47 AM

Well, there's been a lot of people talking about leaving FS and suing and such, but here's the real question I would like to post to the group....

Where to next? Who has experience at Gunsite? Or Thunder Ranch? Where are the good classes that won't break the bank?
Old 01-26-2022, 7:57 AM

I have been to Gunsite, they do not do the old style Weaver shooting stance FS does, they basically let you do what you want. No stupid after action drills that no one else anywhere does. Three instructors at least on the range usually more, can pick up your brass and use your own ammo. Order food to be delivered at a reasonable price. The big deal is they do not train teen agers or all of their instructors. Gunsite instructors are all special ops or retired military and or retired law enforcement no kids teaching you. After covid settles down I am going back asap. Iggy Pizza was graduate of Gunsite they trained him he got the idea from Gunsite.

Last edited by w00dmaster; 01-26-2022 at 7:59 AM..
Old 01-26-2022, 8:36 AM
Veteran Member

I’m going to be attending more Tactical Performance Center classes and tactical Hyve. Both have been great. Loved taking the force on force class at tactical Hyve. Will be looking at Assualt dynamics also.
Old 01-26-2022, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunnr View Post
Just added more links to the 2nd post of this thread that includes all the Skills Test and Dry Practice Manuals.
Thank you for this.
Dr. P screwed the pooch. I'll miss FS as a destination for fun with family and friends. The one thing it had going for it is convenience although the upper level classes seemed to be offered less and less. There are plenty of training opportunities outside of FS. Modern Samurai Project, Kyle Defoor, Sentinel Concepts, Tim Herron to name a few in addition to Gunsite and Thunder Ranch (pricey). I am guessing many carry AIWB, carry with handgun optics, etc. These instructors drill down on this. It's the availability that is the challenge.
JMO, but FS was starting to fall behind regarding optics on handguns. I've run them for a few years now and most instructors had little knowledge of employing them on a handgun or if they did, would not go there.
Old 01-26-2022, 9:13 AM

Default Frontsight Class Action

Why would anyone throw away $500 for a year of paying $75 + FS Ammo fees per day and it will most likely go belly up within 6 months or less? It’s just his way of swindling you out of $$$ before he closes up.

As others have stated, I dont think most would have had a problem with a small monthly fee to keep the place going, but this extreme action will definitely shut the place down. Who is gonna open a smaller place next door to put the final nail in Piazza’s coffin?
Old 01-26-2022, 9:36 AM
Veteran Member

Thunder Ranch has been conducting classes out there at a different location. Would be awesome if they bought Front Sight and set up shop there and just kept it a place to train with no promises of a resort, hotels, blah, blah, blah. Just good, solid training.

Apparently Piazza bought that land a while ago, all 517 acres or however much it is for $180k. Land was owned by a chemical company that used to mine diatomaceous earth there for filters. Piazza found it sorting through county records and contacted the company that owned it. They didn't even realize they owned the property, so they sold it to him for a song. He's already put in the work to get the access road put along with the sewer, water, electric, ranges and bays, etc. All it would need it a decent, honest person to run the place.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:13 AM

The ultimate tool behavior. The new awesome offer from the good Dr. Since FS is no longer selling memberships, if someone wants to buy one, he is going to send them to us. We can then sell one of our TBD's to this potential member. We get to keep the money, THEN, the new guy pays the 1k transfer fee to FS and all the other fees. I am sure that is going to work out well.

here is the snip from the email
================
UPDATE: Front Sight is now going to direct potential new member sales to YOU.
Yes, its true. As I state in www.FrontSight.com/Restructure Front Sight is no longer going to actively and aggressively market the sale of our memberships. The four levels of memberships we offer will be listed on our website so potential members can see the benefits and terms of what each membership offers and they could purchase from us, but we are going to list on the membership page, "For special pricing on this membership, enter your zipcode and you will be directed to a Front Sight Member near you, who holds Front Sight memberships, and is authorized to transfer one to you at a significantly reduced price." When the potential new member enters their zipcode, the first name and email of the Front Sight member, who wants to participate in selling their "To Be Determined" memberships I have given them over the years, and lives closest to the new potential member, will be provided to the potential new member. The new potential member will then contact the Front Sight member via email and the Front Sight member takes it from there by sharing their experience of attending Front Sight courses and offers the potential new member, one of their "To Be Determined" memberships for purchase at whatever price our member wants to sell the membership for and keeps all the money. The new member then pays the transfer fee and membership maintenance fee to Front Sight and starts scheduling courses
Old 01-26-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooterjim View Post
Where to next? Who has experience at Gunsite? Or Thunder Ranch? Where are the good classes that won't break the bank?
The country's best training isn't happening at these legacy facilities. It's happening at your local gun club. The traveling instructors come to your area, you sign up for a 2 day class. You don't have to join a membership, they're not selling you dreams of a condo, hotel or name on a monument. You pay their $250-$300 per day tuition, you show up, they teach you, you leave. End of business agreement.

The famous former Gunsite instructor Ken Hackathorn said that often military or police courses would cram 2 days of instruction into 5 days.

The traveling instructors, whether they're world champion competition shooters or former Delta/Seal Team 6 guys, can teach you more in less time because they wrote the curriculum, they're more experienced than your Front Sight/legacy academy instructors, and there are less students in each class.

https://presscheckconsulting.com/class-calendar

https://sobtactical.com/classes/

https://shivworks.com/calendar/

https://defoor-proformance-shooting....ollections/all

https://www.ctt-solutions.com/classes

https://www.hadesunleashed.com/courses

http://www.vogeldynamics.com/training/

https://www.frankproctorshooting.com...arbine-option/

Last edited by mitori; 01-26-2022 at 10:26 AM..
Old 01-26-2022, 11:00 AM

To: Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute
#1 Front Sight Road
Pahrump, NV 89061
https://www.frontsight.com
info@frontsight.com

Re: Restructuring Front Sight

Dear Sir,

In the words of World War II General Anthony McAuliffe:

“Nuts!”

I do not recognize your attempts to unilaterally restructure my contract rights and privileges.

Regards,

ARFrog
Old 01-26-2022, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Well, I was hoping for one last hurrah... Maybe to get more value of what I paid into. Alas!!! Throwing good money into bad never really turns out OK.

So... I was able to connect to the Ammo Bunker to check on ammo. And yes, as per Iggy's email - it is $24.50 (50s of 9s) and $15.75 (20s of 223s). Why do I need to pay these overpriced ammo when I already have my own stash for far cheap?!? ... Thus, I wrote to FS to refund whatever you promised (point #8 in all of Iggy's spam) - yeah, they did refund it! As FS Coins which the Ammo Bunker does not accept.

Again - not wanting to throw more good money into a bad situation, I am canceling my Private. Screw their cancelation fees (which I am not aware of, anyway)... So much for taking my first (and last) stab at HCM. Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitori View Post
The famous former Gunsite instructor Ken Hackathorn said that often military or police courses would cram 2 days of instruction into 5 days.
A few days' back... A drill that I haven't done in a LONG LONG time. One of Ken's staple, the "Test," the 10-10-10 drill.

*ugh* I could have done better if my shot timer didn't beep just TOO early and I got flustered.

Frank and Bob travel a lot to SoCal... Bob just had his class at CTA two weekends back.

That said - there is a Haley class in Bakersfield in May. Unfortunately I already have scheduled a 2-day class with Max Joseph (TFTT-DAG) that same week.

What I am looking forward to is the 3-day combo of Leatham/Vickers, which usually got rescheduled/canceled twice already (Vickers' health?).

_
Old 01-26-2022, 11:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

After taking other schools’ classes, one thing becomes obvious to me. Either they’re focused on the very beginner and will not go past the static shooting from the line, or they briefly go over the basics and move on to the more fun activities to keep the mid level shooter entertained, leaving the newbie in the dust struggling with loading, grip and stance, etc., who in turn slows down the entire class if the instructor chooses to bring him up to speed.

Some schools require completion of basic courses before a higher level course, but not all of them do that. Even then, there often isn’t any proof of proficiency required. But I guess if it costs students $1K+, it’s not in your economic interests to do so.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:48 AM

https://www.frontsight.com/restructure/
Old 01-26-2022, 12:09 PM

For the love of Xenu, Ignatius gone plum crazy.

He's now going to send prospective members to us for recruitment?

So you can sell "To be determined" memberships and keep the money minus the $1000 transfer fee.

Then when they change the deal, my friends in the pyram- I mean "funnel", can come after me!

Doctor, heal thyself!

Quote:
UPDATE: Front Sight is now going to direct potential new member sales to YOU.

Yes, its true. As I state in www.FrontSight.com/Restructure Front Sight is no longer going to actively and aggressively market the sale of our memberships. The four levels of memberships we offer will be listed on our website so potential members can see the benefits and terms of what each membership offers and they could purchase from us, but we are going to list on the membership page, "For special pricing on this membership, enter your zipcode and you will be directed to a Front Sight Member near you, who holds Front Sight memberships, and is authorized to transfer one to you at a significantly reduced price." When the potential new member enters their zipcode, the first name and email of the Front Sight member, who wants to participate in selling their "To Be Determined" memberships I have given them over the years, and lives closest to the new potential member, will be provided to the potential new member. The new potential member will then contact the Front Sight member via email and the Front Sight member takes it from there by sharing their experience of attending Front Sight courses and offers the potential new member, one of their "To Be Determined" memberships for purchase at whatever price our member wants to sell the membership for and keeps all the money. The new member then pays the transfer fee and membership maintenance fee to Front Sight and starts scheduling courses.

In addition, our video marketing funnel, which has had over 30,000 people take advantage of a free course with Front Sight, was paused after December 31, 2022. It will now be edited to reflect the changes from the restructure. As part of the new marketing funnel, after accepting the free course, the potential new member will receive the same opportunity to reach out to a Front Sight member near them for a membership at a significantly reduced price. We will market the free course marketing funnel as we have in the past, but instead of selling memberships through it, we will direct all potential membership sales to our loyal and supportive Front Sight members so they make all the money from the sales of the "To Be Determined" Memberships I have given them over the years.

This program is an AMAZING opportunity for you to simply sit back and have Front Sight's marketing direct potential new members to you with no effort on your part other than answering their email and having an email chat with them. Of course, because they are from your local area, I'm sure they will also become friends and shooting buddies with you. If you are like many of our members who bring large groups to Front Sight every year, these new members will fit right in with your group.

We are working on updating the marketing funnel as I write this and will begin creating a completely new, updated FrontSight.com website as we complete Front Sight's restructure.

I hope you see that this yet another positive change for all our loyal and supportive members made possible through Front Sight's restructure. Thank you for your continued, loyal support of the greatest firearms training organization and firearms training facility in the world. If you have not yet done so, please pay your Membership Maintenance Fee today so you too can continue with Front Sight as a loyal and supportive member.
On the other hand, I will call it even if they can get me tactical carbine training with Instructor Lovie Malespin . I think California Tactical Academy actually hosted her before the Rona plague.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKcmpTwMcY4

Last edited by PogoJack; 01-26-2022 at 12:16 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
After taking other schools’ classes, one thing becomes obvious to me. Either they’re focused on the very beginner and will not go past the static shooting from the line, or they briefly go over the basics and move on to the more fun activities to keep the mid level shooter entertained, leaving the newbie in the dust struggling with loading, grip and stance, etc., who in turn slows down the entire class if the instructor chooses to bring him up to speed.

Some schools require completion of basic courses before a higher level course, but not all of them do that. Even then, there often isn’t any proof of proficiency required. But I guess if it costs students $1K+, it’s not in your economic interests to do so.
That is what I like about Front Sight - you are not allowed to go to the next progression without meeting a certain standard. I have been part of supposedly advanced classes but things slow down (they take away from the curriculum) because of lower level shooters. That said - most of these classes are the defensive/tactical variety... I had one advanced class where I felt we wasted a good hour going through malfunctions because half couldn't effectively perform a clearance, much less, on demand (the student pauses... lost on what to do next... and looks at the instructor...)...

That said - classes by the more experienced/skilled instructors are able to work the difficulty of the class as part of the registration. Say, pass a certain drill and/or have a certain class in the shooting sports. I found out that some schools will set the student aside and/or be sent back with a class credit until they are up to par.

_
Old 01-26-2022, 12:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Yeah, LOL at the new FrontSight marketing 'funnel'.

Funnel... Like an inverse pyramid...

Reminds me of the Always Sunny selling Invigoron berries.

At least now he's not trying to hide his pyramid scheme MLM.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:27 PM

Its clear with the new announcement and the requirement to carry insurance on your self that FS most likely has very little liability insurance now. So forbid you have a accident that hurts someone you are going to be gone after and most likely from site will as well.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=rodralig;26582430]That is what I like about Front Sight - you are not allowed to go to the next progression without meeting a certain standard. I have been part of supposedly advanced classes but things slow down (they take away from the curriculum) because of lower level shooters. That said - most of these classes are the defensive/tactical variety... I had one advanced class where I felt we wasted a good hour going through malfunctions because half couldn't effectively perform a clearance, much less, on demand (the student pauses... lost on what to do next... and looks at the instructor...)...

That said - classes by the more experienced/skilled instructors are able to work the difficulty of the class as part of the registration. Say, pass a certain drill and/or have a certain class in the shooting sports. I found out that some schools will set the student aside and/or be sent back with a class credit until they are up to par. .

Not being able to advance should not be because you stepped right instead of left in a after action drill. Those things you can perfect at home. Simply do away with that and concentrate on shooting and and things you can't do at home. I think its ok to segregate the real newbies but I saw people who were better shooters than me fail to go on because they did not do a after action drill in the right order. Gun site does not have any of the crap.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Not being able to advance should not be because you stepped right instead of left in a after action drill. Those things you can perfect at home. Simply do away with that and concentrate on shooting and and things you can't do at home. I think its ok to segregate the real newbies but I saw people who were better shooters than me fail to go on because they did not do a after action drill in the right order. Gun site does not have any of the crap.
I don't know which criteria are your referring to, but the test to progress through THG and ATHG is all about shooting. There are no points deducted nor added for an after action drill... Heck! I didn't even use Weaver and got through...

_
Old 01-26-2022, 1:24 PM

Well last time I was there they did deduct points for not completing the after action drills perfectly when testing at the end? Was that dropped? Until you go some where else you have nothing to compare it to so the point is moot. I have been to Gun Site and others besides FS.
Old 01-26-2022, 1:46 PM

Did we do this one yet?

https://pvtimes.com/news/mega-gun-ra...embers-108083/
Old 01-26-2022, 1:48 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Well last time I was there they did deduct points for not completing the after action drills perfectly when testing at the end? Was that dropped? Until you go some where else you have nothing to compare it to so the point is moot. I have been to Gun Site and others besides FS.
Hhhhmmmm... You have been posting all over ever since this FS blew over... I wonder what your intent really is... Trolling perhaps? To gloat? But then again, this is not the point of this conversation, right?

Anyways, just like you - I have also gone to other schools aside from FS. There are schools that require a level of shooting proficiency before being allowed to more advanced classes, and there are those that do not. At least maybe Dec 2018 when I took the test - FS was one of the former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.j. View Post
Yeah... That article is all over, at least, three (3) Facebook groups.

_

Last edited by rodralig; 01-26-2022 at 1:51 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 2:23 PM

I have asked 3 times if anyone can say how much was really done as far as the camp grounds and all? No one has answered Some one must have been there in the las 3 years? If nothing was done and it started over 12 years ago, at least the camp grounds that is. That should have been a sign he was lying. All he expanded was his capability to get more people through (Ponzi) and that was obvious. That being said it had to crash. I am glad to see people are not going to try to save their lifetimes by sending more money to this thief. No one signed anything so I doubt any one will have any recourse.
Old 01-26-2022, 2:31 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Just put wOOdy on your Ignore List and you will be much happier. He does not add any value to the discussion.
Old 01-26-2022, 2:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoJack View Post
For the love of Xenu, Ignatius gone plum crazy.

He's now going to send prospective members to us for recruitment?

So you can sell "To be determined" memberships and keep the money minus the $1000 transfer fee.

Then when they change the deal, my friends in the pyram- I mean "funnel", can come after me!

Doctor, heal thyself!

On the other hand, I will call it even if they can get me tactical carbine training with Instructor Lovie Malespin . I think California Tactical Academy actually hosted her before the Rona plague.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKcmpTwMcY4

That isn’t going to work out well after the restructuring! I mean, if I got a call from someone looking for a membership I doubt they’re going to want to sign up after talking to me.
Old 01-26-2022, 2:49 PM

https://law.justia.com/cases/califor...0/d076183.html

I believe this is the lawsuit he was referring to in the email
Old 01-26-2022, 3:05 PM

Yes, w00dy is best when ignored.
Old 01-26-2022, 3:51 PM

Take a class from any of the instructors I listed in my previous post, and you'll barely be able to keep your head above water.

Quote:

Old 01-26-2022, 3:58 PM

w00dy,

No, Iggy has done nothing but, build a few more ranges. No hotels, no houses, no nothing. Just a few more ranges and totally shut down the use of the two canyons.

Cheers.
Old 01-26-2022, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
That is what I like about Front Sight - you are not allowed to go to the next progression without meeting a certain standard. I have been part of supposedly advanced classes but things slow down (they take away from the curriculum) because of lower level shooters.

*snip*

I found out that some schools will set the student aside and/or be sent back with a class credit until they are up to par.
_
When I took a HGSB course with my Shield the kid on the line next to me was quicker than me on the draw the whole time, but couldn't actually hit the target at all. The last mistake I saw him make was reholstering with his finger on the trigger; no the gun did not go off but in a strong tone I told him "you just shot your foot off". The next thing I remember was he was at the end of the line working 1-on-1 with an instructor with his turning-target disabled.

R.I.P. FS memories :*(
Old 01-26-2022, 5:19 PM

I am just asking questions and making observations. I was saying that every one who is giving him more money is a fool and you guys did not want to hear it back then and apparently not now either. No reason to call me names I was right if I was wrong then I could see you calling me names. You can wipe your asses with your life time memberships as I said eventually happen.
Old 01-26-2022, 5:23 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
When I took a HGSB course with my Shield the kid on the line next to me was quicker than me on the draw the whole time, but couldn't actually hit the target at all. The last mistake I saw him make was reholstering with his finger on the trigger; no the gun did not go off but in a strong tone I told him "you just shot your foot off". The next thing I remember was he was at the end of the line working 1-on-1 with an instructor with his turning-target disabled.

R.I.P. FS memories :*(
A memory of Front Sight that particular sticks out was in THG.

Early on in day #1 during the 2nd relay when it was my time to take a break (no, I had no partner to look at) - guys a few targets out from my right just wildly taped over my as if it were shot up by a scatter gun. I was like "WTF" i my mind and I looked at the person beside and asked, "Did you see that? What the hell was that?" He was confused as well and simply responded, "I think you have a nice and clean target." Yeah, I was shooting tight groups at the center of the thoracic cavity.

Oh well... Let us say that they did not do it again after the lunch when the targets got refreshed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunnr View Post
Just put wOOdy on your Ignore List and you will be much happier. He does not add any value to the discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelciocc View Post
Yes, w00dy is best when ignored.
Done. I guess I wasn't the only one...

_

Last edited by rodralig; 01-26-2022 at 5:26 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 5:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
A memory of Front Sight that particular sticks out was in THG.

Early on in day #1 during the 2nd relay when it was my time to take a break (no, I had no partner to look at) - guys a few targets out from my right just wildly taped over my as if it were shot up by a scatter gun. I was like "WTF" i my mind and I looked at the person beside and asked, "Did you see that? What the hell was that?" He was confused as well and simply responded, "I think you have a nice and clean target." Yeah, I was shooting tight groups at the center of the thoracic cavity.

Oh well... Let us say that they did not do it again after the lunch when the targets got refreshed...

Done. I guess I wasn't the only one...

_

I shot the railroad ties once and put a piece of tape over it and the Range Master and staff cracked up.

My first trip out there eI missed the target completely and the Range Master asked me what I was aiming at. I told him I was aiming at the clouds.

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 01-26-2022 at 5:29 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 5:31 PM

Has anyone figured out what good “coins” do? Iggy says they are valued at $100 but you can’t spend them?