Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:16 PM

Default Possibly moving back to CA from OR

Ive been tasting the freedom living in Oregon for the last 2 years. I feel like my time might be coming to an end up heresince I am almost done with school up here. Theres a possibility I might move back to CA. Ive bought quite a bit of guns since being up here.....

Is there any up to date page about moving into CA with firearms?

IS there anyway legally to bring into CA AR Pistols or AK pistols with an arm brace? or without an arm brace ? Ive been reading something about a patriot mag release for the AR or a Maglatch for the AK?

Are featureless semi-auto rifles still a thing?

Sorry tons of laws have passed from what ive heard since 2017 when I left. So Im a total noob at this again

thanks
Old 04-14-2019, 11:42 PM

Get the ar and ak compmag since maglocking is the only way to bring the ar and ak pistols here legally
https://www.compmag.net

And rifles have to be featureless (pinned stock, fin grip on pistol grip, no pistol grips upfront only angled grips, no flashhiders, rifle must be 30in overall length) or you can maglock them so you can have all your "evil" features

Bring as many off rosters as you can but dont bring the whatever off rosters. Bring back sig p365, glock gen 5, cz shadow 2, beretta m9a3, sig p320, sti 2011, glock 43x, glock 48, glock 45 basically all the cool stuff people actually want
Old 04-14-2019, 11:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

First ask yourself if California is really worth coming back to.
Seriously
Do you have lots of family you want to be close to?
Like you said, tons of laws have been passed and featureless may be your only option. I hated mag-loks which is the other option.
Anyway, Jobs can be found anywhere
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:00 AM

Mandingo27- thanks for the heads up for the CompMag. That looks like the best bet. Kinda makes it like loading an sks without the stripper clips.

I already acquired a liohonheart lh9, Glock 43, an early Glock 19 gen 5 (wish I had waited for the MOS version...) Walther pps m2, Walther ppq m2 , ruger lcp 2, 10.5 ar pistol build and a ďfull sizeĒ Draco pistol. Hopefully can add a p320, ruger mark 4 and some kinda CZ (thinking a P07 or sp01 tactical- the striker stuff from them Iíve been so so on) before the move. I know I probably could make some money selling stuff but this is all for my personal collection.

GW - almost all my family is down in the Bay Area. Oregon is possibly getting a crap ton of new Gun laws sooon. They are in this yearís session with our state legislature :/
Old 04-15-2019, 5:59 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Seriously
Like you said, tons of laws have been passed and featureless may be your only option. I hated mag-loks which is the other option.
I second this
There is so much outside of Cali that freedom offers. Guns are just a small small part of a much larger picture

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 04-15-2019, 6:23 AM

Zulu, since you appear to have the option to move almost anywhere, I agree with those who say move to a place where your freedoms are real; lower taxes, less expensive housing, lower cost of living, etc..

There are quite a few folks here who have made the break out of CA. Think about a few states you would like to move to and then post a new thread in Off Topic and ask questions.

I wish you well.
-P
Old 04-15-2019, 6:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Idaho is close

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ĎI canít wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!í

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 04-15-2019, 6:42 AM

OP said he was going to school in Oregon. OP did you cut all ties to CA when you went up there for school. If you didnít and are still considered a CA resident, then you canít legally bring back the off rosters. You will need to transfer then to you through a CA FFL and they would need to be on roster to do that. I forget the penal code section, but there have been many threads on this. Just an FYI.
Old 04-15-2019, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddytguns View Post
OP said he was going to school in Oregon. OP did you cut all ties to CA when you went up there for school. If you didnít and are still considered a CA resident, then you canít legally bring back the off rosters. You will need to transfer then to you through a CA FFL and they would need to be on roster to do that. I forget the penal code section, but there have been many threads on this. Just an FYI.
I have a oregon drivers license for over a year. I have my car registered in oregon. I have my w2 in oregon at my place in oregon. I am just about to do jury duty in oregon. Pretty sure Im not considered a california resident anymore lol
Old 04-16-2019, 9:17 PM

Location: Up in the hills, above the beach in the foggy redwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Seriously

OP, you may not want to return to California since we now have Grab'em Gruesome as our new Governor! Plus the $4.00+ per gallon gas prices, and the latest laws outlawing personal use plastic containers of shampoo, banning plastic straws, and such nonsense that are coming out of Excremento. Does the County that you are considering to move to in California near the Bay Area issue a CCW License?

I understand your concern about the weird 'gun' laws being proposed out of Salem with your new left wing Governor. This is since I live 90 miles South of 'Ory-Gun' and have my OR Non-Resident CHL for those trips North of the border, to the land of lower fuel prices, no sales taxes, and the ability of not having to be in California PC mode 24/ 7 - 365 days a year...
Old 04-17-2019, 12:39 AM

Premium fuel today is 2.99 in Bullhead. Fuel will go back down after bike week. Just one of the things about living in a vacation/tourist destination area.

I agree with everyone else absolutely don’t return to Commiefornia. All you will do is feed the beast money. Rather than letting it kill itself from within.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member

I moved to Oregon 4 years ago. (Retired)
All of my children and grand children live in Southern CA.
Every time I visit there just re-affirms my decision to NEVER move back.
I'm building a sanctuary for my children here when things fall apart there. 3500 sq. ft. log home on 20 acres of pine forest; off-grid.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Calguns Addict

If youre gonna come back. Just come back and don't talk about what you got. Get some cool guns before you do though.
Old 04-17-2019, 6:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Come back here?

You serious?🤣
Old 04-17-2019, 6:46 PM

Hypothetically, what the crime or punishment if op brings an off roster?
Old 04-17-2019, 7:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelholder View Post
None
Old 04-17-2019, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhandmike View Post
None
Seriously? So what's the incentive to register etc?
Old 04-17-2019, 9:56 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelholder View Post
For new residents of CA...
If they bring it to CA with the intent to keep [PC 17000(a)(7)], then it's legal, as long as it's reported [PC 27560(a)(1)].
If they bring it to CA with the intent to sell, then it's illegal (misdemeanor). [PC 32000(a)]
If they fail to report all the firearms they brought to CA after 60 days [PC 27560(a)(1)], then it's illegal (misdemeanor) [PC 27590(a)].
^However, there is no penalty for reporting after the 60 day window has expired. So, long as they are reported. [PC 27570]

For CA residents...
If they bring it to CA without using a CA FFL dealer [PC 27585(a)], then it's illegal (felony) [PC 27590(c)(7)].

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.Ē - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).