Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

View Poll Results: Do You Want One More 2013 CGSSA VC Reloading Clinic
Yes, if you hold another reloading clinic in November/December 2013, I am in 10 47.62%
No, I think the holiday season will be too busy to hold another reloading clinic 0 0%
I would participate in a low cost brass prep clinic before the end of the year 2 9.52%
Alright, just settle down, have your next event in January 2014 9 42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2013, 10:50 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Default *Ventura County Reloading Club-First Class of 2016 Date Change!

From now on, all news for the Ventura County Reloading Club will be contained in this thread, we are closing the old thread.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Capybara; 03-13-2016 at 6:40 AM..
Old 08-30-2013, 10:50 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

We would like to announce the first quarterly Ventura County Reloading Club Meet and Greet.

Date: Sunday, September 22, 2013
2390 Las Posas Rd, Camarillo, CA 93010
Phone: (805) 987-1990
Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM

Purpose: For participants, members and the leadership of the VC Reloading Club to put a face with a name, shake hands, hoist some beer, eat some pizza and discuss the goals, requests and ideas for the VC Reloading Club.

This will be a social event, loose schedule but it will begin at 6:30 PM, we will have some open discussions between everyone. We will share our ideas that were discussed at our first strategy meeting and we would very much like to hear input and ideas for the club from you! There is an ambitious game plan for the club, by this time next year, we would like to have all of our own reloading gear and supplies, hold reloading clinics monthly, we have group buys, great reloading instructors and helpers. Reloading is fun, interesting, a great way to gain knowledge about what you shoot and how to improve it. If you are new to reloading, we would especially like to have you come to this meet and greet and if you would like to help us out with instruction, informational seminars, connections within the reloading industry, we would like to hear from you too.

We know that not everyone will be able to make it to this meeting but for those who can join us, it will be a worthwhile evening of fun and discussion about where we want to take the Ventura Reloading Club. If you are planning on attending, please sign up by posting your CG Name in this thread below (I will append this post with who all who are attending) and if you are attending solo or will be bringing a friend or family member so we have a rough head count for how much space we will need at Me and Eds.

If you are a maybe, no need to post, just show up.

Thanks,

The Ventura County Reloading Club Team

Attendees:
Capybara
JJ805
Stardunk
FlyingMunkey
Tripeaks69
RedMonkey
Burbur
Beersrus

Last edited by Capybara; 12-20-2013 at 4:40 PM..
Old 08-30-2013, 10:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hurray.
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:51 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

We would like to announce the next Ventura County Reloading Clinic

Date: Sunday, October 13, 2013
Location: The Secret VC Reloading Facility, Camarillo, CA 93010
Time: 9:00 AM to whenever we are finished (mid afternoon probably)

Purpose: For participants, members and the leadership of the VC Reloading Club to learn how to reload in a hands on educational environment and to have some fun.

Donation to participate/cover reloading supplies: $50.00
Donation for membership in Ventura County Reloading Club: $20.00
Membership will have its privileges including discounts on future clinics, reloading educational seminars, group reloading supply buys, etc. You must bring cash only to the reloading clinic, we are not setup to take donations by credit card or check.

Class will start at 9am and Instructors should arrive at 8am to set up. Sign up here in the thread and PM me your calgun's name, real name, what cartridge you want to load and if you have any equipment or experience. The donation will be $20 for a year's Reloading Club dues, $50 for the class, some form of lunch and components for 40 rounds of .223, 20 rounds of bottle necked large caliber rifle (.308/.30-06) cartridges or 50 rounds of straight walled pistol cartridges. We are limited to the dies we have and components, so "normal" calibers will be better to work with than 9x18 Mak or .338 Lapua.This assumes that we have the components and dies for your cartridge of choice. If not, provide a second choice. The address will be sent out to those who have committed to come just prior to the event. There is only room for 12 students so sign up asap or wait until the next one. Once the first 12 students have signed up, we will also have a sub list in case people don't show up. If all twelve students do show up, as a sub, you are still welcome to observe and learn. The donation for a sub/observer will be a $10.00 to cover lunch.

***IMPORTANT ADDITION***Edited 092613 - new rules below.
ID will be required. Must be 18 years old or must be 21 to load Pistol ammo unless with a parent.
Just to clarify, this rule, because of insurance requirements, means NO children may attend, NO pets may attend, NO concealed carry!
NO observers, friends, acquaintances, hangers on, groupies, various misc. people who are not signed up. Every person attending must be on the sign up list and if not reloading, we will need a donation of $10.00 to cover lunch costs.

We also need at least 4 instructors (certified or just experienced reloaders) to come help.

Students:
Red Monkey 9mm .223/5.56
RichN .45 ACP .30-06
Beersrus 5.56/.223
Flyingmunkey .40S&W .223/5.56
GeneralSMK .40S&W 9mm
Giant Steps 9mm .308
David P. 9mm .223
Maxmal7 9mm .45 ACP
Steve G .45 ACP .223
Carnivore waiting on calibers
Burbur relative 9mm 5.56
Burbur relative two .45 ACP .308

Standy Subs/Observers:
Dead*Reckoned
Burbur (If any students are no shows, Burbur, you get your spot back)

Instructors:
Bumslie
Tujungatoes
CSACannoneer
Capybara (Assistant/Helper)
JJ805 (Assistant/Helper)
Stardunk (Assistant/Helper)

Thanks,

Last edited by Capybara; 12-20-2013 at 4:41 PM..
Old 08-31-2013, 8:36 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Sign up for the Meet and Greet and the next Reloading Clinic here folks. Based upon our last clinic, sign up early, once people get wind of this, it will fill up fast.

Old 08-31-2013, 9:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
We would like to announce the next Ventura County Reloading Clinic

Date: Sunday, October 13, 2013
Location: The Secret VC Reloading Facility, Camarillo, CA 93010
Time: 9:00 AM to whenever we are finished (mid afternoon probably)

Purpose: For participants, members and the leadership of the VC Reloading Club to learn how to reload in a hands on educational environment and to have some fun.

Donation to participate/cover reloading supplies: $50.00
Donation for membership in Ventura County Reloading Club: $20.00
Membership will have its privileges including discounts on future clinics, reloading educational seminars, group reloading supply buys, etc. You must bring cash only to the reloading clinic, we are not setup to take donations by credit card or check.

Class will start at 9am and Instructors should arrive at 8am to set up. Sign up here in the thread and PM me your calgun's name, real name, what cartridge you want to load and if you have any equipment or experience. The cost will be $20 for a year's club dues, $50 for the class, some form of lunch and components for one 20 round box of bottle necked cartridges or 50 rounds of straight walled pistol cartridges. We are limited to the dies we have and components, so "normal" calibers will be better to work with than 9x18 Mak or .338 Lapua.This assumes that we have the components and dies for your cartridge of choice. If not, provide a second choice. The address will be sent out to those who have committed to come just prior to the event. There is only room for 12 students so sign up asap or wait until the next one. Once the first 12 students have signed up, we will also have a sub list in case people don't show up. If all twelve students do show up, as a sub, you are still welcome to observe and learn. The donation for a sub/observer will be a $10.00 to cover lunch.

We also need at least 4 instructors (certified or just experienced reloaders) to come help.

Students:
Red Monkey

Instructors:
Big Bronco
Bumslie
Capybara (Assistant/Helper)
JJ805 (Assistant Helper)

Thanks,

I'd like to be put on the list for this one. I'll PM you later today with stuff I can bring if you need it.

Last edited by Capybara; 12-20-2013 at 4:42 PM..
Old 08-31-2013, 9:35 AM
Barely here....
CGN Contributor

Sign me up. Thanks Capybara.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:14 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Done and done. Only ten more spots left, tell your friends.

Old 08-31-2013, 7:23 PM

can you start a maybe list and put me down for that one. i'm gonna try to see if i can get the day off.
Old 08-31-2013, 7:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmunkey View Post
can you start a maybe list and put me down for that one. i'm gonna try to see if i can get the day off.
We would be more than happy to put you on the standby list. Just pay attention to the number of people that are signing up to participate. We only have 12 openings for this workshop, and if you want to load, you will need to be one of the 12 signed up to load. You are still more than welcome to come by and watch, or hang out, if you are not one of the 12 participants.
Old 08-31-2013, 8:17 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Nine spots left...

Old 09-01-2013, 11:22 AM

i put the request in, i should know within a week.
Old 09-02-2013, 8:05 PM
Veteran Member

I'll come out to the pizza party if I'm not too busy with homework! Put me down as attending, please.

I'll also be an observer for the October meet

Last edited by Dead*Reckoned; 09-03-2013 at 12:43 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 10:26 PM

Count me in for both

Pizza and beer on 9/22, try and keep me away.

The 10/13 clinic: Being a lifetime student, I would gladly attend as a student, but would step aside as an observer, if the slot were needed. Cartridges: 9mm and 5.56
Old 09-03-2013, 6:37 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Done and done, looking forward to meeting you guys!

Old 09-04-2013, 8:28 AM

Sign me up, (student)see ya on the 22nd.

cheers
Beers
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

You are on the list Beers.

Welcome!

Old 09-04-2013, 4:24 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Six slots left guys, don't procrastinate if you want in.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:00 AM

Tagged... can't commit yet, but I'm interested.
Old 09-05-2013, 1:15 PM

What do we need to bring with us other than money? Do I need to bring equipment with me? Reloading supplies? Thanks Capy, also looking forward to the next glass factory clean up!
Old 09-05-2013, 1:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keder View Post
What do we need to bring with us other than money? Do I need to bring equipment with me? Reloading supplies? Thanks Capy, also looking forward to the next glass factory clean up!
A good attitude and willingness to learn. You can bring your own equipment if you like. We can help you set up it up.
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 09-05-2013, 4:54 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Bumslie is an experienced reloader, I am a neophyte who is just learning it. His advice is dead on, come with a good attitude and you will have a really fun time. A notepad surely wouldn't hurt either.

Have not put it out yet but yes, feel free to bring your own components and gear, I brought some of mine to the last clinic and I ended up using my own 9mm die set because we were a bit short on dies.

Yes, I am missing the Glass Factory, hope we get some good rain this Fall so everything will be green.

Old 09-05-2013, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keder View Post
Capybara and Bumslie have already made some extremely good recommendations. Another thing you should bring, if at all possible, would be clean tumbled brass for your primary and secondary caliber choices. Also if you are planning on loading home defense ammo, or anything else really specific, bring the projectiles you want to use.

Edit: I was just informed that we will have clean brass available to exchange for your dirty brass.

Last edited by jj805; 09-06-2013 at 5:45 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 6:46 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

If you use social media, please join us and "like" our new Ventura County Reloading Club Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/VCReloading

Last edited by Capybara; 12-20-2013 at 4:44 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Follow the Ventura County Reloading Club on Twitter @VCReloading

Last edited by Capybara; 12-20-2013 at 4:44 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 7:32 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

We Need Your Spare Brass!

The VC Reloading Club is seeking to build up it's reloading supplies for future clinics and we need your spare brass. Any caliber, as long as it's brass and boxer primed, we need it. We will take dirty range brass, cleaned and tumbled brass, any brass. Bring your spare brass to the VC Reloading Club Meet and Greet on September 22 at Me and Ed's Pizza in Camarillo, PM me and I can pick it up from you if you are located in Ventura County or I can provide you mailing instructions if you are out of the county.

Thank you!

Last edited by Capybara; 12-20-2013 at 4:46 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 1:47 PM

got the day off, count me in for the clinic!
Old 09-07-2013, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmunkey View Post
got the day off, count me in for the clinic!
Sweet. We will see you there.
Old 09-07-2013, 7:03 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

And then there were five (slots left)

Old 09-08-2013, 3:25 PM

I'm in for Sep 22, see you there!
Old 09-09-2013, 7:43 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Here's a few snapshots for our first Ventura County reloading clinic. Enjoy!

No, not every student had facial hair. But many did.

Some students wish to stay anonymous and we are fine with that.

You will be reloading quickly, not a lot of standing around and talking, more doing

But without safety procedures, reloading can be dangerous. Big Bronco delivers the safety briefing

The Bacon Cheeseburgers were really good. Let us know if you don't eat meat, Gardenburgers or Tofu dogs are possible. As you can see, a couple of the burgers wanted to stay anonymous also.

Last edited by Capybara; 09-09-2013 at 7:47 PM..
Old 09-11-2013, 10:53 PM

Hi. I know nothing about reloading, but would love to learn. I'd love to be counted in. I hope it's not too late.
Old 09-12-2013, 8:51 PM

Please sign me up for both.

I have no experience reloading but I have been smart enough to save my brass! I'll bring some with me (sorry it's not tumbled) to donate to the cause.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalsmk View Post
Hi. I know nothing about reloading, but would love to learn. I'd love to be counted in. I hope it's not too late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Steps View Post
Please sign me up for both.

I have no experience reloading but I have been smart enough to save my brass! I'll bring some with me (sorry it's not tumbled) to donate to the cause.
Capybara will put both of you on the list as soon as he gets back from a work related trip. If you haven't done so already, Chose two calibers that you want to load, one primary choice and one secondary choice, and PM Capybara your choices. See you guys there

Giant Steps, Thanks for donating the brass, we really appreciate it and it will be put to good use.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member

Hey Capy, you got a great picture there of the back of the my head.

Wish you guys the best of luck. Let me know if you need any 9mm brass for the workshops, I may be able to donate ~500 pieces to the cause.
Old 09-13-2013, 9:53 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Giant Steps added to both Meet and Great and Clinic, thanks for any brass
GeneralSMK added to Clinic. Please PM me with your two caliber choices.

Thanks guys, welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj805 View Post
Capybara will put both of you on the list as soon as he gets back from a work related trip. If you haven't done so already, Chose two calibers that you want to load, one primary choice and one secondary choice, and PM Capybara your choices. See you guys there

Giant Steps, Thanks for donating the brass, we really appreciate it and it will be put to good use.

Old 09-13-2013, 9:55 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
Hey Capy, you got a great picture there of the back of the my head.

Wish you guys the best of luck. Let me know if you need any 9mm brass for the workshops, I may be able to donate ~500 pieces to the cause.
Hi Tactical:

Yes, me too, there were a few of the back of my head, I don't even know who took those pictures?

Thanks for your support. We could definitely use any brass you can spare. As of this moment, we have no brass and need some. Big Bronco will be helping us out with an exchange for this next clinic but we are trying to become self sufficient asap so bring it on!

Old 09-16-2013, 6:22 PM

Just a friendly reminder, this Sunday is the meet and greet at Me and Ed's Pizza in Camarillo. We also have three open spots left for the reloading clinic on October 13th.
Old 09-17-2013, 7:02 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Frankly, I am surprised we are not filled up yet, but there is still plenty of time. If past history is any indication, we will be swamped at the last minute and will have to turn away many or they can be observers.

Looking forward to our meet and greet and the clinic! It's gonna be a lot of fun.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:25 PM

Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow as planned. A family get together got rescheduled. I will be able to make it on October13th.