Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 07-12-2019, 8:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick123 View Post
I watched a video by the gun guy - YouTube - and he said fuds at the gun range were taking pictures of people shooting sporting rifles - then of their license plates and sending it into the DoJ- is this true? If so how should we respond
Pure FUD.
Old 07-12-2019, 8:55 AM

I once got plastic poisoning from my Glock sights. I'm okay now.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

this is why i show up to the range in full face mask and have fake plates to use for the range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 07-12-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
this is why i show up to the range in full face mask and have fake plates to use for the range.
https://youtu.be/XK5GCSU5GEU

Old 07-12-2019, 10:50 AM

Fifth columnists at your local gun range??? Unbelievable!...Or maybe only believable in California and other communistic leaning states.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:55 AM

The couple of times law enforcement (CHP, municipal police) were training while I was also the range, LEOs are mainly busy doing their stuff and didn't even paid attention to what other people are doing.

As long you aren't wreckless or annoying....I highly doubt they would even pay attention to what you are shooting.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win231 View Post
Anyone who says this is "fake" should consider boarding that ship & flying back to the planet earth.

Several years ago, before the more-recent restrictions, I regularly took my Uzi & HK93 to the range. Both were registered before that '91 or '92 deadline. People (who I suspect were plainclothes LEO's) frequently questioned me about how I was able to shoot "illegal assault weapons with big magazines." They started out with friendly chat before the questions. When they stopped sounding friendly, I said, "I'll be glad to show you DOJ proof of registration - as soon as you show me your police I.D." That usually ended the chat. I also saw uniformed LEO's sitting in their cars, staring & glaring at me. One officer watched me on the 50-yd. steel targets & actually said, "Jesus...I'd hate to go up against you; you are good with that thing." Pretty dumb thing to say - as if the fact that I own an Uzi means he would be at risk from it. Typical anti-gun fool; as if the gun is dangerous...not the person using it.
Paranoid much? I shoot my RAWs quite often. Every once in a while, I get some idiot thinking that what I have is illegal. Not one of these people was an undercover cop. If a cop thought you were doing something illegal, you would soon find out who he was and your guns would be having the serial numbers run to make sure that they were in fact legal RAWs. Anyone could print up a bogus registration letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 07-12-2019, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post
Where did you come up with that definition of a "chemical substance"? A chemical substance is two or more elements combined through a chemical reaction (key words) to form a new chemical substance or compound, that can not be physically separated into the base elements once combined. It is not a piece of plastic set into the hollow cavity of a bullet, or a copper jacket on a lead bullet.
You might want to look up how any plastic polymer (such as nylon, kevlar, etc...) is made before you make such non-logical statements.
Old 07-12-2019, 2:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Are you arguing plastic is not a chemical substance or that the bullet does not "contain" it?
By your "definition", EVERYTHING is a chemical substance.

Isn't brass a "chemical substance"?

Brass is made from copper and zinc...

To be is to do. (Plato)

Do be do be do. (Sinatra)
Old 07-12-2019, 5:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Total hogwash, at least for now.

Chief Range Safety Officer
Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home
Old 07-12-2019, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8vrmind View Post
The couple of times law enforcement (CHP, municipal police) were training while I was also the range, LEOs are mainly busy doing their stuff and didn't even paid attention to what other people are doing.

As long you aren't wreckless or annoying....I highly doubt they would even pay attention to what you are shooting.
This. At our range, my neighbor and I often encounter LEO training crews. They are friendly, do their own thing, and don't generally bother with civies. The only time they engaged (verbally) us was when they asked if we could move, so they could use several adjacent stations for practice. No problemo.

In 20yrs at the range couple times a month never seen anyone wandering around taking pix, though I admit we're more observant these days. Only recently did someone want to examine one of my firearms, the RSO (retired SEAL) wanted a look at my LH SCR (he's a lefty).
Old 07-12-2019, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro View Post
Man, some people will not give a cop a break. Cop strikes up a conversation by complimenting your skill, and all you want to do is crap all over him.
Yeah, well people in the government and media coin terms like “cop killer bullets,” and “cop killer guns.” As if the only reason to buy a certain type of ammunition or firearm is to kill a cop?

I got the same type of reaction in a college class one time when a Canadian kid told me only cops and soldiers should be allowed to own guns. I asked, “what if a bad guy joins the PD with bad intentions?” He literally let out a whine and said “do whatever you want, just please don’t shoot me.” I didn’t even have a gun on me!
Old 07-12-2019, 11:14 PM
Code Monkey
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet-wyatt View Post
By your "definition", EVERYTHING is a chemical substance.
not really, but close to it. Hey, I didn't write the law, I'm just telling you what the law is. Take it up with your assembly rep. My point being: nobody's in 100% compliance with the law, and I'm sure that's not the only law written to be impossible to follow. "Show me the man, and I'll find you the crime".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70runner View Post
In 20yrs at the range couple times a month never seen anyone wandering around taking pix,
And if it ever does happen or becomes a trend, we'll be the first to know. That's kinda the point of CalGuns
Old 07-12-2019, 11:33 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm so used to being videoed and photographed at the range it's just part of the experience. Funny how no one asks if my machine guns are legal.

01FFL/03SOT AND 07FFL/02SOT
PHOENIX, AZ MIDDLEMAN TRANSFER DEALER SINCE 2010
10 round magazine conversion service
CA compliance service
Machine gun/suppressor rentals
Private 10 acre range rentals
Storage for your CA firearms/CA prohibited firearm purchases.

MY CALGUNS COMMERCIAL SALES SUBFORUM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=376
Old 07-13-2019, 5:45 AM

If I noticed someone taking pics of me at the range, I would confront them about it. First tell them not to, and then ask why they are doing it. And then tell them not to again. At some point, visible abs WILL be shown