Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 12:46 PM
RSG Minion, Senior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Suggestion: Ammo/Parts vs. Gun Sales

Implement separate salespeople for ammo and parts vs. guns.

Went to Torrance at lunchtime and walked out.

Wanted to get some ammo for a range trip with a rookie friend and his son who were buying the ammo for a BD range trip this afternoon.
Their fault for not planning ahead and going at a better time but....

17 people ahead of us, many buying guns with the extended amount of paperwork and time Turners' requires.

The father then went one of your competitors.

Chris:
You are a very polite and patient rep. which I commend you on, but from the rants and continued issues mentioned here at CG it seems very little has been done by those above you to improve the systems that often makes it unpleasant to visit your stores if anything behind the counter is needed.
Old 10-19-2018, 4:24 PM
Banned

Last edited by sfe187; 04-30-2019 at 9:23 PM..
Old 10-25-2018, 7:35 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv View Post
Implement separate salespeople for ammo and parts vs. guns.

Went to Torrance at lunchtime and walked out.

Wanted to get some ammo for a range trip with a rookie friend and his son who were buying the ammo for a BD range trip this afternoon.
Their fault for not planning ahead and going at a better time but....

17 people ahead of us, many buying guns with the extended amount of paperwork and time Turners' requires.

The father then went one of your competitors.

Chris:
You are a very polite and patient rep. which I commend you on, but from the rants and continued issues mentioned here at CG it seems very little has been done by those above you to improve the systems that often makes it unpleasant to visit your stores if anything behind the counter is needed.
I apologize for the late response and that the changes we are trying to implement have not trickled down yet. I assure you we are taking steps to improve the in store experience at all levels. As the next person mentioned ammo behind the cashier or a cashier behind the counter are options we have been exploring as well as offering free ship to store for ammo bought online. We too would love if the ammo buying experience were more streamlined and simple and with the coming background check requirements it will likely gum up the works even more. We are looking into many different options and I hope in the near future you will see these changes implemented across all locations.

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill | Temecula
| Torrance | Victorville | West Covina | Salinas | Sacramento | Fresno | Modesto | Roseville | Stockton | Santa Clarita | Fresno |Bakersfield| West Bakersfield | Palm Desert | Tucson|

33 Throughout California
Store Location Info
Our Weekly Ad
Join our e-mail list!
Old 10-30-2018, 1:15 PM

ammo buying is difficult now thanks to our gun control friends & will get worse next year - as it stands - ammo has to be behind the counter & must be walked up by a state certified rep - sure going to a store that doesnt handle the volume turners does might be an answer for quicker service - the better answer might be supporting groups like the nra & cpra & calguns that take this fight to the courts in an effort to over turn the tyranny
Old 04-30-2019, 9:05 PM

Walked in after calling ahead to have ammo at the register to pick up. Walked out empty handed. Plenty of ammo on the shelf. No help taking it off the shelf because the staff would rather demo guns to "prospective" buyers. Seems like the staff are unfriendly on ammo sales. Guess the new laws are working. The sales staff are a big help to the new governor and this state.
Old 06-14-2019, 5:18 AM

I talked to a friend that works a Turner’s about the issue getting help with Ammo. The real problem is that Turner’s pays there employees minimum wage, part of there pay comes from spiffs, or commissions, they get on the sale of certain items. They don’t get spiffs on ammo sales so if the choice is there to sell a gun or ammo which way do you think they will go? It would probably help if Turner’s paid a decent wage.
Old 06-14-2019, 9:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lausdeo View Post
I talked to a friend that works a Turner’s about the issue getting help with Ammo. The real problem is that Turner’s pays there employees minimum wage, part of there pay comes from spiffs, or commissions, they get on the sale of certain items. They don’t get spiffs on ammo sales so if the choice is there to sell a gun or ammo which way do you think they will go? It would probably help if Turner’s paid a decent wage.
Walmart pays minimum wage and I don't get this kinda BS service from them at thieir ammo counter. Minimum wage in LA county is 13.25/hr. It goes up to 14.25/hr on July 1st. A far cry from the 4.50 min wage I made in my younger days.
Closed Thread