Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2020, 2:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Where was the racist behavior? That term is used very loosely these days when anyone does not like anything.
Old 07-07-2020, 4:11 PM

Lesson learned. Next time put your $1000 worth of merchandise in a pile and tell the clerk that you'll pay for it after the PPT.
Old 07-07-2020, 4:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This is only one reason more deals are being done in the parking lot. Or so I hear.
CRPA Member

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed"
~ Barry Goldwater 1964
Old 07-07-2020, 4:46 PM
Veteran Member

I always try to find a dealer with good deals on stripped lower receivers when I want to do a PPT. So I can buy a lower from the dealer processing the PPT and take advantage of multiple firearms on the DROS. That way the dealer gets business and I save on DROS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200Apples View Post
Civilization is four missed meals unwiped po0ps away from anarchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
And the lord appeared unto him and spoketh "tere henges". And he did knoweth in two weeks shall be the terrible boating accident whereas upon the mighty waves will the shoulder thing that goes up be lost beneath the sea. All rise. Sit down. Rise again. Sit down. Behold the non homo dancing. Amen
Old 07-07-2020, 5:14 PM

OP, next time go to Elite Armory in Castro Valley. Great folks, don't mind PPTs, they want you to come back & buy other stuff. Oh, and some of the employees are not Caucasians, not that that means anything.
Old 07-07-2020, 5:56 PM

GFOS sucks thats all.

The Vacaville locations hates PPTs so much they only perform them 3-5 pm on Days that a Blue Moon appears.

But really they only do PPTs on weekdays from 3-5 pm.

I bought a gun on Consignment from them, walked in at 12:30 pm walked out at around 4pm.
Baby Eagle 9mm
P99 1st Gen
Springfield Armory Range Officer 9mm
Old 07-07-2020, 6:21 PM

Another Asian here that doesn't find this particular incident remotely racist. Sucks, but from what I'm reading, they just suck in general. Go somewhere else.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 07-08-2020, 7:07 AM
Are we there yet?
CGN Contributor

Still patiently waiting for evidence of racist behavior...
Old 07-08-2020, 9:06 AM

I'm old and caucasian. My local FFL told me straight up when I inquired about PPT process at their shop. "When we finish with all of our other customers, we will get to you, so avoid coming on a weekend. Try to come in during the week." He was being honest, not discriminatory. I get it. PPT's lose money for them. If I were to buy merchandise and try to include my PPT as part of the transaction, that would not go over well.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:24 AM

It it makes you feel any better, my local gun shop refuses to do PPT during this COVID time but gave a bogus reason for it. "We can't do private transfers on guns with people wearing masks and we require masks in the shop. It's a federal crime" . Well how are you going to do ANY sales in that case? They certainly still sell guns.

While I wouldn't say what happened to me (or you) is racist, I would certainly say it's gaslighting and it's treating the customer as if they're dumb. I would rather they come out and say "sorry bro, PPTs are a money loser for my shop, Im not doing it right now", I would actually respect that answer!

I'm not going to name which shop this is yet because they've treated me nicely ASIDE from this bogus reason, but I only give one freebie to anyone. Next time around, knives out man, I will name names.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:50 AM

For everyone saying PPT is not good for gun stores, you are wrong.

Ever go to Ammo bros? they charge a **** load for the ppt and it doesn't go to the gubment, I'm sure.

Also it brings customers into the store to make more purchases. Anything that brings customers into your store, even if they are just there to return something, is good for business. Just like the op, they'll look around and find ways to give their money up.

While I have found many gun stores to have racist employees (the shootist-Murrieta) I don't think this was a racist incident. I hope not, but not being there, I can't really judge. That sounds exactly how they treat my black friends at The Shootist.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss View Post
For everyone saying PPT is not good for gun stores, you are wrong.

Ever go to Ammo bros? they charge a **** load for the ppt and it doesn't go to the gubment, I'm sure.

Also it brings customers into the store to make more purchases. Anything that brings customers into your store, even if they are just there to return something, is good for business. Just like the op, they'll look around and find ways to give their money up.

While I have found many gun stores to have racist employees (the shootist-Murrieta) I don't think this was a racist incident. I hope not, but not being there, I can't really judge. That sounds exactly how they treat my black friends at The Shootist.
An FFL may not charge more than $10 to process a PPT. That is all the store gets. If Ammo Bros is charging more then there is a problem, unless you are referring to a transfer and not a PPT. Edit to add: By "transfer" I am referring to a firearm shipped to the FFL for the DROS to be done, not a transfer when both parties are present.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs#21G

What fees can I charge for handling a Private Party Transfer (PPT)?
If the transaction is a PPT, in addition to the state fees, you may charge up to $10.00 or less per firearm for conducting the PPT. For example:

For a PPT involving one or more firearms, the total allowable fees are $47.19 for the first firearm ($37.19 DROS fee and $10.00 PPT fee), and $10.00 for each subsequent firearm.
(Pen. Code, § 28055)

"News stories and the truth are a bit like fraternal twins. They are related but only vaguely resemble each other."

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich quick theory of life." - Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by JCHavasu; 07-09-2020 at 1:44 PM..
Old 07-14-2020, 9:32 PM

They treated me like a bag of **** too, i'll never go back again and im white as snow
Old 08-04-2020, 4:07 PM

That store has forever lost my business. Went in there to do a PPT recently and not only did they refuse the PPT, they were rude, unprofessional, and tossed my gun/gun case onto he counter. Told me, and the buyer, that they are not going to help us.

It was for a stripped AR pistol lower. They told me AR pistols are illegal, and have been since 2018. Okay...
Old 08-04-2020, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
OP, next time go to Elite Armory in Castro Valley. Great folks, don't mind PPTs, they want you to come back & buy other stuff. Oh, and some of the employees are not Caucasians, not that that means anything.
Another vote for Elite Armory. Super nice guys, and very helpful.
Old 08-04-2020, 4:26 PM

The customers will stay away if they are racist. spend a little time in the military, get in a firefight or two, and the last thing you are looking at is the color of the man's skin giving you covering fire. Shame to hear it.
Old 08-04-2020, 4:32 PM

I didn't need a firefight to figure that out.

If you could do your job competently or above standard, I didn't give a flying F what color your skin was or which bathroom you used, I was happy to work with you. :thumbup
Old 08-05-2020, 8:26 PM

I was onboard until OP went race card for the inconvenience. Without the employee actually saying anything racist yet you call the whole store racists doesn't speak well on your character. At the end of the day PPTs aren't too priority for most shops.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:37 PM

OP go earlier or make an appointment next time. You were far too patient and quiet. Next time do not waste your time, find another FFL that takes appointments.
Old 08-06-2020, 6:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Drive up the road to Hook Line and Sinker. They're in Oakley. Good people, good service.
Old 10-18-2020, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQ5 View Post
So, at 11am, we walk in to do a PPT, which they said they still do but we'd have to wait in line like everyone else. Great, we gotta stand in line. No problem. After a 25 min wait we get upfront and told the gentleman we were doing a PPT for an AR lower.

He ask to check it out and after 2 minutes of examination, HE THEN TOLD US TO GO OVER TO LONG GUNS SECTION FOR THE TRANSFER since it was a lower for an AR and the back line is for handguns only.

Ok, screw it lets follow the rules. Go over and BAM line is longer with only ONE associate. Asked him if this is the long gun area for a PPT and he said "yes but I gotta take care of my customers first" which translates to I have to take care of my buying customers first. I've been in retail before so I get it. We waited our turn when there was 6 people ahead of us while the rest of our group went around to either take the FSC, purchase some ammo, or bought accessories.

We ended up spending $1000 on ammo, accessories, and parts.

So, back to the line, we waited in line FOR AN HOUR!!!! Finally got up to our turn and the associate TAKES OFF OVER TO THE FSC SECTION!!! Ok I see that they were shorthanded so I understood as I use to be in retail. We waited.

I said "ok you know what they are short so we'll wait since we are next."

After 20 mins, 12:45PM now, he comes back AND HELPS OUT A CAUCASIAN COUPLE WHO CUT IN FRONT OF US AND HELPED THEM PROCESS THEIR TWO GUN PURCHASES WHEN THERE'S A LINE BEHIND US WHO WAITED FOR OVER AN HOUR!!!

So, I am still waiting as I thought 'maybe they were there before us. we're next anyways so just wait'

After 40 minutes to process paperwork for them (i've never seen gun purchase get process so slow), they were done.

During all this time the associate NEVER ONCE acknowledge us waiting in line.

Finally, he walks over to us, asked us why we were there and we told him to process a PPT. He said wait over there, I'll help you in a minute. As he walked to the next person in line, I thought "maybe he's just checking in on them real quick"

NOPE. He asked the guy what he was there for and it was to pick up a gun he already purchased. Now mind you, the guy wasn't buying ANYTHING that day. He already spent money there.

The rep proceeded to HELP HIM FINALIZE THE PURCHASE WHILE LEAVING US WAITING!!!

I finally had enough so I asked for his manager and he responded "yeah but he's busy. what do you need?"

I just stated that we waited for almost 3 hours just to do a PPT and you skipped us to help two other transactions.

The sales representative response was "WELL ARE YOU BUYING SOMETHING? ARE YOU BUYING A GUN FROM US? YOU'RE JUST A PPT SO YOU'RE NOT A PRIORITY."

Mind you that originally ahead of us in line was 2 caucasian gentleman that processed a PPT for a shotgun.

Wow......Racist and greedy bunch of mofos. I thought I was pretty patient during this whole ordeal. My fiancee told me that before the two gentleman that did the PPT, the asian couple who was doing another PPT was denied served as well.

THIS IS THE FIRST AND LAST TIME THEY GET MY BUSINESS FOR ANYTHING!!! You'd think they would be more weary to not be so blatant with their prejudice with everything going on but nope. Racist business straight up.

Ok rant over---- grrrr

I agree with you completely. GFOS's few of the staff members are racist. I see people suffering same racist experience in their gun range too. The tall younger guy who switches between retail n gun range is the worst of them all.

Go to Hook Line Oakley or Accurate arms Livermore or Stockton gun exchange. These 3 have great employees n service even for PPT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2020, 6:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

First, why would you spend $1k on ammo from a business that treated you like crap?

2nd, my last PPT took 4 hrs. And to tell a family secret, my grandmother was dutch.

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 10-18-2020, 8:55 AM

Too many people with a victim mentality the days.
Old 10-18-2020, 9:52 AM

Too many people don't know how to write these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2020, 6:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletfighter View Post
Still patiently waiting for evidence of racist behavior...
The only evidence of racist behavior is sfdraftsman's (now banned) post.
Old 10-18-2020, 8:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
When I was a trucker I worked with a Korean guy that every time something didn't go his way it was because the people were racist.

He unloaded at the same company I unloaded at and if he had to wait, they were racist.

I told him that I had to wait on several occasions at the same company, but he wouldn't listen.

It made me wonder how many black people think if things don't go their way its because someone is racist.

Its a hellava way to go through life.
Classic case of white privileged.

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 10-18-2020, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avcrew View Post
Lesson learned. Next time put your $1000 worth of merchandise in a pile and tell the clerk that you'll pay for it after the PPT.

While I was reading the thread, I immediately thought that was what I would’ve done.

Some of you guys are too nice. F¥<k these FFLs that won’t do PPTs, let ‘em know you’re a customer, too.

It should only take 10-15 minutes to do paperwork if you’re worth a damn....why do they complain so much? They waste far more time with looky-loos and newbie gun handlers who have no intention of buying. It’s part of the business of doing business. The OP/friends bought stuff. Azzhats

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017

“Criminals, tyrants and terrorists don’t do background checks.” — Judge Roger Benitez, 4/23/2020