Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearm Parts & Accessories Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearm Parts & Accessories Sales For the Private sale of Firearms related accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
This scammer crap is getting waaaaaaaay out of hand. I'm thankful I've only been burned for $30. Maybe it's time Kes the site owner started charging folks $25 a year to be a member here. Might just weed some of the riff-raff out...
As much as I’d support this idea, I think it would kill the forums. I’ve seen it happen in the past as new people stop joining and less 2A supporters will only hurt us in the end.
Old 02-12-2021, 6:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthracite View Post
As much as I’d support this idea, I think it would kill the forums. I’ve seen it happen in the past as new people stop joining and less 2A supporters will only hurt us in the end.
Past on what forums? As far as I know, in CA, CalGuns is the only forum for CA gunowners. There is no other 2A forum that competes for Californians in CA.
Old 02-22-2021, 6:17 AM

DO NOT DEAL WITH

User "clementdavid"
Yusuf Habib (harkindele57@gmail.com)
415-758-2078

Known scammer and contacting members attempting to sell items he is not in possession of. He sends stock photos from the internet.
Old 02-28-2021, 9:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Someone with phone number 850-280-9072 tried to pull a similar scam on me here recently. Out of Florida.
Old 03-11-2021, 1:00 PM

Be careful dealing with jjfuller 858-349-8887. Seller is selling a complete G19 slide with optics for $600 and i negotiated to buy it $500. Got the item without the barrel and guide rod. Contacted the seller to ask him where's the barrel and and guide rod, he told me that it was not part of the deal. I ask him, why will i ask for a round count if i'm just buying the slide and why will i indicate complete if i don't need the barrel. I ask him for a refund and i will send his slide back but he refuses.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1693988
Old 03-11-2021, 3:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake99 View Post
Be careful dealing with jjfuller 858-349-8887. Seller is selling a complete G19 slide with optics for $600 and i negotiated to buy it $500. Got the item without the barrel and guide rod. Contacted the seller to ask him where's the barrel and and guide rod, he told me that it was not part of the deal. I ask him, why will i ask for a round count if i'm just buying the slide and why will i indicate complete if i don't need the barrel. I ask him for a refund and i will send his slide back but he refuses.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1693988
From the sales thread I saw original price 600 obo and this on subsequent bump "Willing to let the CMC barrel and guide rod go in the deal for asking price"

I'm assuming barrel and guide rod are included if full 600 is received. But I do understand you might of interpreted and negotiated the original asking to 500 thinking it'll include barrel and rod.

I'm gonna judge this case as mis communication.
Old 03-11-2021, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfe187 View Post
From the sales thread I saw original price 600 obo and this on subsequent bump "Willing to let the CMC barrel and guide rod go in the deal for asking price"

I'm assuming barrel and guide rod are included if full 600 is received. But I do understand you might of interpreted and negotiated the original asking to 500 thinking it'll include barrel and rod.

I told him the exact same thing. Asking price wasn’t reached, barrel and guide rod never explicitly discussed, why would I send it? Common sense will prevail one day, thank you for seeing the truth behind this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2021, 4:51 PM

Quote:

Also, real nice for him to use the wrong screenshot. Original ad posted here

Old 03-11-2021, 6:04 PM

Quote:

Let’s say that it’s a miscommunication between myself and the seller. Why does he not want to get the item back?
Old 03-11-2021, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller View Post
Also, real nice for him to use the wrong screenshot. Original ad posted here

What screenshot? This screenshot?

Attachment 995181

Last edited by Kestryll; 07-12-2023 at 9:33 PM..
Old 03-11-2021, 6:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Let’s say that it’s a miscommunication between myself and the seller. Why does he not want to get the item back?
Maybe the money submitted already accounted for elsewhere. He might have 10 kids to feed and last day Similac on-sale, I don't know. But it be nice if both ya'll can come to an amicable solution over miscommunication, if not, take it as experience learned. Communicate everything in details in future.
Old 03-11-2021, 6:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Should have driven from OC to SD.

This isn't a retail sale or ebay. Think of it like craigslist. Refunds are laughable.

Last edited by CheapBloke; 03-11-2021 at 6:36 PM..
Old 03-11-2021, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Maybe the money submitted already accounted for elsewhere. He might have 10 kids to feed and last day Similac on-sale, I don't know. But it be nice if both ya'll can come to an amicable solution over miscommunication, if not, take it as experience learned. Communicate everything in details in future.
You don’t think asking the seller to buy his “complete slide with optic” for the price I stated and asking him how many rounds through it is clear enough. I can buy a slide and optic new for the price I paid him for. In fact, I bought a new ZEV slide for my G17 new at $250 through Zev site.

Attachment 995188

Old 03-11-2021, 7:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
You don’t think asking the seller to buy his “complete slide with optic” for the price I stated and asking him how many rounds through it is clear enough. I can buy a slide and optic new for the price I paid him for. In fact, I bought a new ZEV slide for my G17 new at $250 through Zev site.

Attachment 995188
Can you show me where in the ad have the words "complete slide" or was the word "complete" was from conversation you had with him? because i didn't see it in his ad and his original ad was not revised.
Old 03-11-2021, 7:02 PM

Quote:

Attachment 995188

“Look, I can buy this completely different brand part for a completely different gun for cheaper”.
Bud, you aren’t getting a refund because at this point I plain don’t like you. I never agreed to sell you a complete upper for $500, my original ad states exactly what was sold to you for what you paid. Others on here seem to agree you’re the one who is being unreasonable, so I’m just gonna block you and move on.

Old 03-11-2021, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Can you show me where in the ad have the words "complete slide" or was the word "complete" was from conversation you had with him? because i didn't see it in his ad and his original ad was not revised.

It doesn’t say it anywhere, nor in our texts.

Old 03-11-2021, 7:12 PM

Quote:
It was from private conversation I had with him. See below

Attachment 995190

Old 03-11-2021, 7:19 PM

Quote:
I even offered to send him another $100 just to settle but he just ignored my text and rant here instead.

Attachment 995191

Old 03-11-2021, 7:23 PM

Quote:
I even offered to send him another $100 just to settle but he just ignored my text and rant here instead.

Attachment 995191

I blocked your number so I can work without being bugged.
I wouldn’t do anymore business with you bud. I legit think you knew what you were doing, and then tried to argue with me about what I paid for everything.

Old 03-11-2021, 7:48 PM

Quote:
I blocked your number so I can work without being bugged.
I wouldn’t do anymore business with you bud. I legit think you knew what you were doing, and then tried to argue with me about what I paid for everything.

Blocking my number but talking to me here does not make sense. Let's settle this. I'll send you $100, send me the barrel and guide rod
Old 03-11-2021, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Blocking my number but talking to me here does not make sense. Let's settle this. I'll send you $100, send me the barrel and guide rod

That would settle it. Sounds reasonable to me. I’ll have it sent out Monday morning so long as funds are received. CMC barrel and stock glock guide rod included for original asking of $600. Sorry the miscommunication came to this.

Old 03-11-2021, 8:15 PM

Quote:
That would settle it. Sounds reasonable to me. I’ll have it sent out Monday morning so long as funds are received. CMC barrel and stock glock guide rod included for original asking of $600. Sorry the miscommunication came to this.

Sounds good. I'll send it to you in the morning. Likewise
Old 03-11-2021, 8:26 PM
Veteran Member

Good to see you guys are working it out. Way too little endings like this versus way too many people getting ripped off lately.
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 03-11-2021, 9:17 PM
Banned

Good to see you guys worked it out and the negative iTrader feedback has been deleted. Carry on carry on.
Old 03-12-2021, 5:36 PM

Wow. It's always great to hear issues being resolved reasonably and not getting blatantly ripped off.

Big props to sfe187 for being a great mediator!! Whether it was intentional or not, the level-headedness is great to see.
Old 03-16-2021, 9:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.A.R. View Post
Update: he still sends me message saying he has sent payment with a link to a supposed image that has payment confirmation (not clicking link lol) and just checked my zelle and have so for 15mins (should have been instant). No payment received.

Suspicious character EL Glock is.
Looking at his history here, He hasn't done anything to contribute since he signed up. He's just another Loser leeching off Calguns for access to the Marketplace. I won't sell to or buy from POS like that.
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 03-19-2021, 8:21 AM

Beware cpdean.
Bought aero M5 atlas they offered to sell to me after seeing my WTB for dpms high profile 308 rail.
I paid him and he was very communicative even after payment. He was giving me the run around on shipment though and I later saw the photo he sent of the rail was actually a screenshot from a YouTube video of someone holding it. Stopped receiving communication from him today.
cpdean
Based in San Jose
(408) 650-6257

Last edited by Aiden5689; 03-19-2021 at 12:45 PM..
Old 03-19-2021, 2:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Update: he still sends me message saying he has sent payment with a link to a supposed image that has payment confirmation (not clicking link lol) and just checked my zelle and have so for 15mins (should have been instant). No payment received.

Suspicious character EL Glock is.
Any update, S.O.A.R.?
Quote:
Old 03-19-2021, 3:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
Any update, S.O.A.R.?
Yea, going to delete posts above.

After my last conversation with him, I figured he did not want them, but yesterday morning out of the blue, he sent payment from a unverified zelle account which the payment is currently pending.

I asked him about it yesterday morning, and he said he tried canceling it, but bank would not let him and said he wants the items either way. So I guess it is completed transaction as long as the pending payment is successful.
Old 03-19-2021, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaliusmaximus View Post
Beware cpdean.
Bought aero M5 atlas they offered to sell to me after seeing my WTB for dpms high profile 308 rail.
I paid him and he was very communicative even after payment. He was giving me the run around on shipment though and I later saw the photo he sent of the rail was actually a screenshot from a YouTube video of someone holding it. Stopped receiving communication from him today.
cpdean
Based in San Jose
(408) 650-6257
Typical WTB scammer. Pretty sure I’ve seen that name before too. Cmon guys, this is why they stick around because people keep falling for it. Hopefully you paid with a method that allows charge backs..
Old 03-22-2021, 1:29 PM

What do you guys make of this? I took the user name to give him/her the benefit of doubt. Seems a bit odd to me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2021, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz510 View Post
What do you guys make of this? I took the user name to give him/her the benefit of doubt. Seems a bit odd to me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
If they’re a new member they may simply be naive to how things work. I’d educate them and if they don’t cooperate move along.
Old 03-23-2021, 1:23 PM

Default beware of seller TrHux

beware of this seller TrHux I purchased an eotech 512 off him after i made a WTB forum. seller was responsive however after I sent payment he never sent a tracking or update. after many messages asking him for a tracking number or an update he never responded. please everyone be careful on here I normally have good experiences from other cal gunners with the exception of this one
Old 03-24-2021, 2:37 PM

Had purchased what I thought was an authentic Wilcox G24 from jasa32 for $275. Come to find out it was loose and wobbly so it was sent to Wilcox for inspection. They then stated the mount was a fake and not made by them. Looking at it now one obvious flaw was the "X" on the Wilcox logo is not correct.. I didn't spot it head on. Reached out to jasa32 about the situation and he responded quickly at first.. it seemed like he was willing to do right and take it back for a refund. When the mount is back in my possession I then text him again saying it's ready to ship out.

His last response was "Let me get home I am driving home from work"on 3/17.. so I wait a day then reached out a total of 3 more times. No response since and he's gone dark but still active on the forums?? I had sent him a private message just now (3/24) wondering what's going on.

I am hoping he'd do right by me and issue a refund. It legit sounded like he would at first and was okay with moving forward to a solution. He said he originally bought it near a "place by Camp Pendleton" so it sounds like a store of some sort. If that's the case then he'd be able to get his money back then and everyone would be squared away. I'm also thinking whoever originally sold it to jasa32 (Sean Jones, seanjones317, 760-715-9022) knew it was fake too and somehow the item trickled down to me.. lol g'damn..

I think I've been patient enough but I hate being ghosted to something that could've been easily sorted out. He's got good feedback and all (which is probably why I overlooked the fine details), nice guy to work with initially but I guess this one slipped away.. My advice to Sean is to get the guy that duped you, take care of our transaction and all is good. Lead by example, I mean you are a Team Leader after all?

Update 3/25: Still nothing..

Last edited by duey; 03-25-2021 at 5:35 PM..
Old 03-28-2021, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand95 View Post
beware of this seller TrHux I purchased an eotech 512 off him after i made a WTB forum. seller was responsive however after I sent payment he never sent a tracking or update. after many messages asking him for a tracking number or an update he never responded. please everyone be careful on here I normally have good experiences from other cal gunners with the exception of this one
He tried to scam me. He gave methis address.

8869 La Riviera Dr Apt B
Sacramento, CA 95826
Old 03-28-2021, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand95 View Post
Thrux and Pastri are the same guy
Old 03-31-2021, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duey View Post
Had purchased what I thought was an authentic Wilcox G24 from jasa32 for $275. Come to find out it was loose and wobbly so it was sent to Wilcox for inspection. They then stated the mount was a fake and not made by them. Looking at it now one obvious flaw was the "X" on the Wilcox logo is not correct.. I didn't spot it head on. Reached out to jasa32 about the situation and he responded quickly at first.. it seemed like he was willing to do right and take it back for a refund. When the mount is back in my possession I then text him again saying it's ready to ship out.

His last response was "Let me get home I am driving home from work"on 3/17.. so I wait a day then reached out a total of 3 more times. No response since and he's gone dark but still active on the forums?? I had sent him a private message just now (3/24) wondering what's going on.

I am hoping he'd do right by me and issue a refund. It legit sounded like he would at first and was okay with moving forward to a solution. He said he originally bought it near a "place by Camp Pendleton" so it sounds like a store of some sort. If that's the case then he'd be able to get his money back then and everyone would be squared away. I'm also thinking whoever originally sold it to jasa32 (Sean Jones, seanjones317, 760-715-9022) knew it was fake too and somehow the item trickled down to me.. lol g'damn..

I think I've been patient enough but I hate being ghosted to something that could've been easily sorted out. He's got good feedback and all (which is probably why I overlooked the fine details), nice guy to work with initially but I guess this one slipped away.. My advice to Sean is to get the guy that duped you, take care of our transaction and all is good. Lead by example, I mean you are a Team Leader after all?

Update 3/25: Still nothing..

Sad to hear. Was the transaction in person? I met him back in December and seemed like a nice enough guy, chatted a bit in the parking lot.
Old 04-01-2021, 8:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthracite View Post
Sad to hear. Was the transaction in person? I met him back in December and seemed like a nice enough guy, chatted a bit in the parking lot.

no it was shipped to me.. ironically today he canceled my paypal request for a refund.. so he’s obviously active but avoiding it all..
Old 04-01-2021, 8:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duey View Post
no it was shipped to me.. ironically today he canceled my paypal request for a refund.. so he’s obviously active but avoiding it all..
Makes me wonder, he has had quite a few of accessories and mounts for sale in past and present, many of them having airsoft models over the net...

Wonder if he has been selling the real things...
Old 04-01-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Makes me wonder, he has had quite a few of accessories and mounts for sale in past and present, many of them having airsoft models over the net...

Wonder if he has been selling the real things...
i thought the same.. i wondered how many he’s gotten away with so far

he recently had PVS15s for sale for the price of a real one.. come to find out there are fakes of the PVS15 housing as i read somewhere online (which i read were a decent clone) so not sure if they were fake or not..

also he read my text message today at 10:24am.. i said id settle for half of the refund.. yet nothing.. amazing

Last edited by duey; 04-01-2021 at 10:52 AM..