Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Friends of the NRA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2019, 4:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divehobo View Post
Alan, thanks for your input. Tonight I will attend my first Friends of NRA diner in San Mateo and am completely psyched. I took my first handgun class with the NRA as Massachusetts required training to get handgun permit or even touch handgun at gun shop. I have never looked back and will continue to support the NRA as I have for the last 35 years. This year, I hope to get instructor ratings during Richmond Rod and Gun training week.
Have a good time and win lots of stuff!!... By stuff I mean GUNS!!

Thordo
Old 09-22-2019, 2:39 PM

Unfortunately, odds favor those who buy more tickets. I usually went for the sponsor package that included tickets to the high end tables. At our club, those were the red and blue tables that had multiple guns on them as well as high end scopes, etc. There were usually only a few tickets in those buckets as not many spent the money. I often won guns. A freak occurrence was when I played a game once, intending to go back and play some more to get more chances to win. When I went back, the game was sold out. My one ticket actually won the Kimber Longmaster .22-250. I have won at least 5 guns at FNRA dinners.

Like anything else, you have to play to win.
Old 10-07-2019, 6:25 AM

I won't attend FNRA dinners anymore. We bought a entire table last time and when they drew guns for the sponsor tables, the winner was not to be found and there wasn't a contact number on the ticket. We all thought they would draw another ticket by the end of the dinner. NOPE! They announced, "One Draw", "One Ticket" and if it wasn't claimed during the dinner, that the guns would be put into a drawing at a future dinner.
Old 10-08-2019, 8:29 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I won't attend FNRA dinners anymore. We bought a entire table last time and when they drew guns for the sponsor tables, the winner was not to be found and there wasn't a contact number on the ticket. We all thought they would draw another ticket by the end of the dinner. NOPE! They announced, "One Draw", "One Ticket" and if it wasn't claimed during the dinner, that the guns would be put into a drawing at a future dinner.
Hmmm. They don't do that at our dinners. If the ticket holder isn't there they draw another. I would let my opinion be known to the organizer, but I wouldn't not go. It's fun and a good cause whether I win or not.

Thordo

Last edited by Thordo; 10-16-2019 at 8:34 AM..
Old 10-15-2019, 7:33 AM

Quote:
That is the first time I have heard of that being done! I have seen them pull guns from raffles or lower the number of guns to be raffled off if the attendance is low or there are too few bids. It is fairly common to see them reduce the number of prizes on the high end tables if not enough people buy that level of sponsor package.

I am curious to know where the raffle you went to was held. If nothing else, to avoid it. We would not do that at our dinner.
Old 10-21-2019, 1:27 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Where? I've attended dozens of FNRA events all over SoCal and I've never seen anything like that.
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!