Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 06-04-2018, 5:35 AM

Default 10 Meter Olympic Air Gun Range in OC

The Phoenix Schützen, a group within the Phoenix Club, a German social club in Anaheim, has a very nice 10 meter indoor range. Schützen is the German word for marksman.

The range is not open to the public except during Oktoberfest and a few other events. However, members of the Phoenix Club may join the shooting group. Annual membership for the Phoenix Club is $75; the dues for the shooting group are $50 per year.

The shooting group's range has 16 shooting stations with electric target placement and retrieval. There is a private bar next door, with $2 German beers. There are a couple of competitions within the club each year, one in the spring and a championship in the fall. The range is open to members Wednesday evenings and on Sunday mornings (primarily for youth shooting). Club members shoot both Olympic air rifle and air pistols. There is a tank for recharging compressed air weapons.

The group maintains the old traditions of the 15,000 shooting clubs in Germany. There is a formal uniform consisting of a traditional green jacket, black trousers, white shirt and green tie, and the Schützen hat.

Formerly quite a large group, the numbers have declined in the past decade and the average age of members is getting quite old... Anyone interested in German Schützen traditions, shooting opportunities, and membership should PM me. There are a number of non-German members. I've been in the group since 1985.

Last edited by Egerland; 06-04-2018 at 5:38 AM..
Old 06-04-2018, 11:29 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Cool! I'd be all over that if I didn't live so far away. Bummer for me.

I'd love to learn the finer techniques from some of those old timers.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 06-05-2018, 4:51 AM

Anyone interested in joining can meet me there on a Wednesday evening. Just send me a PM
Old 06-05-2018, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egerland View Post
The Phoenix Schützen, a group within the Phoenix Club, a German social club in Anaheim, has a very nice 10 meter indoor range. Schützen is the German word for marksman.

The range is not open to the public except during Oktoberfest and a few other events. However, members of the Phoenix Club may join the shooting group. Annual membership for the Phoenix Club is $75; the dues for the shooting group are $50 per year.

The shooting group's range has 16 shooting stations with electric target placement and retrieval. There is a private bar next door, with $2 German beers. There are a couple of competitions within the club each year, one in the spring and a championship in the fall. The range is open to members Wednesday evenings and on Sunday mornings (primarily for youth shooting). Club members shoot both Olympic air rifle and air pistols. There is a tank for recharging compressed air weapons.

The group maintains the old traditions of the 15,000 shooting clubs in Germany. There is a formal uniform consisting of a traditional green jacket, black trousers, white shirt and green tie, and the Schützen hat.

Formerly quite a large group, the numbers have declined in the past decade and the average age of members is getting quite old... Anyone interested in German Schützen traditions, shooting opportunities, and membership should PM me. There are a number of non-German members. I've been in the group since 1985.
I agree with Egerland.

The Phoenix Schutzen is a true paradise for those who enjoy shooting 10 meter air pistol/air rifle competition. The range is immaculate and one can almost feel as though he has been transported to some little burg in Germany while there. It is, without question, the best airgun range in all of Southern California.

The members are welcoming of all comers and one need not be of German heritage to join. There are competitions to test your marksmanship skills and banquets that provide a cornucopia of delicious German fare.

I was a member some years ago and though I enjoyed it, I had so many other things going on I’m my life that I had to let something go. Sadly, it was my membership in the Schutzen group. My uniform jacket, shirt, and hat now lay fallow in the back reaches of my closet, and the shooting badges I won jingle in a little box in one of my bureau drawers.

If you enjoy precision airguns, give it a try. You won’t regret it.
Old 07-12-2018, 5:18 PM

Hi Prob, You should come back. I originally joined in 1985, left around 2003 during my divorce and came back a couple of years ago. A lucky shot made me Schützenkönig this year.
Old 09-16-2018, 6:34 PM

I recently bought a Feinwerkbau 65 (my 5th) and in the case behind the foam was the test target and all of the previous owners Phoenix Club scorecards from the early 80s among more front sight inserts than you can imagine.