Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:01 AM

Wink just applied for my 01 FFL in Tracy. ca

well I have to add that I just applied for my 01 FFL here in are little town TRACY. located in northern CA pretty much by the Bay Area. so I did lots of homework and finally made the choice to do a in home base. first off after looking carefully of the steps on you tube and how others did it. I did my business license first!!! I WAS APPROVED in a residential area. there is only 1 gun shop here and we are about 70k population. we are more of a traveling city since everyone works in the Bay Area and lives in the valley. so to me it made sense to do it I had to first file for a fictitious name thought the county of san Joaquin, then submit that to my city and then I had to file a in home occupancy business application and submit that to the city along with my business license application. bam in a matter of 4 days I was emailed a copy of everything I need. and business license also they are sending a copy in mail. but while doing all this I had already download the forms from the ATF website and filled them out and went over and over to make sure I didn't forget anything. I already have a COE from CFAR and I submitted it back on oct 6 2018 well for some reason the USPS took it sweet as time delivering my application to the ATF in there home state. I thing Georgia anyways when I checked my tracking number on the USPS website it finally arrived on oct 26 and the next day my credit card was charged. so now is a waiting game. I have not heard from them yet or mail nothing so I assume after seeing they have 60 days to approve to deny ,I can say I might hear from them before dec 26. I will keep you updated

( yes my business license say in exact words) "-STARTING A NEW FIREARMS BUSINESS. AMMO. USE AND. Firearms Sales-"

I do not know why it was worded that way but it is

also to add that I forgot to mention to get my license I also need to apply for a CA sellers permit. ( for tax reason obviously) and a EIN number to file if you do have to. anyways I did all that so there was no reason for them to turn me down. im with-in zoning and compliance of a legit business. IM OFFICIALLY A BUSINESS OWENR. lol

Last edited by mmaaka; 11-08-2018 at 11:03 AM..
Old 11-08-2018, 11:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Awsome!

Now the bad news, you are only about 5% of the way to opening your business.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Awsome!

Now the bad news, you are only about 5% of the way to opening your business.

lol I agree. this is only being done to make a little cash. I already know there ant no retirement in this. but the joy of being able to buy my guns and sent to my home and hooking up my friends and family is purely awesome. but the real reason is to make profit just know I understand it won't be a lot. I just love firearms and working on them
Old 11-08-2018, 1:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaaka View Post
. this is only being done to make a little cash.
"Want to make a little cash in the gun business? Start with a lot of cash" -Kemasa
Gun transfers 10am-5pm 7 days a week!
We are an NFA firearms dealer!

Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!
Tons of new handguns! New Aero Receivers in stock soon!
Old 11-09-2018, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acespawnshop View Post
"Want to make a little cash in the gun business? Start with a lot of cash" -Kemasa
Amen
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. Rbt. Heinlein
Old 11-09-2018, 2:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

At career day : "do you enjoy paperwork, audits from the federal and state governments, dealing with local licensing agencies and everchanging government regulations and legislation? Do you think that 10% is a fair mark up on your inventory? Do you love answering emails and questions from customers? Do you get excited at the thought of fines, license revocation, and or imprisonment for clerical errors? Then you might have what it takes to become a Federally licensed Firearms Dealer!!!!!!"

Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!

Last edited by acespawnshop; 11-09-2018 at 2:39 PM..
Old 11-09-2018, 3:36 PM

Quote:
At career day : "do you enjoy paperwork, audits from the federal and state governments, dealing with local licensing agencies and everchanging government regulations and legislation? Do you think that 10% is a fair mark up on your inventory? Do you love answering emails and questions from customers? Do you get excited at the thought of fines, license revocation, and or imprisonment for clerical errors? Then you might have what it takes to become a Federally licensed Firearms Dealer!!!!!!"

That is too funny but oh so true.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. Rbt. Heinlein
Old 11-09-2018, 3:56 PM

Congrats and welcome to the entrepreneur club. Do not forget to incorporate, if it makes sense.
Old 11-10-2018, 9:32 AM

At best for home based consider an LLC. Much less expensive.
Old 11-10-2018, 9:58 AM

Congratulations!!!
Old 11-11-2018, 9:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I really shouldn't get credit for that statement. While I have said it, I am only repeating what others have said.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-11-2018, 9:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Do you think that 10% is a fair mark up on your inventory?
Hmmm, I think many dealers would like to make 10%. It seems more like the old line of losing money on every sale, but making it up in volume. I have often heard around 5%, but then they get accused of gouging, and that does not even take into account overhead. It is always fun to do the receipt and see that while you do all the work, the government gets a lot more money than you do and you don't even get paid to collect the money for them.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-11-2018, 7:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
I really shouldn't get credit for that statement. While I have said it, I am only repeating what others have said.
Wow. That hurts. Next you’re going to ruin my childhood by telling me Santa was just my mom and dad.

Old 11-12-2018, 2:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Wow. That hurts. Next you’re going to ruin my childhood by telling me Santa was just my mom and dad.
I would never tell you that, the Easter Bunny would get very upset if I did.