Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:56 AM

Default Urban Carry G3 - For Glock 19

Just seeking some feedback if anyone here has tried the Urban Carry G3 holster? I am looking at this for a Glock 19, thanks!
Old 06-20-2020, 9:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's got tons of positive reviews. I've been looking into getting one myself for carrying a kahr pm9 at work (wear a full suit).

Seems pretty good for that kind of use
Old 06-21-2020, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post
It's got tons of positive reviews. I've been looking into getting one myself for carrying a kahr pm9 at work (wear a full suit).

Seems pretty good for that kind of use
Thanks for replying, have seen the reviews too, was just hoping somebody here had some real world experience carrying with the G3....
Old 06-21-2020, 11:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Here's a review of an older version...and he really didn't like it. But perhaps they've resolved these issues with the newer version. I have no experience with it but it always seemed kinda "gimmicky" to me. YMMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUvpH1u3c-0

Fighter Pilot
Old 06-23-2020, 8:20 PM

Hi. Mine just arrived the other day. I was really excited to use it. It works great - just like the ad. The problem for me is I am a little guy and my pants are generally slim fit. It conceals well when I am standing but so far - and today is the first and only day i've tried it so far - it prints significantly when seated. I acknowledge my pants are snug and I may have to look into looser pants.
Old 06-23-2020, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
Here's a review of an older version...and he really didn't like it. But perhaps they've resolved these issues with the newer version. I have no experience with it but it always seemed kinda "gimmicky" to me. YMMV.

This guy is kind of hilarious. He didn't pull the gun all the way up, so it's still engaged in the fold and he's saying he can't get his fingers around the grip. Yeah. It's because you didn't pull the leather all the way up. Like you are supposed to!
Old 06-23-2020, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post

Having one in the room next to me I would say this guy is intentionally trying to look weak to make it look bad. I'm not sure I love it - I think it prints too much in snug pants when seated (not when standing). But the concept is good. It fits more than one gun (eg one size will fit similar sized subcompacts), but the leather forms to the gun so it seems to result in a good fit. If you actually pull the release all the way up like it was designed the gun comes up fine. If you pull it up halfway so you can make a video showing how hard it is to engage the grip you can make it look difficult to grip but that is because you are weak sauce not because the product is bad. My Sig seems to fit pretty tight. They acknowledge that if you are sitting, the direction of pull would make it difficult to withdraw the weapon and so they say you have to lean back a little to draw it. Which I would imagine is the same with any AIWB.

Overall I'd totally disregard this guy. He seems to want to make it look bad and so does everything wrong to make it look bad.
Old 07-07-2020, 7:47 PM

Got one to try holstering my CZ 75B SA (full size). Pretty consistent with what everyone is saying, it works fine when standing, but sitting it's a bit harder. But I do wear slim fit jeans too, so I probably need "straight/loose fit" to make this work.

To be fair, it looks more like I have a massive phone in my pocket (I had it around 2pm position) than a gun, and I am putting a full size gun there. The pull takes a bit to get used to, but it's doable even when seated (without leaning back too much).

It was super comfortable though, more than any other IWB holster I've tried (to be fair, I've only tried Alienware so far). The customer service is also super good and fast, and they offered to have me return it or exchange for some of their English Birdle belts, so I took them up on that.

once I figure out my compact gun, I'll definitely be giving Urban Carry a try again, either the G3 or the Lock Leather.
Old 07-07-2020, 9:36 PM

I'm still doing my own research, but this is probably one of the most comprehensive and unbiased 3rd party review I've seen. I love how he shows you a lot of different ways to carry and draw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp2BdXmDd3k
Old 07-23-2020, 6:50 PM
Veteran Member

Im glad this exists! I've been looking at this and the g code holster. This is just different in a good way.
Old 07-28-2020, 6:12 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

I wear form fitted Skinny cut polyester slacks every day, so printing is a big concern. But with bell bottoms there is plenty of room for an ankle rig.
Old 07-29-2020, 9:05 PM

Bought the Urban Carry G3, but didn't like it. I exchanged for two very nice leather gun belts from them. Good customer service.
Old 08-01-2020, 4:57 PM

I was in a force on force class Last weekend and there was a gentleman running it. By the end of his first scenario he got rid of it and used an IWB holster. His scenario required a one handed draw. He wasn’t able to do it.

Last edited by mjv; 08-01-2020 at 5:00 PM..
Old 08-01-2020, 9:35 PM

I loved the concept and ordered one for my Shield w TLR-6, which required their magnetic retention system - it did not work or fit correctly (rear of slide and grip sat behind, not beneath, my belt, plus 2 layers of thick leather, making it ridiculously uncomfortable and obvious). I tried for a few weeks to get it to fit or work right to no avail.

I contacted customer service who couldn’t figure the issue out, so I ended up returning it. I may have just gotten a bad cut or something, but it didn’t work out for me.
Old 09-21-2020, 7:50 AM
Veteran Member

Really? You want an uncircumcised holster? That thing looks and functions hideously.

2x SKS Trench Art $480 & $500
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post28101198
Old 09-23-2020, 4:22 PM

Looks like to many moving parts to me. Try Hidden Hybrid holsters. That and a good gun belt and you're good to go.