Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-18-2020, 7:20 PM
Veteran Member

The new SCOTUS vacancy DEMANDS that we do all we canto get Trump reelected...

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 09-18-2020, 9:39 PM
It smells in here...
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Free trade with slave states that subsidize entire industries to have market control is your idea of free trade?

Go back to Soros, Bloomberg and the DNC and tell them you stuck out again by your pretend conservative narrative !
I agree 100%. You know what's up.
Perhaps the irony of § 32310 escapes notice....With Colonists still hurting from the wounds of war, the Second Amendment guaranteed the rights of new American citizens to protect themselves from oppressors foreign and domestic. So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State. - Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 09-18-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
The new SCOTUS vacancy DEMANDS that we do all we canto get Trump reelected...
You nailed it.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt1372 View Post
The only way to do this (since the weak kneed Repubs in the Senate failed to impeach him) is to vote him out of office and if that means voting for Biden/Harris, so be it.

NOTHING happened to our 2nd Amendment rights when Obama/Biden were elected and NOTHING will happen when Biden/Harris are elected too.

The SCOTUS has already set a clear standards for preserving our 2nd A rights and if the very "liberal" 9th Circuit can issue a ruling declaring the hicap mag ban "unconstitutional" that just proves that voting Repub is entirely unncessary to preserve our 2nd A rights.
Are you serious? Both Biden and Harris have pledged to further weaken 2A. Harris said that she’ll give Congress 90 days to make national gun laws or she will take executive action. She wants to protect the babies....just not the unborn ones.

Biden has said that he’s going to appoint Master Beto O’Rourke as his “gun czar” to confiscate “dangerous weapons” from legal gun owners.

The SCOTUS has been silent on 2A and has not taken any of the California cases like the high (actually standard) magazine law and the California roster law. If Libs get the SCOTUS majority at some point we all know that 2A is toast.

If you think that Biden/Harris is a better option than Trump/Pence then I hope you’re thinking about that as armed government officials knock on you door and demand your guns.

Last edited by lmcc0072; 09-18-2020 at 11:29 PM..
Old 09-18-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Are YOU really so OBTUSE as to compare Trump to Hitler? Name ANYTHING, ANY executive action, that he has actually taken (not said) that would give even a half-wit a basis to compare him to Hitler? So far its the progressives and the democrats who are failing to condemn and thereby quietly encouraging the thugs who are tearing down the country, rioting, burning, looting, causing chaos and anarchy for political gain! STUDY German history in the 1920's-30's and you will see that is EXACTLY how the Nazi Sturmabteilung (brown shirts) operated; using violence to demand political change they wanted, using violence to suppress opposition voices and breakup opposition political rallies/events... !
Why do you have to bring historical facts into the conversation? The guy only compared Trump to Hitler. No, he didn’t offer any evidence to what he said, but in this day and age you just need to say it.

I see Antifa as 1930 Nazi Germany brown shirts too. Not many other people have made the connection or realized the similarities. Lots of similarities with the DNC and Nazi Germany. Disarming citizens, whites and police replacing Jews, Antifa are the brown shirts, propaganda, leftist ideals taught in schools, forcefully taking from one group and giving to another, etc...
Old 09-19-2020, 1:06 AM

It baffles me that in such a great country with so many ingenious people that we are left choosing between Biden and Trump.

I'm not attacking either - or maybe I am attacking both - but where are the great leaders, those of which the likes are of those who founded this country?

We evolve yes, but unfortunately there is certain character lacking in all of these candidates.

Last edited by bp10; 09-19-2020 at 1:10 AM..
Old 09-19-2020, 1:30 AM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Trump is the right man for our times. Not many people have the fortitude that he has to withstand so much hatred for the past 4 years and to fight the establishment and the evil media.
Old 09-19-2020, 1:34 AM

Undoubtedly a display of character and leadership that is often ignored.
Old 09-19-2020, 6:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordupmybrotha View Post
Trump is the right man for our times. Not many people have the fortitude that he has to withstand so much hatred for the past 4 years and to fight the establishment and the evil media.
^^^^This is the most insightful comment in the thread! Thank you for pointing it out.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 09-19-2020, 8:55 AM
Veteran Member

Some more FACTS supporting the argument that we need to vote for Trump and to exclusively vote Republican as gun owners seeking to protect the 2A!

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/dis...#ixzz6YVXyMmAo
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

The dissent is a powerful defense of the exercise of Second Amendment rights, and of Constitutional limitation of government power. Eight judges are nearly a third of the judges on the Ninth Circuit. Seven of those eight judges were appointed by President Donald Trump. Here is an excerpt from the dissent.

Dissenting from the denial of rehearing en banc, Judge Bumatay, joined by Judges VanDyke, and with whom judges Ikuta, Bade, and Hunsaker join as to Part IV, and with whom Judges Bennett, Collins, and Bress join as to Part IV.B, stated that the panel’s opinion justified the disturbing deprivation of a fundamental right by ignoring the history and tradition of the Second Amendment and applying ill-suited, foreign statistical studies that had no bearing on plaintiff’s circumstances. The proper inquiry would have recognized that the lifetime ban imposed by § 922(g)(4) on plaintiff is unequivocally a complete deprivation of his core right to home gun ownership, and therefore that the law was unconstitutional. Judge Bumatay stated that the panel incorrectly identified intermediate scrutiny as the proper standard of review and then flubbed its application. By failing to correct these errors, the Court undermined its Second Amendment jurisprudence and gave an unworthy judicial imprimatur to the false premise that once mentally ill, always mentally ill. Dissenting from the denial of rehearing en banc, Judge VanDyke, joined by Judge Bumatay, stated that he agreed with Judge Bumatay’s dissent from the denial of rehearing en banc and wrote separately because he believes that the panel should have reconsidered the panel’s circular logic about who lies at the core of the Second Amendment. Judge VanDyke stated that the panel’s bootstrapping, class-based approach to defining those at the “core” of the Second Amendment was unjust and antithetical to controlling case law. Judge VanDyke also stated that the court’s intermediate scrutiny jurisprudence is broken, at least as to Second Amendment claims.

All but one of the judges who actively dissented, in order to protect and defend Second Amendment rights at the Ninth Circuit, were appointed by President Donald Trump. The other judge was appointed by President George W. Bush.

Judge Appointed by

Bade Trump appointee
Bumatay Trump appointee
Bennet Trump appointee
Bress Trump appointee
Collin Trump appointee
Hunsaker Trump appointee
Ikuta G. W. Bush appointee
VanDyke Trump appointee

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 09-19-2020 at 8:57 AM..
Old 09-23-2020, 3:37 PM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

This is a no brainer. Whoever values liberty should vote for Trump.
Old 09-23-2020, 4:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If you value what little we have left and hope to improve the situation in the future Trump is the only vote that makes any sense. Biden/ Harris are not our friends. Never will be.
Old 09-24-2020, 8:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Id vote republican but never Trump.

Its mind boggling how people think we have an actual democracy in a corrupt 2 party system. BOTH parties are infested with NEO LIBERALS!

Not to mention someone thinking that Trump actually cares about anyone but himself and immediate family?? BILLIONAIRES DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR I

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.
Old 09-24-2020, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategist102 View Post
There's also a libertarian candidate as well.
They're compromised now too via secret societies hell bent on the New World Order mass genocide
Old 09-25-2020, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp10 View Post
It baffles me that in such a great country with so many ingenious people that we are left choosing between Biden and Trump.

I'm not attacking either - or maybe I am attacking both - but where are the great leaders, those of which the likes are of those who founded this country?

We evolve yes, but unfortunately there is certain character lacking in all of these candidates.
This is basically how I feel about it. Biden is a weak candidate and poor potential leader even if you are left leaning. Trump... to me it became unthinkable to vote for him when he was taped bragging about sexually assaulting a woman. Not morally fit to hold the office. I could talk about the rest of his track record but that was all it took and all I feel it should take for most people. I'll never vote for an admitted sexual assaulter, making a deal with that devil isn't worth any outcome to me.

Quote:
Maybe if he did less hate-inspiring things he'd get less hatred. Reagan wasn't hated near as much, nor was Bush Sr. W was hated, but not nearly at this level and he got us into at least one unpopular war, to some two.

Quote:
This is a no brainer. Whoever values liberty should vote for Trump.
2A is not the only right. And don't tell me none of the others matter because if congress was filled with 100% Republicans we'd never have to spend another second worrying about 2A but we'd live in a society that limited many other vital rights. Here is a tracker from Columbia Law School of Trump's track record on civil rights. You may not have an issue with everything there but if you read down far enough I think it's hard to say that's strongly in-line with liberty.

I don't align fully with either party. To me, voting is striking a difficult balance of competing interests. And for anyone that thinks that means voting a straight Democratic ticket or that I haven't voted for Republican presidential candidates in my adult life, you're wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunPreacher View Post
They're compromised now too via secret societies hell bent on the New World Order mass genocide
Oh you're one of those

Last edited by superzeus; 09-25-2020 at 2:35 AM..
Old 09-25-2020, 5:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzeus View Post
This is basically how I feel about it. Biden is a weak candidate and poor potential leader even if you are left leaning. Trump... to me it became unthinkable to vote for him when he was taped bragging about sexually assaulting a woman. Not morally fit to hold the office. I could talk about the rest of his track record but that was all it took and all I feel it should take for most people. I'll never vote for an admitted sexual assaulter, making a deal with that devil isn't worth any outcome to me.

Maybe if he did less hate-inspiring things he'd get less hatred. Reagan wasn't hated near as much, nor was Bush Sr. W was hated, but not nearly at this level and he got us into at least one unpopular war, to some two.

2A is not the only right. And don't tell me none of the others matter because if congress was filled with 100% Republicans we'd never have to spend another second worrying about 2A but we'd live in a society that limited many other vital rights. Here is a tracker from Columbia Law School of Trump's track record on civil rights. You may not have an issue with everything there but if you read down far enough I think it's hard to say that's strongly in-line with liberty.

I don't align fully with either party. To me, voting is striking a difficult balance of competing interests. And for anyone that thinks that means voting a straight Democratic ticket or that I haven't voted for Republican presidential candidates in my adult life, you're wrong.

Oh you're one of those
^^^^ You have two choices this election.. which one are you voting for? I think you are another anti Trump sapper....GTF outta here. https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

THE BIDEN PLAN TO END OUR GUN VIOLENCE EPIDEMIC
Joe Biden knows that gun violence is a public health epidemic. Almost 40,000 people die as a result of firearm injuries every year in the United States, and many more are wounded. Some of these deaths and injuries are the result of mass shootings that make national headlines. Others are the result of daily acts of gun violence or suicides that may not make national headlines, but are just as devastating to the families and communities left behind.

Joe Biden has taken on the National Rifle Association (NRA) on the national stage and won – twice. In 1993, he shepherded through Congress the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, which established the background check system that has since kept more than 3 million firearms out of dangerous hands. In 1994, Biden – along with Senator Dianne Feinstein – secured the passage of 10-year bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. As president, Joe Biden will defeat the NRA again.

Joe Biden also knows how to make progress on reducing gun violence using executive action. After the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012, President Obama tasked Vice President Biden with developing both legislative proposals and executive actions to make our communities safer. As a result of this effort, the Obama-Biden Administration took more than two dozen actions, including narrowing the so-called “gun show loophole,” increasing the number of records in the background check system, and expanding funding for mental health services.

It’s within our grasp to end our gun violence epidemic and respect the Second Amendment, which is limited. As president, Biden will pursue constitutional, common-sense gun safety policies. Biden will:

Hold gun manufacturers accountable. In 2005, then-Senator Biden voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, but gun manufacturers successfully lobbied Congress to secure its passage. This law protects these manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products – a protection granted to no other industry. Biden will prioritize repealing this protection.

Get weapons of war off our streets. The bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines that Biden, along with Senator Feinstein, secured in 1994 reduced the lethality of mass shootings. But, in order to secure the passage of the bans, they had to agree to a 10-year sunset provision and when the time came, the Bush Administration failed to extend them. As president, Biden will:

Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.
Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.
Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.
Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.
Keep guns out of dangerous hands. The federal background check system (the National Instant Criminal Background Check System) is one of the best tools we have to prevent gun violence, but it’s only effective when it’s used. Biden will enact universal background check legislation and close other loopholes that allow people who should be prohibited from purchasing firearms from making those purchases. Specifically, he will:

Require background checks for all gun sales. Today, an estimated 1 in 5 firearms are sold or transferred without a background check. Biden will enact universal background check legislation, requiring a background check for all gun sales with very limited exceptions, such as gifts between close family members. This will close the so-called “gun show and online sales loophole” that the Obama-Biden Administration narrowed, but which cannot be fully closed by executive action alone.
Close other loopholes in the federal background check system. In addition to closing the “boyfriend loophole” highlighted below, Biden will:
Reinstate the Obama-Biden policy to keep guns out of the hands of certain people unable to manage their affairs for mental reasons, which President Trump reversed. In 2016, the Obama-Biden Administration finalized a rule to make sure the Social Security Administration (SSA) sends to the background check system records that it holds of individuals who are prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms because they have been adjudicated by the SSA as unable to manage their affairs for mental reasons. But one of the first actions Donald Trump took as president was to reverse this rule. President Biden will enact legislation to codify this policy.
Close the “hate crime loophole.” Biden will enact legislation prohibiting an individual “who has been convicted of a misdemeanor hate crime, or received an enhanced sentence for a misdemeanor because of hate or bias in its commission” from purchasing or possessing a firearm.
Close the “Charleston loophole.” The Charleston loophole allows people to complete a firearms purchase if their background check is not completed within three business days. Biden supports the proposal in the Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2019, which extends the timeline from three to 10 business days. Biden will also direct the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to put on his desk within his first 100 days as president a report detailing the cases in which background checks are not completed within 10 business days and steps the federal government can take to reduce or eliminate this occurrence.
Close the “fugitive from justice” loophole created by the Trump Administration. Because of actions by the Trump Administration, records of almost 500,000 fugitives from justice who are prohibited from purchasing firearms were deleted from the background check system. The Biden Administration will restore these records, and enact legislation to make clear that people facing arrest warrants are prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms.
End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 09-25-2020 at 5:56 AM..
Old 09-25-2020, 6:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Oh you're one of those
And you are one of THOSE.....THis is what the Biden/Trump choice comes down to for gun owners.... https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...nt_backer.html

Few issues divide Democrat and Republican-appointed judges more consistently and completely than gun control. The remaining Democratic appointments — Sotomayor, Breyer, and Kagan — have all noted their intentions to vote to overturn the court’s 2008 Heller and 2010 McDonald decisions, which merely ensured that the government could not completely ban guns. The Democratic justices on the Supreme Court dissented from the McDonald case by arguing that the U.S. Constitution does “not include a general right to keep and bear firearms for purposes of private self-defense. . . . the use of arms for private self-defense does not warrant federal constitutional protection from state regulation.”

At a town hall event in New Hampshire earlier this month, Joe Biden was asked whether he agreed that the Second Amendment protects an individual’s right to own guns. Biden made it clear enough that he would overturn the court’s Heller and McDonald decisions: “If I were on the court, I wouldn’t have made the same ruling.”

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 09-25-2020 at 6:05 AM..
Old 09-25-2020, 8:09 AM
I need a LIFE!!

[QUOTE=superzeus;24850024]This is basically how I feel about it. Biden is a weak candidate and poor potential leader even if you are left leaning. Trump... to me it became unthinkable to vote for him when he was taped bragging about sexually assaulting a woman. Not morally fit to hold the office. I could talk about the rest of his track record but that was all it took and all I feel it should take for most people. I'll never vote for an admitted sexual assaulter, making a deal with that devil isn't worth any outcome to me.

reply,
Nice try Mr Democrat, but you seem to have forgotten the hair sniffing,intimate touching and sexual assault claims against Joe Biden !
BTW there is probably not a man alive who in later years regrets some earlier statements or even actions. Its part of being flawed human beings !

trump 2020
Old 09-25-2020, 10:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

The "other right" that comes to mind is embodied in the 1st Amendment. Free speech specifically. Neither party does what I would prefer, which is to follow the opinions of Justice Black. However to be clear, the party of using words as "hate crimes" and shutting down free speech belongs to the Democrats.

Other than the 1st and 2nd Amendment offering clear differences between R & D the only other substantive right showing great difference is abortion. Which, as the 2nd Amendment is with some gunowners here, doesn't rank particularly high on my list of priorities one way or the other. I admit that, it would be refreshing if those gunowners would at least do the same.

It's one thing to say "I'm not a single issue voter" and another entirely to do nothing about changing the habits of one's party. That "Democrat gunowners" see their role as only "I won't vote R" and that's the end of it - well, that's a very easy out, isn't it?
Old 09-26-2020, 6:19 AM

Quote:
^^^^ You have two choices this election.. which one are you voting for? I think you are another anti Trump sapper....GTF outta here. https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/
[/B]
I don't have to go anywhere. You aren't gonna bully me out of here and strong Trump supporters are not the only people allowed to own or talk about guns, or support 2A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Nice try Mr Democrat
I see you didn't read my post, or the first time you saw someone not worshipping at the altar of Trump felt the need to reflexively post this. Neither speaks well to you maturity and judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher;24
The "other right" that comes to mind is embodied in the 1st Amendment. Free speech specifically. Neither party does what I would prefer, which is to follow the opinions of Justice Black. However to be clear, the party of using words as "hate crimes" and shutting down free speech belongs to the Democrats.

Other than the 1st and 2nd Amendment offering clear differences between R & D the only other substantive right showing great difference is abortion. Which, as the 2nd Amendment is with some gunowners here, doesn't rank particularly high on my list of priorities one way or the other. I admit that, it would be refreshing if those gunowners would at least do the same.

It's one thing to say "I'm not a single issue voter" and another entirely to do nothing about changing the habits of one's party. That "Democrat gunowners" see their role as only "I won't vote R" and that's the end of it - well, that's a very easy out, isn't it?
I vote Republican at the local and state level. I have conversations with my liberal friends trying to open their minds on gun issues. I make very clear to any politician on either side who asks for my opinion via survey/feedback or my proactive calls that this is an item I weigh very heavily. I don't cross off Republicans nationally either I voted for Bush both times, McCain, and Romney, and most recently Gary Johnson. For reasons I've mentioned and a number of others I haven't I will not vote for Trump, no matter what.

Last edited by superzeus; 09-26-2020 at 6:22 AM..
Old 09-26-2020, 6:41 AM

Quote:
I don't have to go anywhere. You aren't gonna bully me out of here and strong Trump supporters are not the only people allowed to own or talk about guns, or support 2A.

I see you didn't read my post, or the first time you saw someone not worshipping at the altar of Trump felt the need to reflexively post this. Neither speaks well to you maturity and judgment.

I vote Republican at the local and state level. I have conversations with my liberal friends trying to open their minds on gun issues. I make very clear to any politician on either side who asks for my opinion via survey/feedback or my proactive calls that this is an item I weigh very heavily. I don't cross off Republicans nationally either I voted for Bush both times, McCain, and Romney, and most recently Gary Johnson. For reasons I've mentioned and a number of others I haven't I will not vote for Trump, no matter what.
Give me 3 reasons to vote for Biden, Harris? How can I expect them to protect my freedoms as a US citizen?
Old 09-26-2020, 6:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

You don't have to but you really should....

His opinion of your politics has nothing to do with either....

I vote Republican at the local and state level. I have conversations with my liberal friends trying to open their minds on gun issues. I make very clear to any politician on either side who asks for my opinion via survey/feedback or my proactive calls that this is an item I weigh very heavily. I don't cross off Republicans nationally either I voted for Bush both times, McCain, and Romney, and most recently Gary Johnson. For reasons I've mentioned and a number of others I haven't and I will not vote for Trump, no matter what.

FIFY....You clearly are either ignorant or obtuse on the 2A issues facing the country this election cycle in so much as you fail to realize that a Biden win at the national level will result in gun control legislation, executive action and gun confiscation that the states will have nothing to do with.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 09-26-2020 at 6:47 AM..