Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2022, 7:36 PM

Default Lever Action Gunsmith San Diego

Looking for a solid lever action gunsmith in SD area to get a Taylor’s & Co. 1892 .357 in reliable order. Almost a brand new gun and is the current safe queen. It’s been somewhat of a Lemon. Sent it back to Taylor’s for repair soon after purchase, but they still didn’t get it right. Any recommendations much appreciated.
Old 01-16-2022, 4:47 AM

I don’t own a lever action, but I took my Garand over to Clothey and sons in Santee and he got it running smooth. Luckily I haven’t needed anymore gunsmithing but I wouldn’t hesitate going back to them. Give them a call, explain your issues and feel it out. Good luck, I hope someone can get it working for you.
Old 01-16-2022, 9:15 AM

Many thanks Chokoloso! I will certainly give them a shout this week. Again, thank you.
Old 01-16-2022, 9:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokoloso View Post
I don’t own a lever action, but I took my Garand over to Clothey and sons in Santee and he got it running smooth. Luckily I haven’t needed anymore gunsmithing but I wouldn’t hesitate going back to them. Give them a call, explain your issues and feel it out. Good luck, I hope someone can get it working for you.
Are you talking about the guy who works out of his garage? If so, that is where I took mine - no complaints from me.
Old 01-17-2022, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday View Post
Are you talking about the guy who works out of his garage? If so, that is where I took mine - no complaints from me.
No this is an actual shop in a strip mall. I think you’re referring to the dude that can be grumpy at times yet is well respected by calgunners. I forgot the name of his place. Gusslers?
Old 01-17-2022, 8:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokoloso View Post
No this is an actual shop in a strip mall. I think you’re referring to the dude that can be grumpy at times yet is well respected by calgunners. I forgot the name of his place. Gusslers?
Ah, yes, right on both accounts!
Old 01-20-2022, 10:41 AM

Gusslers in Santee on Dempster
Old 01-31-2022, 7:51 AM

I settled on Clothey & Sons and am exceedingly happy. Their customer service and approachability were well above board. Great shop! They only do gunsmithing (no firearms sales) so their attention is 110% focused on the job at hand. Thank you for the pointer Chokoloso. This will be my go-to shop from now on.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainoa88 View Post
I settled on Clothey & Sons and am exceedingly happy. Their customer service and approachability were well above board. Great shop! They only do gunsmithing (no firearms sales) so their attention is 110% focused on the job at hand. Thank you for the pointer Chokoloso. This will be my go-to shop from now on.
Glad to help and get them some more business.
Old 02-02-2022, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainoa88 View Post
I had them work on my Uberti 1873. They gave me a a 3-4 week timeframe - they had it done in less than a week. I couldn't even get another gunsmith in San Diego to even look at it! Needless to say these guys are now on speed dial. Pat does amazing work!