Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-22-2023, 9:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Newsom to visit Israel and China.

Seriously, any chance he gets lost?

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/cali...srael/3347716/
Old 10-22-2023, 9:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBusa View Post

I wonder if hes going to be driving a green EV from Sacramento to the ME & China?
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 10-22-2023, 4:02 PM

Quote:

He's an idiot.
1/13/2022 Interviewed
1/14/2022 LiveScan
1/14/2022 CA and FBI Cleared
2/12/2022 Firearms cleared
3/23/2022 Proceed to Training email
4/3/2022 training completed
4/27/2022 Pickup!!
Old 10-22-2023, 9:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv5 View Post
He's an idiot.
He's campaigning & begging for funds for prez.

SB2 labels churches as sensitive areas where one can't carry. He then comes out, today or yesterday I believe, and says he's bolstering security at churches over the mid-east war. Seems a little two-faced to me! He's a modern-day Janus!
Old 10-22-2023, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member

Unhappy

This is nothing. When the Newsom 2028 presidential campaign starts in earnest, everyone will vomit.
Old 10-23-2023, 7:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if Newsom gets endorsed as VeePee (buh-by Kamala), elected and then be in position to take over for Biden (for whatever typical reason health, spend time with family, etc.) 15, maybe 20, minutes later.
Old 11-22-2023, 6:44 AM

Any challenges to the public transit ban? I think I remember during the actual Bruen arguments a Justice saying that public transit is the kind of place where someone would more likely need to carry.
Old 11-22-2023, 8:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash359 View Post
Any challenges to the public transit ban? I think I remember during the actual Bruen arguments a Justice saying that public transit is the kind of place where someone would more likely need to carry.

Think of SB2 as Californias version of the chant: From the river to the sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 11-22-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Yes, May vs Bonta is challenging the public transportation ban among other things.

For argument, see plaintiff latest brief, item E, page 14.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...-robert-bonta/

And yes, of course transportation is a likely place you might have to defend.
Old 11-22-2023, 7:00 PM
Veteran Member

All of the SB2 restrictions on bearing arms on public transit, in public parks, through college campuses (which encompass huge swaths of urban areas), and more are outrageous.
Old 11-26-2023, 7:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickybillegas View Post
Yes, May vs Bonta is challenging the public transportation ban among other things.

For argument, see plaintiff latest brief, item E, page 14.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...-robert-bonta/

And yes, of course transportation is a likely place you might have to defend.
This is the case being heard on 12/20? I sure hope of gets a TRO or something before January. Though I'm not optimistic.
Old 11-26-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
This is the case being heard on 12/20? I sure hope of gets a TRO or something before January. Though I'm not optimistic.
Yes, the two cases (May vs Bonta and Carralero vs Bonta) have been consolidated and hearing on Dec. 20.

I am optimistic. I think we have a 50/50 chance or better of getting an injunction before Jan. We have a 2nd amendment respecting judge, and similar cases have already been adjudicated in districts courts around the country for precedent.
Old 11-26-2023, 3:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickybillegas View Post
Yes, the two cases (May vs Bonta and Carralero vs Bonta) have been consolidated and hearing on Dec. 20.

I am optimistic. I think we have a 50/50 chance or better of getting an injunction before Jan. We have a 2nd amendment respecting judge, and similar cases have already been adjudicated in districts courts around the country for precedent.
I flatly expect the court will strike down the default private property rule almost immediately. The other sensitive places restrictions will be a mixed bag.
Old 11-27-2023, 12:36 PM

it doesn't matter... every section will eventually go to 9th circuit, 3 judges may or may not throw down every section, En Banc, upheld... and Californezuela Tyrants hope and pray when it reaches SCOTUS, it is stacked with Commie Soros/obummer/biden commie justices...

that is the Newscum/democrat/californiatan process...
Old 11-27-2023, 4:00 PM
Veteran Member

The New York Concealed Carry Improvement Act did at least get the attention of a few Supreme Court Justices. The Ninth Circuit will not be able to stop this train indefinitely.
Old 11-27-2023, 9:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostHeaven View Post
The New York Concealed Carry Improvement Act did at least get the attention of a few Supreme Court Justices. The Ninth Circuit will not be able to stop this train indefinitely.
They just keep laying more track in the wrong direction.
Old 11-29-2023, 11:27 AM
Mountain Picker
CGN Contributor

I read the bill and maybe I missed it, but...

Is there a requirement that we have to have a psych evaluation regardless of which county?

Or is this up to the individual IA?

At this time, there is nothing regarding SB2 on the Tuolumne County Sheriff's website.
-P
Old 11-29-2023, 11:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston-CLB View Post
I read the bill and maybe I missed it, but...

Is there a requirement that we have to have a psych evaluation regardless of which county?

Or is this up to the individual IA?

At this time, there is nothing regarding SB2 on the Tuolumne County Sheriff's website.
-P
IIRC, still IA discretionary.

iTrader
Old 11-29-2023, 12:05 PM
Mountain Picker
CGN Contributor

Thanks, 9Cal!

This bill is so egregious it makes me want to hurl!
-P
Old 11-29-2023, 4:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If SB2 goes through:

With the attack in Israel, Rabbi's and other Jewish people who are observant of the Sabbath laws which prohibit driving on the Sabbath (they walk to and from their Synagogues on Friday night and Saturday) are going to have a problem trying to protect themselves.
Many are arming themselves, and are going to be exposed if they cannot carry due to SB2.

Do you think they deliberately called it SB2, knowing that it should be called BS2. BS1 was the failed 918.
Old 11-29-2023, 5:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
If SB2 goes through:

With the attack in Israel, Rabbi's and other Jewish people who are observant of the Sabbath laws which prohibit driving on the Sabbath (they walk to and from their Synagogues on Friday night and Saturday) are going to have a problem trying to protect themselves.
Many are arming themselves, and are going to be exposed if they cannot carry due to SB2.

Do you think they deliberately called it SB2, knowing that it should be called BS2. BS1 was the failed 918.
How many Jewish folks who desire to be legally armed voted for the loose democrat turds who are preventing them from exercising their own self-protection? The democrats are nothing more than modern Nazi evil, who, given the opportunity would rid society of the Jewish population with great pleasure.

Democrats do not care about all the people their policies kill. They only want total power and control over all who disagree. That many Jews will suffer is of no concern. Meanwhile the courts (9th circus) let the California legislature and Rob Bonta totally disregard the weakling SCOTUS rulings and rape the citizens. Their enactment of SB2 is proof of that.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:52 AM

SB2 stands for 'senate bill 2' which the 2 stands for the sequence of introduction in the legislative calendar. It was introduced almost immediately because it was already written as SB918, and Portantino was chomping to bits to get it re-introduced as SB2. He even said so right after SB 918 failed.
So I don't think the '2' has any other significance.

You are right though, they don't care. It's not about saving lives, it's about controlling the public.
Old 11-30-2023, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splithoof View Post
Democrats do not care about all the people their policies kill. They only want total power and control over all who disagree. That many Jews will suffer is of no concern. Meanwhile the courts (9th circus) let the California legislature and Rob Bonta totally disregard the weakling SCOTUS rulings and rape the citizens. Their enactment of SB2 is proof of that.

Democrats want exclusive government control over all aspects of use-of-force.

The Second Amendment makes us citizens, not subjects. All other enumerated rights are meaningless without gun rights.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Democrats want exclusive government control over all aspects of use-of-force.
Democrats want full, exclusive government control over all aspects of your entire life, starting with any finances. That some of us seek independence and the desire to be on our own without government control is a direct threat to their existence, and therefore must be quashed at every opportunity.
To me, they are child raping goat sodomizers and pathological liars. That is an accurate description of the California state legislature, the 9th circus, the governor and his squat, effeminate attorney general.
Old 12-01-2023, 6:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I hope this was not a serious post.
Quote:
If SB2 goes through: SB 2 has gone through. The question now is whether a court will enjoin the sensitive spaces (and eventually other) aspects of the statutes which go into full effect on 1/1/24.

With the attack in Israel, Rabbi's (sic) and other Jewish people who are observant of the Sabbath laws which prohibit driving on the Sabbath (they walk to and from their Synagogues on Friday night and Saturday) are going to have a problem trying to protect themselves. The general populace walks the streets everyday or uses mass transit. All are at risk, and all law-abiding citizens have the right to self defense.

Many are arming themselves, and are going to be exposed if they cannot carry due to SB2. If they are devout, they will remember the Biblical story of Jacob when he prepared to reunite with his brother Esau. The Jewish people have been under fire for millennia. Why they are not rabid gun-bearing, self-defense advocates is a question for the ages.

Do you think they deliberately called it SB2, knowing that it should be called BS2. BS1 was the failed 918. As noted above, SB stands for Senate Bill. SB 918 received that number because a stalled bill was gutted and amended to push the CCW restrictions in response to Bruen. In the 2023 Session, SB 1 was allocated to tax relief for student loan forgiveness to sync up with Biden?s proposed massive inflation give-away. Usurpation of Constitutionally-guaranteed innate freedoms took second place to buying votes.
Old 12-01-2023, 6:50 AM

Quote:
To me, they are [] goat sodomizers
If this were true, PETA and the ASPCA would have withdrawn their support in the end.

Old 12-02-2023, 8:00 PM
Veteran Member

Angry

Even if May v. Bonta successfully obtains an injunction against the sensitive places restrictions, the new heightened requirements to obtain concealed carry licenses will really sting for Americans of lesser means.

F*ck Democrats, the self-proclaimed "party of the working class."
Old 12-02-2023, 9:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Even if May v. Bonta successfully obtains an injunction against the sensitive places restrictions, the new heightened requirements to obtain concealed carry licenses will really sting for Americans of lesser means.
The only half-acceptable end to this is a complete and total permanent injunction of the entire law. The only totally acceptable end to this bunkery is the elimination of the need for any kind of permit at all. The guy over at four-box diner had the best idea of all for a state that insists on infringement: The moment one applies for a permit, he is good to go. The state can then work to find a reason for denial after the fact. You can bet your donkey that they would magically become much faster in going aver all that. For those who are forced to wait eighteen months for a permission slip (Los Angeles County, for example) this would be a form of relief.
Now that these evil bastard legislators and their lap-dog IAs may dig deep into the anus of each applicant who dares to apply, many will either not bother or carry sans permit anyway. And the latter is no crime against anyone, except in the eyes of these psychotic pro-criminal child rapist in black robes, and legislators.
Old 12-03-2023, 1:00 PM
Veteran Member

Exclamation

Quote:
The only half-acceptable end to this is a complete and total permanent injunction of the entire law. The only totally acceptable end to this bunkery is the elimination of the need for any kind of permit at all. The guy over at four-box diner had the best idea of all for a state that insists on infringement: The moment one applies for a permit, he is good to go. The state can then work to find a reason for denial after the fact. You can bet your donkey that they would magically become much faster in going aver all that. For those who are forced to wait eighteen months for a permission slip (Los Angeles County, for example) this would be a form of relief.

Now that these evil bastard legislators and their lap-dog IAs may dig deep into the anus of each applicant who dares to apply, many will either not bother or carry sans permit anyway. And the latter is no crime against anyone, except in the eyes of these psychotic pro-criminal child rapist in black robes, and legislators.

The fundamental disadvantage that underpins the struggle to protect Second Amendment rights comes from how the judicial branch moves at the speed of molasses, while state legislatures run laps every year.
Old 12-03-2023, 9:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
I hope this was not a serious post.
A lot of tongue in cheek.
I meant that the bill would be gutted or courts would override it.

Of course I know it's Senate Bill.... but it's all BS... As in that brown stuff that bulls leave behind them.
Old 12-03-2023, 9:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:

The fundamental disadvantage that underpins the struggle to protect Second Amendment rights comes from how the judicial branch moves at the speed of molasses, while state legislatures run laps every year.
... Combined with extracting tax money from the plaintiffs to defend those laws, thus making us pay twice.
Old 12-03-2023, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
... Combined with extracting tax money from the plaintiffs to defend those laws, thus making us pay twice.

My brain had deliberately forgotten the unfortunate fact to protect my mental health.
Old 12-04-2023, 7:54 AM

Quote:
A lot of tongue in cheek.
I meant that the bill would be gutted or courts would override it.

Of course I know it's Senate Bill.... but it's all BS... As in that brown stuff that bulls leave behind them.
OK, but the bill cannot be gutted; it has been enacted into law and will take effect on 1/1/24. Attempts to override the statutes affected (there are many) will be incremental and not all-inclusive. So the stain will never be completely erased.
Old 12-04-2023, 7:15 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Newsom gets endorsed as VeePee (buh-by Kamala), elected and then be in position to take over for Biden (for whatever typical reason health, spend time with family, etc.) 15, maybe 20, minutes later.

Yes, that's the way I'm seeing it too
Old 12-05-2023, 2:41 PM

Quote:

F*ck Democrats, the self-proclaimed "party of the working class."
CRPA and others filed a suit today attacking the licensing requirements, including the fees, "good moral cause," psych eval, and excessive fees being charged in LA.
Old 12-05-2023, 2:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

The increase in training costs are not part of the suit, only excessive fees directly charged by the licensing agency.
Old 12-05-2023, 5:00 PM
Veteran Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruOil View Post
CRPA and others filed a suit today attacking the licensing requirements, including the fees, "good moral cause," psych eval, and excessive fees being charged in LA.
I saw the thread. I feel relieved that CRPA has gotten around to fighting the economic aspects of the California concealed carry licensing regime, which severely impact millions of people with lesser financial fortunes and chill the exercise of Second Amendment rights.
Old 12-05-2023, 5:46 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Only 20 more days until Santa comes!
Only 26 more days until the state disarms us from legal CCW!

Old 12-08-2023, 7:25 AM

CA2 just canned New York's "vampire rule", church prohibition and social media requirements. Not a total win, but amazing none the less. Should support the injunction in May, at least for the worst part - banning public carry on private property. https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...59354..0_1.pdf
Old 12-08-2023, 9:20 AM

Sigh...