Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 11-29-2023, 12:00 AM

Default CA reciprocity states

I visit NV all the time and wanted to know if i should apply for FL or AZ.
FBI Completed - 06/18/2022
Firearms Completed - 08/07/2022
Training Completed - 10/22/2022
Pick up - 01/18/2023
Old 11-29-2023, 1:08 AM

I just did AZ. Super easy and fast. Application is online. Mail in fingerprints, within 2 days of them receiving the prints my permit was issued. Fees were about $60. Fingerprints $80.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2023, 7:41 AM
Calguns Addict

AZ is the easiest and fastest than the two you mentioned.

iTrader
Old 11-29-2023, 4:49 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regla View Post
CA reciprocity states

I visit NV all the time and wanted to know if i should apply for FL or AZ.
There are no States that have reciprocity with CA.

There are some States that will honor a CA CCW permit.
^Currently the following States honor CA (subject to change, so double check before going to that State): Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Montana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

NV laws mandates certain requirements for them to honor another States permit and due to those requirements, they can not honor CA CCW permits. [NRS 202.3688 and 202.3689]

There is only one requirement that prevents the CA CCW permit from being honored by NV. The requirement that NV LEOs have 24/7 access to CLETS-AFS in order to be able to check the validity of a CA CCW permit. [NRS 202.3689 (1)(b)]
^CA laws prohibits NV Gov/LE personnel from having direct 24/7 access to CLET-AFS and requires the CA legislature to amend CA laws to allow NV Gov/LE personnel to have access to it.

IMO...
Get an AZ CCW permit, if you want to legally conceal carry in NV.

Nevada Revised Statue 202.3688
Circumstances in which holder of permit issued by another state may carry concealed firearm in this State.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a person who possesses a permit to carry a concealed firearm that was issued by a state included in the list prepared pursuant to NRS 202.3689 may carry a concealed firearm in this State in accordance with the requirements set forth in NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive.
(2) A person who possesses a permit to carry a concealed firearm that was issued by a state included in the list prepared pursuant to NRS 202.3689 may not carry a concealed firearm in this State if the person:
(a) Becomes a resident of this State; and
(b) Has not been issued a permit from the sheriff of the county in which he or she resides within 60 days after becoming a resident of this State.

Nevada Revised Statue 202.3689
Department to prepare list of states that meet certain requirements concerning permits; Department to provide copy of list to law enforcement agencies in this State; Department to make list available to public.
(1) On or before July 1 of each year, the Department shall:
(a) Determine whether each state requires a person to complete any training, class or program before the issuance of a permit to carry a concealed firearm in that state.
(b) Determine whether each state has an electronic database which identifies each individual who possesses a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm issued by that state and which a law enforcement officer in this State may access at all times through a national law enforcement telecommunications system.
(c) Prepare a list of states that meet the requirements of paragraphs (a) and (b).
(d) Provide a copy of the list prepared pursuant to paragraph (c) to each law enforcement agency in this State.
(2) The Department shall, upon request, make the list prepared pursuant to subsection 1 available to the public.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 11-29-2023 at 4:59 PM..
Old 01-28-2024, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
There are no States that have reciprocity with CA.

There are some States that will honor a CA CCW permit.
^Currently the following States honor CA (subject to change, so double check before going to that State): Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Montana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

NV laws mandates certain requirements for them to honor another States permit and due to those requirements, they can not honor CA CCW permits. [NRS 202.3688 and 202.3689]

There is only one requirement that prevents the CA CCW permit from being honored by NV. The requirement that NV LEOs have 24/7 access to CLETS-AFS in order to be able to check the validity of a CA CCW permit. [NRS 202.3689 (1)(b)]
^CA laws prohibits NV Gov/LE personnel from having direct 24/7 access to CLET-AFS and requires the CA legislature to amend CA laws to allow NV Gov/LE personnel to have access to it.

IMO...
Get an AZ CCW permit, if you want to legally conceal carry in NV.

Nevada Revised Statue 202.3688
Circumstances in which holder of permit issued by another state may carry concealed firearm in this State.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a person who possesses a permit to carry a concealed firearm that was issued by a state included in the list prepared pursuant to NRS 202.3689 may carry a concealed firearm in this State in accordance with the requirements set forth in NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive.
(2) A person who possesses a permit to carry a concealed firearm that was issued by a state included in the list prepared pursuant to NRS 202.3689 may not carry a concealed firearm in this State if the person:
(a) Becomes a resident of this State; and
(b) Has not been issued a permit from the sheriff of the county in which he or she resides within 60 days after becoming a resident of this State.

Nevada Revised Statue 202.3689
Department to prepare list of states that meet certain requirements concerning permits; Department to provide copy of list to law enforcement agencies in this State; Department to make list available to public.
(1) On or before July 1 of each year, the Department shall:
(a) Determine whether each state requires a person to complete any training, class or program before the issuance of a permit to carry a concealed firearm in that state.
(b) Determine whether each state has an electronic database which identifies each individual who possesses a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm issued by that state and which a law enforcement officer in this State may access at all times through a national law enforcement telecommunications system.
(c) Prepare a list of states that meet the requirements of paragraphs (a) and (b).
(d) Provide a copy of the list prepared pursuant to paragraph (c) to each law enforcement agency in this State.
(2) The Department shall, upon request, make the list prepared pursuant to subsection 1 available to the public.
Utah non resident permit is good in nevada too and about the same cost as az
Old 01-28-2024, 5:21 PM
НАТО в Хату!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezertdude760 View Post
Utah non resident permit is good in nevada too and about the same cost as az
To get Utah you will need Utah approved training. AZ accept pretty much every training, no need special certificate. If you have CA CCW-it will serve as training Certificate. I used my LAPD training certificate-accepted to questions ask

In real life: No one
Old 01-30-2024, 8:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
To get Utah you will need Utah approved training. AZ accept pretty much every training, no need special certificate. If you have CA CCW-it will serve as training Certificate. I used my LAPD training certificate-accepted to questions ask
Its worth getting both though if NV is on your travel list. that is because NV has a habit for flip-flopping on the AZ/UT permits they recognize apparently.
Old 02-06-2024, 9:09 PM

I just renewed my Utah permit. My NV permit expires next month. Is it worth renewing my NV or just carry on my Utah? My understanding is that the only additional benefit to NV is GFSZ within NV. Is there any other benefit?
Old 02-06-2024, 9:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobie678 View Post
I just renewed my Utah permit. My NV permit expires next month. Is it worth renewing my NV or just carry on my Utah? My understanding is that the only additional benefit to NV is GFSZ within NV. Is there any other benefit?
No.

iTrader
Old 02-09-2024, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobie678 View Post
FYI. I have both AZ and UT. And recently got CA.

AZ gives me New Mexico. No photo of the licensee on the CCW card
UT gives me Washington. Photo of the licensee (passport size one provided on the CCW card).

Otherwise AZ and UT covers pretty much same other states.

Last edited by dilbert40; 02-10-2024 at 8:22 AM..
Old 02-18-2024, 7:16 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

I wish no states recognized CA permit.

CA doesn't recognize anyone else's.

I'm sure many would get butthurt over that, but why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 02-18-2024, 9:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
I wish no states recognized CA permit.

CA doesn't recognize anyone else's.

I'm sure many would get butthurt over that, but why?
Perhaps the flip side to that is the states that recognize CA (most are constitutional carry anyway) respect an individual?s 2A rights regardless of what state you reside.

Unlike states like CO, where a resident permit from AZ allows conceal carry yet being a CA resident nullifies that (with a non res permit).

iTrader
Old 02-18-2024, 11:20 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
Perhaps the flip side to that is the states that recognize CA (most are constitutional carry anyway) respect an individual?s 2A rights regardless of what state you reside.

Unlike states like CO, where a resident permit from AZ allows conceal carry yet being a CA resident nullifies that (with a non res permit).
Constitutional carry doesn't need a permit... CA will never be a state that endorses Constitutional carry, ever... Californians carrying in Constitutional carry states isn't the issue.

As far as 'permits' go, my opinion won't change. If CA doesn't acknowledge other states permits, no other state should acknowledge theirs. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg