Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 09-30-2018, 9:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinDmax View Post
My renewal date is in January, how far in advance should I schedule my appointment? I'm planning on taking my renewal class late November early December.
Schedule the appointment as early as possible.
I think Madison Society has the cheapest class.
And it comes with a lifetime membership.
Old 10-04-2018, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslik408 View Post
whats the turnaround time for renewal? I submitted everything yesterday and my permit will expire in about 3 weeks. Thanks
Well how did it turn out? I took my class early and was all ready to send my renewal but the site wouldn't let me because it was too early. Then some life happened, I just remembered to submit my renewal about 3.5 weeks before expiration. Hopefully it'll get done but who knows.

Is it worth it to call?
Old 10-09-2018, 1:14 PM

Did a modification the other day online through Sheriff Website.

Took less than 24 hours for approval. I applied Monday 10/8 around 10:00, and received a call and text on 10/9 at 8:30 saying I was approved and could come pick it up on Thursday.

My permit was recently renewed which may be why it didn't take long. My wallet was stolen last week with my permit so needed a new one, and did a modification at the same time to change weapons.
Old 10-09-2018, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddayton33 View Post
Did a modification the other day online through Sheriff Website.

Took less than 24 hours for approval. I applied Monday 10/8 around 10:00, and received a call and text on 10/9 at 8:30 saying I was approved and could come pick it up on Thursday.

My permit was recently renewed which may be why it didn't take long. My wallet was stolen last week with my permit so needed a new one, and did a modification at the same time to change weapons.

Did you finally put your 365 on there, Big D?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2018, 3:20 PM

Well, I can't seem to find a FAQ on the website. If your permit expires before they renew it, do you have to start all over? I submitted my renewal about a month before expiration
Old 10-18-2018, 10:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABilly View Post
Well, I can't seem to find a FAQ on the website. If your permit expires before they renew it, do you have to start all over? I submitted my renewal about a month before expiration
No.
Same thing happened to me, and I went down there the day it expired and magically...POOF!!! It was ready.
Just communicate with them. I know its hard to get in touch with them sometimes, so send Nicole an email.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:55 PM

Default Renewal time

Completed renewal application online Sept 12th
Approved renewal Oct 18th

I got an automated call and an email about the renewal being approved. The automated call came from a Los Angeles number, area code 323 so I didn't answer it thinking it was another scammer, but it did leave a voicemail.
Old 10-24-2018, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestargrizzly View Post
No.
Same thing happened to me, and I went down there the day it expired and magically...POOF!!! It was ready.
Just communicate with them. I know its hard to get in touch with them sometimes, so send Nicole an email.
Thanks. I called on a Monday (left a message), and on Wednesday got the message that it was finished.

I'm glad you don't have to start over from square one.
Old 11-28-2018, 2:53 PM

Due to life work and school I didn't have a chance to renew my CCW for 2 months after it expired, However I took the renew class and submitted my renewal 2 months late. It only took 2 weeks for my renewal to get approved and it expires 2 years from the date of issue of the renewal. I've been told you can renew late from 90 days to 6 month but I wouldn't press it.

I also just added a new firearm to my CCW ... it was approved in less than 24 hours but I can't pick it up till Thursday as they only issue permits on Thursdays and Fridays between 8am and 3pm. I did not get a phone call I instead received a an email and a text message.

The new online system Is fairly simple straight forward and painless compared to when I did my initial.

I never had to do a traditional interview but some one did look over my initial paperwork to make sure it was in good order.

While I miss the days of getting my reserve permit rubber stamped (not in Stan County) I'm kinda glad I now take the full 1 day renewal course as It helps keeps me up to date with changes in the law.

I put 2 guns on my initial and I just added a third.

For both my initial and renewals I was only required to shoot and qualify with one firearm.

Smyrna Lodge #532 F.&A.M.

Last edited by Mayhem; 11-28-2018 at 2:57 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-13-2019, 5:12 PM

Exclamation 16 hours of training??

https://stanislausca.permitium.com/ccw/start
Quote:
If applying for a NEW Concealed Carry Weapon license, an 16-hour firearms training course must be completed prior to issuance.
Does a 16 hour CCW training course even exist nearby?
Old 01-13-2019, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzr95206 View Post
https://stanislausca.permitium.com/ccw/start

Does a 16 hour CCW training course even exist nearby?
The county only accepts training from a few places now. Check the sheriff's website for the providers they accept https://www.scsdonline.com/ccw.html
Old 01-13-2019, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadside View Post
The county only accepts training from a few places now. Check the sheriff's website for the providers they accept https://www.scsdonline.com/ccw.html
Madison socity , Oakdale

$120 + $30 to join

Or

Trident, Modesto = $200

https://tridentfirearms.com/ccw-initial/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8FD30076-3664-45FD-9DC3-C519772C37DF.jpg (9.8 KB, 29 views)

History is a myth that men agree to believe.
Napoleon

Last edited by harley66; 01-13-2019 at 7:40 PM..
Old 01-14-2019, 7:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley66 View Post
Madison socity , Oakdale

$120 + $30 to join

Or

Trident, Modesto = $200

https://tridentfirearms.com/ccw-initial/
Madison society is a lifetime membership too though
Old 02-20-2019, 8:52 PM

I've lived here in Ceres for about 2 years now, and I keep saying I'm going to go apply for my CCW but I never seem to make enough time for it. What's the current wait for an appointment/approval with our new sheriff.
Old 02-21-2019, 6:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empkilla650 View Post
I've lived here in Ceres for about 2 years now, and I keep saying I'm going to go apply for my CCW but I never seem to make enough time for it. What's the current wait for an appointment/approval with our new sheriff.
No way to know until you fill out the form. The time you took to post here and wait for an answer,,, you could have already been in line and know the real answers. Go sign in

Napoleon
Old 03-01-2019, 11:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I recently signed my lease agreement for my place in Modesto. I will be moving in the near future and will be replacing my ID. Should I wait until my new ID comes in to apply or can I apply with just the change of address with DMV’s online service?
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS
Old 03-01-2019, 11:07 PM

When I moved into our new house I couldn’t do a change of address on my CCW until I had two items to verify my address. I had changed my address online with DMV but still had (and still have) my old address on my driver license. My CCW does have my new address.

I already had my CCW but I would think if you’ve done the change of address at DMV and can prove your residence address you should be fine.
Old 03-04-2019, 6:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empkilla650 View Post
I went online this morning for a new CCW. My appointment is in 3 weeks.
On to checking out training schedules...
Old 04-08-2019, 3:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Do you guys know if the sheriff will permit a red dot on your carry gun?
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS
Old 04-08-2019, 7:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbray View Post
I went online this morning for a new CCW. My appointment is in 3 weeks.
On to checking out training schedules...
My livescan appointment was 3/25/19. I went through the Madison Society and had class 3/26, 3/28 and qualified at the range on 3/30. I was notified that my permit was granted today, 4/8/2019. I will pick it up on Thursday.
So, all together it took me about a month from application to permit.
Old 04-08-2019, 8:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Do you guys know if the sheriff will permit a red dot on your carry gun?
In class we were told that the Sheriff prohibits any alteration beyond sights and grips. We were told that pistols that were purchased with accessories like lights should be ok so long as they were not added after purchase.

This is from the Sheriff’s policy manual in the section on “License to Carry a Firearm: policy 218.6.1”

(c) The alteration of any previously approved firearm including, but not limited to adjusting the trigger pull, adding laser sights or modifications shall void any license and serve as grounds for revocation.

On the face of it, I would think it would be ok, but you should ask the sheriff’s office in your “interview” to be sure.

Dennis

Last edited by Dbray; 04-10-2019 at 6:56 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 8:40 PM

Ok, Stanislaus folks tell me what I'm supposed to do to respond to this, my serial # matches the one listed on the application, here is the email from the Sheriff. This is my 3rd renewal with the same gun.

Your application for a concealed handgun permit cannot be approved without additional information.

Good afternoon. We are processing your CCW application however we are unable to verify the weapon/s listed as:

Glock 17 9mm DRM062

Please check the serial number against the weapon/s itself, not a current permit, box or sales receipt, to ensure accuracy. If you need a correction/s, please sign back into Permitium and upload the information legibly on a separate piece of paper then fax the same document to 209-525-7111 including your name, order number and signature requesting and authorizing any change/s. If a correction is required and you have already taken your safety training course, you will need to contact your provided and have your safety certification corrected and upload the corrected safety training certificate also. Weapon/s listed on the application must match what is on the safety training certification or by law they cannot be added. If provided instructions for correction/s are not followed, no correction can or will be made. Please note also that weapons that are not registered to you or to a spouse are not permitted.

If no correction is required, you do not need to contact us.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2019, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith4him View Post
Ok, Stanislaus folks tell me what I'm supposed to do to respond to this, my serial # matches the one listed on the application, here is the email from the Sheriff. This is my 3rd renewal with the same gun.

Your application for a concealed handgun permit cannot be approved without additional information.

Good afternoon. We are processing your CCW application however we are unable to verify the weapon/s listed as:

Glock 17 9mm DRM062

Please check the serial number against the weapon/s itself, not a current permit, box or sales receipt, to ensure accuracy. If you need a correction/s, please sign back into Permitium and upload the information legibly on a separate piece of paper then fax the same document to 209-525-7111 including your name, order number and signature requesting and authorizing any change/s. If a correction is required and you have already taken your safety training course, you will need to contact your provided and have your safety certification corrected and upload the corrected safety training certificate also. Weapon/s listed on the application must match what is on the safety training certification or by law they cannot be added. If provided instructions for correction/s are not followed, no correction can or will be made. Please note also that weapons that are not registered to you or to a spouse are not permitted.

If no correction is required, you do not need to contact us.

Thanks
Just make sure the Guns ser number matches the one on the safety cert and your App -

I had the same issue,, Showed them a picture of the gun - no issue,,, they said that DOJ could not find it ??? not a problem for me.. My info was correct.. They just want to make sure the number on your CCW IS the number on your gun..

Napoleon
Old 07-11-2019, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley66 View Post
Just make sure the Guns ser number matches the one on the safety cert and your App -

I had the same issue,, Showed them a picture of the gun - no issue,,, they said that DOJ could not find it ??? not a problem for me.. My info was correct.. They just want to make sure the number on your CCW IS the number on your gun..
Worked out, picked my Lic up today !
Old 08-05-2019, 7:18 AM

Does anyone know if Stanislaus County will accept car registration as one of the proofs of residency? I want to upload everything with my renewal application asap but I shredded my last utility bills before realizing I needed them and won't get the next statements until the end of the month.
Old 08-05-2019, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223m70 View Post
Does anyone know if Stanislaus County will accept car registration as one of the proofs of residency? I want to upload everything with my renewal application asap but I shredded my last utility bills before realizing I needed them and won't get the next statements until the end of the month.
don't know, but go online and download the statements again.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:33 AM

I recently completed my CCW process and picked up my card 2 weeks ago. From start to finish it was maybe 4 weeks to get my permit. I used my driver license, car reg, bank statement and for good measure my ffl07 with coe attached to the initial submission. In less then 2 weeks they said to come in and i did a few days later, did the training course a week later then picked up my card a few days later. All in less then a month.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:59 PM

It took 6 weeks from application to approval for me
Old 01-28-2020, 3:12 PM

im at 18 weeks since my fingerprints and have still not received a call, is anyone else experiencing this long of a wait time?
Old 02-01-2020, 6:13 AM

I had my appointment and fingerprints done on 12/9/19 and the application was approved ten days later on 12/19/19.
Old 02-03-2020, 8:50 PM

- glad to see this county is doing good
- remember support other proCCW counties
- skip that vacation to LA or SF and look at the CCW map and patronize these areas.. keep your dollar in pro2a counties......

Old 03-06-2020, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Faithful View Post
im at 18 weeks since my fingerprints and have still not received a call, is anyone else experiencing this long of a wait time?
It is

Last edited by battousai; 04-20-2020 at 7:47 PM..
Old 03-11-2020, 2:31 PM

Good to hear im not the only one, please let me know if you hear anything.
Old 03-27-2020, 9:25 PM

Update from Sheriff Dirkse on CCWs via an email and on website https://www.scsdonline.com/online-svcs/ccw-appts.html

Quote:
March 27, 2020 - CCW Procedure Update
Due to recent public health concerns of COVID-19, our office has taken proactive measures to do our part to maintain the safety of our staff and CCW applicants. Our CCW unit will temporarily change how we process applications. We will continue to accept new and renewal CCW applications submitted online, along with maintaining the current approval process.

The following changes have been made to our CCW process and are in effect until further notice.

To maintain social distancing when you pick up a renewal permit, you will not have a new picture taken. We will use the picture taken from your previous permit.
We understand there is a limited number of course providers during this time. We will allow our CCW applicants to attend a course with any provider who follows Local, State, and Federal Guidelines.
It will be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure their provider of choice is following all safety precautions and complies with the COVID-19 orders.
It will also be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the course attended meets the requirement of an 8 to 16-hour course for a new CCW permit and 4-hour course for a CCW renewal permit.

As our County navigates this unprecedented time of crisis, it is imperative that we continue to allow our citizens the ability to protect themselves.

We look forward to continuing our service to the community during this time. Please view our website www.scsdonline.com for any updates and the process to obtain a CCW permit. If you have any questions, you may contact our CCW unit 209-525-7135.
Sincerely,

Jeff Dirkse, Sheriff-Coroner
Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Office
Old 03-31-2020, 8:50 PM

I’ll be honest I had an initial appointment at the sheriffs office and was so confused on where to go, ended up at the animal shelter, react facility , near the detention center, and employee parking, but could not find the office. I ended up rescheduling
Old 04-02-2020, 8:24 AM

Default CCW CALL BACK AND APPROVAL

26 weeks and 2 days after my prints i got a call back from a deputy. He said the hold up occurred because of an interaction with police over 10 years ago about stolen property that i was unaware was stolen, that i did not put on the application. Deputy was understanding and very easy going.Because i had already completed and updated permitum documents with my safety course certificate(which i dont recommend taking course prior to call from deputy in case of certificate expiring) i received a message from the county saying pay the final $80 and pick up permit, the following week. Hope this was helpful.

Last edited by Mr. Faithful; 04-03-2020 at 9:28 AM..
Old 04-05-2020, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar100 View Post
I’ll be honest I had an initial appointment at the sheriffs office and was so confused on where to go, ended up at the animal shelter, react facility , near the detention center, and employee parking, but could not find the office. I ended up rescheduling
Go to the detention center. There's a statue of a K9 out front. It's across from the animal shelter.
Old 05-09-2020, 8:52 PM

Took 2 weeks to accept my application and approve it. Now I just need to do the 16 hr class and all that ... anyone have any recommendations?
Old 05-11-2020, 12:43 PM

Madison society
Old 05-11-2020, 7:43 PM

I’ve done Trident and Defend to Survive

Both were good