Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 12-06-2018, 12:43 AM

Default CA DOJ Should Publish CCW Crime Data and ADVOCATE for us!

DOJ funds it's pensions through all the fees they make us pay in being law abiding citizens.

So why don't they advocate for us? CA DOJ should PUBLISH CCW CRIME DATA and compare it to the state population as a whole.

They will see that CCW holders have crime rates that are 30-100x LOWER than the general population!!!

Their PENSIONS are being FUNDED by us!!! They should ADVOCATE FOR US!!! This is what the Department of Public Safety in Texas does for Texas LTCs!!!
Old 12-06-2018, 8:23 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander21 View Post
DOJ funds it's pensions through all the fees they make us pay in being law abiding citizens.

So why don't they advocate for us? CA DOJ should PUBLISH CCW CRIME DATA and compare it to the state population as a whole.

They will see that CCW holders have crime rates that are 30-100x LOWER than the general population!!!

Their PENSIONS are being FUNDED by us!!! They should ADVOCATE FOR US!!! This is what the Department of Public Safety in Texas does for Texas LTCs!!!
Cal DOJ doesn't care about us. They would try to manipulate the numbers to make us look bad!

Utah CCW
Handgun 101
NRA Basic Pistol
Private Instruction

Classes are held statewide

www.whitesofeyes.com
(209) 330-3900
Old 12-06-2018, 9:00 AM

I'm sure the data is already available as the DOJ is a public agency. As a public agency, I don't see them advocating for the gun community at all. Does your local or State government advocate for gun rights?
Old 12-06-2018, 11:08 AM
Calguns Addict

CA DOJ would rather show how low illegal alien crime rate is than bat for you.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:28 AM

But TX DPS advocates for its revenue generators.

Under what logic does it make sense to antagonize people who are funding your pensions????
Old 12-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Politically, gun owners are powerless, deplorable untermenschen. There is no reason ever to portray them in any positive light.
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 12-06-2018, 2:47 PM
Veteran Member

Pension's really? Do you have any proof of this? My bet is no you don't your just using pensions to get emotion's up.
Old 12-06-2018, 4:18 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post
Pension's really? Do you have any proof of this? My bet is no you don't your just using pensions to get emotion's up.
When I worked in LE, I would have rather had the same amount of money that was put towards my pension put into a 457 plan (similar to a 401(k)) when I first started rather than the 401(a) defined benefit plan of Calpers. I would have had more money at retirement age than the annuity I will end up getting...I do not want them to change it now as I have missed 11 years of the compounding I should have gotten...

Utah CCW
Handgun 101
NRA Basic Pistol
Private Instruction

Classes are held statewide

www.whitesofeyes.com
(209) 330-3900
Old 12-08-2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Politically, gun owners are powerless, deplorable untermenschen. There is no reason ever to portray them in any positive light.
Every time I talk to a CA DOJ person on the phone, they always seem very polite, helpful, respectful, and somewhat sympathetic to the "800 gun rules" on the books. Maybe there's a ray of hope inside there somewhere.
Old 12-08-2018, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnWnMe View Post
CA DOJ would rather show how low illegal alien crime rate is than bat for you.
You mean 100%? Oh, wait, you probably mean the crime rate AFTER they initially broke the law by coming here illegally. Okay, so maybe it’s 50%. Oh, I mean......... “Immigrant crime rate is down 50%!” #fakenewsheadline

The real question is, do we need the DOJ to publish the CCW crime stats or is the data already publicly available? Does this fall under FOIA?
Old 12-08-2018, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbauer View Post
You mean 100%? Oh, wait, you probably mean the crime rate AFTER they initially broke the law by coming here illegally. Okay, so maybe it’s 50%. Oh, I mean......... “Immigrant crime rate is down 50%!” #fakenewsheadline

The real question is, do we need the DOJ to publish the CCW crime stats or is the data already publicly available? Does this fall under FOIA?
It does fall under FOIA but Texas DPS does it as a service to the public.

Maybe CA DOJ needs to change its name to the Department of Public Safety. Public Safety is something all Californians are concerned about. And were not getting it.
Old 12-08-2018, 2:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Fees assessed don’t pay for DOJ pensions.

State pensions are a combination of state General Fund monies combined with employee contributions and investment returns on that combined pool.

That pretty much ruins your concept.
Old 12-08-2018, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Fees assessed don’t pay for DOJ pensions.

State pensions are a combination of state General Fund monies combined with employee contributions and investment returns on that combined pool.

That pretty much ruins your concept.
No it doesnt. DOJ fees goes into the General Fund. Everything is commingled as there is no independent audit board for each organization.
Old 12-08-2018, 9:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
No it doesnt. DOJ fees goes into the General Fund. Everything is commingled as there is no independent audit board for each organization.
”Everything is commingled...”

The General Fund is the central repository for state revenues, but it contains numerous Special Accounts which hold revenues derived through specific legislative actions and designated for specific uses. It is most certainly NOT a big blob of commingled funds.

There are 23 Special Funds for the DOJ, alone, including “Charity Bingo Mitigation”. How’s that for not “commingling” funds?

The State Auditor, the Department of Finance, the Legislative Analyst, and the State Senate Budget and Fiscal Review Committee, to name a few, might contest your opinion on independent audit of the state budget.

But, I understand the wisdom of your concept and fully support your efforts to rally support for DOJ advocating on behalf of gun owners and CCW holders in specific. It’s better to not waste further time on an Internet forum, but present your case to someone who can effect change. This guy seems reasonable, call or write:

Javier Becerra
Office of the Attorney General
1300 "I" Street
Sacramento, CA 95814-2919
Phone: (916) 445-9555
Old 12-08-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
But TX DPS advocates for its revenue generators.

Under what logic does it make sense to antagonize people who are funding your pensions????

Keyword here is logic. Something the DOJ and the Dems in this state are lacking.