Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 12-04-2018, 9:23 PM

Default Interstate Intrafamial Transfer In person?

My father will be coming out to visit (from Florida) in February and is hoping to bring 2 guns to gift me and I was told by the DOJ rep on the phone that in person drop off to an FFL was ok and I just wanted to confirm this with the knowledgable FFLs since I canít find my written about it and as itís written and experience on here the DOJ folks arenít always correct. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 12-04-2018, 9:32 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Yes, you and your father can do that.

Please tell us where you are in CA, and someone can recommend an FFL local to you who knows how to do the transfer. It's helpful to call ahead.
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 12-05-2018, 8:43 PM

I live about 45min South East of Chico. About halfway between Chico and Yuba City but in the Foothills. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2018, 1:17 PM

Any local FFLs that will do this transfer in person? Just making sure I have all my ducks lined up for my fathers trip.

Thnks
Old 12-11-2018, 12:59 AM

Both DownRange in Chico and Durham Guns and Ammo should be able to help you. Byron at Durham Guns and Ammo is a great guy and has the best prices. You will need to call and make an appointment, however.

His DROS cost is so low that I always leave a tip.

PS There should be a letter or statement signed by your dad that the transfer is a gift from a resident of Florida to a resident of CA, where the relationship of the parties (father son) is spelled out. The FFL should photo copy your Dad's FL drivers license.

Last edited by BAJ475; 12-11-2018 at 1:19 AM..
Old 12-11-2018, 4:46 AM

2AZone.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2018, 5:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Give us your locale and you will get a referral to ffl. Do not have to hide your locale.
Old 12-13-2018, 4:15 PM

Just spoke with Byron at durham guns and Downrange and Byron won't do handgun interstate transfers and Downrange won't do walk ins, they have to recieve guns by mail. Anybody who has actually done one of the walk in transfers for interstate/intrafamilial, let me know. I have just about used all my energy calling places only to be told they won't do it. I am located in Challenge, CA which is about 40mins east of Oroville.