Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 12-03-2018, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

Default CA ARMY NG

So I saw an article yesterday stating that our incoming Governor is considering pulling the Guard from the border to do "more important stuff"

I know it would screw my school schedule all up, but I would laugh my *** off if Newsome were to attempt that and President Trump turns around and federalizes the entire Cal Guard and send us all down to the border, it would result in that part of the border being the most heavily guarded.
Old 12-03-2018, 3:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
So I saw an article yesterday stating that our incoming Governor is considering pulling the Guard from the border to do "more important stuff"

I know it would screw my school schedule all up, but I would laugh my *** off if Newsome were to attempt that and President Trump turns around and federalizes the entire Cal Guard and send us all down to the border, it would result in that part of the border being the most heavily guarded.
That would be beyond awesome.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: I cant wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Old 12-04-2018, 10:13 AM

Except that once federalized, the NG is prohibited from any law enforcement actions, rendering them basically useless on the border.
Quote:
I don't understand. Is he being forced out for being an ammo-grabbing fascist or for being a failure as an ammo-grabbing fascist?
Old 12-04-2018, 10:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I spent 12 yrs with the CA ARNG. There is no other vital role that needs to be filled that isn't already happening. Most weekend drills were spent cleaning and or playing poker because the state had no money to support the missions or keep the aircraft in the air.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
That would be beyond awesome.
Yes it would.

Even better. Would be the removal of Newsome from office.... Maybe us gunner we should hook him up with Stormy and a pile of coke. And release the video to the press.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcourson View Post
Except that once federalized, the NG is prohibited from any law enforcement actions, rendering them basically useless on the border.
You are confusing Posse Comitatus, which states that Federal Soldiers can not perform policing actions inside the US with Federal Soldiers guarding the borders from foreign invaders, especially if the President labels the those attempting to jump the border illegally as a threat to National Security. Posse Comitatus has no authority at the border as I understand it. Now putting Federalized Guard Soldiers or AD bubbas at the immigration checkpoint North of San Diego, that would risk running afoul of Posse Comitatus.
Old 12-05-2018, 8:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
You are confusing Posse Comitatus, which states that Federal Soldiers can not perform policing actions inside the US with Federal Soldiers guarding the borders from foreign invaders, especially if the President labels the those attempting to jump the border illegally as a threat to National Security. Posse Comitatus has no authority at the border as I understand it. Now putting Federalized Guard Soldiers or AD bubbas at the immigration checkpoint North of San Diego, that would risk running afoul of Posse Comitatus.
The federal troops that are there right now are not allowed to participate in any law enforcement processes. They are helping to put up/maintain fencing and provide tents and medical care and other such humanitarian aid.
Quote:
I don't understand. Is he being forced out for being an ammo-grabbing fascist or for being a failure as an ammo-grabbing fascist?
Old 12-06-2018, 2:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcourson View Post
The federal troops that are there right now are not allowed to participate in any law enforcement processes. They are helping to put up/maintain fencing and provide tents and medical care and other such humanitarian aid.
You're not understanding what I'm saying, if the President declares it a National Security issue, it no longer becomes a law enforcement action and instead it becomes a military action, thus Posse Comitatus no longer applies (shouldn't be applicable now as you are not dealing with US Citizens, rather foreigners attempting to invade the nation)
Old 12-06-2018, 3:20 PM

Ironic timing considering this week's events when the last time PC was even seriously discussed was Bush 43 and the Buffalo Six.