Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-03-2018, 2:38 PM
rero360 rero360 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 3,827
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default CA ARMY NG

So I saw an article yesterday stating that our incoming Governor is considering pulling the Guard from the border to do "more important stuff"

I know it would screw my school schedule all up, but I would laugh my *** off if Newsome were to attempt that and President Trump turns around and federalizes the entire Cal Guard and send us all down to the border, it would result in that part of the border being the most heavily guarded.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2018, 3:06 PM
njineermike's Avatar
njineermike njineermike is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CO
Posts: 9,635
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
So I saw an article yesterday stating that our incoming Governor is considering pulling the Guard from the border to do "more important stuff"

I know it would screw my school schedule all up, but I would laugh my *** off if Newsome were to attempt that and President Trump turns around and federalizes the entire Cal Guard and send us all down to the border, it would result in that part of the border being the most heavily guarded.
That would be beyond awesome.
__________________
NRA lifetime member
2AF Defender member

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: I cant wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-2018, 10:13 AM
jcourson's Avatar
jcourson jcourson is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 428
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Except that once federalized, the NG is prohibited from any law enforcement actions, rendering them basically useless on the border.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant45 View Post
Plenty of people who don't frequent internet forums are blissfully unaware that their guns suck.
Quote:
I don't understand. Is he being forced out for being an ammo-grabbing fascist or for being a failure as an ammo-grabbing fascist?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2018, 10:32 AM
ltzgolf's Avatar
ltzgolf ltzgolf is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 254
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I spent 12 yrs with the CA ARNG. There is no other vital role that needs to be filled that isn't already happening. Most weekend drills were spent cleaning and or playing poker because the state had no money to support the missions or keep the aircraft in the air.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2018, 11:54 AM
HUTCH 7.62's Avatar
HUTCH 7.62 HUTCH 7.62 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Josie
Posts: 10,707
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
That would be beyond awesome.
Yes it would.

Even better. Would be the removal of Newsome from office.... Maybe us gunner we should hook him up with Stormy and a pile of coke. And release the video to the press.
__________________
Some say that he once mooned two prostitutes just for a round of drinks, but wasn't surprised by the reply......They call him, the Hutch
Some say that he rode a dirtbike 7k miles across the country and that he once applied Bengay to his own testicles for a mere $50............They call him, the Hutch -Top Gear

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:53 PM
rero360 rero360 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 3,827
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcourson View Post
Except that once federalized, the NG is prohibited from any law enforcement actions, rendering them basically useless on the border.
You are confusing Posse Comitatus, which states that Federal Soldiers can not perform policing actions inside the US with Federal Soldiers guarding the borders from foreign invaders, especially if the President labels the those attempting to jump the border illegally as a threat to National Security. Posse Comitatus has no authority at the border as I understand it. Now putting Federalized Guard Soldiers or AD bubbas at the immigration checkpoint North of San Diego, that would risk running afoul of Posse Comitatus.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-05-2018, 8:29 AM
jcourson's Avatar
jcourson jcourson is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 428
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
You are confusing Posse Comitatus, which states that Federal Soldiers can not perform policing actions inside the US with Federal Soldiers guarding the borders from foreign invaders, especially if the President labels the those attempting to jump the border illegally as a threat to National Security. Posse Comitatus has no authority at the border as I understand it. Now putting Federalized Guard Soldiers or AD bubbas at the immigration checkpoint North of San Diego, that would risk running afoul of Posse Comitatus.
The federal troops that are there right now are not allowed to participate in any law enforcement processes. They are helping to put up/maintain fencing and provide tents and medical care and other such humanitarian aid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant45 View Post
Plenty of people who don't frequent internet forums are blissfully unaware that their guns suck.
Quote:
I don't understand. Is he being forced out for being an ammo-grabbing fascist or for being a failure as an ammo-grabbing fascist?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2018, 2:48 PM
rero360 rero360 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 3,827
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcourson View Post
The federal troops that are there right now are not allowed to participate in any law enforcement processes. They are helping to put up/maintain fencing and provide tents and medical care and other such humanitarian aid.
You're not understanding what I'm saying, if the President declares it a National Security issue, it no longer becomes a law enforcement action and instead it becomes a military action, thus Posse Comitatus no longer applies (shouldn't be applicable now as you are not dealing with US Citizens, rather foreigners attempting to invade the nation)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-2018, 3:20 PM
SAD338 SAD338 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 403
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Ironic timing considering this week's events when the last time PC was even seriously discussed was Bush 43 and the Buffalo Six.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:38 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.