Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 06-24-2020, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Default For people lacking educations, masks

Fixing el tardo's thread title...

They should definitely be required to wear them..
Old 06-24-2020, 10:17 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashycrashy View Post

I don't think this comment needed to be its own thread.

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."
Old 06-24-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenor View Post
Unless the value of attention is important to op.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2020, 12:39 PM

I'm surprised that so many don't understand the purpose of wearing a mask, not to mention the number of people that know the purpose but don't give a hoot about anyone but themselves.

Trump mimics people with narcissistic personality disorder, long-term pattern of abnormal behavior, exaggerated with feelings of self-importance, excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy as he awaits the enthronement.

Hard to tell the bots from the convicts.
Old 06-24-2020, 3:16 PM
Veteran Member

Masks don't do anything.
Old 06-24-2020, 3:25 PM

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449

Can face masks help prevent the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19? Yes, face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus.

Trump mimics people with narcissistic personality disorder, long-term pattern of abnormal behavior, exaggerated with feelings of self-importance, excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy as he awaits the enthronement.

Old 06-24-2020, 4:28 PM

If you don't have it, how can you spread it?
If their wearing mask how can I get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbutold View Post
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449

Can face masks help prevent the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19? Yes, face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus.
Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."

-- Edward Abbey, "Abbey's Road", 1979
Old 06-24-2020, 4:50 PM

Exactly DJMAN !

Psalm 1
Old 06-24-2020, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMAN View Post
If they're wearing masks, how can I get it?
BINGO! (fify)
Old 06-24-2020, 5:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMAN View Post
If their wearing mask how can I get it?
They got that covered. You are asymptomatic whether you think you are or not and you should feel bad and ashamed for it and wear the mask to cover your guilt. Why do you hate old people so much you selfish jerk? Just do as your told. Obey citizen or the zombie herd will shame you because they can smell the rona aroma on you and are 100% positive you will kill them without wearing the mask.

How dare you!
Might shine through the foggy dew
Old 06-24-2020, 5:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yup. Lame.
Old 06-24-2020, 6:11 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised that so many don't understand the purpose of wearing a mask, not to mention the number of people that know the purpose but don't give a hoot about anyone but themselves.
Tell you what, when you give up your vehicles and start purchasing only locally sourced and grown products to save just one of the 22,000 plus Californians that die every year from transportation related pollution I'll think about wearing a mask....

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-24-2020, 6:18 PM

Komrades...

Old 06-25-2020, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimebakmybulits View Post
Tell you what, when you give up your vehicles and start purchasing only locally sourced and grown products to save just one of the 22,000 plus Californians that die every year from transportation related pollution I'll think about wearing a mask....
22,000 plus Californians die every year from transportation related pollution?

Really......Doing my part, down to 4 vehicles

Old 06-25-2020, 7:14 AM

Quote:
22,000 plus Californians die every year from transportation related pollution?

Really......Doing my part, down to 4 vehicles
Yeah, really....
Doing my part too by not wear a ****ing mask just because a bunch of virtue signaling clowns want me to.

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-25-2020, 7:41 AM

Putting you mask on reduce the risk of you getting the virus and spreading it to you family and friends.

You never know if someone without a mask have it or not, because they think just like you “if I don’t have it I don’t need mask.”

Some might never get the virus even without the mask, just like some lifelong smokers never get lung cancer. But you can’t bet your safety and your close one’s safety on your luck.
Old 06-25-2020, 8:40 AM

How effective is a mask that is under the nose? Also how effective is a mask that is constantly adjusted without washing hands first? If I had to guess about 50% of the people I see wearing a mask wear them below the nose, 100% of the people I see wearing a mask touch it without washing their hands. I'll take my chances washing my hands.
Old 06-25-2020, 9:14 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Well plenty of people put loaded guns under pillows, or keep guns completely unloaded and totally locked up so they can't get to it quickly. Then there's those who never practice, those who never maintain, and then there's the doofus who hangs so much crap on his ebr that it weighs 20lbs.

Same for masks. There are people who are doing it wrong. Doesn't mean that they don't work, or that guns aren't useful self defense measures.
Old 06-28-2020, 3:36 PM

I don't scare if I get Wuhan virus.
I don't scare if I die because of Wuhan virus.
But I scare most is I spread the Wuhan virus to the people around me, that why I WEAR THE MASK.
I wear mask not to protect myself from infect the Wuhan Virus but to prevent me to spread Wuhan virus.
Old 06-28-2020, 7:28 PM
Maskless
CGN Contributor

OK, that did it. Now I scare!
Old 06-29-2020, 10:25 AM

Soooo, tell ya' what anti-mask folks:

Next time you or someone you loves goes into surgery or an ER, be sure to berate the OR/ER staff about masks. You should assert your rights and loudly and absolutely insist they not wear masks and gloves while they operate on you or attempt to save your life or that of someone you love, because this is all a bunch of liberal crap right. . . .

Just to prove you right, tell them, insist they cough and/or sneeze into your open woulds.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” -Isaac Asimov

"Ignorance is strength" Orwell

“People like to think the political spectrum in this country runs from right to left. Really, it runs from top to bottom.” -Molly Ivins

"The self righteous need my help in their struggle toward self awareness"-John Cleese

Last edited by sfarchitect; 06-29-2020 at 10:28 AM..
Old 06-29-2020, 10:47 AM
Maskless
CGN Contributor

You left out licking door knobs...
Old 06-29-2020, 10:51 AM
Calguns Addict

I personally dont have an issue wearing a mask or social distancing but do have an issue when the government shuts down businesses.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

But the scholars on this forum told me that masks cause 5G! You wouldn’t want to get 5G, would you? Reeee Bill Gates conspiracy!
Old 06-29-2020, 12:11 PM

Guess what! Your surgical mask that you are wearing will not stop the virus from going into your mucous membranes. The virus is too small and will just fly through the fibers. You need at minimum, a N95 rated mask. Quit shaming people into wearing ineffective masks. How about you wear a N95 mask and then you can feel protected. It’s dumb to wear a (surgical or cloth) mask that is ineffective. It’s a “feel good” measure. They, (government and media), only feed us this info that you need to wear a mask because there was not enough N95 or better mask for first responders, fire, EMTs, nurses, doctors. Etc. The public would wipe out the supply of good masks, just like toilet paper, and leave hospitals, first responders with no defense. Does this make sense? I only know of 2 people that have contracted Covid. They made a full recovery. Do you know anyone personally that has died from the disease? Not some other underlying condition...
I do not know of ONE person that I personally know, that has died from this disease. Not ONE. The disease is real, I’m just not afraid of it. Wear a good mask to protect yourself. Your cloth or surgical mask is not going to cut it. Someone lied to you.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:35 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't get it either. They can navigate CA gun laws but have so much trouble with this. Why? They love winning arguments no one made? Willful ignorance? Just pain ignorance? So many possibilities
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofo1111 View Post
Guess what! Your surgical mask that you are wearing will not stop the virus from going into your mucous membranes. The virus is too small and will just fly through the fibers. You need at minimum, a N95 rated mask.

Last edited by chickenfried; 06-30-2020 at 11:04 AM..
Old 06-29-2020, 2:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post

Next time you or someone you loves goes into surgery or an ER, be sure to berate the OR/ER staff about masks. You should assert your rights and loudly and absolutely insist they not wear masks and gloves while they operate on you or attempt to save your life or that of someone you love, because this is all a bunch of liberal crap right. . . .

Just to prove you right, tell them, insist they cough and/or sneeze into your open woulds.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” -Isaac Asimov

This is one of the dumbest and most irrelevant things I have ever read. “You don’t agree with this thing, so go and do all these stupid unrelated things”

Yeah... great gotcha there sport
Old 06-29-2020, 4:08 PM

^^^
Wow, agreed. As a fellow SF resident what a load of crock.
Old 06-29-2020, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
I personally dont have an issue wearing a mask or social distancing but do have an issue when the government shuts down businesses.
You mean "select" businesses that they have chosen to support or deem essential
NRA Endowment Life Member

PM me for your FrontSight needs.
Old 06-29-2020, 9:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Quoting Asimov re: anti intellectualism is ironic, considering the laughable state of education these days. The number of garbage fields of study is staggering, and require no intellect. No intellect is required to learn by rote. Blindly parroting dogma requires no intellect. Shouting down people who have different ideas than you requires no intellect. Chanting slogans requires no intellect.

Speaking of ignorance, how about your mob of domestic terrorists tearing down or defacing monuments of well known abolitionists, including Lincoln?

Edit - I seriously doubt you have read either Asimov or Orwell. You copied and pasted their quotes off the internetz and tried to mold them to fit your dogma.
* Augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
* Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government

http://www.wnd.com/2008/11/56494/

Last edited by Sierra57; 06-29-2020 at 9:26 PM..
Old 06-29-2020, 9:37 PM

Quote:

Ok Gavin

Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-30-2020, 12:57 AM
Vendor/Retailer

It's too late to do much else but try to protect yourself and your family, in many places. LA County DHS today estimates 1 in 140 are infected. We are in deep trouble.

Protests, hurly-burly reopening, and rampant complacency/ignorance are to be thanked for this.

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."
Old 06-30-2020, 1:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It's too late to do much else but try to protect yourself and your family, in many places. LA County DHS today estimates 1 in 140 are infected. We are in deep trouble.

Protests, hurly-burly reopening, and rampant complacency/ignorance are to be thanked for this.
Oh yeah living our lives is dangerous we should all help the Democrats kill the economy and go hide under are beds how else can we defeat Trump in November!
“This decision is a freedom calculus decided long ago by Colonists who cherished individual freedom more than the subservient security of a British ruler. The freedom they fought for was not free of cost then, and it is not free now.”

Hon. Roger T. Benitez
United States District Judge
March 29, 2019
Old 07-02-2020, 5:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashycrashy View Post

I take it that you assume that you are educated. You assume too much.

Vegucated yeah. As in indoctrinated vegetable, via the so called education system.
* Augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
* Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government

http://www.wnd.com/2008/11/56494/
Old 07-02-2020, 7:44 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTHUSIAST View Post
Oh yeah living our lives is dangerous we should all help the Democrats kill the economy and go hide under are beds how else can we defeat Trump in November!
The economy is screwed either way. You lockdown, you hurt everyone, the working classes especially getting pummeled. You don't lock down, the working classes get pummeled by disease instead, and the businesses still suffer due to lack of skilled workers and a frightened customer base.

Americans, and especially the POTUS, really needs to stick the election on the back burner and focus on getting this job done right, right now. He should realize that if he can just get an effective strategy in place - not cure the disease, just an effective and consistent strategy - he will most likely win in a landslide. Instead he's doing rallies, calling people names and making thinly veiled allusions to various conspiracies.