Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-08-2019, 4:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Friends the most important action we can make when we make the move to free states is to register Republican and join the state party affiliation.

I say this because FREE STATES are free directly because of REPUBLICAN legislatures and Governors !

Recently when cancelling my Bank of America account, I was transferred to a customer service rep located in Las Vegas. I told him it was over their actions on RKBA and said he agreed with me. He then said he was from California and couldn't afford to live here.
I asked him where he was going next when the democrats ruin Nevada, like they did california ? ( he is a democrat )

He replied " OH that isn't going to happen here" !

wanna bet stupid ?
Old 07-08-2019, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psun786 View Post
its from 2012, but you get the idea
Here's a more updated analysis

https://www.city-journal.org/html/ca...tal-15659.html

Quote:
California—not Mississippi, New Mexico, or West Virginia—has the highest poverty rate in the United States. According to the Census Bureau’s Supplemental Poverty Measure—which accounts for the cost of housing, food, utilities, and clothing, and which includes noncash government assistance as a form of income—nearly one out of four Californians is poor. Given robust job growth in the state and the prosperity generated by several industries, especially the supercharged tech sector, the question arises as to why California has so many poor people, especially when the state’s per-capita GDP increased roughly twice as much as the U.S. average over the five years ending in 2016 (12.5 percent, compared with 6.27 percent).
Old 07-08-2019, 6:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco75a View Post
Great we'll be hit with even higher taxes to make up for the shortfall you and your ilk will cause. Thanks a lot buddy. I'm sure you won't give a **** from Idaho.
I know that I sure don't!
Old 07-08-2019, 6:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco75a View Post
Great we'll be hit with even higher taxes to make up for the shortfall you and your ilk will cause. Thanks a lot buddy. I'm sure you won't give a **** from Idaho.
Well, to quote (sort of) Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glenn Ross - go and do likewise gents, go and do likewise. If you don't, I have no sympathy for you.

You're actually PO'd because an adult is doing what he wants (something you could do, but choose not to) and sees as a benefit to himself and his family? I'm leaving in fewer than 2 years and will not return. I suppose someone else will (in theory) have to make up for the lost tax revenue.

I don't "hate CA". I won't wave a disapproving finger at those who choose to stay nor a contemptuous middle digit to the state as I drive away for the last time. It's not just about guns or taxes but rather a compilation of reasons, which include one adult telling another what they ought to do. A bad habit which unfortunately pops up even here from time to time.

Last edited by dfletcher; 07-08-2019 at 6:38 PM..
Old 07-08-2019, 7:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
Good riddance.
Likewise! It's wonderful to live where people aren't suffering with dour attitudes like yours... Do us all a favor and stay right where you're at.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdiguy View Post
Heading to Texas myself. Won’t buy one single bullet here. Can’t wait until all pieces are lined up then it’s go-time
Good luck
Enjoy the rest of America
Old 07-08-2019, 11:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
You do not need to be "rich" to have an attorney and / or a CPA...you just need to have half a brain to tell you that the attorney's or CPA's bill is worth the savings in taxes to you down the line.

My CPA charged ~$300 this year to generate and electronically file my federal and Idaho taxes. That covers income from investments, work, and agricultural endeavors. I bring in the records, talk to my CPA for half an hour or so, and come back about 2 weeks later to pay...the returns are filed the same day. Any issues with the returns and the CPA takes care of business and not me...as a point of reference I've had zero issues with the IRS or state of Idaho in > 15 years.

As to attorneys...mine took care of a family trust for ~ $1500. If you think it's better to do your own via the internet for free, realize you get what you pay for.
Not really the point I'm making I'm middle class have the trust and all that
But I'm talking REAL wealth and lawyers and CPA's
The kind that have Amazon grossing billions and paying zero taxes. the entities that state says their going after but who will dodge it all.
I mean Amazon, Bloomberg, Steyer and their ilk will Never pay that 70% tax on the wealthy the Democrats are talking about. You sound like you've done well and I commend that, but I'm guessing you are not in the billions of annual revenue group to avoid paying any taxes so I imagine you're feeding the beast wherever you live. I'll hope its a conservative beast.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Another 'CA sucks' thread. Probably the third this week. Don't let the door hit you all in your a***s gentlemen.

Move to some state where they teach kids that Jesus walked with dinosaurs and the earth is flat and the sun revolves around it. More power to ya'.

When your water starts running out in, tops, ten years because of all the 'odd weather' or is poisoned from all the incredibly toxic chemicals fracking pumps into what remains of local aquifers, don't be surprised. But hey you can't see those chemicals so they can't possibly be doing anything right?

I'm not sure if its Arizona or Nevada but one of those states has pretty much zero BLM land you can shoot on for free. Wanna' know why? Because in time of budget crisis they have systemically sold it all off to private corporations to use for 'natural resource extraction'. FYI all this idea being backed by corporate America about turning over control of federal lands to states, This, is exactly why ALEC and the like want state control of federal lands. This is what that is, really, all about. So the public lands we all grew up hiking, camping, swimming, hunting on/in can be privatized and sold off to the highest bidder. Then of course tax payers will have to foot the bill for all the pollution left behind, and the local populations il have all the diseases that come with the pollution after whatever corporation had extracted all the wealth they can from our public lands.

Like Orwell said; 'ignorance is strength.'

Good riddance.
As Reagan once said, "The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

The amount of disinformation and dishonesty in your short post is astounding.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 07-09-2019, 5:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Not really the point I'm making I'm middle class have the trust and all that
But I'm talking REAL wealth and lawyers and CPA's
The kind that have Amazon grossing billions and paying zero taxes. the entities that state says their going after but who will dodge it all.
I mean Amazon, Bloomberg, Steyer and their ilk will Never pay that 70% tax on the wealthy the Democrats are talking about. You sound like you've done well and I commend that, but I'm guessing you are not in the billions of annual revenue group to avoid paying any taxes so I imagine you're feeding the beast wherever you live. I'll hope its a conservative beast.
GW, I'm in conservative Idaho.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 07-09-2019, 5:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
As Reagan once said, "The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Not saying I agree with his post, but rather than a blanket denial and a pithy quote, any chance you might refute his actual points? What, exactly, was disinformation or dishonest in his post?
Old 07-09-2019, 5:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcslotcar View Post
I don't think your going to have any effect until you move out.
CA benefits tremendously every time someone moves out of state because they get a property tax windfall. They really appreciate your contribution to their cause.
Old 07-09-2019, 6:06 AM

Quote:
Another 'CA sucks' thread. Probably the third this week. Don't let the door hit you all in your a***s gentlemen.

Move to some state where they teach kids that Jesus walked with dinosaurs and the earth is flat and the sun revolves around it. More power to ya'.

When your water starts running out in, tops, ten years because of all the 'odd weather' or is poisoned from all the incredibly toxic chemicals fracking pumps into what remains of local aquifers, don't be surprised. But hey you can't see those chemicals so they can't possibly be doing anything right?

I'm not sure if its Arizona or Nevada but one of those states has pretty much zero BLM land you can shoot on for free. Wanna' know why? Because in time of budget crisis they have systemically sold it all off to private corporations to use for 'natural resource extraction'. FYI all this idea being backed by corporate America about turning over control of federal lands to states, This, is exactly why ALEC and the like want state control of federal lands. This is what that is, really, all about. So the public lands we all grew up hiking, camping, swimming, hunting on/in can be privatized and sold off to the highest bidder. Then of course tax payers will have to foot the bill for all the pollution left behind, and the local populations il have all the diseases that come with the pollution after whatever corporation had extracted all the wealth they can from our public lands.

Like Orwell said; 'ignorance is strength.'

Good riddance.
Which is it? Arizona or Nevada?

Sent from my old rotary phone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2019, 7:16 AM

Arizona BLM Map:

https://www.blm.gov/az/wildarea-map.htm
https://www.blm.gov/arizona/target-shooting

Not much BLM land in AZ.

Lots more in Nevada:
https://www.blm.gov/media/public-room/nevada
Old 07-09-2019, 10:13 AM

Problem is, buying products from out of state still gives them their sales tax for the transaction. Almost all of the online purchases I make get CA Sales tax added on.

Only real way to hurt this state financially is to leave... and so few of us would actually leave it'll do nothing to the budget. I want to move out of this state so badly, but unfortunately I can't (yet).
Old 07-09-2019, 10:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyous68 View Post
Only real way to hurt this state financially is to leave... and so few of us would actually leave it'll do nothing to the budget. I want to move out of this state so badly, but unfortunately I can't (yet).
I don't know how much my leaving actually hurts the state.
Consider property tax, I paid about $5K per year but the guy who bought my house will pay over $12K so in a very real sense my leaving helps feed the beast more.
"Punishing" California was never a consideration in our leaving. I'm not that egotistic to think my leaving the state matters in the least to that entity
But I do enjoy the fact that my money is no longer being wasted in that mess.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post

He's right about big corporations wanting federal public land turned over to the states. That's about all he's right about, though.

I don't believe states have the ability to maintain public lands like the federal government. I do believe Roosevelt created the best possible outcome for our public lands by creating the National Parks & Forest system. I think if those lands were handed over to the states, the lands would be sold off to the highest bidder... or so over-developed that they would be useless for any hunting or recreation. If a state is facing budget issues, nothing prevents them from (in some cases they are required to) sell off assets... which all that land would become if it was turned over to them.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
I don't know how much my leaving actually hurts the state.
Consider property tax, I paid about $5K per year but the guy who bought my house will pay over $12K so in a very real sense my leaving helps feed the beast more.
"Punishing" California was never a consideration in our leaving. I'm not that egotistic to think my leaving the state matters in the least to that entity
But I do enjoy the fact that my money is no longer being wasted in that mess.
Good point, I didn't even think of that. Property gets re-assessed when sold. Property tax goes up. They get more money.

I wasn't thinking you're being egotistical.. but it is nice to pretend that by leaving, we would be hurting the state somehow
Old 07-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Yep, a win win... For CA and for me when I left CA. As a born in 51 ultra conservative growing up in ultra conservative OC I could no longer tolerate the 180 degree change in CA values... And that's just fine... CA is proud of their values... Just not my values...

CA probably happily welcomed a young progressive Dem family ready to pursue their "California Dreaming" to take my place... A win win..

Last edited by Dan_Eastvale; 07-09-2019 at 11:13 AM..
Old 07-09-2019, 11:14 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
He's right about big corporations wanting federal public land turned over to the states. That's about all he's right about, though.
Agreed.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 07-09-2019, 3:35 PM
Veteran Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
My comments in bold.

I'm trying to make it to retirement in 8.5 years and I'm gone. If/when Prop 13 falls I'll be selling my house and outta here.
i have 7 years and gone
Old 07-09-2019, 6:25 PM

Default finger to CA?

I not going to participate in the census...why let my being here count for CA to have more representatives in the House if they do ZERO in my interests.
Old 07-09-2019, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Because you dont have the balls to actually participate in real civil disobedience. LOL
I guess no one really has the balls, cause all I see is people "talking" about it.
Old 07-09-2019, 8:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Good point, I didn't even think of that. Property gets re-assessed when sold. Property tax goes up. They get more money.

I wasn't thinking you're being egotistical.. but it is nice to pretend that by leaving, we would be hurting the state somehow
Well, California will be darker for want of my sunny disposition.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Friends leaving California will not kill it economically ! Drive through any industrial area and see all those business's with nice buildings and maintained landscaping.

Even if you own rental property and take the rent checks out of state, it still will not hurt the state government! One thing certain it will not help them either and that should be some satisfaction. Another benefit is canceling out some stupid libtards vote in your new free state as you register and proudly vote republican!

We are really close to be part time residents here .
you others who have left.
Thanx for the reports !
Old 07-10-2019, 6:07 AM

There are around 38,000,000 people in California and 12,000,000 households.
CalGuns is showing around 22,000 active members right now, and we know that not all of those are current residents. But let's assume they are.

That is 0.18% of California households and 0.06% of the California population.

If every member here packed up and left the effect would be lost in the 3rd or 4th decimal place.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:22 PM

California's ruling New Democrat Bolshevik ruling junta- hates Constitutional thinking law abiding American citizens, you are the enemy to them.

If you are a Communist - Socialist, a Illegal Alien, a criminal, a hate America first thinker you are a comrade to them

They will be happy if you leave. There is no hope of bringing this state back to America as it was.

The state will continue to swirl down the drain.

I stopped by a LGS today and saw the new Ammo background check form - seems the form shows the name and address of the buyer, caliber, the velocity of the round, the type of primer, the number of rounds bought, the bullet type and so on.*

Right out of Russia- 1917..

If you are a Constitution thinking California the best thing to do is to GTFO of California.

It might not hurt the Bolsheviks but it will help you.

* The customers were totally clueless about the new rules and shocked- and most of them did not have the correct DL to buy ammo.
I said, "Democrat voter? thank yourself- you put this in place."

Last edited by Ugly Hombre; 07-10-2019 at 10:56 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro View Post
CA benefits tremendously every time someone moves out of state because they get a property tax windfall. They really appreciate your contribution to their cause.

That only matters if you have a home to sell. If you rent.... it’s a non factor. Even if you do sell to move out of state it’s a means to an end because your tax liability in CA is at its end once you file your taxes for the last time in CA.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:17 AM

Does the second amendment cover tyrannical state governments? Asking for a friend of a friend of a friend
Old 07-11-2019, 12:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I celebrated the 1st anniversary of my escape last month. Bought an AR pistol as my gift

Dear wife and I still agree this move was a good decision.
Old 07-11-2019, 6:08 AM

My Bride and I would love to leave but unfortunately my damned parents lovingly raised me and instilled these goofy ethics and morals that keep getting me promotions and raises. Even though we hate the culture of the Bay Area we are living a pretty damned good life.

If we leave will we have this nice of a home and as much disposable income? If we stay too long will it bite us in the arse? I admire all of you who bet on yourselves and left. For now I’m too chicken to walk away from the most secure we’ve ever been even though I don’t trust that it will last.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalibass View Post
My Bride and I would love to leave but unfortunately my damned parents lovingly raised me and instilled these goofy ethics and morals that keep getting me promotions and raises. Even though we hate the culture of the Bay Area we are living a pretty damned good life.

If we leave will we have this nice of a home and as much disposable income? If we stay too long will it bite us in the arse? I admire all of you who bet on yourselves and left. For now I’m too chicken to walk away from the most secure we’ve ever been even though I don’t trust that it will last.

That’s the problem, sometimes you have to take a chance. I will tell you if you look at what your overall cost of living is in where you live vs. where you want to live, you might just find you make less but keep the same or more amount of money left over in your pocket at the end of each month.

If you get lucky with a position at a new company in your new state, you might make your current salary and still pay far less in cost of living which will equate to more left over in your pocket each month.

My wife just landed a VA Career, doing what she was doing at City of Hope and will not take a salary cut. She will make what she’s making in CA, so that means more breathing room and a lot more money left over each month because she’s is not having to pay for travel expenses each weekend to come home.

It sucks that we have had to only see each other on weekends. It was getting old for both of us and were grateful this position opened up for her to be here with me full time.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalibass View Post

You are making a decision you can happily live with. While this state govt. does hate you, it still doesn't have the power to ruin your life and future. Providing of course you follow the complicated and sometimes contradictory gun laws.

So stay enjoy life and keep a back up plan for if the situation becomes intolerable. Many Californians who have disposable income have invested in free state rental property's where they could, if required flee the tyranny that could happen at some date.
Old 07-11-2019, 3:04 PM

I have lived in the same California town for 58 years, my ancestors for 160 years, all my friends are here.

But...California has a full court press on hunters, fishermen, shooters, and accumulated wealth. No place to hunt, fish all the local shooting ranges are being closed. The general quality of life has degraded severely due to increased population. Gun people, especially, are an enemy of the state. I only have about 10 years of outdoor worthy health to live. Why would I spend those years jousting at windmills in California? Better to flee tyranny while I can! We have already scouted Idaho and have an area picked out. When my obligations to an elderly parent are over, I leave.

Those who say to resist are foolish. Big talk will not count for anything, when a bunch of government thugs, wearing masks and body armor, bust your door down at 3AM and stick a machine gun in your face. Stay legal. Leave if you don't like the law.

Last edited by Scota4570; 07-11-2019 at 3:21 PM..
Old 07-11-2019, 3:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scota4570 View Post
I have lived in the same California town for 58 years, my ancestors for 160 years, all my friends are here.

But...California has a full court press on hunters, fishermen, shooters, and accumulated wealth. No place to hunt, fish all the local shooting ranges are being closed. The general quality of life has degraded severely due to increased population. Gun people, especially, are an enemy of the state. I only have about 10 years of outdoor worthy health to live. Why would I spend those years jousting at windmills in California? Better to flee tyranny while I can! We have already scouted Idaho and have an area picked out. When my obligations to an elderly parent are over, I leave.

Those who say to resist are foolish. Big talk will not count for anything, when a bunch of government thugs, wearing masks and body armor, bust your door down at 3AM and stick a machine gun in your face. Stay legal. Leave if you don't like the law.
Im guessing the government thugs you speak of will be ANTIFA thugs who get "special missions," like what you described.

No reason for a highly paid official employee to put a big pension at risk by being a sandbag during a predawn raid !

I base the above on the fact that ANTIFA types do not get arrested and when they do its only slap on the wrist.
Old 07-11-2019, 4:09 PM
Calguns Addict

It's very simple. If you will miss California then you should not leave.

Last edited by Dan_Eastvale; 07-11-2019 at 5:37 PM..
Old 07-11-2019, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka1911 View Post
The map you show for Arizona is BLM wilderness area. Not all BLM land is wilderness. There is plenty of BLM land in Arizona, and the rest of the state is mostly forest service, park service, fish and game, or Indian land.

https://blm-egis.maps.arcgis.com/app...0bfe20eddd7550

Last edited by jj8325; 07-11-2019 at 5:27 PM..
Old 07-11-2019, 7:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

I'm not sure if its Arizona or Nevada but one of those states has pretty much zero BLM land you can shoot on for free. Wanna' know why? Because in time of budget crisis they have systemically sold it all off to private corporations to use for 'natural resource extraction'. FYI all this idea being backed by corporate America about turning over control of federal lands to states, This, is exactly why ALEC and the like want state control of federal lands. This is what that is, really, all about. So the public lands we all grew up hiking, camping, swimming, hunting on/in can be privatized and sold off to the highest bidder.
Then of course tax payers will have to foot the bill for all the pollution left behind, and the local populations il have all the diseases that come with the pollution

Geez. that part sounds so much like San Francisco, or LA, or San Diego

after whatever corporation had extracted all the wealth they can from our public lands.

\Like Orwell said; 'ignorance is strength.' You must be Superman

Good riddance.
And good luck to you digging feces coated needles out of your feet.
CA will run out of water long before any other states Just too many demands on a state that really doesn't have that much.

Last edited by GW; 07-11-2019 at 7:18 PM..
Old 07-11-2019, 7:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
It's very simple. If you will miss California then you should not leave.
Disagree on that
Take San Francisco (please) SF is easily one of the most beautiful cities in the world. But it has been run into the ground by it's political class and the people who keep voting them in. Homeless bums defecate in the streets Parents are afraid to let their kids play in parks for fear of them getting stuck with dirty needles or accosted by homeless or some other degenerates. Everything in SF costs higher than anywhere else in the Bay Area because everything is taxed or has fees added on. It is crowded and filthy. I miss San Francisco, but I will make every effort to never set foot in that town again. It ain't what it used to be.
Old 07-11-2019, 7:30 PM

Do your part and just move out. Been free for the last month now and enjoying every bit of it
Old 07-11-2019, 10:36 PM

4 years and 5 months left.