Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > United Sportsmen, Concord
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2022, 7:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That will be great once they split pistol and rifle, will definitely speed things up between shooting periods.
The new check in and switch between both side are running much better.

Even the bathroom at the clubhouse has been redone and looks much better.

Larry and team has been doing a great job, I see him everywhere when I have been there.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNGGlock View Post
That will be great once they split pistol and rifle, will definitely speed things up between shooting periods.
The new check in and switch between both side are running much better.

Even the bathroom at the clubhouse has been redone and looks much better.

Larry and team has been doing a great job, I see him everywhere when I have been there.
Very good to hear. Something has had to be done for a long time now, and it's good to hear that things are changing for the better. Too bad for me it finally is turning around long after I left.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 10-10-2022, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulJoker View Post
Ok T!

I’ll give it a shot when I have a free Saturday? You can shoot Steel Challenge with 22lr from low ready right? From the holster with a normal pistol like USPSA…

Sorry for the late acknowledgment- hope you’re able to make it out. Find me (or let me know in advance when you’re coming) and we can hang out during practice!
Old 11-06-2022, 12:32 PM

Nice to see the progress being made with the barrier between the rifle and pistol areas at the public range, as well as, the barrier down in the Law Enforcement area. There even seems to be products for sale in the range office.

Positive change...Kudos, keep up the good work!

ARFrog
Old 11-13-2022, 8:01 PM

Now when Is nurse ratchet getting canned ?
Old 11-13-2022, 11:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I like USI as a whole. It's only minutes from my house, lots of lanes, and range officers are decent. But it does have it's downfalls...

Whoever the woman at the front desk is makes me and others not want to go there. "If I can hear you guys talking, it's too loud", "quiet down or leave", and "I can't even think while everyone is being so damn loud" are all things I've heard during the last two times I was there. This is in addition to her ranting about the range officers being incompetent and taking close to 40mins to check in 2 shooters.

Other shooters I know have vowed to not go back. She's embarrassed them and their guests they were introducing to guns and completely turned them off to shooting.
Old 11-14-2022, 4:15 AM
Veteran Member

She makes the most rudest person there. She makes Larry look like the happiest guy alive.

Old 11-14-2022, 9:04 AM

Ya you know it’s bad when my 2 kids ask me why “that lady “ is so rude every time I take them out
Old 11-14-2022, 5:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

They have been working with the staff at the range and I heard progress is being made. They are trying to get them to be a little more customer focused and soften the approach. The changes won't just happen overnight and Larry is very aware and concerned. He is very actively trying to rebuild the business and correct procedures and attitudes. I've seen the progress and I am personally pleased.

In their defense, some really odd people come out shooting who are very, very clueless. I volunteer RSO at another range, last week was one where I had a loaded gun pointed at me from a clueless owner, again.

I think this feedback is very healthy for the club and I brought Larry's attention to this forum, he didn't know about it. He does check in here periodically.

Chief Range Safety Officer
Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home
Old 11-14-2022, 6:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
They have been working with the staff at the range and I heard progress is being made. They are trying to get them to be a little more customer focused and soften the approach. The changes won't just happen overnight and Larry is very aware and concerned. He is very actively trying to rebuild the business and correct procedures and attitudes. I've seen the progress and I am personally pleased.

In their defense, some really odd people come out shooting who are very, very clueless. I volunteer RSO at another range, last week was one where I had a loaded gun pointed at me from a clueless owner, again.

I think this feedback is very healthy for the club and I brought Larry's attention to this forum, he didn't know about it. He does check in here periodically.
I'm sorry I didn't the new Larry, I'm referring to the guy that use to check you in at the pay window. Just about everyone referred to him as the grumpy old guy. I actually got along with him. It was a George Constanza in line for soup in the soup nazi episode of Seinfeld.

Old 11-14-2022, 6:35 PM

I get along with all the staff there. I think everyone has their moments...good and bad days, we're all human.
CMAT GMAU
Old 11-14-2022, 7:41 PM

Quote:

That’s good to hear . I’ll tell you that I dread going to the range still . I’ll shoot skeet . Take my kids to musketeers, Shoot my bow , but I’ve got a Hawken I want to shoot and I just don’t want to deal with some clowns that can’t figure out that there is only one way to load a muzzle loader and it isn’t with the muzzle pointed down range . I’d rather wait a month to get up to my deer club .
Old 12-14-2022, 4:16 PM

Fwiw
And someone tag Larry @usi
For me please...
I did my ccw class with g&l's first class, at your facility.
I got a card from Larry, when I sent an email with an attempt to enquire about membership my malwarebytes program kicked it out.
Seeing this $250 (my math not usi) rather than the $50 we talked about makes me rethink joining...
Ymmv
Old 12-14-2022, 6:12 PM
Git-R-Done
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiJJ View Post
I get along with all the staff there. I think everyone has their moments...good and bad days, we're all human.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nothing but good experiences there, and I used to go there before the closing.
Quote:
I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
iTrader

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858
Old 12-14-2022, 8:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

All I can say is the process has been significantly improved.
You no longer have to leave or get your license from the front desk.
The RSOs move you between pistol and rifle, no need to go to the front desk again.
The above seem to make the lines and process faster to get checked in as well, less people going through front desk personnel.

Pistol and rifle run separately now, so much shorter waits between shooting sessions.

Overall I spend less time at the range, and actually more shooting time to boot.
Old 12-21-2022, 7:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteassasin View Post
That’s good to hear . I’ll tell you that I dread going to the range still . I’ll shoot skeet . Take my kids to musketeers, Shoot my bow , but I’ve got a Hawken I want to shoot and I just don’t want to deal with some clowns that can’t figure out that there is only one way to load a muzzle loader and it isn’t with the muzzle pointed down range . I’d rather wait a month to get up to my deer club .
I used to coach with the Musketeers, back when Michael Pass ran it (may he rest in peace). My daughter went double DE there, light rifle and pistol. I'm glad to hear the program is still in operation, we put a lot of youngsters through it when I was active there.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 01-05-2023, 10:59 AM

Anyone here a member of the brentwood club?
As it seems they are the only non sponsor eligibility clause club(read the others either require a trip down or a sponsor) I'm an hr and a half away.
I cannot get an email response from them...
Old 01-05-2023, 11:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb View Post
As it seems they are the only non sponsor eligibility clause club(read the others either require a trip down or a sponsor) I'm an hr and a half away.
You can join Diablo online, eze peze.

Old 01-07-2023, 9:17 AM

Not my problem, but thank you.
I want more information than the website has.
Kinda lame to have an email address and not monitor it.
Sounds less that "customer oriented " mostly stirring the pot at this 90+ day and 3 email point...
Old 01-12-2023, 9:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychbiker View Post
Weak! Aside from drawing, not much difference than Public range.
\\

If I remember, AP was running a mini match, no static line as Richmond has on Bay 3

USPSA CRO
MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun

Old 01-13-2023, 7:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I know years ago when the Brentwood club had their own range they kept membership at a certain # members.

Last edited by jtv3062; 01-13-2023 at 8:06 AM..
Old 01-13-2023, 8:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I know you said it wasn't your problem. As BC already said you don't need a sponsor to join Diablo or jump through any hoops if you know how to use a computer and have a credit card..

Old 01-13-2023, 8:12 AM

True..
Old 01-13-2023, 8:14 AM

Quote:

This here part...
Old 01-16-2023, 5:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Just so you know... Diablo is by far the biggest of the 5 clubs with over 2000 members. It is also the most active club. Check their site and look at the calendar to see how much they have going on. I also find it to be well run with a very active membership both in volunteerism and participation.

Old 03-05-2023, 9:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Just so you know... Diablo is by far the biggest of the 5 clubs with over 2000 members. It is also the most active club. Check their site and look at the calendar to see how much they have going on. I also find it to be well run with a very active membership both in volunteerism and participation.
2700+ Membership as of the last meeting

I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

Secret Club Member?.
Old 03-12-2023, 8:22 AM

Won't make 2800 if they won't communicate.
That is all...
Old 03-12-2023, 1:03 PM

I know that members can make arrangements for ammo to be shipped to the club house and then have an ammo background check done there.

Question - does USI facilitate private ammo sales between members and others (either member or non-member) by handling the background check and transfer? Fee beyond the purchasers$1.00?

ARFrog
Old 03-20-2023, 6:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFrog View Post
I know that members can make arrangements for ammo to be shipped to the club house and then have an ammo background check done there.

Question - does USI facilitate private ammo sales between members and others (either member or non-member) by handling the background check and transfer? Fee beyond the purchasers$1.00?
Pretty sure they do not facilitate private ammo sales.

I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

Secret Club Member?.
Old 04-22-2023, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFrog View Post

Best thing to do is ask, but I?d wait until the dust settles. Sounds like Leita (front desk) is leaving. If it?s not a hindrance to workflow, they might consider, but TBH PPT ammo sounds inconvenient (especially during high volume days) and might be better handled by a LGS.
Old 04-30-2023, 8:00 AM

I can confirm that the front desk lady that most people seem to have a problem with is gone. Yesterday (4/29) was her last day there.
Old 04-30-2023, 8:53 AM
Veteran Member

I hope she moved to a better work environment that suits her personality.
She had no call for acting the way she did while I was quietly waiting in line before opening for the grand reopening.
There's other examples, but there's no need to post them here.

Old 05-09-2023, 9:23 AM

@clb

You were looking for contact with either Brentwood or Diablo... What is it that you need help with? I can sort you out probably.

Diablo has been a no sponsor club for over a decade. Brentwood just recently joined those ranks of not needing one either.

Let me know your question either via DM or here and Ill get it taken care of.
kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.
Old 05-12-2023, 3:28 PM
Veteran Member

How long is the line for mornings in the weekends? It use to be 20 plus deep. Has it gotten any better?

Originally Posted by icallshotgun88:

I'm sorry, but if you don't think Glocks are reliable then we can't be friends...

Last edited by sammy; 05-12-2023 at 8:10 PM..
Old 05-13-2023, 9:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
How long is the line for mornings in the weekends? It use to be 20 plus deep. Has it gotten any better?
It has improved significantly this year after they upgraded the system and process. You check in at the front and the RSOs can switch you between rifle and pistol, also no longer need to leave your license in the office, so no lne to get out that messes with the flow.

Most times you wait in the office to get in. Only gets slow if there is a bunch of new shooters at check in.
Old 05-15-2023, 5:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It has improved significantly this year after they upgraded the system and process. You check in at the front and the RSOs can switch you between rifle and pistol, also no longer need to leave your license in the office, so no lne to get out that messes with the flow.

Most times you wait in the office to get in. Only gets slow if there is a bunch of new shooters at check in.
I went this weekend. Was very nice! Will go again.

I'm sorry, but if you don't think Glocks are reliable then we can't be friends...
Old 05-16-2023, 9:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
I went this weekend. Was very nice! Will go again.
Yeah the process is so much better and faster now.
Also with the rifle and pistol sides separated the ceasefire periods tend to be a lot shorter. All leading to a lot more shooting time and a lot less time spend waiting.
Old 05-16-2023, 3:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah the process is so much better and faster now.
Also with the rifle and pistol sides separated the ceasefire periods tend to be a lot shorter. All leading to a lot more shooting time and a lot less time spend waiting.
The separated ceasefire periods is a wonderful addition. Couldn't believe how quick ceasefire periods were for the pistol side.

USI has really made huge gains in the last couple of years. A huge thanks to Larry for getting this range straightened out. Larry is the best thing to happen to USI. Well done Sir!

Old 11-20-2023, 6:48 PM
Veteran Member

I hit the range last week. I had the day off Thursday so I hit up the CCC VA office and then to the range.
Maybe it was the weekday, I did have a pleasant trip.
The counter guy did give me a "we always went through those doors to the range"

Old 11-25-2023, 10:01 AM
Calguns Addict

I went a few months back, there was a guy and a lady. The guy def had an attitude. He asked if I had watch the safety video, test etc. Then if I have been there before, I said yes with my purple card so it had been a while.

His response was "then you havent been here before" Anyways, I kept smiling as he checked me in. Just funny how some people are. Range was nice to shoot at again though. Been a member since Life Member since 2014 or so.