Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 02-15-2021, 8:48 PM
Veteran Member

Default Buy Once - Cry Once Hunting PCP

Looking to spend the majority of my tax refund on a Buy Once - Cry Once .22 Hunting PCP. Want a synthetic stocked, somewhat lightweight, more compact rifle but not a true Bullpup. High shot count and accurate out to 100+ yards. Am leaning heavily towards a Brocock Bantam Sniper XR for $1400. What else would be comparable in that price range?

https://brocock.co.uk/brocock-xr/
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 02-16-2021, 7:37 AM

You cant go wrong with that choice. Pretty much all makes and models in that price range are going to deliver.
I started in the middle on PCP's with a Hatsan bullboss, and after 4 years it is still keeping the ground squirrels out of the wife's garden - even at longer ranges.
Another turkish rifle, though also a bullpup, that impressed me is the Kral Puncher Breaker. Outstanding gun.
*I finally settled on an Air Arms S-510 .25 cal walnut thumbhole stock. I can hit quarters at 100 yards with it when paired with a good FFP optic (currently an Athlon). I no longer have pests on my property. But because the stock is so darn nice I tend to use the Hatsan Bullboss more for outdoor pest work.
You can't go wrong with any of the Brocock guns. I almost got one but the S510 was too nice to pass up.
Old 02-16-2021, 7:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Ted's Holdover channel on U tube shoots a ton of PCP at 100+ yards...

I would look there.... Are you open to used? I have 2 friends in So Cal with picked up expensive PCPs and never use them... too much rifle for the city...

I'm sure they can be the only ones with dusty PCP rigs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQq2Tyqlr8k

PCP is really evolving... I'm amazed what has happened to quality and price in the past 5 years...

an example of an unsold PCP
https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1683198

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 02-16-2021, 8:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Ted's Holdover channel on U tube shoots a ton of PCP at 100+ yards...

I would look there.... Are you open to used? I have 2 friends in So Cal with picked up expensive PCPs and never use them... too much rifle for the city...

I'm sure they can be the only ones with dusty PCP rigs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQq2Tyqlr8k

PCP is really evolving... I'm amazed what has happened to quality and price in the past 5 years...

an example of an unsold PCP
https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1683198
Might consider the right lightly used rifle - find out what they have/want for them & shoot me a PM.
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 02-16-2021, 7:13 PM

If ya want all the lowdown on air guns, all styles, go here....
https://www.airgunnation.com/
And ya also gotta consider that a decent scope and an air supply are essential.
All of this and more on the Airgun Nation Forum.
Old 02-16-2021, 7:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoman View Post
If ya want all the lowdown on air guns, all styles, go here....
https://www.airgunnation.com/
And ya also gotta consider that a decent scope and an air supply are essential.
All of this and more on the Airgun Nation Forum.
Have a nice Discovery HD 4-20X50 SFIR FFP to go on whatever I get and have a 60min Drager 4500psi SCBA with a Joe Broncato fill assembly.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2021, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

So, I originally had stated that I wasn't interested in a Bullpup design but I think I've changed my mind.

The Reximex Throne Bullpup PCP by Kral. Reximex is a higher-end line of PCP's than Kral's regular line and the Throne really has my interest piqued. A member on the Gateway to Airguns forum is going to be the US Dealer for the line and thinks discounted GTA member pricing for the Throne will be about a grand. It will be Regulated with a Power Adjuster and will come with quick-change 22.8 inch barrels in .177, .22, and .25 and two mags for each caliber so it's really three rifles in one. Youtube videos are indicating great accuracy out to 100+ yards. Am hoping to have one in hand in a couple of months or so.

http://reximex.com/en/reximex-throne...ali-tufek.html

Quote:

Last edited by WartHog; 02-27-2021 at 12:39 PM..
Old 03-27-2021, 8:14 PM

I regret not going the more $$$ and got something that's still $$$ (Evanix Max Air .22 $1250).

Recently got my hands on a Edgun Leshiy 2. Fricken love this thing, can swap barrels and air bottles with regular tools. I can go from a .177 all the way to a .30 with swapping a barrel, using a shroud/suppressor to cover the barrel and make it quieter, and a magazine for that caliber.
I already ordered a 350cc tank, I believe the stock tank in the pictures is only 135cc.

Old 03-27-2021, 9:33 PM

That has to be the nicest air gun I've seen in along time.
Old 03-29-2021, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside View Post
That has to be the nicest air gun I've seen in along time.
Its awesome, I havent put it away because I cant stop tinkering and looking looking it.

Just waiting on a bigger bottle, should be able to more than double my shot count. Also considering getting a suppressor mod even tho the setup is already quiet.
Old 06-03-2021, 1:01 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03eleven View Post
I regret not going the more $$$ and got something that's still $$$ (Evanix Max Air .22 $1250).

Recently got my hands on a Edgun Leshiy 2. Fricken love this thing, can swap barrels and air bottles with regular tools. I can go from a .177 all the way to a .30 with swapping a barrel, using a shroud/suppressor to cover the barrel and make it quieter, and a magazine for that caliber.
I already ordered a 350cc tank, I believe the stock tank in the pictures is only 135cc.

My man.

Glad to see someone is spending a dime on good air rifles.
Old 06-06-2021, 3:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

i think i am going to get a leshiy 2, now. every time i see a new rifle i change my mind again. was tempted to get an lcs sk-19, but i want something really quiet.

i wonder how long if you pre-order now? there is only one place to buy them, right?
Old 06-07-2021, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
i think i am going to get a leshiy 2, now. every time i see a new rifle i change my mind again. was tempted to get an lcs sk-19, but i want something really quiet.

i wonder how long if you pre-order now? there is only one place to buy them, right?
They sent an email last week saying mid July. 😎
Old 06-07-2021, 6:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrob77 View Post
They sent an email last week saying mid July. 😎
thanks.

somebody talk me out of it! am i missing out of a different rifle?
Old 06-07-2021, 6:19 AM

Quote:

Are you in Europe? Got your hands on one and posted pics from their website instead of your own huh

https://www.edgunwest.com/edgun-lesh...-notification/
Old 06-07-2021, 8:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

IM getting the Brocock, but also if you want premium then Daystate.

Ive owned to RAW, Rapid Air Weapon TM 1000.. You deal with the owner/maker when you need to. It's an English guy and his wife.

Last edited by ERdept; 06-07-2021 at 9:00 PM..
Old 06-11-2021, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
Looking to spend the majority of my tax refund on a Buy Once - Cry Once .22 Hunting PCP. Want a synthetic stocked, somewhat lightweight, more compact rifle but not a true Bullpup. High shot count and accurate out to 100+ yards. Am leaning heavily towards a Brocock Bantam Sniper XR for $1400. What else would be comparable in that price range?

https://brocock.co.uk/brocock-xr/
The Brocock Sniper XP is the one I want to buy, super accurate PCP ...
Old 07-07-2021, 1:00 PM

Came in a little earlier

2211E811-3254-4469-9136-C0D06778B017.jpg
Old 07-08-2021, 10:37 AM
Finally retired
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrob77 View Post
Came in a little earlier

Attachment 1027209
Mine arrived Tuesday
Old 07-08-2021, 12:13 PM

I think if the OP is going to spend $1400.00 and wants a buy once cry once, might as well just pony up and get the leshiy 2 in my opinion. Out of all my airguns, I enjoy and use the edguns the most, a leishy and leyla 2.0 .
Old 07-08-2021, 4:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom77 View Post
I think if the OP is going to spend $1400.00 and wants a buy once cry once, might as well just pony up and get the leshiy 2 in my opinion. Out of all my airguns, I enjoy and use the edguns the most, a leishy and leyla 2.0 .
Glad you're happy with yours - I'm still going to go with the Reximex Throne as its three guns/calibers for less than $1000.
Quote:
Old 07-29-2021, 3:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:

/assets/custom/001748/images/web/img-20191224-wa0005.jpg[/IMG]
just so you know, i blame you.

each time i had gone back to edgunswest, it was on back order, until a few days ago, dang it. stupid "add to cart" button!!

i am interested to know how folks are setting up their leshiy 2, what scope and such...the grip sucks (lol) so i will be addressing that somehow. while it will take a basic AR grip without the beavertail, it sort of needs something there like the oem grip to keep your hand farther down away from the hinge.

i got the long .22 because i wanted the higher energy and slightly quieter gun (according to edgun, due to the larger moderator).
no doubt i may get a short barrel for it, and maybe even a .30 cal.

of note, i was going to put my atlas cal on it, but the cant lever is too far out and it doesn't fit on the short rail section, so i will be using my accu-tac sr-5.
i will start my own thread once i have some pictures to share.

Old 08-03-2021, 7:23 AM

Quote:
i am interested to know how folks are setting up their leshiy 2, what scope and such...the grip sucks (lol) so i will be addressing that somehow. while it will take a basic AR grip without the beavertail, it sort of needs something there like the oem grip to keep your hand farther down away from the hinge.
I have one, and it didn't take more than once or twice to learn to get my hand away from the grip when reloading. I don't see myself running reloading drills, nor should I realistically need more than 10 rounds at a time if I'm pesting.

I've got the 330cc tank, and I got the Shorokh 450mm carbon fiber handguard. (I also got a 450mm barrel with that kit.) The suppressor that comes with it kinda sucks, so I upgraded to a Huma mod 50, which has removable baffles so you can shorten and lengthen it as desired. I thought about going with a red dot, but ended up with a Hawke Airmax 30 (4-16x50 front focal plane), mounted to a Bobro short mount. I also got an Arisaka sling QD mount that attaches to the M-lok slots, along with an Atlas bipod I cannibalized from my .308. The bipod is mounted way up front with an M-lok/Pic-rail adapter.

The further along I got in this build, the more I began to wonder whether I was taking it in the wrong direction, though. One of the cool things about the Leshiy2 is the compact, almost pistol size, and its light weight, and the idea is to be able to throw it in a daypack and pick off a rabbit or a squirrel while hiking or scouting. With the way it's currently set up, it makes for a fine plinker and a dedicated pesting airgun, I don't think the design (e.g., the three-bolt barrel clamp, somewhat loose indexing of the cylinder) particularly lends itself to extreme accuracy.

It's been a real pleasure to shoot with the ammo prices/supply being what they are now. A compressor that can get up the pressure to 250bar is expensive, to be sure, but I'm reasonably close to Joe Broncato/Airtanksforsale/Top Gun Airguns and I bought a 410cu-inch tank from them, so air refills are free. I know it's blasphemy on a powder burner site (shoot, I'm even talking like those air gun guys), but this scratches 80-90% of my itch for trigger time. That, and I don't need to worry about all these BS laws on what parts constitute a felony or not.

Gavin Newsom is a lying, cheating slickster and will be is the worst mistake California has ever made if he gets now that he has been elected Governor. Hollywood movie producers look to him and his oleaginous persona as a model for the corrupt "bad guy" politician character. This guy is so greasy, he could lubricate an entire arsenal of AR-15s just by breathing on them.
Old 08-03-2021, 6:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsDX View Post
I have one, and it didn't take more than once or twice to learn to get my hand away from the grip when reloading. I don't see myself running reloading drills, nor should I realistically need more than 10 rounds at a time if I'm pesting.

I've got the 330cc tank, and I got the Shorokh 450mm carbon fiber handguard. (I also got a 450mm barrel with that kit.) The suppressor that comes with it kinda sucks, so I upgraded to a Huma mod 50, which has removable baffles so you can shorten and lengthen it as desired. I thought about going with a red dot, but ended up with a Hawke Airmax 30 (4-16x50 front focal plane), mounted to a Bobro short mount. I also got an Arisaka sling QD mount that attaches to the M-lok slots, along with an Atlas bipod I cannibalized from my .308. The bipod is mounted way up front with an M-lok/Pic-rail adapter.

The further along I got in this build, the more I began to wonder whether I was taking it in the wrong direction, though. One of the cool things about the Leshiy2 is the compact, almost pistol size, and its light weight, and the idea is to be able to throw it in a daypack and pick off a rabbit or a squirrel while hiking or scouting. With the way it's currently set up, it makes for a fine plinker and a dedicated pesting airgun, I don't think the design (e.g., the three-bolt barrel clamp, somewhat loose indexing of the cylinder) particularly lends itself to extreme accuracy.

It's been a real pleasure to shoot with the ammo prices/supply being what they are now. A compressor that can get up the pressure to 250bar is expensive, to be sure, but I'm reasonably close to Joe Broncato/Airtanksforsale/Top Gun Airguns and I bought a 410cu-inch tank from them, so air refills are free. I know it's blasphemy on a powder burner site (shoot, I'm even talking like those air gun guys), but this scratches 80-90% of my itch for trigger time. That, and I don't need to worry about all these BS laws on what parts constitute a felony or not.
omg, this thing is soo fun, lol.
i have the longer one, so it is slightly quieter (per edgun) because more volume in the moderator, and it is quiet enough that i have shot it in the house, but i am ordering the mod40 for mine because brian at egw said it is a lot quieter. i can only get 16 yards max, but at least i can play if nobody complains.

oh, and i got a reduced angle grip from bravo company and now i can pick up the rifle by the grip and not hit my wrist on the stock.
i put a swampfox arrowhead 1-10 lvpo on it, but i need a higher mount.

Old 08-04-2021, 3:09 PM

Quote:
i have the longer one, so it is slightly quieter (per edgun) because more volume in the moderator, and it is quiet enough that i have shot it in the house, but i am ordering the mod40 for mine because brian at egw said it is a lot quieter.
Yeah, I don't know if I buy that, necessarily. I got the mod 40 (sorry, not mod 50 as I wrote in my earlier post) at his advice too, but I'm not entirely convinced it's any quieter than the factory suppressor or the Shorokh suppressor. It's lighter than the Shorokh suppressor, which is nice, and I can have my carbon fiber forearm that's otherwise not possible with the factory suppressor. Maybe one of these days I can install a sound decibel meter on my phone and compare the results, but I think a good portion of the sound comes from the gap between the revolving cylinder and the breech end of the barrel.

That grip looks like it's providing a decent amount of clearance from the hinge, so glad that's working out for you. I might go in this direction still, though I do like the look of the red highlights between the cylinder, the grip, and the release button.

Gavin Newsom is a lying, cheating slickster and will be is the worst mistake California has ever made if he gets now that he has been elected Governor. Hollywood movie producers look to him and his oleaginous persona as a model for the corrupt "bad guy" politician character. This guy is so greasy, he could lubricate an entire arsenal of AR-15s just by breathing on them.
Old 08-09-2021, 6:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsDX View Post
Yeah, I don't know if I buy that, necessarily. I got the mod 40 (sorry, not mod 50 as I wrote in my earlier post) at his advice too, but I'm not entirely convinced it's any quieter than the factory suppressor or the Shorokh suppressor. It's lighter than the Shorokh suppressor, which is nice, and I can have my carbon fiber forearm that's otherwise not possible with the factory suppressor. Maybe one of these days I can install a sound decibel meter on my phone and compare the results, but I think a good portion of the sound comes from the gap between the revolving cylinder and the breech end of the barrel.

That grip looks like it's providing a decent amount of clearance from the hinge, so glad that's working out for you. I might go in this direction still, though I do like the look of the red highlights between the cylinder, the grip, and the release button.
i just got my mod40 kit and handguard, and it does make my 350mm .22 version quieter than the stock shroud. i cannot quantify it, but i am no longer worried about the neighbors. i wondered if i had installed the stock shround correctly because so much air came out between it and the lower, but brian said it was "normal. i think my buddy has a decibel meter he can let me borrow, just to see what it looks like, even if not really accurate.

i was sighting in the wraith and was a bit right consistently, so ii made an adjustment, and verified with 8 shots in <3 seconds. i'm sure i can improve on this. only 10 yards, from my office to the laundry area.

https://youtu.be/Od8kOn29J1c
Old 08-15-2021, 5:47 PM

Man you guys are making me really want to get into pcp airguns, it is just so expensive. That Edgun is really nice and not sure I would want anything else. I would get a little longer one prob their short to mid rifle size.

Just not sure i want to go down the pcp rabbit hole. I guess once you get the gun and a good tank you are set, just the initial cost i would be looking at would be close to $4k, ouch.

If I start out with just the air rifle is there a way to fill it without spending much more money?

Chad
Old 08-17-2021, 8:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggs75 View Post
Man you guys are making me really want to get into pcp airguns, it is just so expensive. That Edgun is really nice and not sure I would want anything else. I would get a little longer one prob their short to mid rifle size.

Just not sure i want to go down the pcp rabbit hole. I guess once you get the gun and a good tank you are set, just the initial cost i would be looking at would be close to $4k, ouch.

If I start out with just the air rifle is there a way to fill it without spending much more money?

Chad
you can fill them with a hand pump, like many do. i am too lazy.
Old 08-21-2021, 4:51 PM
Finally retired

Quote:
you can fill them with a hand pump, like many do. i am too lazy.
I'm old so I bought a compressor, I'm not spending 30 minutes pumping this thing up just to shoot a couple of dozen rounds.

Installed some Leopold high scope rings today, makes shooting a little easier but not high enough. I ordered a couple of spacers, we'll see if that doesn't help.

This thing is a blast to shoot I'm sitting on the deck blasting the hell out of my steel targets, now I need to find a source of inexpensive 22 cal pellets.
Old 08-26-2021, 7:02 AM

Okay, so how are you guys liking your Edgun Leshiy 2's?

Any issues?

Can it hit varments at 100 yards?

What's the best configuration to order?

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2021, 11:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

I love my Leshiy 2. The trigger takes some getting used to, although I think that they have made some adjustment to the newest ones.

!00 yards is a long way for a pellet gun, and it will depend on caliber/configuration and environmental conditions. If everything is set up right and you do your job, it can be done, but there are a lot of variables.
Old 08-26-2021, 3:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by big67 View Post
Okay, so how are you guys liking your Edgun Leshiy 2's?

Any issues?

Can it hit varments at 100 yards?

What's the best configuration to order?

Thanks!
you're in luck because they released the leshiy 2 repr, which has an externally adjustable regulator now (mine does).

configuration depends on what you're going to do with it and what sized varmints.
if you want it really quiet, you're going to want a moderator or silencer.