Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2021, 6:26 AM
esp1's Avatar
esp1 esp1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Socal
Posts: 855
iTrader: 59 / 98%
Default F*&^ ing then he Fu^$'n said that he was going to fing.....

I was at the Lake Forest store last week during the week and it was kinda slow.

4 of the associates gathered by the ammo area behind the counter and were messing around.

No issue there but when the language turned loud and foul with F bombs every 7th word I shook my head. The worst was when the shorter blond, slender manager in the black shirt joined in.

I dont expect my butt to be kissed in any gun store but I do draw the line at an utter lack of professionalism even if your mom n dad did raise your mouths up to talk like trash. This goes quadruple for " management."...especially bc some customers bring in kids.

Shame on you guys. Shame on Turners. I expect more from socals largest dealer of 2nd amendment supplies and equipment. Its not like you are a dirtbag small time operation....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2021, 6:30 AM
VictorFranko's Avatar
VictorFranko VictorFranko is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........
Posts: 13,725
iTrader: 56 / 100%
Default

I was going to criticize your thread title but not after reading your post.
Hopefully Turner's management will address this with their people.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2021, 6:55 AM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,825
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Big box minimum wage, zero education required employees, as long as holes are filled and they show up for work, management is happy and don't give a crap.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2021, 7:14 AM
9mmContagion's Avatar
9mmContagion 9mmContagion is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Riv. County
Posts: 2,972
iTrader: 189 / 99%
Default

Let me get this right… A grown man was offended by foul language, not even directed at him? Hmmm, interesting. It always baffles me that people get offended by language. You must have never been in the military, worked on a job site, been in a locker room, etc.

It’s almost like the people who are offended by the signs that say “Men” and “Women” on the restroom. They’re F***ing words!

I mean if you just came to rant about the shotty service from the same company we all know has shotty service, okay..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2021, 7:15 AM
DaveInOroValley's Avatar
DaveInOroValley DaveInOroValley is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In a free state as of 2020
Posts: 8,375
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

After all the things I've read just on CalGuns about Turners I would never set foot in one.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-17-2021, 7:17 AM
GlockN'Roll's Avatar
GlockN'Roll GlockN'Roll is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SOUTHERN CAL
Posts: 3,385
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
Let me get this right…

A grown man was offended by foul language, not even directed at him? Hmmm, interesting.

It always baffles me that people get offended by language.

You must have never been in the military, worked on a job site, been in a locker room, etc.

It’s almost like the people who are offended by the signs that say “Men” and “Women” on the restroom. They’re F***ing words!

I mean if you just came to rant about the shotty service from the same company we all know has shotty service, okay..
A retail store where women and children are present is not a locker room or a job site...
__________________

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2021, 3:40 PM
9mmContagion's Avatar
9mmContagion 9mmContagion is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Riv. County
Posts: 2,972
iTrader: 189 / 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockN'Roll View Post
A retail store where women and children are present is not a locker room or a job site...
Well can’t men have anything sacred to them
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2021, 3:44 PM
Russian Bot Russian Bot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Upland
Posts: 342
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
Let me get this right… A grown man was offended by foul language, not even directed at him? Hmmm, interesting. It always baffles me that people get offended by language. You must have never been in the military, worked on a job site, been in a locker room, etc.

It’s almost like the people who are offended by the signs that say “Men” and “Women” on the restroom. They’re F***ing words!

I mean if you just came to rant about the shotty service from the same company we all know has shotty service, okay..
I mean I wouldn't take my 2 year old to any of the places you listed
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-17-2021, 4:51 PM
kingransom's Avatar
kingransom kingransom is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ventura county
Posts: 2,086
iTrader: 126 / 100%
Default

9mm
There's a time and a place for everything. An occasional profane word in general is not a big deal, but when you are in a major retail chain and there are customers in the store there should be a level of professionalism and decorum that is used. I don't care if it's a gun store with a bunch of macho guys in it, employees that don't know when to use discretion should not be employed. It's a reflection on the establishment. If you haven't figured that out, just read all the comments regarding Turner's and how much business they've lost due to the way they conduct their business.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-17-2021, 5:34 PM
Tractionavant's Avatar
Tractionavant Tractionavant is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Walnut Creek
Posts: 273
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Totally inappropriate in a business setting period...
__________________
NRA Lifetime member
CRPA Contributor
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-20-2021, 9:19 PM
JWil JWil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 322
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Unprofessional yes, but wimpy as f u c k to go and whine on the internet lol
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-20-2021, 9:23 PM
Tango_Down's Avatar
Tango_Down Tango_Down is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hill Valley
Posts: 1,166
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

*** **** **** *** ******* *** ***** **** **** *****
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-20-2021, 9:26 PM
TKM's Avatar
TKM TKM is offline
Bring back the Lions.
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California's 3A Sanctuary City
Posts: 10,057
iTrader: 74 / 100%
Default

Somebody with esp should have known better.
__________________
?He would have finished Goddam off then and there, but pity stayed his hand. 'It's a pity I've run out of bullets,' he thought.?
― Henry N. Beard, Bored of the Rings: A Parody of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-22-2021, 7:00 PM
Rob454's Avatar
Rob454 Rob454 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: so cal
Posts: 11,215
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
Let me get this right… A grown man was offended by foul language, not even directed at him? Hmmm, interesting. It always baffles me that people get offended by language. You must have never been in the military, worked on a job site, been in a locker room, etc.

It’s almost like the people who are offended by the signs that say “Men” and “Women” on the restroom. They’re F***ing words!

I mean if you just came to rant about the shotty service from the same company we all know has shotty service, okay..
You missed the point. You’re in a store. You’re an employee. You represent the company you work for. Also a manager. Customers shouldn’t hear yiur arguments in the first place. If there is a issue you go in the back. Not at the front counter.

A customer walking in a store shouldn’t be subject to hearing foul language from a employee or truthfully anyone else especially a manager. Not only does it show a lack of professionalism, a lack of basic vocabulary and inability to make a argument without profanity most likely due to the lack of a vocabulary it isn’t the time and place for it. I’ve been in plenty of settings where foul language prevailed. But to walk around cussing up a storm…you look like the illiterate imbecile that you are.

It has nothin to do with being sensitive to foul language. Any idiot can cuss.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-22-2021, 7:08 PM
Snagglepuss Snagglepuss is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 400
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Free speech until it offends you. Turners is the best place for you! I appreciate places that sell things almost exclusively to adults and also speak like adults. Go buy guns and weenie hut jr. You can bring all the kids and not have to worry about them having to change genders based on something someone else said.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-27-2021, 4:30 PM
Rob454's Avatar
Rob454 Rob454 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: so cal
Posts: 11,215
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss View Post
Free speech until it offends you. Turners is the best place for you! I appreciate places that sell things almost exclusively to adults and also speak like adults. Go buy guns and weenie hut jr. You can bring all the kids and not have to worry about them having to change genders based on something someone else said.
I know plenty of adults who don’t use swear words. A employee cussing at work isn’t a freedom of speech issue
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-31-2021, 5:05 AM
gmotoring's Avatar
gmotoring gmotoring is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 262
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

You are not going to get managment to respond. Even when they violate laws on pricing discrepancy set by department of weights and measure. Best thing is dont step foot in a turners. Spend your money at others LGS ran by owners that care.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-31-2021, 9:03 AM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,825
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmotoring View Post
You are not going to get managment to respond. Even when they violate laws on pricing discrepancy set by department of weights and measure. Best thing is dont step foot in a turners. Spend your money at others LGS ran by owners that care.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Just curious what gun laws are set by department of weights and measure? (serious question)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-31-2021, 9:06 AM
mooner760HD's Avatar
mooner760HD mooner760HD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 624
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Pearl clutching over profanity is too much for me. Have you heard the language that women and children use these days?

Just ignore and move on.
__________________
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-31-2021, 9:17 AM
wpod's Avatar
wpod wpod is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,396
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I've always considered swearing as adolescent language, not adult language.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-31-2021, 10:38 AM
gmotoring's Avatar
gmotoring gmotoring is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 262
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfe187 View Post
Just curious what gun laws are set by department of weights and measure? (serious question)
Pricing displayed on shelves was lower need to match what you are charged at register.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-31-2021, 2:30 PM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,825
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmotoring View Post
Pricing displayed on shelves was lower need to match what you are charged at register.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Gotcha. Yeah many big box stores have this issue.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-16-2021, 1:52 PM
esp1's Avatar
esp1 esp1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Socal
Posts: 855
iTrader: 59 / 98%
Default

I f*$kn went there today and noone was f^(<!^& sayn ne more swear words. lol

I mean I suppose veryone who commented on this post is also a whiner in one way or another. lol.

And all who whined about freedom, manliness, and standards do so trying to impose their modality as gospel.

That is not freedom, that is suppression, lol !!!

beautiful.

All views and opinions are welcome.
Thx for reading my rant.
And
As the indominantable Ocean Bob says, " be well."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-20-2021, 4:01 PM
ram78d10 ram78d10 is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esp1 View Post
I was at the Lake Forest store last week during the week and it was kinda slow.

4 of the associates gathered by the ammo area behind the counter and were messing around.

No issue there but when the language turned loud and foul with F bombs every 7th word I shook my head. The worst was when the shorter blond, slender manager in the black shirt joined in.

I dont expect my butt to be kissed in any gun store but I do draw the line at an utter lack of professionalism even if your mom n dad did raise your mouths up to talk like trash. This goes quadruple for " management."...especially bc some customers bring in kids.

Shame on you guys. Shame on Turners. I expect more from socals largest dealer of 2nd amendment supplies and equipment. Its not like you are a dirtbag small time operation....
Lighten up, Francis.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-29-2021, 3:43 PM
stoogescv stoogescv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 230
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The people who work at the Turners in Santa Clarita are great. Knowledgeable. Great service. No cussing (as far as I've noticed, which I probably wouldn't).

I'm not easily offended, but if I was, I wouldn't come on the internet to complain about it. I would say something to them at the time, in a polite and respectful way.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:13 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy