Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 10-05-2019, 8:12 AM

Default OC CCW Interview

Just recently had my interview for a CCW in OC. The officer who interviewed me was very nice and helpful. I was not denied ,but was required to submit more info like paystub, Tax return, gas and utility bill. I'm assuming providing a lease agreement, CC bill, and internet bill was not enough for proof of residency. Has anyone experienced this?
Old 10-05-2019, 11:36 AM

I would guess that a credit card bill and internet bill can be sent to any address. Utility bills are for that address with your name on it.

What kind of other questions did the IA ask you. I have mine on the 21st
Old 10-05-2019, 12:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

OC has been asking for additional documentation of most renewals, too. In all cases I have information on, its stuff readily available if your GC is true. My dad was asked for his 214 form, I was asked for a copy of my bar card. My wild guess is it is used to show they are being diligent and it thickens the files in case of an audit of ccw practices. Probably a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 10-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFAN IN OC View Post
I would guess that a credit card bill and internet bill can be sent to any address. Utility bills are for that address with your name on it.

What kind of other questions did the IA ask you. I have mine on the 21st
Seems like to establish residency. They don’t ask much, just review you GC and may ask you to provide supplemental proof for if needed. They’re helpful and if you have questions, make sure to ask.

iTrader
Old 10-05-2019, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post

OC has been asking for additional documentation of most renewals, too.

In all cases I have information on, its stuff readily available if your GC is true.

My dad was asked for his 214 form, I was asked for a copy of my bar card.

My wild guess is it is used to show they are being diligent and it thickens the files in case of an audit of ccw practices.

Probably a good idea.
It appears that this is what is happening.

A little CYA on on the county level...

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 10-05-2019, 4:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
... My wild guess is it is used to show they are being diligent and it thickens the files in case of an audit of ccw practices. Probably a good idea.
How would that be any different for them than for example Kern County where if you are not a prohibited person you can use "self defense" for your good cause?

The definition of GC is left to the IA so I don't think OC has anything to worry about as long as they define it as something.
Old 10-07-2019, 3:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
OC has been asking for additional documentation of most renewals, too. In all cases I have information on, its stuff readily available if your GC is true. My dad was asked for his 214 form, I was asked for a copy of my bar card. My wild guess is it is used to show they are being diligent and it thickens the files in case of an audit of ccw practices. Probably a good idea.
Who’s going to audit them???? What authority is higher than the county sheriff for issuing ccw’s? Certainly is not the state. The state leaves it up to the county.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 10-08-2019, 1:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Who’s going to audit them???? What authority is higher than the county sheriff for issuing ccw’s? Certainly is not the state. The state leaves it up to the county.
Pretty sure the CA legislature recently audited Sac Sheriff. And pretty sure the reason was to evaluate how the state's laws on permits were working, with a view to possible changes.
Old 10-09-2019, 1:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Sure they can. “Comply with the records request or we will re write the current law to take away your discretion, or rto give us the power to audit.

The statute can be “clarified” at any time to spell out good cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX