Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 01-17-2021, 3:51 PM

Default costco's fully stocked

A few times on this and other forums I've read about stores being out of this or that; well I went to the Costco in Modesto about noon today. Full, busy as heck, and everything in stock. I realized I never bought a lot of things last year due to the hype; in fact i avoided costco for a variety of reasons during the spring and summer. Normally i use it for work but even that lacked this year.

Today i got out with frozen beef, frozen chicken, canned veggies, jugs of soy sauce, sweet n sour sauce, big bag of rice, and yep I even bought TP for the first time in a year (for me). Nothing "extra' really but a bag of almonds i guess. Out for under $200. Nothing I missed that was on my list. Store is full.
Old 01-17-2021, 4:13 PM
I Pity the Fool!
CGN Contributor

They've been back in stock of almost everything for about 6-months.

I think Costco has better procurement, logistics and distribution than than the US military.
Old 01-17-2021, 4:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I never noticed costco out of anything for longer than a week or so. Even when water was going fast, my local costco had 3-4 pallets at all times.
Old 01-17-2021, 4:34 PM
Veteran Member

My local Costco was out of toilet paper, paper towels, and napkins off and on for a few weeks about two months ago. I went this week and everything is pretty well stocked. Only thing I couldn't find was frozen orange juice.
Didn't see anybody panic buying.
Old 01-17-2021, 4:42 PM
Calguns Addict

You can never tell when Costco is out of something. They just stick something else on the shelf to sell. Sometimes they aren't out of a product they just don't sell it anymore.
Old 01-17-2021, 5:03 PM
Maskless
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: More than 6’ from you. And guaranteed to be standing by my comments about fear mongering dickheads.

Understand, the preppers are prepped. The “others” are now not living in as much fear.

The news stopped leading every night with “covid gonna kill ya”.

And general feelings that uncle pedo will take care of you.

The only item noticeably low at the grocery store Friday was ramen noodles. Why? IDK.
Old 01-17-2021, 6:09 PM

I'm down to 60 packs of toilet paper. I better buy some more.
Old 01-17-2021, 6:15 PM

My Cosctos are fully stocked but my local Walmart are empty shelves I went in to buy mobile1 oil, a filter, car wash soap, and a new lodge cast iron pan. They were out of everything
Old 01-17-2021, 6:27 PM

Yes, everyone back to sleep.
There will never be a run on food and products again.

Also, everyone knows there will never be war again on American soil. World wars only happen on the other side of the planet.
Why do you need an AR15? A years supply of food storage?
Old 01-17-2021, 8:31 PM

Walmart has stopped contributing to congressmen who questioned the validity of the election. They are continuing to fund leftists, though. I suggest that you shouldn't shop at walmart. They've become the enemy.
Mauserguy
Old 01-18-2021, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauserguy View Post
Walmart has stopped contributing to congressmen who questioned the validity of the election. They are continuing to fund leftists, though. I suggest that you shouldn't shop at walmart. They've become the enemy.
Mauserguy
Just because someone does not believe in your political ideology does not make them your enemy. You can contribute to whomever's political fund you want. That is what is great about this country, you get to help choose your leaders.

If you don't want to go to Walmart, that is your choice but your just feeding into the divisiveness and will only make the situation worse. Your President didn't win this election. It has happened so many times before and you/we survived. In four years there will be another election and 1/2 the country will not get the President they wanted. It is part of Democracy. It is normal. The divisiveness and anger surrounding this one is not. If we are to continue to succeed as a country we need to do it calmly, with compassion for others, and with the understanding things don't always go the way we want them to.

Last edited by TheChief; 01-18-2021 at 10:10 AM..
Old 01-18-2021, 10:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Don't forget your local latin and asian grocery stores as well as Dollar stores, Smart food service, Winco, Grocery outlet, etc..

Casting a wide net is a good thing.

*speaking to the owners of one of the little mom n pop grocers can yield you deals and a relationship that could get goods that get hard to find. Some of these good people know people. Sometimes they barter.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 01-18-2021, 10:54 AM

In La Habra, they got iso propyl alcohol. But I be missing my 2-pack od Worcestershire sauce. Bummer.
Old 01-18-2021, 6:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Just because someone does not believe in your political ideology does not make them your enemy. You can contribute to whomever's political fund you want. That is what is great about this country, you get to help choose your leaders.

If you don't want to go to Walmart, that is your choice but your just feeding into the divisiveness and will only make the situation worse. Your President didn't win this election. It has happened so many times before and you/we survived. In four years there will be another election and 1/2 the country will not get the President they wanted. It is part of Democracy. It is normal. The divisiveness and anger surrounding this one is not. If we are to continue to succeed as a country we need to do it calmly, with compassion for others, and with the understanding things don't always go the way we want them to.
so full of fail. this is why the GOP loses. the high road in dirty politics equals losing. the left never accpted 2016, stayed angry, fought dirty and won.

kumbaya and hugs don't win. period.
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

William Butler Yeats 1865-1939
Old 01-19-2021, 6:43 PM

Quote:

Wow... i believe you to be sorely mistaken sir. I know this isn’t the political thread, but pretty sure fair elections are a thing of the past. Might as well go fishing on Election Day in the future...
Old 01-21-2021, 9:59 PM

Politicians and their supporters who seek the downfall of America, the suppression of free speach and promote months long violence to cow their opponents are enemies. There's just no way around that.
Mauserguy
Old 01-22-2021, 7:43 AM

Wife just spent $426 at costco, must have been pretty well stocked...
Old 01-22-2021, 8:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

If you don't want to go to Walmart, that is your choice but your just feeding into the divisiveness and will only make the situation worse. Your President didn't win this election. It has happened so many times before and you/we survived. In four years there will be another election and 1/2 the country will not get the President they wanted. It is part of Democracyour Republic. It is normal. The divisiveness and anger surrounding this one is not. If we are to continue to succeed as a country we need to do it calmly, with compassion for others, and with the understanding things don't always go the way we want them to.
We are not a Democracy. It is found nowhere in our Constitution. Direct Democracies are tyranny of the mob.

Sorry the left has had nothing but hatred and now physical violence against those who disagree with them.

Cudakid is right they never accepted 2016 nor 2001, 2004 elections either. They have contested them on the House floor or cried about them.

This last election is fishy as hell. Something doesn't smell right at all. But many conservatives they will grumble and go to work. Yet the far left is still rioting even though the most left leaning Senator is now VP. Nothing satisfies them.

The only thing to really do is concentrate on the midterms and 2024 to unseat Harris/Biden.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Blah, Blah, Blah...
Another Leftist POS added to the list...
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, lefties will have brought it upon themselves. I value freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of governance they have to offer, which offers no freedom and complete servitude to the state.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 01-22-2021, 10:46 AM

"The only thing to really do is concentrate on the midterms and 2024 to unseat Harris/Biden."

Agreed, but to revert to the original poster's point, also stock up for potential continued unrest and protect your family and help your community.

Stay well, everybody.
Mauserguy
Old 01-22-2021, 11:21 AM

Default Joe Biden Wins Nobel Prize For His Incredible First Day As President

Bad news for Trump?
SWEDEN—According to sources in the media, President Biden had an incredible first day in office. After signing executive orders to end racism, global warming, and Republican domestic terrorism, the Norwegian Nobel Committee agreed that this was possibly the best first day in office of any president in history. To recognize this groundbreaking achievement, Biden will be awarded the Nobel Prize in all 6 categories:

Physics - For miraculously causing the sea levels to lower by signing the Paris Climate Accord
Chemistry - For his incredible chemistry with the American people
Medicine - For administering life-saving vaccines to millions of people after Trump selfishly hoarded them in his basement
Literature - For writing some of the most compelling speeches and most beautiful tweets ever written
Peace - For ensuring a peaceful transfer of power with 30,000 National Guard troops and 12 foot high fences topped with razor wire . . .
Immigration: Solving the curse of immigration by Covid carriers by cancelling the evil Trump fence on the border . . .
Economic Sciences - For raising the minimum wage-- something no one has ever tried before
"This is astounding. It feels so good to finally have a competent president again," said White House Correspondent Jim Acosta with tears in his eyes. Mitt Romney echoed - I give praise and hosannas to my new messiah, President Joe! Amen!
Biden was scheduled to give an acceptance speech but was rushed to the hospital after swallowing one of the Nobel Prize medals instead of his bowl of Jello . . ."

Semisatire - Babylon Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
Another Leftist POS added to the list...
Old 01-22-2021, 5:21 PM

I came across the pricing codes for costco if there is interest. https://www.howtosavemoney.ca/costco-prices-codes

Ends in .97 Clearance
Ends in .88 Manager discounts
Ends in .00 Manager discounts
Has an asterisk (*) at the end Item won’t be restocked
Ends in a 9 Manufacturer discount
Old 01-22-2021, 7:03 PM
Maskless
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: More than 6’ from you. And guaranteed to be standing by my comments about fear mongering dickheads.

That .97 is real. I bought a 5 year supply of mustard once for about a buck.
Old 01-23-2021, 9:48 PM

Quote:

Well said....100% agree.....
Old 01-24-2021, 5:29 PM
I Pity the Fool!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylogger6 View Post
If she didn't get any beef jerky, send her right back!
Old 01-24-2021, 9:58 PM

Quote:

Well said! It's popular to believe there was enough fraud to have changed this election, but it's the same kind of conspiratorial buffoonery that leads people to say we didn't land on the moon, or that the earth is flat, or that vaccines cause autism. Conservatives lost the election because we did not present a compelling case to the American people, and because the President was essentially Hillary Clinton: a perpetually angry egomaniac that's hated by half the country.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratchett View Post
Well said! It's popular to believe there was enough fraud to have changed this election, but it's the same kind of conspiratorial buffoonery that leads people to say we didn't land on the moon, or that the earth is flat, or that vaccines cause autism. Conservatives lost the election because we did not present a compelling case to the American people, and because the President was essentially Hillary Clinton: a perpetually angry egomaniac that's hated by half the country.
We know for a fact that within some of the contested states procedures were different in some precincts than in others (some allowed omission of addresses while others did not, some called people to have them come back to sign their ballots while others did not) - this is a violation of Bush v Gore. We know for a fact that all of the contested states violated their own existing laws. We know for a fact that the people certifying the vote in Wayne County voted against certifying - their children were then openly threatened and they voted again this time under duress to certify the vote - they later said they tried to rescind their vote but were not allowed to. We know that in many of the contested districts there were more votes cast than there were registered voters. There have been many allegations beyond this that have been dismissed, but they have not been investigated nor disproved.

In short, we know there were a lot of problems with the election, what we don't know, because no one will investigate, is how much of an effect did it have and was there in fact enough to change the result. To say there wasn't implies that it has been investigated and found not to be a factor, it has not, it has simply been dismissed without investigation.

It's in everyone's interest to investigate as much as needed and determine exactly what happened in each state and district within the state so that it can be corrected. What if Republican's figure out how to manipulate the same issues and manage to "steal" the election in 2022 or 2024? Lets find the problems & fix them.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Mauserguy and Chief's posts really detoured the thread right into the political ditch.
Time to sing a different tune? Yes indeed.

"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --

Last edited by FeuerFrei; 01-26-2021 at 12:02 PM..
Old 01-26-2021, 3:00 PM

Update;

I ordered some pants on line from Costco last week and someone in the order department is a tad silly with their numbers. So I got three of the wrong size and took them back to the Modesto Costco yesterday; the same one as my OP. I didn't need anything but I did imagine picking up a TP, water and a few things. As I stood in line to return I noticed some paper towels going out, some kleenex but not one cart had TP/water on it. So I didn't even go back to look, but must assume they were now out.
Old 01-27-2021, 4:41 PM

Costco in San Dimas had TP, water, paper towels, and some sort of cleaning wipes in stock yesterday. Didn't see any Clorox-type of wipes. Not that I needed any.
I got what I needed. Applesauce, eggs, milk, and a seasoned tri-tip for dinner.

Got out of there for less than $100!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Last edited by madland; 01-27-2021 at 4:46 PM..
Old 02-13-2021, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylogger6 View Post
We figure we spend about a hundred bucks for every hour we are in Costco.
Old 02-13-2021, 2:01 AM

Have not been in a Costco since about 1987 or so.
Old 02-13-2021, 2:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCowboy View Post
Have not been in a Costco since about 1987 or so.
Costco didn’t exist in 1987. Unless you’re talking about Price Club? Gemco? FedCo?
Old 02-14-2021, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
Costco didn’t exist in 1987. Unless you’re talking about Price Club? Gemco? FedCo?
Costco in Anchorage AK opened in 1984. We drove there from Kenai a couple of times a year to load up on supplies. merged and changed name in the early 90's then eventually went back to old name "costco"

Last edited by CaliforniaCowboy; 02-14-2021 at 3:09 AM..
Old 02-14-2021, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
Haahaa I used to shop at all three of those places growing up in LA. I used to get so excited at the gun slinging Western Bagel icon around the corner of the FedCo in Van Nuys. Thanks for bringing up those memories.