Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 04-04-2021, 2:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockoutwithyerglockout View Post
if you're gonna buy from them, don't forget to enter CALGUNS for 5% off

but yes their stock system sucks because it isn't real time, their shipping sucks, and their customer service is wonky
Just email Jesse Tishauser @ jessetischauser@gmail.com and he will send a few 10% off codes. FYI - some items at OpticsPlanet are not eligible for additional discounts.
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 04-06-2021, 9:26 AM

I attempted to order some striker industries Muzzle compensatory and they canceled my orders saying they are not legal to ship to California which is completely false. I will take my business elsewhere from now on.
Old 04-06-2021, 2:59 PM

OpticsPlanet is good, BUT make sure you check the "availability" of the item before you order. They're a little sneaky in that you can order something that is not in stock and may be backordered for months!

If it's listed as "available" then iii my experience t's good to go.
Old 04-06-2021, 3:24 PM

I have had very good service from Optics Planet on a variety of items.

Good people, and if you order an item that is not in stock they make it very easy to cancel.
Old 04-06-2021, 3:28 PM

Scammed me on acogs. Had them in cart. Went to pay for them next morning. they had jacked up the price a hundred each. Bought elsewhere. Now all they do is send me acog offers. F them.
Old 04-06-2021, 4:09 PM

OpticsPlanet is pretty good in my experience. They are selling to a very large market where supply and demand dictates how much they can charge for items. These days putting something into a shopping cart doesn't mean too much, the number of people who abandon shopping carts is probably large.

If the price is decent I just get it. You have to make sure it's available though and even then it could say 10 in stock and there are 100 people looking at the same items so you mess around and it's gone by the time you try to checkout.

Sorry state of affairs, we got used to on-line shopping so stores don't carry much inventory. Now the guy in New Jersey is competing with you for that scope mount, he gets it and you don't.
Old 04-06-2021, 4:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yep they suck. Ordered some out of stock ammo back in December for a decent price, it has since doubled in price and they were supposed to have shipped on 3-25, well the order still says "processing" so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:31 PM

My opinion on them has changed. I placed an order for an item that was supposed to ship in 7-18 days. A few days later it shows it will ship in over a year... which I don't take literally... however WTF.

"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Hemingway
Old 04-08-2021, 11:32 AM

Welcome to the world of on-line ordering. It's only going to get worse. On-line sellers offer product based upon promises by distributors and distributors offer product based on manufacturers promises. Manufacturers in turn make promises based on just in time delivery of materials. One hiccup and you the buyer find out you're not getting what you thought or when you thought you'd get it.

Read the fine print, almost all on-line shops have a disclaimer that prices are subject to change and if they don't charge your card they can cancel the order or modify it and you have the choice to not accept those changes.

The market asked for it and so here it is. People forget that a virtual shopping cart is not like going into a store and taking something off the shelf and then going to checkout.

This is all headed for a radical change real soon. Very soon, when you put something into a shopping cart on-line your card will be charged right then and the store better have it in stock ready to go. That is the next step. That will really impact buyers who fill on-line shopping carts and then click away because someone else had a better price. This is already being tested in some stores, you take something off the shelf and immediately you've bought it.

The more the shopping process becomes automated the faster money will change accounts. Be careful what you ask for.

Don't worry, it will never pass...How in the hell did that pass?

Think past your gun, it's the last resort, the first is your brain.

Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent. In the history of humanity, no defense has ever won against an enemy with time on their side.